With the fast pace of life in today’s world, nobody gets the time to prepare rotis as well as other food items. People stay away from their home due to job or education and as a result, misses the home-cooked rotis or parathas.
However, now you can have the tasty as well as fluffy rotis with the roti makers available in the market. It gives you perfect round rotis or chapatis.
Moreover, you can now make a huge quantity of rotis within a very short span of time with the roti maker. It saves gas as well as consumes less power. Thus, it is power saving as well as energy saving.
But, with so many models available in the market, it can confuse you. Well! You no need to worry, as I have written a buying guide as well as listed the top roti makers in India below. This will surely help you in choosing the best roti maker in India.
So, what are you waiting for? Go through the article below and start your shopping right away!
Table of Contents
- These are the Top 10 Best Roti Makers in India 2021:
- 1. Prestige PRM 1.0 Roti Maker
- 2. BAJAJ VACCO 900W “Go-Ezzee” Non-Stick Chapati Maker C-02
- 3. Prestige PRM 3.0 900-Watt Roti Maker
- 4. Sunflame RM1 900-Watt Roti Maker
- 5. Prestige PRM 2.0 1200-Watt Roti Maker
- 6. Libra Athena Roti Maker
- 7. Eveready RM1001 900-Watt Roti Maker
- 8. Prestige PRM 5.0 900-Watt Roti Maker
- 9. Prestige PRM 4.0 Roti Maker
- 10. Pigeon 12376 900-Watt Roti Maker
- Roti Maker Machine Buying Guide
- Why Should You Choose A Roti Maker?
- How To Make Fluffy Rotis Using A Roti Maker?
- Final Talk
These are the Top 10 Best Roti Makers in India 2021:
1. Prestige PRM 1.0 Roti Maker
1. It has a compact design.
2. This comes with a DEMO CD.
3. It has a 1-year warranty.
4. It has a plastic bottom.
1. The product comes with a high-quality handle. It has a sturdy body with a plastic bottom. This ensures longer durability.
2. It comes along with an adjustable temperature setting knob. This provides you with easy operation.
3. There is a power indicator as well to provide extra safety.
4. This has a shockproof body as well as a non-stick coating to ensure you get properly cooked rotis.
1. It has no such safety feature.
2. The upper lid heats up.
3. It has a small plate.
2. BAJAJ VACCO 900W “Go-Ezzee” Non-Stick Chapati Maker C-02
1. It is easy to use.
2. This is time efficient.
3. It comes with auto temperature cut off.
4. This has a Demo CD.
1. It comes with a sturdy outer body to ensure longer durability. There is a non-stick Teflon coating to provide perfect rotis.
2. The product is light in weight and comes handy for making fluffy rotis during a family gathering or an occasion.
3. It comes with a heat resistant lifting handle to ensure additional safety. This has an ABS plastic handle to keep a cool touch.
4. This comes with a year warranty period along with a stainless steel body. The stainless steel body makes it good to work with as it is rust-proof.
1. It is expensive.
2. Roti texture is a concern.
3. Prestige PRM 3.0 900-Watt Roti Maker
1. It has a fibre plastic body.
2. It has stainless steel premium quality.
3. This comes with a year warranty period.
4. It consumes 900 watts power.
1. The product comes with stainless steel material to provide longer durability. It has a good quality griddle with a non-stick plate to provide you with even rotis.
2. It comes with a temperature control knob to provide easy operation. You can select the temperature according to your needs.
3. There is a cool-touch handle to provide real safety to your hands. It consumes only 900 watts which makes it power saving as well.
4. It comes with a year warranty period and thus, you can use it without any hassle.
5. This model is good for small or medium sized Indian families. You can try out the product if you have a family of 3-5 members.
1. It is not good for large families.
4. Sunflame RM1 900-Watt Roti Maker
1. It has a stainless steel body.
2. It comes with a power indicator.
3. This has a bakelite handle.
4. It comes with a year warranty.
1. The Sunflame RM1 900-Watt Roti Maker comes with a sturdy body having a non-stick coated plate. This provides durability as well as safety.
2. The product comes with easy to clean as well as an easy to use operation. It ensures you can use the product without worrying much about the quality of the rotis.
3. It comes from a well-known brand the Sunflame. This provides you with an assurance of good quality product as well as healthier rotis.
4. It is one of the best budgets pick to opt for
1. It heats up excessively.
2. It is not user-friendly.
5. Prestige PRM 2.0 1200-Watt Roti Maker
1. It has power indicators.
2. It comes with an adjustable temperature knob.
3. This has a shockproof base.
4. It has a non-stick coating.
1. The product has a 12-inch diameter plate which is sufficient for a large family as well. It consumes only 1200 watts.
2. It has a premium quality non-stick coating to ensure the dough is not sticking to the plate. And it gives you fluffy rotis to eat.
3. The product has power indicators which indicate red light in case the roti maker is on for a longer period of time. There will be a green light indication in case the base is still heating and it turns off once the base is ready to use.
4. It has a compact design and takes less space as well. This comes with a power cord and suits every kitchen interior.
5. It comes with an adjustable temperature knob to ensure you work with the temperature you require.
1. The cooking process is slow.
6. Libra Athena Roti Maker
1. Light Indicator
2. Non-Stick Surface
3. Energy Efficient
4. Boon To Working Housewives
1. The product comes with only 975 watts consumption which makes it low. It is highly efficient in making fast rotis with great power.
2. The roti maker allows the rotis to have thickness around 1-2mm. This makes the product to be much efficient for soft and fluffy rotis.
3. It comes with nonstick coating. So even if the dough is a bit wet, you will not have to worry about cleaning. Simple scrubbing will do the job for you.
4. The Libra Athena Roti Maker comes with a 1-year manufacturer warranty. This ensures that you can also get a great after sales service.
5. It has safe bakelite handles. So if you need to flip or to hold the roti maker, it becomes ergonomic. It is easy and also less time-consuming at the same time.
1. There is no manual present with the Libra Athena Roti Maker.
7. Eveready RM1001 900-Watt Roti Maker
1. Dual Heating element
2. Easy Large Handle for effortless operation
3. Non-Stick coated plates
1. The product comes with a stainless steel body. It also ensures that the heat distribution is equilibrium in all the parts of the roti maker.
2. It comes with indicator light. This indicates you when the maker is ready to let in the next dough. Also, it alerts when the dough is pressed to a roti.
3. It has easy press handle which ensures that the pressure is the same in all the parts. Thus, you can make chapati, thepla, and uttapam easily.
4. You can get a 2-year manufacturer warranty along with the Eveready RM1001 900-Watt Roti Maker. There are also service centres available for fast service across the country.
5. The product only consumes 900 watts power. So you can save your electricity bill even if you are using the roti maker for a long time.
6. The body is completely shockproof and also attractive in design. It comes with multiple features in just a single package.
1. The price is a bit high.
8. Prestige PRM 5.0 900-Watt Roti Maker
1. It has a unique curved surface.
2. This has a stainless steel body.
3. It comes with an adjustable temperature knob.
1. It is made up of premium quality stainless steel to ensure durability. This has a nonstick coating plate to provide you with fluffy, soft rotis every time.
2. Apart from rotis, you can make thepla, omelette, uthappam, pancakes as well using this roti maker.
3. It comes with power indicators for much convenient use. This has an adjustable temperature knob to set the temperature according to your needs.
4. This product has shockproof as well as sturdy body to ensure 100% safety.
1. The cooking is slow.
9. Prestige PRM 4.0 Roti Maker
1. It has vertical storage.
2. It is from a reputed brand.
3. This has a shockproof body.
4. It has a winding power cord.
1. The Prestige PRM 4.0 Roti Maker has a sturdy as well as compact body to suit any kitchen interior. It has vertical storage to ensure it takes less space.
2. The product has a shockproof body to ensure durability as well as safety. It is made up of high-quality plastic to offer a sturdy device.
3. It comes with an adjustable temperature knob along with power indicators to provide you with convenient use.
1. It has only a year warranty period.
10. Pigeon 12376 900-Watt Roti Maker
1. It has power indicators.
2. This has vertical storage for less space.
3. It consumes 220-240Volts.
4. It comes with a year warranty.
1. The product comes with a sturdy body as well as a nice colour combination to give the best look to your kitchen.
2. It has an 8-inch nonstick coating plate to ensure your roti is not sticking to the plates. This gives you the soft, fluffy rotis.
3. The product comes with power as well as a ready light indicator. There is a red light to indicate in case the device is on and a green light indicates the product is still heating. Once, the device is ready to use, it turns off.
4. It consumes 900 watts which makes it power saving as well as pocket-friendly.
1. It is not good for big families.
Roti Maker Machine Buying Guide
1. Types Of Roti Maker
a) Automatic Roti Maker
If you are too busy or lazy to do even a little bit of work and want assistance, then the Automatic Roti Maker is the ideal option for you. All you need to do is to add all the ingredients and start the machine.
Sit back and enjoy seeing fluffy as well as soft rotis ready to be served for the dinner. These are completely automatic.
One of the biggest advantages is that it not only makes roti but all serves different kinds of bread.
b) Electric Roti Maker
An electric roti maker has two heated plates to press each other and cook rotis for you. It is one of the common types of roti maker you will find in almost every Indian kitchen.
2. Griddle Material And Size
The other name for griddle is ‘tawa’. Indian people commonly called the griddle as Tawa. It is made up of aluminium to ensure even heat distribution.
Moreover, the product should be non-stick and thus, you no need to use a huge amount of oil. If you want to make the best rotis to impress your relatives as well as family members, you must opt for an 8 to 10 inches tawa sizes.
You can also opt for a tawa based on the number of people you have in your family. There are a few griddles with good quality will make rotis faster than others. Thus, you need to choose the griddle size as well as material wisely.
3. Nonstick Coating
Having a roti maker with a non-stick coating on both the lid as well as the tawa is very much crucial. It ensures your rotis don’t stick on the lid or griddle.
As a result, you will get the perfect rotis without using a drop of oil.
4. Non-Heating Handle
One of the most important feature to look for is a non-heating handle. Having an insulated handle will ensure a lot more safety. There is less or no chance of getting burnt from it.
5. Temperature And Power Usage
To achieve the best result, the roti maker of cooking surface must reach at least 425 degrees Fahrenheit.
A roti maker consumes very less power and thus, it is known as the most economical appliances out there. However, you need 10-inch tawa or griddle to suffice the need for a medium-size family. It consumes 1000 watts.
While you think of buying a roti maker, you must consider the budget factor in your mind. However, the price of the roti maker equates to the quality it offers.
I would suggest you not to fall for cheaper ones, as this might cost you more in the longer run. A cheap quality roti maker may not give you the best result for you.
However, to balance out everything, you need to have a good quality product from a reputed brand.
7. Brand And Service
When you are opting for a product, you need to keep in your mind to have a product from a reputed brand only. Brand value is always greater than anything else.
Having a roti maker from a reputed brand will allow you to work without any tension. You will have good after-sales service.
There are a lot of service centres for reputed brands. Thus, it will be easy for you to deal with all the problems related to the roti maker.
Even if you are buying a product from a lesser-known brand, then ensure it has good service.
8. On/Off Indicator Light
One of the most important factors of a roti maker is to have an on/off indicator light. It provides you with additional safety by indicating you whether the device is on/off.
This helps you to stay assured that your roti maker is safe as well as you stay away from an unwanted accident and power surges.
9. Shockproof Body
A roti maker must have a shock-proof body. This ensures your safety as you are going to use it on a regular basis. It also increases the durability of the product.
If you are investing your hard-earned money on something, you must ensure you have a hassle-free use. Everything comes with a limitation and roti maker is no exception.
A roti maker with a good warranty period will assure you have a relaxing usage of it. Generally, a roti maker from a reputed brand comes with 1-2 years of the warranty period.
Why Should You Choose A Roti Maker?
1. Time Saver
Roti makers are truly a time saver. It takes a lot less time to make a bulk amount of rotis. Whereas, it takes a lot of hard work as well as time to make handmade rotis.
This feature lets us relax and enjoy soft rotis. It ensures easy operation and allows us convenience.
Having a roti maker ensures you of having good quality rotis with fine taste. It gives a finer texture of the rotis.
4. Much Healthier
Rotis using a roti maker are much more hygienic as well as evenly cooked. It makes the rotis healthier to eat and digest.
5. Cleaner Roti
Using the roti maker, you can have cleaner roti when compared to the hand made rotis. The rotis from roti maker are usually soft and have less or no intervention as well.
6. Energy Saver
Since roti makers are almost automated, there is no less energy consumption. As a result, it is energy-saving as well as budget-friendly.
How To Make Fluffy Rotis Using A Roti Maker?
To have deliciously tasty rotis, you need to use a good quality roti maker. However, the secret of making fluffy, soft rotis is to use a teaspoon of oil in the roti maker. This will make sure your dough has a soft texture to it.
Here is how to make fluffy, soft rotis using a roti maker:
1. Add a few drops of warm hot to the surface of the wheat flour.
2. Now keep it aside for 30 minutes.
3. Don’t add more flour while flattening the dough.
2. Hot water.
3. Salt according to your taste.
4. Wheat flour of 3 cups.
1. Take the wheat flour on a big bowl.
2. Now add a few pinches of salt according to your taste.
3. Pour the hot water and keep it on rest for 30 minutes.
4. Now combine all the ingredients together to create a soft dough.
5. Put the dough on the roti maker and then, close the lid. This will flatten the dough forming roti.
6. Leave the dough there until all cooked.
I am happy you have read this far starting from the buying guide to reviews. However, before buying a product just like that, you must consider all the points above to get your hands on the best roti maker in India.
All the products on my list are of top quality as well as of high performance. You can choose a product according to your needs. A good quality roti maker will give you the best possible service.