Room heaters are known by the name of space heaters in other countries. They create a warm atmosphere inside a room and saves the house members from chilling cold outside. In this post, I am writing about how to choose the best room heater for your needs and top 10 best room heaters in India you can buy right now from comfort of your home.
Choosing a Room Heater According to Type
There are two main types of room heaters :
1) Convection Heater - Convection room heaters are designed to warm an entire room. Some are fan assisted and some aren't. These kind of room heaters can be a great year round option. Turn the heater off and use it as a fan in the summer months. They work by heating the air around them. After the electrically heated coils, wires, or ceramic elements in the unit warm the air nearby, circulation must take over. These heaters are a good choice for warming a whole room, warming several people at once, and providing heat over several hours. They can take a little time to reach their peak; however, after shutting off convection heaters, warmed air will remain for a time.
2) Radiant Heaters - Radiant room heaters use infrared technology to produce heat. These models do not heat the air around them. Instead, electricity runs through a quartz tube or a ribbon filament, and the resulting heat transfers directly to people and surrounding objects. For this reason, they work well warming a very small space or only one or two people at a time. Due to their technology, they also heat up very quickly, but the heat dissipates as soon as the unit is shut off.
Choosing a Room Heater According to Room Size
The amount of watts produced by the room heater determines the coverage area. For example, if you purchase a 2000 watt room heater, you can expect it to warm a 200 sq. ft. area. There are manufacturer variations; however, typically measuring watts to sq. ft. determines the outcome. Measuring watts to sq. ft. is done by dividing 10 into the number of watts the room heater offers (2000/10=200 sq. ft.). Measure the room you want to heat and make a room heater purchase accordingly. For example, a room that measures 10 x 15 feet will measure 150 square feet.
Features to Look in Room Heaters
1) Wattage - The power of the heater affects its heat output, and higher wattages produce more heat.
2) Automatic On-Off Switch - This switch turns the heater off if it tips over or overheats. Some units will switch off if something or someone touches the protective grill.
3) Power Cord Length - Having an adequately long cord allows more choices for heater placement and helps avoid the need for an extension board.
4) Handle - A handle is both a necessity and a convenience when carrying a heater from room to room.
Choosing a Room Heater By Price
- 5 Best Room Heaters Under ₹ 1000 in India
Bajaj Flashy Room Heater will keep you warm in the biting cold days of winter. It has nickel chrome plated mesh grid and bright nickel chrome plated reflector. This stylish and compact heater comes with a single heating element. The Bajaj Flashy Room Heater has a superior heating element. A BIS (ISI marked) approved product, the heater is made in India and has a guarantee of 2 years.
Orpat OEH-1220 2000-Watt Element Heater has the capacity to be on for a considerable time while heating an area at its highest temperature.
This heater is equipped with 2 heat settings ( 1000 watts and 2000 watts). It has saftey cut out and termal cut out for added saftey. Orpat OEH-1220 Room Heater also comes with cool touch body, non sagging, stiched type and long life heating element.
The Heater comes with a one year warranty and is available in the colour white.
The Orpat 2000-watt element heater features two separate heat settings of 1000 watts and 2000 watts, giving you the option to set the heat output as per your need and comfort.
In order to ensure that your room heater is safe from any technical glitches, Orpat has included a safety cut-off to stop the power supply in case there is any voltage fluctuation. It comes with a warranty of one year in case of any damage.
It has nickel chrome plated mesh grid and bright nickel chrome plated reflector.
The heater comes with a single heating element. It has a compact and stylish design. The Bajaj Minor Room Heater has a special reflecting surface for uniform heat distribution. A BIS (ISI marked) approved product, the heater is made in India and has a guarantee of 2 years.
Even in terms of style, this room heater has a very compact design. Because of its design, it can be kept in any room, without ruining the aesthetics of the room. Its special reflecting surface is ideal for uniform heat distribution, which means that your entire room will heat up within a short span of time. This also means that you can save on your electricity bill.
The Orpat Element Heater OEH-1250 is non-sagging and the long life heating element makes it the preferred choice among customers. You can set the temperature according to your own requirement. The Orpat Element Heater OEH-1250 has safety cut-off which automatically gets switched off when maximum temperature is reached. You can use the element heater in office, home or anywhere and beat the chill in style. It has a cool touch body which makes it extremely easy to handle.
The element heater is safe to use, as it has both a safety cut off that automatically switches off when maximum temperature is reached and a thermal cut off. The thermal cut off protects against thermal overheating. Moreover, the Orpat element heater is built with pure copper-wire motor. This ensures that the internal mechanism works safely for long periods of time.
- 5 Best Room Heaters Under ₹ 2000 in India
This convector heater has an inbuilt automatic cut-off system to prevent overheating, and its compact design and convenient handle make it easy to move around. It also has an adjustable thermostat that allows you to control the temperature according to your preference.
The height can be adjusted to suit your liking, and it can be alternatively used as a fan. It operates on a 100 percent copper wire motor.
2) Bajaj Blow Hot Room Heater
Bajaj BLOW HOT Room Heater will keep you warm in the biting cold days of winter. The added advantage that this heater facilitates is that it can work as heater in winter and personal fan in summer. The heater comes with two heat settings. It is designed for easy mobility and has compact and stylish design. The Bajaj BLOW HOT Room Heater has a superior heating element and also provides the facility of automatic thermal safety cut-out. A BIS (ISI marked) approved product, the heater is made in India and has a guarantee of 2 years.
Economically designed, the Usha room heater consumes 230 volts. To prevent overheating, the heater comes with a switch that automatically shuts it off, before it can overheat. This switch also cuts off the heater in case it falls or tips over. Usha QH 3002 Quartz Room Heater is finished with a powder coating, which prevents it from corroding.
Also, the heater can be positioned in two different ways, depending on your comfort and requirement. It even has hooks at the back, that have been specifically provided to mount the power cord of the heater for easy storage.
The Usha room heater comes with a warranty period of 1 year.
Orpat OHH-1220 Helogen Heater is a 3 Bar halogen heater equipped with 3 heat settings (400 w, 800 w and 1200 w). It flaunts a safety tip-over switch and safety mesh grill, 60 degree Rotating base. Orpat OHH-1220 Helogen Heater also comes in Modern and sturdy design.
For safety purposes, the Orpat PTC heater comes with an in-built overheat auto cut off protection. So in case of any overheating, the heater supply is turned off automatically and any accident is thus averted. The heater also comes with a safety mesh grill protection to protect the heating element.
The appliance makes use of a 100% copper wire motor in order to draw the air from the surroundings for heating.
The heater is fitted with a safety tip-over switch and a power ON indicator as well. The appliance can be run in two modes and they draw 1200 watt and 1600 watt respectively. It is provided with a handle, and that makes it extremely useful to carry around.
Buy Now from : Amazon | Flipkart | Snapdeal
Hope this list helped you in your room heater purchase decision. If you have any questions, doubts or feedback, you can comment below or contact me by email.