Choosing a cycle can be a difficult task to do in India since there are so many options available in the market. It can be time-consuming to choose the best cycle in India.
There are a lot of factors that you need to keep in mind before you jump into buying a cycle. Make sure you know your requirements well. This will help you in choosing the right cycle.
You can find different types of cycles such as mountain cycles, road cycles, etc. It is obvious for you to know the purpose of buying a cycle. Once you are done with that, you can opt for a cycle that matches your requirements.
However, if you are still confused, you can go through the buying guide below or else you can scroll down to the product list as well. I have made sure to put in all the best brands and keeping in mind the requirements one can have.
So without further delay, let’s jump into the article.
Table of Contents
- These are the Top 9 Best Cycles in India 2023:
- 1. CRADIAC 29 INCH Mountain Bicycle
- 2. Firefox Bikes Grunge
- 3. Hero Blast 20T Single Speed Cycle
- 4. Hero Kyoto 26T Single Speed Mountain Bike
- 5. Leader Scout MTB 26T Mountain Bicycle
- 6. Caya Warrior 26 Bike
- 7. Geekay Hashtag Mountain Bicycle
- 8. Omobikes Model-1.0 Lightweight |13kg| Fast Light Weight Hybrid Cycle with Alloy Rims, Anti Rust Frame
- 9. AXAN Fat Bicycle with Dual Disc Breaks 21 Shimano Gears 26X4 Inch Tyres
- Cycle Buying Guide India
- Final Talk
These are the Top 9 Best Cycles in India 2023:
CRADIAC 29 INCH Mountain Bicycle is the best cycle in India. It comes with dual disc brakes, suspension fork, alloy stem, free mudguard and side stand. It has 29X2.1 nylon tyres and double wall alloy rims
Frame : 18” MTB
Frame Fork : Suspension
Gearing : Single Speed
Crank Set : Cotter-less Chain Wheel set with 42 teeth Crank
Brakes : Dual disc Brake Levers : ED Black Alloy
- Looks great
- Smooth to ride
- Fantastic traction power
- Stand could’ve been better
1. It is ideal for 13+ years kids.
2. This comes with 17 inches frame size.
3. The rider height ranges from 5 ft 5 inches to 5 ft 10 inches.
4. It comes with a tire size of 27.5 inches.
1. The Firefox Bikes Grunge is yet another amazing cycle that is built on an MTB specific steel frame. And as a result, it is durable and strong enough to withstand any weather conditions. You will see that the frame offers good stability.
2. What I like more about this bicycle is the steel hardtail MTB frame with a steel front. It is having a suspension of 60mm travel. Moreover, this cycle is equipped with a mechanical disc brake that offers a powerful braking system. And if you want some extra strength, this cycle has double-wall rims.
3. The bicycle comes along with a tool kit such as the multi-spanner and Allen key. You will get it in an 85% assembled situation that you need to assemble fully with the help of an expert. This comes with 27.5 inches of tire size and anyone can ride having the height of 5.5 feet to 5.10 feet.
1. The assembly service could be a little better.
1. It is a premium quality cycle.
2. It is ideal for kids.
3. It is a Hero cycle.
1. The product comes from a well-known brand Hero which is popularly known for manufacturing amazing cycles in India. It ensures durability as well as reliability.
2. It has a steel frameset which enhances the longevity of the product. The suspensions are sturdy and have the strength to hold onto rough surfaces.
3. The size of the tyres are 20 inches and the frame size is around 12 inches. It is ideal for kids of 6 to 8 years. However, the height of the rider should be between 4 feet to 5 feet.
4. I like the seat which is made up of superior quality giving a comfortable ride. You can extend the seat according to your needs and adjust with the pillar feature.
5. The pedals have an amazing grip with the anti-skid feature. It ensures high safety. There is a mudguard to keep the cycle free from dirt or mud.
1. There is no cycle stand as well as reflectors.
1. It is ideal for 12+ years kids.
2. This comes with 18 inches frame size.
3. The rider height ranges from 5 ft 4 inches to 5 ft 10 inches.
4. It comes with a tire size of 26 inches.
1. The Hero Kyoto 26T Single Speed Mountain Bike is a very pretty looking cycle that is black and looks very classy too. It comes with a durable steel frame that will keep the solidness high. It will ensure smooth-riding too. You will like the quality of the 18 inches steel frame and it promises a longer durability period.
2. The cycle comes along with the dual V brakes system that will offer you solid control during rides. As a result, it will give you extended reliability and safety. What I like about this product is that it comes with anti-skid pedals. It gives that kind of proper foot grip so that you can ride the bike without much issue. This enhances the safety level as well.
3. The product comes with a comfortable seat that has an adjustable feature. It allows you to easily adjust the seat as per your needs. This will provide you with a nice and comfy riding experience. The cycle comes along with tires that are having mudguards. It will keep the cycle safe from the mud.
4. The cycle is easy to assemble and is pretty light in weight. You won’t have any problem cycling at all. Overall, it is a value for money product.
1. No cons found.
1. It comes with wheel size 26 X 2.125.
2. This has a frame size of 18 inches.
3. It is great for 12-15 years, 16-18 years.
4. The product is durable and long-lasting.
1. The Leader Scout MTB 26T Mountain Bicycle comes with a super-strong steel frame. It gives you the comfort that you need to cycle. All the frames are designed using the in-house design studio which is just amazing. Coming to the handlebar, it offers a super high grip due to the soft rubber material. It will be pretty comfortable for longer rides.
2. The cycle comes along with a height-adjustable PU Saddle that has a reinforced plastic shell. What I like about this saddle is that you can adjust it to get the required height. This will allow you to have a comfortable sitting position for different heights.
3. Furthermore, the cycle comes with an efficient braking system that looks very promising. It is easy to use and requires less maintenance. The braking system comes with excellent power and is designed to offer your proper control on all the terrains.
4. What I like about the cycle is that it comes with a protective chainguard that ensures higher safety. This will cover the moving parts as well to prevent the risk of any entanglement. You will find the tyers pretty much long-lasting. It is designed for better traction in dry/wet conditions and different terrains.
1. The quality could be a little improved.
1. It is a universal cycle for adults.
2. This has a size of 26 inches.
3. It is durable and lightweight.
1. The Caya Warrior 26 Bike is a pretty durable cycle. It will last you for a longer period. The product looks classy with a black body and a shiny finish. This gives a premium feel to the bicycle.
2. The cycle is a universal cycle and any adult can ride this. Hence, you don’t need to worry about the size like others. It comes with dual disc brakes that are placed in the rear & front of the cycle. As a result, this offers you a stable and powerful braking system.
3. The cycle further comes with triple wall alloy rims. Overall, the product frame is strong but light in weight. It comes with a fork that is the front shocker and along with that the lifetime warranty unless accidental.
4. Moreover, the product comes in a semi-assembled situation that should be assembled by the experts. This is easy to ride, maintain, and assemble.
1. It comes with no manual or booklet.
1. It is ideal for 13+ years kids.
2. This comes with 17 inches frame size.
3. The rider height ranges from 5 ft to 5 ft 7 inches.
4. It comes with 26 inches wheel dual disc brake.
1. The Geekay Hashtag Mountain Bicycle is a nice looking, sleek, stylish, and trendy cycle to ride on. This has a nice built and can conquer any road or trail with ease. What I like about the product is the frame which is designed aerodynamically to prevent air friction.
2. Coming to the steel frame design of the mountain bike, it comes with 26 inches, 27.5 inches, or 29 inches supersized all-terrain knobby tires. What is more interesting about this cycle is that it has double-wall alloy rims which are light in weight and high tensile rims are just perfect for the ultimate road performance.
3. The product comes with a great safety feature. It has dual disc brakes that are of high quality and are present on both the rear and the front wheels. This ensures stability and quick braking. Moreover, you can easily adjust the saddle height with a quick release. This comes with attractive grips and wide tires that offer an amazing roll.
1. A little difficult to assemble.
8. Omobikes Model-1.0 Lightweight |13kg| Fast Light Weight Hybrid Cycle with Alloy Rims, Anti Rust Frame
1. It is an affordable cycle.
2. It is an all-mountain bike.
3. This is light in weight.
4. It has a carbon-steel frameset.
1. The product is manufactured by IIT graduates in the name of Omo Bikes. The owners are passionate about cycles and bikes. Thus, they thought of manufacturing some amazingly premium quality cycles.
2. It is lightest in weight and comes along with 26X1.75 tyres which makes it easy as well as the fastest mode of transportation.
3. The best part is that the company plants 5 trees for every Omobikes 1.0 cycle sold. This ensures a healthy lifestyle.
4. The product comes with a high tensile frame that has lightweight steel. It is good for people with a height ranging between 5’0″ to 6’0″.
5. The best part is the coloured rims which have doubled wall alloy. This makes them sturdy and also light in weight. The tyres are puncture resistant and great for speed.
6. I like the seat of the cycle which is comfortable and has an adjustable option for a peaceful ride. The pedals are durable which enhances the safety feature.
7. The product comes with frictionless bearing hubs as well as BB set to smoothen out the chain.
1. No cons found.
1. It is military green in colour.
2. The product has a carbon steel frameset.
3. It has 18 inches frame.
4. The speed rating is 21 with front suspension.
1. The AXAN Fat Bicycle is meant to carry a load of around 130 Kgs. Thus, you can choose it if you feel you are on the heavier side or you carry loads along with you while cycling.
2. This product comes with Shimano shifters as well as derailleurs power which has a 14-speed cycle. It is especially meant for on-road as well as off-road having fat tyres of 4inches and a 26-inch rim.
3. The seats are quite comfortable. It has an adjustable option with a quick release for a smooth transition.
4. It has a combination of 21 gears (7×3) along with a front suspension fork. There is a year warranty on the frame. It is ideal for riders with a height between 5’4″ to 6’4″.
5. If you order online, the cycle comes in a semi-assembled situation. You need to fix them accordingly. Tools are provided to help you in the installation process.
1. No wheel size mentioned.
Cycle Buying Guide India
1. Types Of Cycles
a) Mountain Cycle
You can understand about it on hearing the name only. It is meant for mountains or hilly areas. These types of cycles are used for cycling on the rugged surface area.
However, you can use it on the normal surface but it can feel heavy and can perform slowly when compared to the mountain or rocky areas.
b) Road Cycle
The road cycles are fitted with skinny tyres along with lightweight frames. It is specially meant for the highest speed possible with the lowest effort on the road’s surface.
For severe weather conditions, these bike tyres are not preferable. They can’t support the speed required for those situations.
c) Hybrid Cycle
Hybrid cycles are the best according to me or any other cyclists. As they are an amazing combination of both the road as well as the mountain cycles.
It has a balanced speed with a lightweight frame as well as tyres. However, this allows you to ride in an upright position. Due to all these, the hybrid cycles are the most preferred and considered to be the best type of cycles in India.
d) Normal Usage
If you are someone who is looking to buy a cycle for regular use, then the normal usage cycle is an ideal option. They are affordable and has good durability giving a standard riding experience.
You can use it for daily transportation or for a peaceful cycle ride as well.
You should only opt for the beginner’s cycle only if you don’t have a sufficient amount to invest in other cycles. These are of kinda good quality and suitable for people who are riding a cycle for the first time.
These are the semi-professional cycles that are suitable for both beginners as well as professionals. Usually, the users keep a few more cycles like this one handy in their garages. It is good for a quick ride of 30+km.
If you are thinking of buying a cycle, then the first thing you should consider is the purpose for which you want to buy it. Think about whether you are buying it for a cycle ride competition or you want to buy it just to have a few rides in your local area?
The type of area is also very crucial to be kept in mind. Once you decide on the purpose, then you can go further with the procedure. You can find several varieties of cycles in the market and I have tried to mention them all right above.
You shouldn’t opt for a heavy cycle if you are buying it just for fitness purposes. Go for a lightweight cycle. For riding in hilly areas, you must opt for the mountain cycles as they follow certain parameters.
Now that you know the purpose of buying a cycle, then the next thing you must consider is the area where you are going to ride the cycle. Comfort is yet another very important factor to consider.
You need to see whether you are comfortable riding the cycle in your chosen area or not. Check for the grips, it should be of high quality to give you the required amount of support.
The next thing is to check for seat comfort which ensures you have a safe ride.
Yet another important factor to consider while buying a cycle is checking the durability of the product. After all, that is what matters the most!
You need to be sure of the materials used to build the cycle such as the seat, grips, frames as well as wheels to ensure the durability of the product. To know more about durability, you should check the metal used to build the cycle.
For me, brand matters more than anything else. And I guess, there are people for whom the brand is something that matters more.
If you are investing you are hard-earned money on something, you need to ensure you are putting it on something worth every penny. A well-branded product ensures durability as well as safety and good performance.
However, you can find out all the products here are from reputed brands. Thus, you can choose any of them according to your needs.
6. Colour And Style
Now that you are aware of the comfort as well as the durability of the product, then you must check the colour and the style of the cycle. After all, you are going to buy a cycle for a peaceful ride and thus, appearance matters a lot in that case.
If you go for a product with the colour of your choice and style that comforts you, then you will surely have a smooth ride.
While buying a cycle, you must check for the budget. If you decide your budget according to your comfort level, then you must look out for a product according to your budget.
If you keep a budget set, it will help you in choosing the best cycle that will suit your needs. You can find affordable as well as expensive cycles in the list mentioned below.
It is mandatory to check the quality of the tyres. This is because a good quality tire will ensure safety as well as good resistance and a sturdy grip.
9. Brake Performance
Disc brakes aren’t meant to give an amazing performance. Moreover, they come expensive than all other cycles. They are much more light in weight and perform equally well than the ones with disc brakes.
Since you are investing your money in a product, then you must check out the framework. It should be of high quality to ensure durability as well as premium performance.
The product should be made up of high-quality materials such as aluminium alloy, carbon fibre, etc; are meant to make the product light in weight when compared to the conventional cycles.
Buying the best cycle in India can get a little difficult with so many options available in the market. However, there are several fake brands already present making things much more complicated for the users.
Here, I have a buying guide as well as a product list of the best cycles in India keeping in mind certain parameters. You can select one of them according to your needs.