If you want to live a healthy life, the essential thing that you need to do is to drink purified water every day. But due to the increasing pollution level, one of the primary concern these days is water contamination.
You must be aware of the poor water condition of the lakes, rivers, seas, etc., which are the primary sources of water in India. If you see a lake or a river in any Metropolitan city like Delhi, then it is clear evidence of how seriously water is polluted.
Having contaminated water can lead to severe health conditions. It is mandatory for drinking water to have taste, appearance, and odour according to the guidelines of safe drinking water.
However, with the advancement in the field of technology, now you can consume safe and pure water with the help of water purifiers. It helps to tackle all the water-related issues.
Choosing a water purifier can never be an easy task with so many options to choose from. But, here is a list of top 10 best water purifiers in India along with a buying guide for all my readers.
I hope at the end of the article; it will become easy for you to choose a water purifier according to your needs. So without wasting more time, let’s jump into the article.
Table of Contents
- These are the Top 10 Best Water Purifiers in India 2022:
- 1. KENT Grand 8-Litres Wall-Mountable RO + UV/UF + TDS Water Purifier
- 2. Havells Max 7-litres RO UV Water Purifier
- 3. Kent Grand Plus 8-Litre Mineral RO + UV/UF with TDS Controller Water Purifier
- 4. Eureka Forbes Aquasure from Aquaguard Smart 20-Watt UV Water Purifier
- 5. Kent Pride Plus 11067, 8 Ltr RO+ UF+ TDS+ UV Water Purifier
- 6. Eureka Forbes Aquaguard Crystal Plus UV Water Purifier
- 7. Kent Pearl 8-Litre Mineral RO+UV+UF Water Purifier
- 8. Eureka Forbes Aquasure from Aquaguard Smart Plus 6-Litres RO+UV+MTDS Water Purifier
- 9. Blue Star Aristo RO+UV AR4BLAM01 7-Litre Water Purifier
- 10. Eureka Forbes Aquasure from Aquaguard Aquaflo DX 18-Watt UV Water Purifier
- What is TDS?
- Source of Water
- Types Of Water Purifier
- Water Purifier Buying Guide
- Should I Buy Water Purifier Online?
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Final Talk
These are the Top 10 Best Water Purifiers in India 2022:
1. KENT Grand 8-Litres Wall-Mountable RO + UV/UF + TDS Water Purifier
1. It is the best RO water purifier in India.
2. It comes with a year warranty period.
3. It has a UV lamp.
4. This is sufficient for the 6-7 number of people.
5. It consumes less power.
6. There is a manual and an installation kit present.
1. The KENT Grand is one of the best Ro water purifiers in India with 8 litres of capacity. It is sufficient for a medium Indian family.
2. With the double purification method of RO+UV/UF, it ensures no chemical, salt as well as bacteria are left in the water. Thus, it serves you with 100% purified water to drink.
3. The product comes along with a filter change alarm which alerts you in case a filter replacement id needed. It also has a UV fail alarm which alerts if UV failure occurs. As a result, you can have 100% pure water every time.
4. The product is made up of high-quality ABS food plastic, which makes it easy to clean and sturdy as well. It can purify 15 litres of water in an hour, which is pretty decent.
5. The power consumption is less and is around 60 watts. There is an inbuilt SMPS or switching mode power supply which can handle a power supply of up to 300 Watts. The UV lamp consumes a power of only 8 watts.
6. I liked the water saving technology it has, which helps you to recover 50% purified water. The wall mountable feature makes it easy to handle or store as well.
7. The TDS factor ensures purifying even hard water, and thus, you can opt for this water purifier if you are staying in an area with higher TDS level.
1. It has no water level indicator present.
2. Havells Max 7-litres RO UV Water Purifier
1. It has a modern design.
2. There is a revitalizer as well as a mineralizer.
3. It comes with a year warranty period.
4. It comes with seven stages of purification.
1. The Havells Max 7-litres RO UV Water Purifier comes along with seven stages of purification. It includes RO+UV, which are the best in today’s industry. Other than that, it has a reverse osmosis method which eliminates all the impurities from the water.
2. The best is that the product comes along with a mineralizer. It replenishes all the minerals that were lost during the purification. This also maintains the pH balance of the water.
3. It has a compact yet fantastic design with a sturdy body made up of ABS food plastic material. This has a 3-way wall mounting system which makes it convenient to mount anywhere in the kitchen. However, you can also place it on top of the table.
4. The product has an innovative ingress protection tank lid which prevents the dust particles as well as insects to get inside. It has a zero splash faucet to make sure there is a smooth flow of purified water.
5. With this water purifier, you will get ample storage capacity of 8 litres. It is sufficient for providing water to any sizeable Indian family.
6. It comes along with a few indicators such as filter replacement and UV failure. These features are beneficial and can provide you with pure water every time.
1. It has high maintenance when compared to others.
2. The product doesn’t have a TDS controller.
3. Kent Grand Plus 8-Litre Mineral RO + UV/UF with TDS Controller Water Purifier
1. It is ideal for low TDS level.
2. This has the latest mineral ROTM technology.
3. It has a wall mount yet elegant design.
4. After sale service is free for three years.
5. It provides 100% safe water.
6. The storage capacity is decent.
1. The Kent Grand Plus 8-Litre Mineral Water Purifier comes along with a TDS controller which can filter water with TDS levels up to 500-2000PPM. Thus, it is an ideal choice of water purifier for areas with high TDS level as well as low TDS level.
2. The product further has an advanced purification process of RO+UV+UF, which eliminates all the impurities, harsh chemicals, dissolved salts and other contaminants from the water.
3. With a decent storage capacity of 8 litres, the purifier can purify 20 litres of water in an hour, which is faster than many other products at this range. There is a transparent lid as well, which enables you to view the water filtration process.
4. The product comes along with filter replacement indicator, which indicates you when a filter change is required. It has an auto-flush feature to remove all the salt deposits that too from the surface of the RO membrane. As a result, it increases the durability of the RO membrane.
5. It is useful in purifying borewell water, the village as well as municipal water supply. Thus, I find this water purifier to be an excellent option.
1. Water waste takes place due to the RO filtration process.
4. Eureka Forbes Aquasure from Aquaguard Smart 20-Watt UV Water Purifier
1. It can deliver 2 litres of water in a minute.
2. It has a compact yet attractive design.
3. This comes with a year warranty period.
4. This is from the brand Eureka Forbes.
5. There is a built-in voltage stabilizer.
1. The Eureka Forbes Aquasure Smart UV Water Purifier comes with a built-in voltage stabilizer. It ensures the product stays safe even during a power cut or a voltage stabilization.
2. The product is compact and comes in an attractive design. It takes less space and can fit into any corner of your kitchen. The best part is that the product comes with high-quality Quartz glass through which the water passes instead of a metallic chamber.
3. It can provide 2 litres of drinkable water at every minute. I found it pretty decent at this price point. This falls under the affordable category, and thus, you can opt for this product at any time.
4. The product has a unique lamp sensing mechanism which detects the UV lamp failure. It ensures you are having 100% safe as well as pure water every single time. There is an error indicator as well to prevent the product from any mishap.
5. The product has a glass holding tray which ensures you no need to hold the glass in your hand. You can keep it in the stylish glass tray and have purified water within five minutes.
6. There is an energy saving mode which allows you to enhance the UV lamp life. It also saves electricity consumption and thus, it is a smart choice. The activated carbon filter ensures you are drinking 100% purified water every time. It helps to clear out all the bacterial growth.
1. There is no display.
2. It is not suitable for high TDS.
5. Kent Pride Plus 11067, 8 Ltr RO+ UF+ TDS+ UV Water Purifier
1. The storage capacity is high.
2. It comes with a double purification process.
3. The purification is as high as 15liters/hour.
4. It comes with a year warranty period.
5. The product has a compact design.
1. The product comes along with double purification technology. It includes RO as well as the UF purification methods to ensure we have 100% safe and pure water.
2. The product comes along with an enormous storage capacity of 8 litres. This ensures you can have safe and pure water even during a power cut. It is a great product to opt for in case you live in a family of 7-8 members.
3. This product can work well with all kind of water sources such as municipal taps, overhead storage tanks, water tanks as well as borewells. The product is tested as well as certified for performance and quality by some reputed organizations such as NSF(USA), WQA(USA and India), and ISI(India).
4. It comes with a fully automatic operation which starts as well as stops accordingly to the purification. There is no manual intervention, and thus, it works smoothly.
5. The product comes along with additional features such as built-in SMPS and Spin Welded RO Membrane. This helps in safety during voltage fluctuations.
1. There is no display or indicators.
2. It has no alert or indicator for filter membrane change.
6. Eureka Forbes Aquaguard Crystal Plus UV Water Purifier
1. It is a UV water purifier.
2. There is no wastage of water.
3. The maintenance cost is low.
4. It provides chemical-free water.
5. It comes with a year warranty period.
1. The Eureka Forbes Aquaguard Crystal Plus Water Purifier is a decent product within 10000rs. It comes from a reputed brand and thus, you can rely on it easily.
2. This product comes along with an electronic monitoring system. It makes sure to monitor the UM lamp failure or any other malfunctioning that happens.
3. The product has an auto power-off feature, which I feel is very helpful. It will power off the water purifier if you don’t use it for a continuous 10 minutes. This way, it increases the UV lamp life and saves power as well.
4. Furthermore, the product has a backflush which eliminates all dirty water from the purifier and then keeps the rest of filtered water. The water flow rate is very high and is around 2 litres per minute.
5. The product has a voltage stabilizer which ensures your product stays safe even during voltage fluctuation. It also makes sure you get water even during a power cut. And also, it improves the durability of the device.
6. There is a unique feature named Biotron. It helps to break the water molecules into their tiniest form, which is micro-clusters. Then, it becomes more bio-permeable. However, it provides a sufficient amount of water as well as nutrients to your body.
7. The product has an IPS feature which stops the flow of water in case it detects any contaminated water. And even, if the water is not 100% safe as well as pure, it will stop the water flow.
1. It has Low TDS level.
2. No storage tank is provided.
7. Kent Pearl 8-Litre Mineral RO+UV+UF Water Purifier
1. It has a UV fail alarm.
2. It is suitable for larger families.
3. There is a double purification technology.
4. It has a year warranty period.
5. The storage capacity is good.
1. The product comes from a reputed brand named Kent. It offers a decent storage capacity of 8, which is sufficient for medium families in India.
2. The product is made up of good quality ABS food plastic, which makes it durable as well as extends the product’s life. There is a free installation as well on the product from the manufacturer.
3. With 2000RPM of TDS level, it can efficiently work with an area having higher TDS. I found it very much helpful for the people living in an area with such a high TDS level. It keeps all the essential minerals as well as good bacterias in the water, removing the unwanted ones.
4. The product comes along with double purification, including RO+UV+UF technology. This ensures the removal of all the dissolved solids as well as the heavy metals. However, it is one of the most crucial and fully automatic operations of this water purifier.
5. There is a UV fail alarm along with an indicator for filter replacement. I feel these both features are amazingly helpful for keeping us alert whenever anything wrong happens.
1. It doesn’t work well for low TDS level.
8. Eureka Forbes Aquasure from Aquaguard Smart Plus 6-Litres RO+UV+MTDS Water Purifier
1. This comes with a fantastic design.
2. It is from the brand Eureka Forbes.
3. There is MTDS to restore the water taste.
4. It has six stages of purification.
1. The product from the house of Eureka Forbes comes along with double purification technology. It ensures you drink 100% safe and pure water. There is an RO membrane which helps in the removal of TDS, heavy metals such as lead, arsenic, as well as the hardness of the water.
2. It furthers comes with an RO cartridge which has a long life of 6000 litres of purification. The appearance of the TDS controller makes sure you drink safe and tasty water every time.
3. The storage capacity is too low, which is only 6 litres. However, I feel it would be sufficient for a smaller Indian family. You can fit it anywhere in the kitchen.
4. The product has a compact design and takes very less space. You can wall mount it as well as keep it on the countertop.
5. There are LED indicators present to alert you in several cases. It will inform you in case of any defect in the machine, lack of water supply or if any intervention occurs during the purification process.
1. It has a small storage capacity.
9. Blue Star Aristo RO+UV AR4BLAM01 7-Litre Water Purifier
1. It has a year warranty period.
2. It consumes less power.
3. The storage capacity is decent.
4. It has UV fail alert.
5. The product is white.
1. The Blue Star Aristo RO+UV AR4BLAM01 Water Purifier comes with a decent storage capacity of 7 litres. It is sufficient for a medium sized Indian family.
2. It comes along with RO membrane for ultra purification. This helps to eliminate all the impurities, heavy metals, micro-organisms as well as radioactive particles. Thus, it ensures you are consuming 100% safe water.
3. The product has a copper impregnated carbon, which helps in removing the bad odour as well as the volatile organic compounds from the water.
4. What I like more is that the product comes along with an Aqua taste booster. It enhances the taste of the water by maintaining the pH level.
5. There is a child lock feature as well to prevent extra wastage of water. The filter is 10inches large, which is sufficient for purification.
6. There is a low-pressure alert feature which enables to indicate any low-pressure occurrence. The RO membrane is of high quality and ensures a decent capacity of purification as well.
1. It makes a lot of noise.
2. The after sales service isn’t excellent.
10. Eureka Forbes Aquasure from Aquaguard Aquaflo DX 18-Watt UV Water Purifier
1. It is an ideal water purifier for a large Indian family.
2. The product is easy to clean as well as maintain.
3. It is quite affordable.
4. It comes with a year warranty period.
1. The Eureka Forbes Aquasure from Aquaguard Aquaflo DX water purifier comes with a dual cartridge system and thus can remove suspended particles, harsh chemicals, organic compounds as well as odour from the water. As a result, it makes the water 100% safe to consume.
2. With this fantastic product, you can get 2 litres of purified water in just 2 minutes. Isn’t it great? Yes! It has a smart flow feature, which ensures you have sufficient water every time.
3. The product comes along with a built-in voltage stabilizer. It ensures the purifier works effortlessly even during any voltage fluctuation. Thus, you can buy it without worrying about power consumption.
4. It has an error indicator which alerts you in case there occurs any failure during the purification process. This is beneficial in having a check on your water purifier. The UV lamp has 5000 burning hours of life, which is pretty decent.
5. The product is beneficial for people living in an area with low TDS level. It doesn’t have high TDS purification ability.
1. It is not suitable for high TDS level.
What is TDS?
TDS or Total Dissolved Solids is a measurement of the organic and inorganic compounds present in water. Because of the solids being available in particles per million, it becomes highly un-hygienic for everyone to drink hard water.
TDS is measured in ppm referring to as the number of inorganic particles present in a specific unit of water. This is the reason why we mention TDS as a harmful substance in water. It happens especially in rural areas where water supply is under-ground and contains inorganic compounds.
Source of Water
If you have water supply from Municipal sources, it is evident that you can have a medium danger of consuming TDS contaminants. The ratings are between 1-200 ppm. In such cases, we recommend you to go for Gravity or UV based water purifier.
Groundwater source is one of the most common types of water sources in rural areas. This means that the water mainly comes from Tubewell which has a high concentration of TDS. According to the researches, it is rich in contaminants which are around 200 to 2000 ppm. So to drink healthy water, it is important to buy an RO water purifier that has a good number of filters.
Most of the urban areas have multiple water sources- including both from Borewell and Municipal water. In such cases, the TDS contaminants vary around 500-1000 ppm which is relatively on the higher side. Consider using an RO with a UV water purifier for better response.
Types Of Water Purifier
Before you get to know about any good water purifier, you may first understand the different types of water purifier present in India.
Based on the type of technology used, water purifiers come in three different types:
1. UF/ Gravity Based Water Purifier
Simply the term UF stands out for Ultra Filtration, and it works basically with the help of gravity-based water purifiers.
The mechanism is simple and is also one of the most common types of water purifiers in India. UF water purifier uses a pressure filtration system that can purify the water.
In other words, it is the only type of water purifier that can easily remove cysts from water. Here, the water flows through the tube and passes on to the filters present inside the purifier. The filter has multiple pores through which the water passes. But the best part is that it can run even in the absence of electricity.
2. UV Water Purifier
UV or the Ultraviolet water purifier is one of the most advanced technology based water purifiers in the market today. It comes with a fast disinfection process that can sterilize the germs inside the water.
This is done with the help of a small UV lamp present inside the water purifier. While the water passes through this membrane, it gets free from any germs.
When the UV lamp falls on the cell membrane, it helps to destroy the DNA. This results in stopping the micro-organisms from reproducing.
However, the only drawback is that it cannot remove the TDS altogether. This is the reason why most of the water purifiers with UV also have UF purification.
3. RO Water Purifier
RO or reverse osmosis is one of the most convenient ways to purify the water. It is one of the most traditional methods where the water passes through a semi-permeable membrane.
This membrane has multiple pores of size around 0.0001 microns. While the water passes through the membranes, it separates the TDS and other contaminants.
RO is a universal concept of cleaning water and is specially used in areas with hard water, metals, harmful chemicals, and others present. But the only fact is that the RO water purifier requires a specific amount of pressure that requires additional power.
Water Purifier Buying Guide
The water purifier is always a handy device for every home. Be it in any situation or any place; drinking healthy water is always helpful for everyone.
Selecting the best water purifier in India is still a tough ask for anyone and especially when there are so many models to consider.
However, if you still want to opt for the best model, you need to do in-depth research on the primary factors that make any water purifier suitable for your use and others not worthy of purchasing.
We have put up a complete buying guide on choosing the best water purifier for home, which you can go through to select the best model.
1. Water Quality
One of the most critical steps that you need to consider is the water quality in your locality. Every purifier has its type of features and its kind of filters. But knowing what set of filter will be the right one for you will always be helpful.
There are specific types of filters which are for hard water, contaminated water and also TDS in water. Especially in the rural areas, the water has more TDS levels, and so it is more efficient to try out a water purifier with good filters. Always know the water quality first before you opt to buy any water purifier.
2. Storage Capacity
Storage capacity is always a significant factor for your home while choosing any water purifier. If you have a big family, you can opt to buy a water purifier with a large storage tank. For any family, we suggest you buy a water purifier with 6-10 litres of the water storage tank.
If you are looking for a water purifier for your commercial use, it is also essential for you to consider buying a purifier with proper storage. You can also opt to buy a free-flowing water purifier, but most of these models come with the low purification process. So try to buy a water purifier that has both-a proper storage and a great purification process.
Opting for the best brand is always a great choice to consider while you are willing to buy the best water purifier in India. There are a handful of products which are available in the market today.
Most of them have an excellent reputation for a brand, and some of them are new to the market.
However, it is crucial to choose a brand that has the reputation of selling water purifiers from ages. This helps you to believe in the manufacturer about the services and the product quality.
Each of the products comes with their brand symbols and their certifications, which you can check before you finalize your product.
One of the most critical factors for choosing the best water purifier is the right set of filters for your home. Know the contaminants present in the water of your locality and what purifications you need.
You can check for the types of purifiers mentioned above and also the filters present with them.
Most of the water purifiers today come with multi-stage purification which includes both RO and RF. It is excellent for places which have high TDS and contaminants in the water.
Apart from this, having UV filter to your water purifier makes it even more worth of purchasing. So try to get a product that has two filters to make your water 100% safe to consume.
Contamination is one of the most important things to consider if you buy any water purifier. Places like mountains have a high mineral source of water. The contaminations are much lower there.
However, it is not the same in cities and rural areas. Here the contamination levels are much higher.
So if you have high contamination levels, search for a water purifier which has the highest capacity to eliminate TDS from water. It helps a lot for you to drink safe water and get better health results. Also if you have tube-well water and groundwater, try to opt for purifiers with great filters.
6. After Sales Service
It is essential that you choose products from a brand which will be interested in solving your problems if anything goes wrong.
Try to opt for the manufacturers which give a warranty for their products. This makes the maintenance more budget friendly.
Apart from this, look for brands which have customer care numbers. So if you need to complain about any technical disturbance in the product, a technician can visit your home and solve the problems.
One of the most important factors to consider is the budget while you are willing to pick an excellent water purifier. A lot of people wish to buy their first purifier in a low budget.
But some make a costly mistake by compromising on the features. They end up taking contaminated water and falling ill.
It is a good idea to start with a budget-friendly model, but never on the price of filters and features. So try to pick a good model at a low budget that has all the necessary features and comes with great options.
Should I Buy Water Purifier Online?
If you have the same question, then don’t worry because it is completely safe to buy water purifier online.
There are many benefits of buying the water purifier online – discounts, reviews, no need to bargain with salesmen who try to dupe you and so on.
To make sure that you get a genuine refrigerator, buy only from Amazon Fulfilled seller or Flipkart Assured seller.
I have bought two water purifiers online from Amazon and Flipkart. Kent GOLD (11014) 20 L Gravity Based + UF Water Purifier was for me while Kent Gold Star 22-litres Gravity-Based Water Purifier was for a neighbour.
I am still using the Kent GOLD (11014) 20 L Gravity Based + UF Water Purifier. It still ranks number 2 in the list of top 10 best non-electric water purifiers in India.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. Which water purifier is best for borewell water?
Borewell water generally has a high amount of TDS level. Apart from this, it also contains essential minerals like calcium, magnesium and much more. So it is vital to choose a type of purifier that not only removes the TDS but retains the minerals.
Thus, opting for RO water purifier with UV feature is the ideal product for you to choose.
2. Why RO water purifiers waste water?
The mechanism of Reverse Osmosis is to use membrane technology to dissolve impurities. The RO membranes have hundreds of small pores through which the water flows. Thus, there is some water loss. This is typically the rejected water that is contaminated.
3. Do you think RO water purifier is good for health?
Yes, it is. However, we advise you to buy a combination of RO+UV or RO +UF filter for better health results.
4. What is the ideal TDS level of RO Water?
Purified water with TDS levels below 50 mg/L is not at all healthy. So the water purifier must have a higher rate of TDS level. The best water purifiers maintain a range of 80-150 mg/L.
I am so happy that you went through the buying guide as well as the product descriptions. Now that you know everything about water purifiers, I hope it will be easy for you to choose the best water purifier in India.
Furthermore, if you still have any queries, then you can comment down your questions below. I will be more than happy to help you out!
Overall 10 Best Water Purifiers in India