While devices like smartphones and tablets are getting powerful day-by-day, the battery power for these devices is not growing in the same proportion. This is resulting in power-hungry devices which do not last even a full day.
In today’s internet-connected world, it is necessary to always remain connected to the world through the internet on mobiles and tablets. You are not always guaranteed to find charger slots for your mobile phone when you are travelling outdoors. That is where the role of power banks come insight.
I never felt the need to buy power banks until recently. I went to an event and when I reached there, I found my phone’s battery on the verge of dying. What I had done was leaving my GPS on to find the event location.
Since I am a blogger, I always need to connect to Email, Twitter as well as other useful blogging websites. What makes the situation worse is that Mobile Internet(3G/4G) eats far more battery than WiFi.
In this buying guide, I am going to tell you what is a power bank, how to choose the best power bank and which are the top 10 power banks in India.
Table of Contents
- Top 10 Best Power Banks in India 2023:
- 1. Mi 2i 20000mAH Li-Polymer Power Bank
- 2. Ambrane PP-11 10000mAH Lithium Polymer Power Bank
- 3. Intex IT-PBA 20K Poly 20000 mAH Lithium Polymer Power Bank
- 4. Lenovo PA13000 13000mAH Battery Lithium Ion Power Bank
- 5. Coolnut High Capacity Power Bank 20000mAH
- 6. Lapguard LG803 20800 mAH Lithium-ion Power Bank
- 7. Duracell PB10050 5002732 10050mAH Lithium-Ion Power Bank
- 8. Zinq Technologies Z10KI 10000mAH Lithium-Ion Power Bank
- 9. Pebble 10000mAH Pico-Palm Sized Power Bank
- 10. Syska Power Port100 10000mAH Lithium-Ion Power Bank
- What is Power Bank?
- Power Bank Buying Guide
Top 10 Best Power Banks in India 2023:
1. Mi 2i 20000mAH Li-Polymer Power Bank
the best power bank in India.Mi 2i 20000 mAH Li-Polymer Power Bank is
1. This power bank can be used to charge two devices at a time. In this way, you can get both a mobile and a tablet charged at the same time.
2. You can enjoy a high capacity of 20,000 mAh.
3. Fast Charge Support makes charging on the go easier and more convenient. So, if you are a busy person with a lot of calls to attend, this model may be the best option for you.
4. This power bank can be used to charge a wide range of devices. So, if you have multiple devices, this can come in very handy.
5. The design of this power bank can give you a superior hand feel and is environment-friendly too. You can even tuck it into any compartment of your bag without any problem.
6. Scratch resistant and slip resistant, the power bank is durable and easy to maintain.
7. The power bank comes with an elegant design that makes it stylish. So, if you are looking for a device that makes a statement, this is a model that you may want to consider.
8. It includes low power charging for devices like Bluetooth headsets and fitness bands.
1. This power bank may not be the right choice if you travel a lot as the size can make it a little too heavy while compared to a lot of other power banks that are available today.
2. The power bank does not come in many colours and so may not be a good option for you if you are someone who likes to choose from many colours.
3. The built-in quality of the power bank may not be excellent as this device is built with an ABS plastic body.
4. This device also takes a long time to charge. You will need about 11 hours, which is more than a night.
2. Ambrane PP-11 10000mAH Lithium Polymer Power Bank
1. This power bank comes with a sufficiently good charging capacity of 10,000 mAH. So, you can use it conveniently if you just need a power bank to charge your phone in the office.
2. The power bank has a polymer battery, which is much more durable and efficient. This makes it much stronger than power banks with other batteries.
3. You can charge two devices at the same time with this power bank, thanks to the dual USB outputs. This includes a type c port, which makes it a good option if you have a type c device.
4. The ultra-slim, compact, and lightweight design make the power bank stylish and very comfortable to use.
5. It can be used with mobiles, tablets, and all USB enabled devices. This makes it versatile and thus a convenient choice for those who have multiple gadgets that they use.
6. Coated with specialized rubber, the power bank has a premium finish that makes it resistant to scratches and thus very durable.
7. The power bank has nine layers of protection with an intelligent integrated circuit. This way, you can use it without any worry about safety and other issues.
8. The LED indicator lets you know about the power remaining in the power bank. It also lets you know the battery level of the power bank.
1. This power bank may need a little more effort on your part concerning maintenance. There are instances where customers have complained about the device going dead when not maintained with care.
2. 10,000 mAH may not be enough when you have to travel for many days. So, this may not be a good option if you are a businessman who travels a lot.
3. Intex IT-PBA 20K Poly 20000 mAH Lithium Polymer Power Bank
1. This power bank comes with a high capacity of 20000 mAH to charge all your devices. So, if you look for something that you can carry while travelling, this is for you.
2. The Li-polymer battery makes the power bank durable with better charging retention and high performance. It also makes the device slim and light.
3. With this device, you have two USB outputs so that you can charge two devices at a time. This makes it even more convenient in today’s world of gadgets.
4. The fast charging feature makes your life more comfortable in a lot of ways. So, if you are a busy person who has to attend a lot of calls, you have no reason to worry.
5. The power bank has high-quality internal circuits, providing all the protection it needs to make it a safe device.
6. The classy designs and lively colours give the power bank an elegant and fashionable look and feel. So, if you want a device that stands out and makes you look stylish, this is the one for you.
1. The power in this device can drain a little too quickly when you are using it to get your devices charged. This can be a little inconvenient.
2. The device can also get heated up very soon. So, if you tend to use a power bank a lot, you may want to avoid this one.
3. The power bank is not as light as a lot of others included in the list. This can make portability a big issue.
4. Lenovo PA13000 13000mAH Battery Lithium Ion Power Bank
1. This power bank comes with an available capacity of 13000 mAH. This makes it sufficient enough to carry you through an entire day at work.
2. It is also lightweight and feels good in your hand. This makes it very easy to slip it into a pocket or compartment of your bag.
3. With surge protection as well as rigorous shock and vibration testing, the power bank is durable and easy to handle.
4. The compact size and range of colours make it stylish and give you a lot of choices too. This way, you get to choose the device that matches your personality best.
1. This power bank comes with a lithium-ion battery, which may not be the best when compared to a lot of power banks with advanced batteries today.
5. Coolnut High Capacity Power Bank 20000mAH
1. This power bank comes with a high capacity of 20000 mAH. So, you can use it for an entire day and while travelling too.
2. It can be used to charge more than one device at the same time. You can, in fact, charge three devices.
3. The ABS+PC body makes the device durable and also very stylish. It also comes with curved edges for aesthetic appeal, and this feels good to hold too.
4. The four LED indicators show you the remaining power in the device.
5. Circuit protection makes the device very safe to use.
1. One thing that would have made the power bank perfect is quick charge support, which the power bank lacks among its features.
2. The power bank can also be a little too heavy while compared to a lot of other models.
6. Lapguard LG803 20800 mAH Lithium-ion Power Bank
1. This power bank comes with a high capacity of 20,800 mAH.
2. It has four LED indicators to tell you the battery power and charging status.
3. It is lightweight and easy to carry around.
1. The charging time of this power bank can be a little too high while compared with a lot of other power banks.
2. This power bank can be a little heavy with a bulky design that makes it look outdated in fashion.
7. Duracell PB10050 5002732 10050mAH Lithium-Ion Power Bank
1. The power bank charges two times faster than conventional power banks.
2. It has a very high capacity of 10500 mAH.
3. Charging gives you about 72 hours of talk time.
4. The fast charge feature makes charging your phone quicker.
5. The power bank charges multiple devices.
1. This power bank comes in a plastic case which may not make it very durable.
2. The charging speed may not be all that great. So, if you want a superfast charging speed, this is not for you.
8. Zinq Technologies Z10KI 10000mAH Lithium-Ion Power Bank
1. This power bank is lightweight and is available in a size that makes it pocket-friendly.
2. You get to enjoy fast charging, and this makes the device useful if you are a busy person.
3. The robust design of the power bank makes it durable and safe to use.
4. The dual USB ports let you use it to get two devices charged at a single time.
5. This power bank includes LED indicators that tell you the state of the battery.
6. The matte finish makes the power bank appear stylish too. So, if you are looking for an attractive power bank, then this is a good option for you.
1. This power bank can require a little more care when it comes to maintenance. There are instances of the battery storage getting lesser with time.
9. Pebble 10000mAH Pico-Palm Sized Power Bank
1. This power bank has an available capacity of 10000 mAH.
2. The size makes it convenient to carry and comfortable to hold. As the name suggests, the power bank comes in palm size.
3. You also have an LED display that shows the state of the battery inside.
4. It can be used to charge two devices at a time. This makes it convenient if you tend to have two gadgets.
5. 10-way circuit protection feature makes the power bank safe to use. This way, you don’t have to have any worry concerning safety.
1. The USB cable of this power bank is too short, and thus a kind of inconvenience.
10. Syska Power Port100 10000mAH Lithium-Ion Power Bank
1. Like most modern power banks, this power bank also comes with two USB ports so you can get two devices charged while you are travelling or at work.
2. Multiple colours and a great design make it an excellent choice for the fashion conscious. This way, you can choose what goes with your personality.
3. The power bank has a sufficient battery backup. This makes it convenient for those who need to charge their phones at work.
1. The power bank can take a little longer to charge your device while compared with a lot of other power banks.
What is Power Bank?
A power bank is a portable charger for your mobile devices that can supply USB power using the stored energy in its built-in batteries. It is an absolute necessity if you are a frequent traveller.
You absolutely need to be able to charge your devices if you want to fully utilize them on a single trip. Cell phones, tablets, etc., all require power after some time and a power outlet is generally not available everywhere you go.
The power bank can be charged at home and then accompany you everywhere. In India, power banks are even more required where train trips can last more than 2 days.
Power Bank Buying Guide
There is an abundant choice of power banks available in the market. It gets overwhelming to choose the best power bank according to your needs.
If you are not careful in buying a power bank, you can end up with a fake power bank or a power bank which can only charge your device only 1-2 times. Fake power banks can even harm your mobile/tablet.
Below is a list of things you need to keep in mind while buying a power bank:
1. The Capacity of the Power Bank
First, find the battery capacity of your phone. For example, the battery of my Moto G 1st gen is 2070 mAh. Make sure that the battery capacity of a power bank is more than the battery capacity of your mobile tablet.
The larger the mAh of the power bank, the more you can charge your device.
The mAh of the power bank you choose should be at least twice the battery capacity of your mobile. This way, it will charge your mobile two times.
So a 10000 mAh power bank can charge a battery of 2070 mAh close to 5 times. I will suggest you go with a power bank having more than 10000 mAh battery.
Note: For most power banks, the efficiency rate of the power bank is about 50 to 60% of the stated capacity. This is due to the conversion of the charge from the battery to your phone and loss of power from the power cable.
On more advanced power banks, the efficiency rate is as much as 70 to 80% of the stated charge, depending on the model.
2. Type of Battery
Pay attention to the type of cells — Lithium-ion or Lithium-polymer — used in the power bank. Li-ion is cheap and easily available. Li-poly cells, on the other hand, are more expensive but provide twice as much charge density per unit weight.
Lithium Polymer is the new advanced battery. It is made of aluminium plastic casing and has lighter weight and better performance and safety features, though a bit expensive.
On the other hand, Lithium-ion ( 18650 Lithium Battery) which means the length is 65 mm and a diameter of 18 mm is cylindrical in shape is the older generation but still popular due to a lower price.
So it’s better to go for Lithium Polymer batteries instead of lithium-ion as they are safe, more lightweight and better quality.
3. Current (in Amperes)
A. Output Current (in Amperes)
The ampere rating for the output port for the power bank is crucial in order to ensure that your device is charged well. In lower end power banks, the output port would typically be 1A, while higher end ones have 2.1A.
Older phones do not draw more than 1 Ampere to charge their batteries. However, newer handsets and tablets need a 2.1 Ampere input current.
Check your mobile’s original plug for details on current draw. If possible, buy a power bank with two USB ports — 1A and 2.1A. Remember: When it comes to charging your gadgets, current draw is more important than capacity.
Advanced power banks now have the ability to detect and adjust the amperes depending on the device. As such, these power banks are better in the long run as:
They ensure your devices get charged fast
They don’t push a larger current than whatever your smartphone/tablet/iPhone/iPad could take.
B. Input Current (in Amperes)
Just as the output current is important, the input current is crucial to your power bank charging times. With low input current, your large power bank would take 8 to 10 hours to be fully charged.
However, at times you might have a power bank with a 2.1A input current, but your wall charger might only be able to output 1A.
In such cases, it is wise to upgrade to a better wall charger, as you never know when you would need a fully charged power bank.
4. Number of Ports
Higher capacity battery packs also usually come with more than one USB charging ports. Naturally, more ports cost more money, and the number of ports you should go for depends on how many devices you carry.
The biggest advantage of additional ports is that you can charge more devices at the same time.
5. Safety Certifications
To shield you from fake power banks, it’s very important to choose a credible option. Generally, Power Banks with FCC, CE and ROHS certifications are best.
Getting FCC or ROHS certificate is a big thing since they have to pass safety tests for sensitive products like power banks which can explode. They check whether polymer or ion batteries are prone to explosion.
What one should check in power bank is FCC and ROHS certification which ensure proper circuits and safety panels are used by the manufacturer.
For improved safety and performance, buy a power bank that comes with overvoltage protection (OVP), overcharge protection (OCP) and over-temperature protection (OTP) that ensure its longevity against spurts in current, and overheating during charging and discharging.
6. After Sales Service & Warranty
Before buying the power bank, make sure to check the warranty period & nearby service centre locations of the power bank brand.
Many Chinese companies are selling power banks with no service centres in India. Every best power bank for mobiles will offer you at least one year warranty.
With power banks available from a range of brands, you are surely going to be spoilt for choices. Coming with dual ports, good battery backups and materials that make them durable and easy to maintain, these power banks are durable, reliable, and not to forget, also very stylish.
So, compare the different models in this list to choose a power bank that you think is the best and most convenient for all your needs.