As this is the generation of ACs, people usually don’t think about installing table fans. However, if you are aware of the benefits it has, then you will surely opt for one.
One such advantage of a table fan is that you can place it anywhere as per your requirements. This is a practical benefit to consider which you can’t do with ACs.
I find table fans to be an immediate solution for eliminating unwanted fumes from inside and keeping the room fresh. And the best part is that they are energy efficient.
However, choosing the best table fans in India can be a difficult task to do. Thus, you can go through my list of best models along with a buying guide to understand the product better.
So without further ado, let’s jump into the article.
Table of Contents
- Table Fan Buying Guide
- Benefits Of Table Fans
- These are the Top 5 Best Table Fans in India 2019:
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Final Talk
Table Fan Buying Guide
1. Size of the Fan
The most crucial factor to consider before buying a table fan is to check for the size of the product. There are a few models that have sizes around 12, 16 or 20 inches.
You must have heard the smaller the size is, the better it will be in case of a table fan. But here is a myth buster for you. Rememberer, the bigger the fan is the less noise it will produce.
2. Material Quality
The second most important thing to consider, which is often neglected by the users is the material quality. Since you are spending your hard-earned money, you need to think before you randomly choose one.
If you want to make sure your fan last for a more extended period, you shouldn’t opt for the plastic material. You should go for the metal-based material as they are durable enough.
3. Swing Oscillation
The ability of a table fan to move or rotate is known as the oscillation. This helps to provide air equally in all directions.
There are a few new models that come along with an automated swing system, and a few are there which you need to make swing manually. Thus, it is vital to look for a table fan with swing oscillation before purchasing one.
While you think of buying a fan, you don’t want it to bother you by producing noise. Right? Well! You need to understand that noise entirely depends on the table fan composition.
As a result, while purchasing a fan, you need to make sure you opt for a superior quality one. The one that comes with a high power motor is the ideal option for you.
However, the low-grade motors are the reason for the noise produced to irritate your ears. So you should go for a table fan with a good quality motor to avoid the noise created.
5. Motor Power
If you are planning to opt for a model, you may also check CFM, which is the cubic feet per minute of the table fan. It lets you know the capability of the fan, how much volume of air it can circulate.
Another significant factor to look at is the power consumed by the fan. A table fan usually consumes less power and thus, great for your electricity bill. On average, it consumes 50-100 watts.
6. Speed Contol
Nowadays, all the table fans come along with speed control options. This is the feature that allows you to change the speed from 0 to 3 according to your requirements.
However, you can still find fans with single or zero settings. You shouldn’t opt for those as they are challenging to manage.
7. Removable Grills
If you are planning to use the table fan regularly, then there is a chance of getting it dirty in every situation. The grills may get clogged with dirt and dust particles present in the environment.
In this case, detachable grills can come very much handy. Furthermore, to maintain hygiene, you should clean the grills as per usage.
While you think of buying a product, you must keep in mind the budget factor. There are so many models already available in the market; you need to see brands that come with good quality products at an affordable price range.
It is always a better option to set a budget and then look for quality fans within that budget. This way, you will be able to get the right product that performs well and serves your requirements too within the budget.
If you have any doubt, you can go through the product list mention below.
9. Installation And Maintenance
Purchasing a good table fan isn’t always enough. You need to keep in mind about the installation as well as the maintenance. Table fans usually need no assistance to install and thus, consider checking the weight and installation procedure of your chosen one.
You should opt for a fan that is easy to maintain and clean as well. Buy a simple machine so that you can reach out to your local electrician for any help in the future.
10. Safety Tips
If you are looking forward to buying a pedestal fan or a table fan, then safety features are a must to look for. You need to keep the table fans on a plain and smooth surface. This is because they usually tend to fall off if not support is there or aren’t placed in a stable surface.
Nextly, you should keep the wires detangled. It is further recommended not to come close to the fan or touch the mesh while it is running.
This is due to the fact, the blades are sharp and rotate at high speed. Thus, touching the mesh can cause harm.
Benefits Of Table Fans
1. Speed Control
Fans nowadays have evolved a lot. Table fans these days comes along with remote control option.
You can now manually change the speed and direction of the fan just by sitting at the bed or sofa.
With table fan, you can place it anywhere you want. Small ones can be placed on the desk, and larger ones can be placed in the room according to your sitting position.
Air conditioners and air coolers come costly, and not everyone is willing to invest in them. Thus, for an economical option, you better opt for table fans.
They are quite affordable and have high-speed cooling efficiency.
These are the Top 5 Best Table Fans in India 2019:
1. Usha Maxx Air 400mm 55-Watt Table Fan
1. It has a great design.
2. There is a uniform oscillation.
3. It has a noiseless sweep.
4. There is a motor overheat protection.
5. It has aerodynamic blades for excellent air delivery.
6. It comes with a year warranty period.
1. The Usha Maxx Air 400mm Table Fan is from a very renowned brand of Usha, which is there in the market since 1934. And every Indian is familiar with the brand; thus, you can rely on this product. I had to keep in the first position of the list due to the fantastic quality.
2. The fan is made up of entirely plastic, which has a pure white colour. It has an aesthetically pleasing design to attract the eyes of the user. The fan is quite portable due to the lightweight factor.
3. The blades are of PVC which gives a smooth function and are rustproof, unlike the metal counterparts. It can serve you instant relief with the cool air. This is sufficient for a bigger room as well with the 400mm sweep of the table fan.
4. The rotating speed of the table fan is 1280rpm and yet noiseless. This product has a jerk-free oscillation. The power consumption is also less and has an input of only 55 watts. Thus, I feel it is energy as well as power efficient.
5. Furthermore, the table fan comes with heat protection to enhance the safety feature of the product. Thus, there will be no thermal overload, and you will be safe from any accidents or burns.
6. The product further comes along with a year warranty on the manufacturing defects. You will also find this model in a premium blue colour with a semi-transparent design. Thus, it is the best choice for you.
1. You will need a pen to push start the fan as the blades may get stuck at times.
2. V-Guard Lap Breeze 250 mm Table Fan
1. The product delivers air evenly.
2. It has an ergonomic and compact design.
3. This provides efficient performance for a longer time.
4. It consumes 40 watts of energy power.
5. It comes with a year of the warranty period.
1. The V-Guard Lap Breeze 250 mm Table Fan comes with three-speed choices. You can manually adjust the speed setting according to the comfort you need. It comes with a right tilting angle airflow that can balance the air inside the room
2. The product is small and compact apart from the powerful RPM. So you can place the fan anywhere around you for personal use. So for any small size rooms, it becomes excellent to use for regular operation.
3. It comes with a high 1200 RPM, which makes the blades flow swiftly. Apart from this, the product comes with 250 mm air sweep to allow the airflow in every direction. The product also has a 25 m3/min which is sufficient for personal use even from a 5-meter distance.
4. The speed control option in the fan is a great advantage. You can manually adjust it with a knob present at the base of the fan. It also includes a vertical tilt which can slide forward or even backwards according to the airflow. It can give great close air ranges.
5. It comes with just 40 watts energy consumption, which is comparatively low than many models on the market. It also has a noiseless operation, which is very helpful if you are opting for a short nap.
1. It is heavy.
2. There is no automatic sweep.
3. Havells Birdie 230mm Table Fan
1. It comes with a stylish design and an excellent colour combination.
2. The blades are of good quality.
3. It has excellent speed at this price.
4. Power consumption is low.
5. There are two pole capacitor motors.
1. The next product on the list is from yet another reputed brand in India, Havells, which is known for manufacturing excellent quality home and kitchen appliances. The Havells Birdie 230mm Table Fan is one such example.
2. If you are looking for a colourful table fan to have a happy life, then the Havells Birdie 230mm Table Fan is the ideal option for you. You can use it in desks, for study tables, small cabins, shop counters, etc.
3. What I like more is the elegant looking spiral mesh. It also has a globe styles guard ring. The fan frame is fixed within it, and it allows the movement of 360 degrees. It comes in two different colours, yellow on maroon mesh and black on the grey mesh.
4. The product is made up of copper windings and premium quality plastic. It is designed ergonomically and has three lead abs blade which has an aerofoil section. This will provide you with excellent airflow. I feel this to be the perfect product for a small room or place.
5. This product further comes along with a two-capacitor pole motor. The product comes along with low power consumption and consumes only 55 watts of power. I like the speed of the fan, which is 28000 rpm.
6. Furthermore, I like the unique rotational style it has. However, it is a little bit noisy. There are buttons present which allows you to control the table fan.
1. It produces noise if used for a more extended period.
2. There are no control buttons.
4. Luminous Buddy 230mm 55-Watt Table Fan
1. It has premium quality aluminium blades.
2. This comes with easily removable grills for easy dusting.
3. The blades are aerodynamic.
4. It has high-speed blades.
5. It can be easily mounted on the wall or kept as stand fan.
6. There is a rubber coating for perfect grip.
7. It comes with two years of the warranty period.
1. The Luminous Buddy 230mm 55-Watt Table Fan is yet another fantastic table fan from the very famous brand of Luminous. It is a great table fan to trust. I would suggest you buy it for any closed space or small desks.
2. The table fan is made up of high-quality plastic, and the blades are aerodynamically designed. The design has mesh in a conical outward manner. This will enhance the airflow of the fan and will give you more cooling air to a great distance.
3. Furthermore, what I like more is that apart from the plastic body, the front part can be opened up easily. The blades are made up of aluminium to clean it easily. To enhance the grip of the fan, there is a rubber coating at the bottom.
4. The power consumption of the product is just 55 watts, and thus, it is an energy-efficient product. The speed is of 2800 rpm, which is excellent for supreme quality air. You can use it as a desk fan or even wall-mount it.
5. The fan comes with a cord and a power pin to plug it while you want to use it. You can adjust the speed of the fan according to your needs using the buttons or switches the fan comes with. It has two years of the warranty period on the manufacturing defects.
1. It produces noise.
2. There are no buttons or dials.
5. Bajaj Ultima PT01 200mm Table Fan
1. It comes with an elegant design and modern looks.
2. It has a powerful motor.
3. The product is coated with powder guard.
4. The speed is high.
5. It comes with a year warranty period.
6. It has 3-speed control settings.
1. The Bajaj Ultima PT01 200mm Table Fan is yet another fantastic product from the brand Ultima, which is known for manufacturing high quality home and kitchen appliances. You can rely on the products manufactured by them without a doubt.
2. The table fan comes with an exquisite design to suit all home interiors. With the powerful motor and the modern looks, it is just a complete package for your house. The product is available with a 14-inch size, which is excellent for personal use at any time.
3. The product comes with PP blades available in aerodynamic style. These blades are light in weight than the metal ones, so they have lower chances of corrosion. Because of this material, the RPM of the product is also higher around 2300 value. This enhances the performance of the fan.
4. The sweep size is around 200 mm, which is convenient for small rooms. It delivers a
uniform air motion to all parts of the room. The fan supports long hours of use, which makes it easy for any user to turn it on in the hot summers.
5. The body is coated with a power guard. SO it ensures complete safety to touch the body while the fan is in motion. You do not have to worry at all about the electrical wires because of this feature. You can also get manual speed settings to adjust the fan speed.
1. It makes a little noise.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. Which type of Blade is the best in a table fan?
There are already different types of table fans available in the market which have metal blades and plastic blades. However, the plastic blades are much safer to use at any day rather than the metal blades.
The metal ones do tend to form rust faster, but plastic fans do not form rust at all. Also, their RPM is higher.
2. Can Electric Table Fans get overheated?
It is natural for any fan to get overheated. If you are using the Table Fans for a long time, it may get overheated after a while.
But if you smell smoke, immediately turn off the fan and unplug it for an hour. The motor or the windings may be a fault.
3. Where Should You Place a Table Fan?
You can place the table fan according to your choice. Most of them have a horizontal base, so it is never challenging to place the Table Fan on any flat surface.
Make sure that the fan stands straight and also you get the distance right.
4. What is the standard power of a table fan?
The Table Fan power is calculated with the metric called CFM. It stands for Cubic Feet per Meter.
The ideal CFM should be around 300-400, but it can vary for different models.
So these are the top 5 best table fans in India to look out for. You can go through the buying guide to have a complete idea about the product. I am sure this will help you to opt for the best choice for you.
If you are still in confusion, you can comment all your queries down below. I will be happy to help you out.