If you are looking for the best induction cooktop in India, then you are at the right place.
In recent times, inductions cooktops have become very popular in India. An induction cooktop is sometimes called an induction cooker, induction stove, induction chulha or even induction oven.
The reason for the popularity of induction cookers is that they are built using new and advanced technology to save both time and energy while creating awesome food. The technology in these cooktops not only reduces the amount of time you spend cooking, but it also provides advanced safety measures that prevent burns and other injuries.
Since most of these cooktops are portable and easy to move from place to place, they are very beneficial for those that enjoy camping. These are also beneficial for students who live in a hostel.
Table of Contents
- How Do Induction Cooktops Work?
- Pros and Cons of Induction Cooktops
- Induction Cooktop Buying Guide
- These are the top 10 best induction cooktops in India 2019:
- 1. Philips Viva Collection HD4938/01 Induction Cooktop
- 2. Usha Cook Joy 3616 Induction Cooktop
- 3. Bajaj Majesty ICX 7 Induction Cooktop
- 4. Philips Viva Collection HD4928/01 Induction Cooktop
- 5. Prestige PIC 20.0 Induction Cooktop
- 6. Prestige PIC 3.1 V3 Induction Cooktop
- 7. Prestige PIC 16.0+ Induction Cooktop
- 8. Pigeon by Stovekraft Favourite IC Induction Cooktop
- 9. Pigeon by Stovekraft Cruise Induction Cooktop
- 10. Inalsa Magnum Induction Cooktop
How Do Induction Cooktops Work?
Induction cooktops produce a magnetic field around their glass surface, essentially turning the cookware into the heating element.
While the stove stays cool-to-the-touch, the magnetism between the stove and cookware means the food is cooked super-quickly via the heat of the cookware, not from the cooktop itself.
Pros and Cons of Induction Cooktops
This section tells what are the advantages and disadvantages of induction cooktops in comparison to conventional gas stoves normally used in Indian households.
1. Induction cooktops cook faster than gas cooktops.
2. Their controls offer faster response and a more precise temperature setting.
3. They’re safer; the surface stays cool to the touch and the burners turn off automatically when the cookware is removed.
4. They’re easier to clean; spills don’t get cooked onto their sleek ceramic surfaces.
5. They’re more energy efficient.
1. You can only use stainless steel or cast iron cookware with your induction cooktop. To check whether your cookware works on the cooktop, you can perform a magnet test. If a magnet sticks to the bottom of your cooking vessel, it’s most likely to work well with your induction cooktop.
Induction Cooktop Buying Guide
1. Size and Number of Burners
When buying a cooktop, your first consideration should be size. Select an induction cooktop as per your size requirement. If you want to place big vessels, then go for bigger sized models. For a small family, the single element induction cooktop is sufficient.
In India, multi element induction cooktops are not much popular, hence it’s difficult to find the same in the market. So in this article, you will only see the single element induction cooktops.
The higher the wattage of an induction cooktop, the quicker it will cook your food. The wattage is an indication of the power of the induction cooktop.
3. Auto Switch-Off
This feature automatically turns the induction cooktop element off or down in the event of overheating, or if you remove a pan, or if a hotplate has been left on for an extended period of time. Most models have some form of this feature.
4. Pan Detection
The induction cooktop will not work if there is no pan on the heating zone or the pan is not suitable. Also, if the pan is removed from the cooking zone the operation is stopped and a symbol is displayed.
The symbol disappears when the pan is put back to the heating zone and cooking continues with the power level set before. If unsuitable cookware is used, a symbol indicates this and after a short period of time the cooking zone switches itself off.
5. Touch Controls
Most models of induction cooktop feature touch controls instead of control knobs. These cooktops allow you to change the temperature simply by touching the glass surface with your finger.
They also make cleaning easy. Make sure you buy an induction cooktop with a feather touch control panel.
Another feature to look out for is an automatic timer. The timer function allows you to program the cooktop to switch off (or lower the temperature) at a specified time – freeing you up to focus on other elements of the dish you’re creating.
7. Child Lock
Selected models feature a child lock to prevent your kids from playing with the controls.
These are the top 10 best induction cooktops in India 2019:
1. It has a power of 2100 Watts.
2. It has feather touch keys for ease of use.
3. It has 10 preset menus for different Indian recipes.
4. It comes with a cord length of 1.2 m.
5. Not only can you set a time for 0 to 3 hours for cooking but for delayed cooking, there is also a 24 hour pre-set timer.
6. It comes with an Auto-off feature.
7. It comes with a warranty of 1 year from Philips.
1. It has a power of 1600 Watts.
2. It has a safety device (metal oxide varistor) for protection against voltage fluctuation up to 1500 Volts.
3. It has anti skid feet.
4. It comes with 10 Amp plug with earthing for safety.
5. It comes with a flexible power cord of 1.2-meter length.
6. It has push button controls.
7. It has 5 preset menu options.
8. It comes with a warranty of 1 year from Usha.
1. It makes some noise while cooking.
1. It has a power of 1900 Watts.
2. It comes with eight preset one touch menus.
3. The keep warm mode lets you keep the food you cooked warm until the guests arrive. This feature keeps the food fresh and tasty all through.
4. The delay timer facility gives the option of delaying your cooking enabling the cooktop to start when you want it to.
5. This induction cooktop shuts off when it is not in use to save power.
6. Power switch indicates power consumed during cooking.
7. It comes with a warranty of 1 year from Bajaj.
Philips Viva Collection HD4928/01 Induction Cooktop is the fourth best induction cooktop in India.Pros:1. It has a power of 2100 Watts.2. It has touch start for ease of use.3. It is programmed for Indian cooking.4. It comes with a cord length of 1.2 m.5. You can set a time for 0 to 3 hours for cooking using timer.6. It comes with an Auto-off feature.7. It comes with a warranty of 1 year from Philips.Cons:
Prestige PIC 20.0 Induction Cooktop is the fifth best induction cooktop in India.Pros:1. It has a power of 1200 Watts.2. It has soft touch buttons.3. It comes with eight preset menus for Indian cooking.4. It has Automatic voltage regulator.5. It comes with unique power saver technology.6. It comes with a warranty of 1 year from Prestige.Cons:
1. It has a power of 2000 Watts.
2. It comes ready with Indian menu options that helps prepare authentic Indian food like Chapati, Idli, curries, Dosa etc at the touch of a button.
3. It has a Keep Warm Function which allows you to keep food warm for a longer time, with minimal power consumption.
4. Automatic Whistle Counter is a function wherein you can set the number of whistles while using a pressure cooker. The whistle sensor automatically counts the set number of whistles and then goes to “Automatic Keep Warm” Mode .
5. Its two heat sensors ensure that the appliance heats up within the permissible safety band. They also prevent overheating by sensing the cookware’s temperature.
6. It has a full procedure computer control which automatically adjusts the power and heat level for different foods. The appliance also automatically shuts off when not in use to conserve power.
7. It comes with a warranty of 1 year from Prestige.
Prestige PIC 16.0+ Induction Cooktop is the seventh best induction cooktop in India.Pros:1. It has a power of 1600 Watts.2. It has soft touch buttons.3. It comes with Indian menus option.4. It has a preset timer feature.5. It comes with unique power saver technology.6. It comes with a warranty of 1 year from Prestige.Cons:
1. The power cord is a bit short.
Pigeon by Stovekraft Favourite IC Induction Cooktop is the eighth best induction cooktop in India.Pros:1. It has a power of 1800 Watts.2. It comes with push buttons.3. It comes with seven preset menus for Indian cooking.4. It comes with a cord length of 1.2 m.5. It comes with an Auto-off feature.6. It comes with a warranty of 1 year from Pigeon.Cons:
1. It has a power of 1800 Watts.
2. It features seven pre-set menus soft touch push buttons.
3. Its unique automatic shut-off feature allows you to cook your food unattended by setting a time for cooking your food.
4. It comes with dual heat sensor technology.
5. It comes with high-grade electrical that protects against short circuits.
1. It has a power of 2000 Watts.
2. It has 4 digit digital display.
3. It has 6 cooking modes selector.
4. It has overheat protection.
5. It has automatic pan detection.
6. It has variable temperature, power and time selection.
7. It comes with a warranty of 1 year from Inalsa.
Buy Now from : Amazon