Do you prefer eating sandwiches? If yes, opting for a healthy one made at home is a better option than buying it from a shop.
With the help of a good quality sandwich maker, you can make delicious, tasty and healthy sandwiches at home. However, choosing a product can be difficult as there are several products available in the market.
Therefore I have made this buying guide and as well as product reviews to help you choose the best sandwich maker in India.
So without further delay, let’s jump into the article.
Table of Contents
These are the Top 5 Best Sandwich Makers in India 2023:
1. Prestige PGMFB 800 Watt Grill Sandwich Toaster
The Prestige PGMFB 800 Watt Grill Sandwich Toaster is the best sandwich maker in India.
1. It has a nonstick heating plate.
2. There is an indicator light.
3. It has a heat resistant body.
4. It is affordable.
5. There is an anti-skid base.
6. The power consumption is low.
7. It comes with one year of the warranty period.
1. Prestige is yet another well-known brand in India known for manufacturing great kitchen appliances. The Prestige PGMFB 800 Watt Grill Sandwich Toaster is one such fantastic product from the brand. Thus, you can rely on this.
2. This product comes along with a nonstick base, which makes sure that the sandwich ingredients won’t stick to the plates spoiling the food. It has a handle designed ergonomically, which makes the holding comfortable. It is heat-resistant as well and thus, ensures further safety.
3. What I like more is that the product comes along with light indicators to indicate you with a red light if the power is on and a green indicator if the sandwich is ready. This consumes a power of 850 watts, which give a super-fast performance. And also consumes less electricity and hence, pocket-friendly as well.
4. It comes with a year of the warranty period on the manufacturer defects. Thus, you can have hassle-free usage of the device.
1. It has a small cord length.
2. Borosil Super Jumbo BGRILLSS23 2000-Watt Grill Sandwich Maker
The Borosil Super Jumbo BGRILLSS23 2000-Watt Grill Sandwich Maker is the second best sandwich maker in India.
1. It has an oil drip tray.
2. It consumes 2000 watts of power.
3. The product has a large capacity.
4. It has nonstick grill plates.
5. This has a thermal fuse.
6. There is a temperature control knob.
1. The Borosil Super Jumbo BGRILLSS23 2000-Watt Grill Sandwich Maker comes from one of the best brands in India, Borosil. It is very well-known for manufacturing premium quality kitchen appliances. Thus, without a doubt, it is on my list at the top.
2. This product comes with a nonstick coated heating plate, ensuring the ingredients don’t stick on the surface. It is ideal for four-slice grilling, and with such enormous capacity, it is always a perfect option for larger families.
3. Moreover, the product consumes a whopping amount of power, which is around 2000 watts. This also takes 230 volts to make the grilling process faster than the rest. It further comes along with a light indicating display, which makes the cooking process more comfortable.
4. What I like more is that this device is equipped with an oil drip collector tray. It makes sure there is no excess oil in the sandwich to eat. This removes all those extra oils and fats from the food, making it healthy to eat.
5. This product comes with a slide-type locking system to enhance security. There is a thermal fuse to ensure further security and safety. It has a temperature control knob to allow you to set or control the temperature according to your needs.
6. The device has two years warranty period on the manufacturing defects, which makes it a great buy.
1. It needs a constant power supply.
3. Prestige PSMFB 800 Watt Sandwich Toaster
The Prestige PSMFB 800 Watt Sandwich Toaster is the third best sandwich maker in India.
1. This product has a matte finish.
2. It has light indicators.
3. This has nonsticky grilling plates.
4. It is fast and effective.
5. It consumes 800 watts of power.
6. This has a year warranty period.
1. The Prestige PSMFB 800 Watt Sandwich Toaster is yet another great product that you can eye on. It is reliable and is very much useful in producing tastier and crispier sandwiches.
2. It has a matte finish body that is scratch proof. This makes it durable and long-lasting. The simple design makes it look appealing. Apart from that, it consumes a power of 800 watts, which delivers the correct amount of grilling at a sufficient time.
3. This sandwich maker comes along with a nonstick coating base plate, which further makes sure that the ingredients don’t stick onto the surface. It gives you perfectly cooked and grilled sandwiches.
4. This nonstick base makes the whole cleaning and maintaining process easy and as well as simple. The heating capacity just perfect for giving you tastier grilled food items.
1. It is not ideal for the large size of the bread.
4. Lifelong LLSM115G 750-Watt 4-Slice Grill Sandwich Maker
The Lifelong LLSM115G 750-Watt 4-Slice Grill Sandwich Maker is the fourth best sandwich maker in India.
1. It has nonstick plating.
2. There is a cool-touch handle.
3. It has an elegant black body.
4. There are strong hinges.
5. It consumes 750 watts of power.
6. The product is heat-resistant.
1. The Lifelong LLSM115G 750-Watt 4-Slice Grill Sandwich Maker comes from a not so known brand in India. However, this product is beneficial and can make you some delicious as well as healthy breakfast. Thus, you can rely on this.
2. The product comes along with a Teflon coated nonstick which makes sure the ingredients don’t stick onto the surface of the item. Everything makes it easy to clean as well as maintain.
3. The product comes along with a heat-resistant body and ensures durability of the product. It is made up of Teflon material, which is of high quality. This makes sure the product stays cool to touch.
4. The compact design makes it space-saving, and it is easy to store in the kitchen. Since, it is light in weight and thus, very much comfortable to carry. This increase the usage of the product.
1. Cord length is a little too short.
5. Borosil Prime BGRILLPS11 Grill Sandwich Maker
Borosil Prime BGRILLPS11 Grill Sandwich Maker is the fifth best sandwich maker in India.
1. Power: 700 Watts
2. Product Dimensions LxWxH: 28.8 x 10.7 x 24.3 Centimeters
3. Weight: 1.2 Kg
4. Warranty: 2 Years
1. Large non-stick grilling plate can make up to 2 large size sandwiches at the same time
2. Heating plate opens to 90° for easy access
3. Automatic Temperature Control
4. Thermal fuse for extra safety
5. Power and Ready Indicator
1. Auto-switch feature switches off the product when the cooking is done.
2. Takes only 2:30 to 3:00 minutes to grill a pair of sandwiches.
1. Cord length could be more.
Types Of Sandwich Makers
There are two types of sandwich makers present in the market, such as four triangle sandwich maker and panini press maker.
1. Four Triangle Sandwich Maker
You can understand by the name itself. This type of sandwich maker comes with four triangles which are inside the plates. This will let you have four similar-sized, equally cooked sandwiches.
2. Panini Press Maker
The panini press makers are also known as the sandwich grill. They are the simplest and easiest sandwich maker.
These come with threaded channels on each of the plate’s side. It uses the pressing method and then heats it to give it a proper taste.
Both these types of sandwich makers are great. However, a panini press maker is an ideal choice if you are a busy person but still have cultural as well as gastronomic taste.
On the other hand, if you want to make sandwiches super fast, then go for the four triangle sandwich maker.
Sandwich Maker Buying Guide
The size of the sandwich maker determines how big the size of the sandwich will be.
Usually, a four triangle sandwich is generally the four loaves sized to have eight normal-sized slices of bread in four quadrants. Whereas, the other type means the panini grill has different sizes.
According to your requirements, you can choose the size of the sandwich maker you want. For a backyard party, you can always opt for the bigger ones, whereas for the family purpose a normal size will do.
2. Temperature and Heating Zone
There are thousands of models available in the market and not all come with an adjustable temperature. If you can adjust or control the temperature, it will help you cook different types of sandwiches.
Usually, panini press sandwich makers come along with a temperature adjustment option. With the help of this, you can easily control the temperature of the heating element.
However, the best thing about this kind of panini sandwich maker is that they can cook other food items such as burgers, hot dogs, as well as falafel.
On the other hand, the most important thing to consider apart from the temperature control is the heating zone and the heating element. It will help you to tune the temperature but will also let you know where the heat should be dropped.
Thus, you should opt for a sandwich maker that has equal heating zones, which are uniformly divided to cook each plate of food well. As a result, you won’t need to have a cold part of the sandwich.
3. Nonstick Inside Plates
One of the factors that I usually see users avoid checking is whether the sandwich maker has nonstick plates. However, according to me, it is one of the most critical factors to look for in a sandwich maker. This makes sure the sandwiches are less oily and crispier.
A slice of bread might not stick on the surface of the sandwich maker, but we can’t vouch for other ingredients. We usually use a lot of different ingredients apart from bread while making a sandwich such as vegetables, mayonnaise, cheese, etc.
All these may stick onto the surface of the sandwich maker. Thus, having nonstick coated inner plates is a must. This will prevent those ingredients from sticking onto the surface of the material. Hence, you must look for a sandwich maker that has a nonstick coating.
4. Total Capacity
Yes, I know that the four triangle sandwich maker might attract your eyes but be a little bit more lateral thinker. Think of having the right size panini press device which will let you make five sandwiches at a time when compared to the other type of maker.
Thus, before buying a sandwich maker, you must be calculative. If you are a single person, then you can always opt for a regular panini maker or a small four triangle sandwich maker.
For a medium-size family, you should go for the large four triangles one. And lastly, for the bigger families, opt for the large size panini press makers.
5. Speed Of Operation
Remember, you are opting for a sandwich maker to make your job easier as well as faster. Thus, apart from being easy to use, you should opt for a device that provides you with a quicker operation.
An ideal sandwich maker comes with a decent speed of operation, which gives you quality sandwiches without burning them or making them taste bitter.
Sandwich makers are easy to use. The device comes along with cool technology, which helps to prevent your sandwich from getting burnt. Furthermore, it is easy to clean and maintain and with cool touch technology, it is even easier.
7. Cord Length and Power Consumption
Look for the sandwich makers that come with high power as they are easy and quick in operation. On the other hand, cord length is yet another factor to look into.
Usually, they come with a 1-meter cord length, which is okay to use but smaller than that can be an issue. You may face difficulty while using a product with a small c0rd. Hence, you must check the cord size.
8. Easy to Clean Body
One such important factor to consider while having a sandwich maker is to see how easy the cleaning process is. Most of the manufacturers mainly concentrate on the quality of the sandwich maker, how tasty it can cook the food but usually don’t look for the cleaning usage.
You should opt for the nonstick ones as they are easy to clean.
9. Drip Tray and Grill Plates
While you are looking for a sandwich maker, you must check whether it comes with good quality grill plates or not. The ones which are easy to detach are the best. They will make the procedure comfortable, and you can drip the oil into any other tray.
Generally, a panini maker comes with grill plates that are made up of glass, cast iron, nonstick Teflon, ceramic materials. On the other hand, the ones that come with drip trays are great to hold the grease, fat, oil or any other residue material.
Last but not least is to consider the price of the sandwich maker. Considering all the factors mentioned above, I am sure you will have a lot of options right now in your hand.
You may find several different brands coming up with sandwich makers. However, choosing one without checking all the factors is just the most stupid thing you can ever do. You should keep a budget in your mind and then look for all the factors you want in your sandwich maker.
This will surely help you in choosing the best product for yourself.
Benefits of a Sandwich Maker
A sandwich maker is something more than what you think of. It helps you with cooking some exceptional delicious food items. Here are some of the benefits of the sandwich maker:
Usually, sandwich makers can make great quality as well as tasty food items. They ensure that all the nutritional value of the food items are present even when the item is cooked.
2. Perfect Sandwiches
While making sandwiches at home, we tend to make an uneven shape or soggy or little burnt ones. However, if you use a sandwich maker, you don’t need to worry about all these. You will get properly shaped, sturdy sandwiches.
3. Easy to Use
A sandwich maker is easier to use than most other kitchen appliances. You need to place the slices of bread onto the nonstick plate and press the button. And you will have grilled and tasty sandwiches at home quickly.
4. Fast Cooking
Just by putting slices of bread and pressing that single button, you can cook sandwiches within a short time.
5. Varieties of Preparation
As I told you that a sandwich maker could make a lot of food items apart from just sandwiches, they can make your burgers, hot dogs, and a few other dishes as well.
These are the top 10 best sandwich makers in India from which you can opt according to your requirements. It won’t be easy for you to decide which product to buy, but you can go through the buying guide to understand all the factors you should look for while buying a sandwich maker.
However, if you are still confused, you can comment down your queries below, and I will be more than happy to help you out.