If you are looking for the best induction cooktop in India, then you are at the right place.
In recent times, inductions cooktops have become very popular in India. An induction cooktop is sometimes called an induction cooker, induction stove, induction chulha or even induction oven.
The reason for the popularity of induction cookers is that they are built using new and advanced technology to save both time and energy while creating awesome food.
The technology in these cooktops not only reduces the amount of time you spend cooking, but it also provides advanced safety measures that prevent burns and other injuries.
Since most of these cooktops are portable and easy to move from place to place, they are very beneficial for those that enjoy camping. These are also beneficial for students who live in a hostel.
Table of Contents
- These are the Top 10 Best Induction Cooktops in India 2021:
- 1. Usha Cook Joy (3616) 1600-Watt Induction Cooktop
- 2. Philips Viva Collection HD4938/01 2100-Watt Induction Cooktop
- 3. Philips Viva Collection HD4928/01 2100-Watt Induction Cooktop
- 4. iBELL Induction Cooktop 2000 W
- 5. Prestige PIC 16.0+ 1900- Watt Induction Cooktop
- 6. Prestige Induction Cooktop PIC 6.1 V3
- 7. Prestige Iris 1.0 1200 Watt Induction Cooktop
- 8. Lifelong Inferno LLIC30 2000 Watt Induction Cooktop
- 9. Pigeon by Stovekraft Cruise 1800-Watt Induction Cooktop
- 10. Lifelong Inferno VX LLIC10 2000-Watt Induction Cooktop
- How Do Induction Cooktops Work?
- Pros and Cons of Induction Cooktops
- Induction Cooktop Buying Guide
These are the Top 10 Best Induction Cooktops in India 2021:
The Usha Cook Joy (3616) 1600-Watt Induction Cooktop is a great induction cooktop for anyone looking forward to buying one. It comes with overheating protection that switches off automatically if it gets too hot. The Pan Sensor Technology detects incompatible vessels and turns off the power supply automatically.
1. It comes with 5 preset menu functions.
2. This has an auto power off and pause function.
3. It comes with a flexible power cord of 1.2 meters.
4. The device consumes 1600 watts power.
5. It can resist up to 1500 volts voltage fluctuation.
1. The Usha Cook Joy (3616) 1600-Watt Induction Cooktop comes from a very reliable brand called Usha. It is a great product that is easy to use and hassle-free. This device looks sleek and elegant which fits into any kind of kitchen interior.
2. This induction helps to heat the area that is in direct contact with cookware. So, you can easily expect an even and precise heat distribution which is pretty good. In fact, with this cooktop, there will be no wastage of heat and you will have maximum energy utilization. This happens because the heat and energy are supplied directly to the cooking vessel.
3. The induction cooktop offers safety from open flames. It presents no fire hazards or gas leakages. What I like is that the glass top remains cool and as a result, ensures no burnt fingers.
4. Coming to the device, it allows you to cook versatile Indian dishes at the touch of a button with preset menu functions. Yes! You get 5 preset menu function that will let you select the right cooking temperature as well as the duration. Hence, there will be no wastage of food.
5. It comes with an inbuilt timer that can be programmable up to 180 minutes. This further has an auto shut-off and pause function. As a result, it will prevent the waste of unwanted power consumption. Even you can do multitask while you cook.
1. There is no indicator in the body.
1. It comes with 10 preset menu functions.
2. This consumes 2100 watts of power.
3. It has 24 hours preset timer function.
4. The device operates on 220-240 Volts.
5. It comes with a year warranty period.
1. The Philips Viva Collection HD4938/01 2100-Watt Induction Cooktop comes with a brand name which makes it reliable and worth buying. Moreover, this device doesn’t require any installation. There is an instruction manual that comes with this product which you can follow and work with it easily.
2. This induction cooktop comes with 24 hours preset timer function for delayed cooking. So, you can cook anything you want at your own desired time. It further comes along with 10 preset menus that will help you to cook different Indian recipes without much hassle.
3. With this device, you will have a high-quality full glass panel that gives a premium finish. I feel this product will go with any kind of kitchen interior and will make it better. It has a cool-to-touch surface that cooks food safely. So you are safe from burning your hands.
4. The product comes with an auto-off program that cooks food safely. It comes with a cord length of 1.2 meters which is pretty decent at this price point. This has a frequency of 50 Hz and has sensor touch keys that make your work easier.
1. Heat distribution could be more even.
The Philips Viva Collection HD4928/01 2100-Watt Induction Cooktop is a great product from the very reputed Indian brand, Philips. This brand has its name in the market for manufacturing supreme quality kitchen and home appliances.
1. It operates on 220-240 volts of voltage.
2. This device consumes 2100 watts power.
3. It has 0 to 3 hours time setting.
4. It has a cord length of 1.2 meters.
5. The device has 6 preset buttons.
1. The Philips Viva Collection HD4928/01 2100-Watt Induction Cooktop an electromagnetic technology. What I like about this is that it ensures higher heating efficiency and cooks food faster than any other regular gas stove. Moreover, this product helps to seal the nutrition into the food and prevents vitamin loss.
2. What I love about this device is that it has an Eco Passport that is great for the environment and society. The design of this induction cooktop is strong and sturdy and supports the eco-design.
3. This device has a touch start switch that makes it easy for you to use. Moreover, you will have the 6 preset cooking menus that will help you to prevent the wastage of time and work faster than usual. It works on 2100 watts of power that helps in enhancing the overall cooking process.
4. This device looks quite classy with the black glass base. It suits all kind of kitchen interiors. The cooktop is quite sturdy and holds great durability as well.
1. The product quality could be improved.
The iBELL Induction Cooktop 2000 W can be a great choice for induction cooktop in case you are buying one for the first time. It comes with several cooking modes that help you to cook any food of your choice. This one is beginner-friendly and is quite affordable as well.
1. It consumes 2000 watts of power.
2. This has 2 years of the warranty period.
3. It comes with 7 preset modes.
4. The device comes with 4 digital LED display.
1. The iBELL Induction Cooktop 2000 W comes from a very popular brand in India, known for manufacturing great quality kitchen appliances. This device is one of those that offer reliability, efficiency, and good performance. It looks decent and fits into any kitchen interior.
2. This induction cooktop looks sleek and stylish. It is highly portable and makes it easy to store and carry anywhere. What I like about this product are the 7 preset cooking options. It offers easy to cook and prevents wastage of time and minimizes effort.
3. With the help of this induction cooktop, you can adjust the temperature levels as well as the timings as per your needs. There is an auto power-off feature that will help you to prevent any extra power consumption. There is an overheat protection feature that prevents unwanted finger burning.
4. Coming to the body, it is made up of great quality crystal glass that along with that it has high-quality coils. It ensures your safety and the black, classy looks will surely fit into any kind of interior design of the kitchen.
1. It sometimes makes noise.
The Prestige PIC 16.0+ 1900- Watt Induction Cooktop is yet again a great induction cooktop to check out. Prestige is known for manufacturing amazing home and kitchen appliances. This device is one such fine example. It works pretty well for beginners as well as people who don’t have any technical know-how.
1. It consumes 1900 watts of power.
2. This works on 230 volts of voltage power.
3. It has 12cm-26cm induction base diameter.
4. The device weighs only 1.7 kgs.
1. The Prestige PIC 16.0+ 1900- Watt Induction Cooktop is great induction cooktop from the Indian brand Prestige. This brand is known for manufacturing great quality kitchen appliances. It is one such example of great appliances that offers reliability and sturdiness.
2. The product comes along with pause function as well as a timer that adds extra convenience. You can easily turn off the cooking hob and then quickly resume it at the same cooking temperature as per your needs.
3. What I like more about this amazing product is the automatic voltage regulator. It will take care of the low and high voltage variance and ensure higher durability of your device.
4. With this device, you can cook any Indian menu such as idli, dosa, chapati, curry, etc, just at the touch of a button. It further comes along with a warm function that will help you to serve the food in hot condition without any failure.
5. This induction cooktop comes with an aerodynamic cooling system that keeps the engine operating at its optimum working temperature and ensures the best performance. The fan works even after the set program is turn off and cools down the product quickly.
6. It comes with power saver technology that saves power when you aren’t using it and saves the consumption to a certain extent. You can adjust the power level based on the size of the vessel.
1. The built quality could be improved.
The Prestige Induction Cooktop PIC 6.1 V3 is an amazing product to choose from the brand. Apart from a reputable brand, you can get some amazing features with this product. It allows you to set up and cook instantly.
1. It runs with 2000 watts power supply.
2. This product comes with feather touch buttons.
3. You can get an automatic voltage regulator.
4. It comes with a 1-year warranty.
5. This device has a dual heat sensor.
1. This device from Prestige comes with a handful of Indian menu options. There are preset buttons at the front panel which you can easily set up to cook your favourite dishes. Simply go to the menu options and choose the type of food you would want to make for your home.
2. The presence of automatic keep warm features is an additional help. Even if you do not want to consume the cooked dish right after you have finished cooking, this feature helps the food to stay warm. It also has a child lock feature to keep the cooktop safe and secure to use.
3. Another impressive feature is the automatic voltage regulator. You may not need to cook at high temperatures all the time. Using this regulator will allow you to alter the temperature and power settings. It keeps the product durable to use for a longer time.
4. The option of an anti-magnetic wall on the induction cooktop allows the product to block any magnetic energy to intervene. It helps in reducing magnetic radiation so that no heat is lost while the cooktop is working. All the heat is transmitted to the surface on the top of this heater.
1. Power consumption is a bit more.
The Prestige Iris 1.0 1200 Watt Induction Cooktop is another amazing product to choose in the list. It comes with a digital LED display at the front that displays time and temperature and also the program that you are using.
1. Includes an anti-magnetic wall.
2. It is easy to maintain.
3. Runs with 1200 Watt power.
4. You can get an automatic voltage regulator.
5. This product has a timer with a preset.
1. Prestige Iris 1.0 1200 Watt Induction Cooktop comes with intelligent heating sensors. It has a full panel of control which allows you to use both heat igniters according to the type of cooking menu. You can easily cook different sets of menus with help from this feature. There are almost 10 buttons in the front panel.
2. The surface of this induction cooktop comes with a non-stick coating. It becomes easy to clean and to maintain the device. You will simply have to wipe off the food or grease if any from the surface to get it cleaned. To prevent corrosion, this product has a special coating on top.
3. It is designed to be energy saving in nature. There is a power saver technology feature included with this product. It allows you to cook food with low ignition and keep it safe for consumption. This feature reduces the energy uses and saves a lot of money while paying for your utility bill.
4. Another impressive feature is the automatic voltage regulator. It takes care of both high and low variation of voltage. The load is reduced by a fair margin to provide you comfort and maintain the durability of this cooking device.
1. The body is not highly durable.
The Lifelong Inferno LLIC30 2000 Watt Induction Cooktop is yet another great product from the brand Lifelong. It comes with a size of 33x28x6cm which is pretty decent. This offers 1 year of the warranty period that allows you to work freely with the device.
1. It comes with 7 preset menu options.
2. This device consumes 2000 watts of power.
3. It comes with 1 year of the warranty period.
1. If you are looking forward to buying an affordable induction cooktop, then the Lifelong Inferno LLIC30 2000 Watt Induction Cooktop is the ideal choice. This device comes along with a clear LED display that provides an easy to use interface. You can easily operate the controls as it is beginner-friendly.
2. What I like about this device is the tactile switches those are durable and reliable. This product comes with 1400 watts of power that doesn’t compromise on the performance. It quickly heats the food and saves energy as well.
3. Coming to the performance, this product comes with 7 preset menu options. You can cook any item as per your needs. This has a digital display timer as well as variable temperature selection option. This will allow you to customize the cooking temperature and time.
4. The induction cooktop is small and compact. It is easily portable and fits properly into any corner of the kitchen. This device comes along with Pan Sensor Technology that will save electricity and power. As a result, it makes the device energy efficient. I like the anti-skid feet that prevent any spillage.
1. The build material could be improved.
The Pigeon by Stovekraft Cruise 1800-Watt Induction Cooktop is a great product to choose for homes with easy cooking. The body is made with heavy-duty materials which make it easier to stand high temperatures. It protects against any type of short circuits.
1. It comes with a 1-year warranty.
2. This product has a front LED display.
3. Cooktop is made with high-grade electricity.
4. It has multiple soft buttons at the front.
5. You can get manual temperature control.
1. Pigeon by Stovekraft Cruise 1800-Watt Induction Cooktop is extremely long-lasting. Every internal part of the induction cooktop. It comes with decent top plates that are ready to stand high temperatures as well. Even if you cook for long, it won’t be a problem for the device.
2. Coming to the quality and durability, this device from Pigeon comes with decent manufacture that includes a standout performance. The overall body structure is hard and it is quite decent to use as well. You can be sure to enjoy a long service from this product.
3. This device from Pigeon includes several preset buttons and menu options. You can choose from a wide range of cooking options that helps you to run the cooktop on a designated temperature. Apart from this, you can also get the automatic shut-off feature.
4. One amazing feature of using this product is the LED display on the front panel. This is divided into seven segments that display almost everything on the product. Each button is extremely soft to push. The dual heat sensor technology is an added benefit to save energy.
1. Not many cooking modes available.
1. It comes with 7 preset menu options.
2. This device consumes 2000 watts of power.
3. It comes with 1 year of the warranty period.
1. The Lifelong Inferno VX LLIC10 2000-Watt Induction Cooktop is an intelligent product that saves a lot of your money. I think it can be a perfect fit for your kitchen as it is user-friendly, compact, and performance efficient. It comes from a trusted brand and helps in reliability and easy usage.
2. The product has an LED display that allows easy operations. I found that it was quite easy to operate the controls. The switches are durable enough to work smoothly. It comes with anti-skid feet that will prevent all sort of spillage.
3. What I like about this device is the Pan Sensor technology that saves electricity as well as power. It makes the device energy efficient. Moreover, this product is small and compact and fits into any kitchen corner easily. It has an auto-off switch that helps in preventing excessive use of power and unwanted burning.
4. It comes with 7 preset menu options that allow you to cook any food item of your choice. The variable temperature selection and the digital display timer option allows you to customize the temperature and the time of cooking as per the needs.
1. The build quality could be improved.
How Do Induction Cooktops Work?
Induction cooktops produce a magnetic field around their glass surface, essentially turning the cookware into the heating element.
While the stove stays cool-to-the-touch, the magnetism between the stove and cookware means the food is cooked super-quickly via the heat of the cookware, not from the cooktop itself.
Pros and Cons of Induction Cooktops
This section tells what are the advantages and disadvantages of induction cooktops in comparison to conventional gas stoves normally used in Indian households.
1. Induction cooktops cook faster than gas cooktops.
2. Their controls offer a faster response and a more precise temperature setting.
3. They’re safer; the surface stays cool to the touch and the burners turn off automatically when the cookware is removed.
4. They’re easier to clean; spills don’t get cooked onto their sleek ceramic surfaces.
5. They’re more energy efficient.
1. You can only use stainless steel or cast iron cookware with your induction cooktop. To check whether your cookware works on the cooktop, you can perform a magnet test. If a magnet sticks to the bottom of your cooking vessel, it’s most likely to work well with your induction cooktop.
Induction Cooktop Buying Guide
1. Size and Number of Burners
When buying a cooktop, your first consideration should be the size. Select an induction cooktop as per your size requirement. If you want to place big vessels, then go for bigger sized models. For a small family, the single element induction cooktop is sufficient.
In India, multi-element induction cooktops are not much popular, hence it’s difficult to find the same in the market. So in this article, you will only see the single element induction cooktops.
The higher the wattage of an induction cooktop, the quicker it will cook your food. The wattage is an indication of the power of the induction cooktop.
3. Auto Switch-Off
This feature automatically turns the induction cooktop element off or down in the event of overheating, or if you remove a pan, or if a hotplate has been left on for an extended period of time. Most models have some form of this feature.
4. Pan Detection
The induction cooktop will not work if there is no pan on the heating zone or the pan is not suitable. Also, if the pan is removed from the cooking zone the operation is stopped and a symbol is displayed.
The symbol disappears when the pan is put back to the heating zone and cooking continues with the power level set before. If unsuitable cookware is used, a symbol indicates this and after a short period of time the cooking zone switches itself off.
5. Touch Controls
Most models of induction cooktop feature touch controls instead of control knobs. These cooktops allow you to change the temperature simply by touching the glass surface with your finger.
They also make cleaning easy. Make sure you buy an induction cooktop with a feather touch control panel.
Another feature to look out for is an automatic timer. The timer function allows you to program the cooktop to switch off (or lower the temperature) at a specified time – freeing you up to focus on other elements of the dish you’re creating.
7. Child Lock
Selected models feature a child lock to prevent your kids from playing with the controls.