Kitchens and bathrooms are the most humid places in the entire flat or home. That’s why you need a good quality exhaust fan to remove the moisture from the bathroom and kitchen.
Due to moisture, there is a high chance of growing fungus, mould, etc. in your bathroom and kitchen. It can become the house of all the contaminable diseases.
Thus, all of us need to have an exhaust fan installed in the bathroom and kitchen. But it can get confusing for a person to choose an exhaust fan according to the requirements.
An exhaust fan is designed to use the suction feature to suck all the unwanted moisture from the bathroom and kitchen. There are several different models available in the market.
Choosing a product from them can be difficult. Thus, I have made a list of top 10 best exhaust fans in India, which will help you to choose the best.
Table of Contents
- These are the Top 10 Best Exhaust Fans in India 2022:
- 1. Luminous Exhaust Fan Vento Deluxe 200 mm
- 2. Havells FHVVEDXOWH08 Ventil Air Dx 200mm Sweep Size Fan
- 3. Havells Ventilair DSP 230mm Exhaust Fan
- 4. Orpat Ventilation Fan 6 Inch
- 5. Havells FHVVEDXOWH10 Ventil Air Dx 35-Watt 250mm Fan
- 6. Usha Crisp Air 200mm Exhaust Fan
- 7. Havells Ventilair DSP 300mm Sweep Area Exhaust Fan 220-240 Volts
- 8. Usha Crisp Air 150mm Exhaust Fan
- 9. Havells FHVVEDXOWH06 Ventil Air Dx 22-Watt 150mm Fan
- 10. Luminous 150 mm Vento Axial Exhaust Fan
- Exhaust Fan Buying Guide
- How to Install an Exhaust Fan in a Bathroom?
- Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
- Final Talk
These are the Top 10 Best Exhaust Fans in India 2022:
1. It has a simple design.
2. It consumes 35 Watts.
3. It has durable plastic build material.
4. It comes with two years of warranty.
1. The Luminous Exhaust Fan Vento Deluxe comes along with a fantastic design and a durable plastic material body. It is from the brand luminous, which is known for manufacturing excellent quality kitchen and home appliances. Thus, you can rely on it.
2. The fan comes with a sweep capacity of 200 mm, which is pretty great. It comes in white colour and has a dimension of 33cm x 14.5 cm x 32 cm. This product is excellent for a medium-size room or a wall window size of 10×10 inches. Thus, I feel it is an ideal option for bathroom or kitchen.
3. Don’t feel fool seeing the plastic material. It is of premium quality and is durable enough. The product can be easily wall-mounted, and it great for dealing with all the bad odours of your kitchen or bathroom equally. It can handle grease, lint and even smoke from your kitchen, which I feel is pretty great.
4. To offer a noiseless operation along with a smooth winding, it is energy efficient as well. It consumes only 35 watts and has excellent ventilation. It further comes with two years of warranty on the manufacturing defects.
1. The speed can be a concern.
1. It has a large air sweeping area.
2. It has no noise operations.
3. The power consumption is less.
4. It has five sturdy blades.
5. This delivers value for money.
1. Are you looking forward to buying an exhaust fan for your toilet and bathroom and will be a good investment, then the Havells FHVVEDXOWH08 Ventil Air Dx 200mm Sweep Size Fan is the ideal option to look for. The performance is efficient and has a pretty reliable consistency. Thus, you can rely on this product.
2. This exhaust fan comes with blades made up of metal material to distribute fresh air evenly and uniformly in the toilet and bathroom areas. Further, to increase the performance of the device, it comes with five blades, which are durable and sturdy.
3. The exhaust fan further has sweep size of 200 mm, which consumes a power of 32 Watts. The noise operation is very low when compared to the other models. The noise level is of around 42dB, which is like no noise at all.
4. This product comes along with an amazing yet simple design which attracts the buyer’s eyes. It has two years of the warranty period, which makes the usage of the fan hassle-free.
1. It is a little slow.
1. It has a sweeping size of 230mm.
2. It has a noiseless operation.
3. This has a working speed of 1350 RPM.
4. The blades are of high quality.
5. Air delivery speed is 700 cubic meters per minute.
1. This is yet another product that comes from the brand Havells. The Havells Ventilair DSP 230mm Exhaust Fan (Pista Green) is one of the most fantastic exhaust fan available in India. The Ventilair DSP has a sweep size of 230mm.
2. The product has premium quality metal blades as well as body. It offers some excellent performance along with high efficiency. It has three sturdy, strong, sharp blades to give a uniform distribution of the air at every corner of your space.
3. This Havells fan comes a speed setting that is great for efficient performance. The body, as well as the blades, are steel coated and has a sturdy steel bird guard to enhance the security of the device. It will protect the device under any condition.
4. The exhaust fan has an air delivery of 700 CMM, which gives efficient performance. It has a motor speed of 1300 RPM along with a power consumption of 40 Watts. This is great for removing all the bad odour as well as the humidity from the environment.
5. Furthermore, what I like is the colour combination as well as the look of the product. It has an eye-catching look and pista green colour to match any interior.
1. It has a low speed.
1. It has 150 mm sweep size.
2. This has a unique blade cut.
3. It has a durable plastic with a netted plastic cage.
4. It has inner fuse protection.
5. The size is 6 inches.
6. It comes with a year warranty period.
1. If you are looking for a fan that consumes minimal energy, then the Orpat Ventilation Fan is the ideal option for you. It is 6 inches in size and consumes very less power.
2. The product comes along with a sweep size of 150 mm, which is efficient in eliminating all kind of grimes, fumes, dust and bad odour from the kitchen as well as the bathroom. The product has a stylish design and has a unique blade design as well. It is neat, sharp, sturdy and facilitates in the higher flow of air.
3. Furthermore, the product comes along with interior fuse protection, which ensures the fan won’t be damaged in case there is high electricity of voltage surge. It comes with a motor which claims to be noiseless, but I found there is a certain decibel of noise.
4. Moreover, the suction power of this exhaust fan is low, which is a concern. But this fan is ideal for a small family or a small bathroom. It comes with a year warranty period on the manufacturing defects.
1. It has noise issues.
2. The suction power is low.
1. It has an operating voltage of 230 Volts.
2. The noise level is 44 dB.
3. The frequency rate is 50 Hz.
4. It comes with two years of warranty.
5. The sweep area is 250 MM.
1. The Havells FHVVEDXOWH10 Ventil Air Dx 35-Watt comes with a sturdy built-up body which is made up of plastic. It is not at all a lousy quality plastic material which gives abrasion resistance as well as a fantastic impact. It further makes sure to increase the durability of the product. The product is light in weight and resistant to colour change.
2. The product comes along with an aesthetic design, which makes sure it looks attractive and fits any interior design. Furthermore, the product is light in weight, and as a result, it makes it easy to install on any glass window.
3. I am impressed by the design of blades, which has an aerodynamic design to make sure the blade can move freely and give maximum airflow. The fan has a sweep size of around 250 MM, which makes sure all the bad odours are removed.
4. This product further comes along with a gravity shutter which ensures no bird, dust or even any insect go inside and cause a mess in the system. The device is affordable and a great way to enhance durability.
5. The product has amazing flow rate, and the motor speed is very high. It is 1200 RPM, which makes sure the air inside is healthy. All the bad moisture and the odour is removed.
1. The installation is difficult.
1. It consumes less power.
2. The operations are noiseless.
3. It is light in weight.
4. The installation is easy.
5. It has a rustproof design.
1. Usha is a brand that is very well reputed in India and is known for manufacturing some great home as well as kitchen appliances. This Usha Crisp Air 200mm is one such product from the brand to look at. It is great for toilets and bathrooms available in the market that too at an affordable price.
2. This exhaust fan has an automatic shutter which will shut down in case the fan stops working. The fan has a design of stylish and sleek that has a rust-proof body as well. This enhances the reliability of the product, and thus, you can opt for this device.
3. The fan has a motor speed of 1300 RPM along with a sweep size of 200 mm. All these help to eliminate smoke, bad odours, fumes, and humidity from the toilet and the bathroom.
3. The fan consumes a power of 40 Watts, which makes it an energy-saving model as well. It provides noiseless operation.
4. This product has a warranty period of 1 year, which makes the use of the device mess and fuss-free. It is light in weight, and this is only 1.66 kgs. The installation is easy and takes very less time.
1. It is not meant for the kitchen.
1. It comes with a sweep area of 300 MM.
2. It consumes a voltage of 230 V.
3. The fan has normal speed.
4. It has a powder-coated metallic finish.
5. This has a bird guard for protection.
6. It comes with two years of warranty.
1. The Havells Ventilair DSP 300mm Sweep Area Exhaust Fan comes along with sturdy metal construction. It has blades as well as body both made up of good quality metal. This will add durability as well as the longevity of the fan. To further make it rustproof, the product is powder-coated.
2. The product further comes along with a bird guard, which is also made up of metal spokes. This will prevent the tiny birds from entering the fan and causing any mess or jam. Thus, ensuring the blades run better.
3. This product comes along an excellent airflow with a sweep size of 300 MM. This fan has an airflow of 900 CMH. The motor has a great power, which makes sure the air is distributed evenly at every corner of the room.
4. The exhaust fan further has a high speed of 1350 RPM, which gives an efficient performance. This makes the fan efficient at eliminating all the bad odour from the bathroom. It maintains the speed for hours which I found is excellent.
5. The fan comes with a balanced blade along with an aerodynamical design, which makes sure the amount of air is distributed evenly. The design further makes it balanced, causing less amount of buffeting.
1. Sound issues may happen.
1. This has a noiseless operation.
2. It comes with back shutter.
3. The product is long-lasting as well as durable.
4. It has a rustproof body and blades.
5. It looks very stylish.
1. The Usha Crisp Air 150mm Exhaust Fan comes with a great space-saving design, which is excellent for your toilet or bathroom. The design is so good that it could easily remove the humidity as well as the bad odour from the area.
2. The product has rust-proof blades, and it enhances the durability of the product. The performance is excellent with the five blades it has. This helps to distribute the fresh air at every corner of the space evenly. The best part is that along with the rust-proof blades; the body is also rust-proof.
3. The product further comes along with a back shutter, which makes sure the device turns off while the fan isn’t working. The sleek design makes it even better to install it.
4. It consumes a power of 30 Watts and has a motor speed of 1386 RPM which gives a fantastic performance. The product offers noiseless operations, and the lightweight of the device makes it easy to carry. Furthermore, you will have a year warranty on this.
1. The suction capacity is low.
1. This is an energy-efficient model.
2. The product is resistant to colour change.
3. It is durable as well as high-quality.
4. It comes with two years of the warranty period.
5. This comes with five blades.
1. When it comes to kitchen or home appliances, the name Havells comes in the first place. There are several exhaust fans available from the brand Havells. The Havells FHVVEDXOWH06 Ventil Air Dx 22-Watt 150mm Fan is yet another such fantastic fan. This is a reliable one, and you can opt for this product without a second thought.
2. The Havells fan comes with a simple design along with a sweep capacity of 150 mm. This model is efficient for clearing the humidity as well as the bad odour from the toilet and bathroom. It keeps the space clean and fresh all the time.
3. Another great benefit of having this fan installed is that it consumes very less power of 22 Watts. It is energy efficient and has a motor speed of 1350 RPM. I feel this product is excellent for removing all the bad odour from the space.
4. I feel the fan is suitable for every space; it comes with a speed setting option. There are four different speed control options which allow you to adjust the speed according to your needs.
5. This fan comes with five sturdy, strong and sharp blades, which helps to distribute fresh air evenly. It further comes along with two years of the warranty period.
1. Quite big.
1. It has a powerful motor.
2. The speed of the motor is 2000 RPM.
3. It has a big sweep size of 150 mm.
4. This has two years of the warranty period.
1. The Luminous 150 mm Vento Axial Exhaust Fan comes from the brand, Luminous, which is very famous for manufacturing good quality home appliances. It is one of the most reliable product in the brand. Thus, you can, without a doubt, opt for this.
2. This product comes along with a sweep capacity of 150 mm and is white, which gives it an attractive look. The dimension of the product is 18 x 10.5 x 18 cm. It is an ideal fan for your kitchen or bathroom as the design fits into any modern interior.
4. The product further has a motor speed of 2000 RPM, which is excellent and consumes 22 watts only, which makes it energy efficient as well. It is made up of high-quality build material.
5. The product is furthermore efficient in eliminating smoke, fumes, bad odour from the space it is installed. It has a space-saving design, and the installation is not so hard at all.
1. The safety grill is made up of plastic material.
Exhaust Fan Buying Guide
1. Types Of Exhaust Fans
There are two types of exhaust fans available in India to choose from. Here are they:
a) Bathroom Exhaust Fan:
These types of exhaust fans are designed for bathrooms. They are used for pushing out all the damp air as well as moisture from inside of the bathroom to the outdoor environment.
b) Kitchen Exhaust Fan:
As the name suggests, these types of exhaust fans are used in the kitchen space to remove the smoke or other dust particles of the air. It is not suitable for driving out damp air.
2. Fan Size
One of the essential factor to consider while buying an exhaust fan is the size of the fan. Don’t just randomly walk into the store and opt for a random size fan. It may or may not fit into your kitchen or your bathroom.
However, most of the buyers think that buying a small fan with a big window will drive more air outdoor, but it will work oppositely. It will drive in all the unwanted air to your bathroom by increasing the moisture level.
If you have larger windows, then you would require bigger size fans and vice versa. The measurements are done in the form of CFM or cubic feet per meter.
For the same, you need to calculate the bathroom size. For example, if the width of the bathroom is 4 feet and 6 feet tall, then the room size is 24 sq.ft. In this case, you should ideally opt for a fan size of 60 CFM.
Another factor to consider while purchasing an exhaust fan is to look for the efficiency of the product.
4. Number Of Blades
With the help of blades, the exhaust fan motor works. Usually, an exhaust fan comes with two to five number of blades, and you can opt for one according to your needs.
If you want to drive out hot air from your big kitchen space, then the ones with five blades are a great option. This will emit all the unwanted smell with a higher rate of airflow.
5. Blade Material
One of the most crucial factor to look at while opting for an exhaust fan for your kitchen is to see the blade material. However, it won’t have so much of impact on the bathroom exhaust fans.
In that case, the build material plays an important role. Metal blades are durable in nature and plastic blades won’t last for a longer period. However, the plastic ones come more affordable than metal ones.
6. Noise Factor
Buying a cheap quality or unbranded product will make noise that may irritate you. You should check the sones value of the fan, which will give you the idea of how noisy the fan will be.
It is always suggested to keep a budget in mind before you purchase a product randomly. Keeping a budget in mind will help you choose a product according to your requirements.
Set a budget in mind, then look for all the factors that you want your exhaust fan to have. However, the range typically varies between 800 to 2000.
Higher price won’t mean a quality product at all. You should go for the brand that comes with reliable products.
8. External Guard
Safety is yet another factor to look for while buying an exhaust fan. Protecting your fan motor from the lizards is a must.
Usually, exhaust fans come with mesh or a safety grill which makes sure no birds or insects get inside.
While purchasing a product, most of the buyers forget to check the warranty period it comes with. However, I feel it is very much essential to look at the warranty period the product comes with.
Most of the times, an exhaust fan ideally comes along with 1 or 2 years of the warranty period. While you may find products that come with a warranty card, most of the times the bill will act as the warranty proof.
In case the fan breaks up, you can go to the store and show the bill as the warranty proof. And if the product is under the warranty period, you can get a replacement or get it repaired.
How to Install an Exhaust Fan in a Bathroom?
Installing an exhaust fan in a bathroom is way similar to any other exhaust fan. Follow these simple steps to install the fan successfully.
1. At first, fix a position where you want to install the fan. You can always fix it right above the window area in your bathroom.
2. Now check the instruction and after opening the screws, follow it to install. Not every fan has the same screw settings or fittings. Thus, you need to check the manual.
3. After the fixing is done, ensure that there is insulation added. The gaps should be covered well.
4. Once the fixing is done, you need to set the wiring of the exhaust fan now. You need to add the wiring of the fan to the circuit board.
5. Check if the model has an outer cover case or not. If yes, fix it, and if not, they buy it and fix for extra security.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
1. What is CFM?
The full form of CFM is cubic feet per minute. This defines the quantity of air volume that is moved by the fan. You should opt for a fan which a minimum CFM of 50.
Usually, an exhaust fan comes with 50-100 CFM. For a small size room, you can go for the 50 CFM ones.
2. What is the sweeping size of the fan?
Sweeping size of the fan is defined as the total diameter of the fan blade. The larger diameter will not give you any better air delivery.
3. Can I leave bathroom exhaust fan on all night?
Well! I have previously mentioned that the maximum running time of an exhaust fan is 20 minutes. If you want to enhance the durability of the product, you should not run it longer.
This may affect the ball bearings present in the fan, which eventually will damage the whole device.
4. What are timer features in the fans?
Timers are used to turn off the fan at a preset time. It isn’t essential but can come real handy.
It may not be so beneficial if you use it at the bathroom or kitchen, but using an exhaust fan with timer for your workplace or restaurant will be a great option.
5. What is sone, and how to measure it?
Sone is the noise measurement, which is emitted by the exhaust fan. I suggest you go for the exhaust fans with sones of 2 or less. The higher the sones are, the noisier it will be.
An exhaust fan with a simple design, low power consumption, durable build quality, fantastic performance, and the excellent warranty period is what you should look for. All my products listed are great to have for your bathroom or kitchen.
If you are confused, you can go through the buying guide I have made for you. This will help you in understand the basic of the product.
However, if you still have questions in your mind, then you can surely comment down your queries below. I will be happy to help you out!