Are you looking forward to buying a geyser water heater? Do you feel confused while selecting one for yourself?
Well! If yes, then here is the complete guide for you along with the list of the best geyser water heater in India.
I know how hard it is to take a morning shower during the winter season with cold water. There is a simple solution to your problem. Install the correct water heater and enjoy a relaxing bath.
Further, I suggest you go through the buying guide to understand the device well. This will help you in choosing the best water heater for yourself.
Table of Contents
- Geyser Buying Guide India
- These are the Top 10 Best Geysers/Water Heaters In India 2019:
- 1. V-Guard Victo 15 Litres Storage Water Heater
- 2. AO Smith HSE-SDS-15 15-Litre Storage Water Heater
- 3. AO Smith HSE-VAS-015 15-Litre Storage Water Heater
- 4. Bajaj New Shakti GL 25-Litre Storage Water Heater
- 5. Racold Pronto Neo 3 L Instant Water Heater
- 6. Bajaj New Shakti GL 15-Litre Storage Water Heater
- 7. Bajaj Flora 3-Litre Instant Water Heater
- 8. Crompton Solarium DLX IWH03PC1 3 L Instant Water Heater
- 9. Havells Instanio 3-Litre Instant Water Heater
- 10. Bajaj Majesty Duetto LPG 6 L Instant Water Heater
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Final Talk
Geyser Buying Guide India
1. Know Your Purpose
The most crucial factor to consider before buying a geyser is to know about the purpose of buying it. For say: If you want to use for dishwashing or hand washing, then you should opt for a small water heater whereas bigger size geysers are suitable for bathrooms.
Thus, it is always essential for you to understand your requirements as it will help you in choosing the best water heater. A few questions you can ask yourself before proceeding are:
a) Do you want the geyser to be compatible with the showers?
b) Are you buying the water heater to wash kitchen utensils?
c) Do you want to connect the heater with the normal tap in your bathroom?
Remember, the more you question yourself, the more it will become easy for you to know your requirements.
2. Storage Capacity
Another crucial factor to consider is the storage space the geyser has. If you are looking for a geyser for a bigger family, then you must look out for a water heater with a good storage capacity of 10-12L.
However, for a small family of 2-3 people, a geyser with 5-8L is sufficient.
3. Types Of Water Heater
The water heater is divided into two different types- electric as well as gas. Now, let us go into details:
a) Electric Water Heater
The geyser that consumes electricity to operate is the electric water heater. These are further classified into two different types depending on the functionality or speed of operation.
1. Instant Geysers
The instant geysers take less space for mounting and have no storage space. It can have a maximum capacity of 10 litres. You can get hot water service immediately whenever you need.
I suggest it for washing hand or dishwashing.
2. Storage Geysers
The storage water heaters usually need more space for wall mounting and have a storage tank. It can store a maximum of 35 litres. However, you need to wait for at least 5 minutes to heat the water. It is great for showering and bathing.
b) Gas Water Heater
The water heater that consumes natural gas to function is known as the gas water heater. They have lesser maintenance costs than electric heaters.
However, the biggest concern is about the safety factor due to low-quality built-up materials. They hardly last for 6-7 years.
In a water heater, there are two different types of readings available: the bathing temperature and the thermostat temperature. Usually, the bathing temperature is lower than the thermostat temperature.
It happens because we mix cold water to the bath as we can’t take a shower on fully hot water. The ideal temperature to take a shower is around 36 degrees, whereas the thermostat one is 60 degrees.
5. Power Consumption
Power consumption is the electric power that a water heater consumes. It is denoted in Watts. Although this isn’t a significant factor to consider, you can’t avoid it as well.
The electricity consumption depends on certain factors such as the temperature of the thermostat and the water, hot water volume, and standing loss. Using water at a higher temperature will consume more electricity.
The amount of heat loss is known as the standing loss. The BEE energy star rating denotes it.
6. Types Of Water: Hard or Soft
One of the most critical factors, according to me, is to know the types of water- hard or soft. Usually, hard water decreases the lifespan as well as the performance of the water heater.
Thus, if you have hard water, you should opt for geyser with corrosion resistant water tank. These are usually made up of steel, copper, etc.
For people living in an area with soft water are lucky enough. You can opt for any of the basic models as it is easy to convert soft water to hot.
7. Durability & Maintenance
In unpleasant conditions, the ability to withstand and perform efficiently is related to the durability of the product. The more durable the product is, the better performance it will give.
On the other hand, you need to maintain the water heater according to the usage. Proper maintenance will make sure the product stay in an excellent working condition.
I have always seen the tendency of people to avoid watching the warranty period of the product they are buying. However, it is very much crucial to see the given warranty period to use it without any issues.
Usually, a high-end geyser comes with 4 to 5 years of warranty on the tank and 2-3 years on the body or other accessories. Remember, it is a one-time investment and thus, choose wisely.
And last but not least is to look for the budget. Although it comes at the last, you can’t simply deny the importance of it.
You must decide a budget on your mind and then look for geysers within the same budget with all the requirements you have. If you have a low budget, opt for basic level models.
Otherwise, you can go with a high-end water heater.
These are the Top 10 Best Geysers/Water Heaters In India 2019:
1. V-Guard Victo 15 Litres Storage Water Heater
1. It is energy efficient.
2. The maintenance is low.
3. It comes with two years of the warranty period.
4. It has a thermal cutoff feature.
5. The product is made up of premium quality material.
6. It has BEE 5 star rating
7. It comes with a four-layer security system.
8. The product has a temperature control knob.
1. My top pick water heater is from a very reputed brand, V-Guard. It is one of the trusted brands in India that is known for manufacturing high-quality electrical appliances.
2. The V-Guard Victo geyser comes along with a vast storage capacity of 15 litres. It has good quality built-up material. The storage space is sufficient for a large or medium size family.
3. This water heater is made up of premium quality steel material, which is further coated with an anti-corrosive powder. This enhances the longevity of the product.
4. To enhance the durability of the inner tank, it is made up of thick gauge steel along with premium glass coating. This is further coated with single line welding technology.
5. To decrease the energy loss and retain heat, the tank has a PUF insulation. The water heater further has a BEE 5 star rating.
6. I was pretty happy seeing how it heats up the water within a few minutes. Storing water wasn’t a big issue. The maintenance was also low and is ideal for hard water too.
1. It may not withstand high pressure.
2. AO Smith HSE-SDS-15 15-Litre Storage Water Heater
1. The storage capacity is decent.
2. It consumes 2000 watts of power.
3. There is a safety valve feature along with a thermal cutout.
4. It has Blue Diamond technology.
5. It comes with two years warranty on the product.
6. This is great for hard water.
7. The product is corrosion free.
1. The AO Smith HSE-SDS-15 Water Heater comes along with a pretty decent storage capacity of 15 litres. It is right for a medium size family.
2. This product has a fantastic design and comes from a reputed brand of AO Smith. Thus, you can rely on this product. It makes it convenient to use and is a perfect geyser for daily use.
3. What I like more is that the geyser comes along with all the advanced technologies. This protects the heater against any working issues. The power consumption is around 2000 watts.
4. It has Blue Diamond glass lined tank to offer ultimate protection against corrosion and hard water-related issues. Thus, this product can work great in areas with hard water.
5. The product is suitable for high rise apartments because of the 8 bar rated water pressure. It is energy saving geyser as well due to the BEE 5 star rating it has.
6. Furthermore, the product comes along with seven years of warranty on the tank, four years on the heating element, and two years on the overall product. I found it to be pretty decent at the price you are paying.
1. Installation charges are applicable.
2. After sales service isn’t good.
3. AO Smith HSE-VAS-015 15-Litre Storage Water Heater
1. It has 15 litres of storage space.
2. There is a Blue Diamond technology.
3. The power consumption is around 2000 watts.
4. There is a temperature control knob.
5. It has a thermal cutout.
6. It has two years of the warranty period.
1. The AO Smith HSE-VAS-015 is yet another excellent water heater from the reputed brand of AO Smith. You can have complete faith in this product.
2. The product further comes along with a Blue Diamond glass lined tank, which is excellent for enhancing the durability of the inner tank. It has a temperature control knob which allows you to control the temperature between 25-degree Celsius to 75-degree Celsius.
3. The water heater has a heating element with a glass coating. It prevents any scale formation and thus, increases the heating element life.
4. Furthermore, the geyser has an anode rod which is made up of stainless steel to protect from corrosion. It works with a cathodic action to fight against all the corrosive elements. This way, it increases the life of the geyser.
5. There is a safety valve present within the water heater to release the water and pressure automatically in case of overshoots. The thermal cutout feature helps to cut off the power in case the temperature exceeds.
1. Indicator lights are dim.
4. Bajaj New Shakti GL 25-Litre Storage Water Heater
1. The storage capacity is enormous and is of 25 litres.
2. It consumes 2000 Watts of power.
3. It is coated with anti-corrosion powder.
4. This has a glass line inner tank.
5. The tank has PUF insulation.
6. It comes with two years of the warranty period.
1. My next product in the list of the best water heater in India is none other from a very famous brand of Bajaj. It is known for manufacturing some of the best appliances. Thus, you can entirely rely on the product.
2. The Bajaj New Shakti GL water heater comes along with a storage capacity of 25 litres. It is huge! Isn’t it? I find it is excellent for large families.
3. This geyser comes along with a glass lined tank. It prevents your water heater from accumulating limescale within the tank. The product further has an anode rod, which is magnesium coated. This prevents corrosion and as well as water leakage.
4. The product has an Incoloy heating element which enhances the durability of the device. I suggest you opt for this water heater if you have high water pressure.
5. What I like more about the geyser is that it has ample safety measure. It protects the water from dry heating or overheating. It is meant to tackle excessive water pressure as well. This water heater is heat resistant and comes with a 5-star BEE rating.
6. The best part about the product is that it can fit into any space be it the kitchen, laundry, or even bathroom. It can easily be wall mounted and has rust protection.
1. The temperature monitor isn’t perfect.
2. The packaging doesn’t have pipes.
5. Racold Pronto Neo 3 L Instant Water Heater
1. It has advanced safety features.
2. The product is suitable for individual and kitchen use.
3. It has an automatic power cut option.
4. The product has an attractive look.
5. It is an instant heater with 3 litres of storage capacity.
1. The Racold Pronto Neo geyser can be an excellent choice for the ones looking for a water heater for regular use. It is a good option for your kitchen, washing hands, and bathroom for single use as well.
2. This water heater comes along with 3 litres of storage capacity. It is sufficient for storing water and heating it. This delivers excellent quality water, and thus, you can rely on this.
3. The product comes along with a fantastic design and compact look. I look at how it comes with an elegant outer body. The built material is of good quality, and at this price point, you will not get such an amazing look water heater.
4. The product further is corrosion as well as rust proof. Thus, it is reliable. And with the innovative technology, you will get hot water within a few minutes.
5. To control dry heating, this product comes along with the anti-siphoning system. Moreover, there is auto cut off option to control the power supplies while in an emergency.
1. It is not ideal for a large family.
6. Bajaj New Shakti GL 15-Litre Storage Water Heater
1. The storage space is 15 litres.
2. The product consumes 2000 watts.
3. The product comes with a glass line inner tank.
4. It has PUF insulation.
5. The body is rust and corrosion free.
6. It comes along with two years of the warranty period.
1. The Bajaj New Shakti GL water heater is yet another amazing product from the brand Bajaj. You can entirely rely on this water heater. The product is capable of heating water according to the user’s need.
2. This product comes along with 15 litres of huge storage capacity. It is great for a medium size Indian family. I would suggest a family with 4-6 members to opt for this water heater.
3. Furthermore, the product comes along with an inner tank, which is a glass line coated. This prevents any rust and makes the product corrosion free.
4. The product further has fire resistant cables which enhance the security of the product. It protects the device from electric shocks as well as overheating.
5. If you have pressure pumps along with high-pressure water, then this water heater is an ideal choice for you. Combining all the advanced features and classic design, this product makes a perfect buy.
1. Installation can be a big deal.
2. No accessories come along with the product.
7. Bajaj Flora 3-Litre Instant Water Heater
1. The storage space is around 3 litres.
2. It consumes 3000Watts of power.
3. There is a power on/off indicators for the heating function.
4. It has an efficient heating element.
5. The body is rust and has a triple safety system.
6. It comes along with two years of the warranty period.
1. Bajaj is one of the most reputed brands in India known for manufacturing fantastic quality appliances. Thus, you can rely on the Bajaj Flora 3-Litre Instant Water Heater.
2. If you are looking for an instant heater, then it can be an ideal choice for you. It comes in an attractive design with a compact size, and the blend of both along with efficient heating is just so perfect.
3. The product is made up of premium quality material to make sure the water gets heated faster according to the requirements. It has a storage capacity of 3 litres, which is sufficient for a single person. You can use this in the kitchen or for washing hands.
4. The product comes along with specific safety measures. Thus, it is 100% safe to use water coming out from the water heater.
5. The Bajaj Flora 3-Litre Instant Water Heater comes along with corrosion and rust free body. It has a thermoplastic body and comes along with two years of warranty on the product and five years on the inner tanks.
1. Not for bigger families.
8. Crompton Solarium DLX IWH03PC1 3 L Instant Water Heater
1. The product has a sleek design.
2. It has got a stainless steel body.
3. The product is energy efficient.
4. The product has 3 Litres of storage space.
5. It is rustproof and has nanopolymer coated tank.
6. It comes with two years of the warranty period.
1. The Crompton Solarium DLX IWH03PC1 is an instant water heater that is from a reputed brand of Crompton. It is an amazing instant heater for your kitchen. You can use it in your bathroom for single use.
2. The product comes with a small storage capacity of 3 litres. It is an instant heater, and thus, I feel it is sufficient for the people who are looking for the same.
3. It has a compact size and a sleek body. You can fit it anywhere. It is wall mountable, and with all these fantastic features and attractive look it is a great buy.
4. To protect from corrosion and rust, the product comes along with stainless steel coating. The heating element is copper, which requires less maintenance.
1. Display lights are poor.
9. Havells Instanio 3-Litre Instant Water Heater
1. It comes with a stainless steel tank.
2. The product comes with 3 litres of storage capacity.
3. It is rustproof as well as shockproof.
4. The product consumes 3000 watts of power.
5. It comes with a 2-year warranty period.
1. The second last product is from another well-known brand of Havells, which is known for manufacturing fantastic kitchen and bathroom appliances. It is the Havells Instanio 3-Litre Instant Water Heater.
2. The product comes along with a storage capacity of 3 litres. It is an instant water heater which is great for the bathroom, kitchen use.
3. The product further has a copper heating element, which is excellent for enhancing the performance of the geyser. It has a premium quality thermostat to maintain the correct temperature.
4. What I like more about the product is that it has colour changing LED lights. This is amazing and helpful to set the temperature according to the LED indication.
1. No safety valve present.
10. Bajaj Majesty Duetto LPG 6 L Instant Water Heater
1. The product has 6 litres of storage capacity.
2. It has dry heating protection.
3. It consumes 3000 watts of power.
4. This has two years of the warranty period.
5. The product is rust and corrosion proof.
6. It has an inlet water level low sensor.
1. The Bajaj Majesty Duetto LPG is an instant water heater. This product comes from a very reputed brand of Bajaj. Thus, I had to include this on the list.
2. The product comes along with a storage capacity of 6 litres. I feel it is sufficient enough for single use, kitchen use, etc.
3. This product comes along with a child lock, which makes sure you stay safe while you are using the water heater. There is a flame detection as well to enhance the safety feature of the product.
4. It has two dry cells which are responsible perfectly for enhancing all the features of the water heater. There is an anti-freeze option to keep the water hot for a more extended period.
1. Installation can be a problem.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. Which water heater is better- Electric or Gas?
Considering the gas consumption price and the electricity bill, electric water heaters are much more expensive than the gas ones.
2. What is the working principle of a water heater?
Well! The geyser comes with a straightforward working principle. While it is on, the sensors detect the cool water and start heating it with the heating element present.
However, after the desired temperature is reached, the water heater will turn off automatically. And, you are ready to use the hot water.
3. Which geyser is appropriate for me?
As per my research and expert views, electric geysers are better to opt for than the other types of water heaters. This is due to the smart options, flexibility as well as efficient performance.
Furthermore, this kind of water heater comes at an affordable budget.
However, if you want to opt for a gas water heater, you should refill the cylinder regularly. But remember, they release carbon monoxide, which isn’t good for health.
4. How long does a water heater or geyser last?
A geyser or water heater can last for 8 to 10 years. However, proper maintenance can help you keep it well for more than that.
5. Is instant geyser good enough for bathroom usage?
Do you want to save electricity cost? If yes, you should go for an instant water heater. They can store 6 litres of hot water at a time.
But, if you want to use it for the bathroom use, then you should go for a water heater with high storage capacity.
Now that you are aware of the top 10 best geyser water heater in India, I am sure you can select one for yourself.
In today’s world, every individual needs a geyser to have a relaxing shower. Choosing a geyser can be difficult due to so many options already available in the market.
However, if you are still confused, I would suggest you opt for any one of the products mentioned above as all are of premium quality to meet your expectation.