Food is the most important thing to stay alive. And rice is something which almost every Indian likes to consume daily. An electric rice cooker will provide you with perfect consistency and an evenly cooked batch of rice.
It is an easy way to make a good amount of rice at one go. With this innovation, you can now cook rice without any hassle. You should not miss the opportunity to opt for a good quality electric cooker as it adds convenience to your daily kitchen chores.
However, there are so many options already available in the market which may confuse you. Thus, you can go through my list of top 10 best rice cookers in India and as well as the buying guide to get yourself the best.
Table of Contents
- These are the Top 10 Best Electric Rice Cookers in India 2020:
- 1. Panasonic SR-WA18 E 4.4-Litre Automatic Rice Cooker
- 2. Prestige Delight Electric Rice Cooker Cute 1.8-2 (700 Watts)
- 3. Prestige PRWO 1.8-2 700-Watts Delight Electric Rice Cooker
- 4. Prestige Delight PRWO 1-Litre Electric Rice Cooker
- 5. Prestige PMC 2.0 Multi-Cooker
- 6. Panasonic SR-WA22H(E) 5.4-Litre Automatic Rice Cooker
- 7. Panasonic SR-WA10 450-Watt Automatic Cooker
- 8. Prestige PRWO 1.5 500-Watt Delight Electric Rice Cooker
- 9. Bajaj Majesty RCX 1 Mini 0.4-Litre Multifunction Rice Cooker
- 10. Panasonic SRW-A18 CMB ES 660-Watts Rice Cooker
- Types Of Rice Cookers
- Rice Cooker Buying Guide
- Advantages of Rice Cookers
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Final Talk
These are the Top 10 Best Electric Rice Cookers in India 2020:
1. The product has an auto-cooking feature.
2. This has a cooking tray.
3. It has a steel lid.
4. The product is quick in cooking rice.
5. This has a capacity of 4.4 litres.
6. It comes with a year warranty period.
1. If you are looking for a rice cooker to enhance your cooking experience, then what can be a better choice than the Panasonic SR-WA18 E 4.4-Litre Automatic Rice Cooker? It is a reliable product from the brand of Panasonic. I found it to be a fantastic product and have personal experience as well.
2. This Panasonic device comes in a white-coloured body which is made up of high-quality material. It can be an ideal option for the ones who don’t want to compromise on their health and still have an easy way to cook rice. It comes with a capacity of 4.4 litres, which is fantastic for larger families in India. You can serve a good amount of rice at one go and is great for a get-together.
3. The rice cooker comes along with auto-cooking feature which enables you to cook an evenly cooked batch of rice without burning it. It will automatically shift to the warmer mode once the cooking process is over. This will keep the rice warm for a longer time. Furthermore, you can do all your other works while your rice is cooking. There is no need to monitor rice all the time.
4. With this product, you will get a steel lid, which is further anodised. This will ensure the steam is preserved within the cooking tray. As a result, the rice will be cooked within a short time. The lid is transparent, and thus, you can monitor the cooking procedure while the process is on.
1. No cons found.
1. It comes with insulated interiors.
2. This has a capacity of 1.8 Litres.
3. It consumes 700 Watts of power.
4. This comes with a water level indicator.
5. This has a close fit lid.
6. It comes with a measuring cup.
7. This has an automatic cooking feature.
1. If you are looking for a rice cooker or any home or kitchen appliances, you can’t avoid the brand Prestige. The Prestige Delight Electric Rice Cooker Cute 1.8-2 (700 watts) is one such amazing product. You can rely on this fantastic rice cooker for cooking a perfect batch of rice.
2. With the help of this device, you can cook several other dishes such as idlis, porridge, steamed veggies, and so on. There are multiple cooking options which make this rice cooker a versatile one. This has a capacity of 1.8 Litres and comes with a year of the warranty period.
3. The product further comes along with an automatic cooking option, which allows you to cook food automatically. It will keep the cooked batch of rice warm for a longer period. The best part is that it will automatically turn on the keep warming feature once the cooking is done.
4. The product consumes a power of 700 Watts, which is great for quick cooking. It is efficient enough to cook a batch of rice evenly by distributing heat uniformly. The outer body of the product is heat-proof, and thus, it enhances the safety of the device.
1. It cooks slowly.
2. Rice may stick at the bottom.
1. It has auto-cooking feature.
2. The product has a capacity of 1.8 Litres.
3. The interiors are insulated.
4. It consumes a power of 700 Watts.
5. This comes with a 1-year warranty.
1. If you are looking for a rice cooker from a reputed brand, then you can’t avoid Prestige. It is an Indian brand known for making amazing quality kitchen and home appliances. The Prestige PRWO 1.8-2 700-Watts Delight Electric Rice Cooker is one such product to rely on completely for having an evenly cooked batch of rice.
2. This rice cooker has a power consumption of 700 Watts. It is suitable for fast and effective cooking. You can have enhanced safety with this amazing device. This is because the product has insulated wall and further the exteriors are heat-proof. Thus, this product can be the perfect choice for you.
3. The rice cooker comes along with an automatic cooking feature which helps to turn off the machine once the cooking process is done. It will further shift into the food warmer mode to keep your food warmer for a longer period. As a result, it will make sure the rice is not overcooked and neither undercooked.
4. With the help of this rice cooker, you can also cook other items such as porridge, idlis, steam fruits and vegetables. There are multiple cooking options which make this an amazingly versatile product. It has a capacity of 1.8 Litres, which is a pretty decent one for a joint family.
1. It is not for heavy-duty cooking tasks.
2. Pan volume is a little smaller.
1. It comes along with a control switch.
2. This has a power consumption of 300 Watts.
3. It comes with a capacity of 1 Litre.
4. This has an auto keep warm option.
5. It comes with a 1-year warranty.
1. Are you looking for a rice cooker which has a compact size and is suitable for smaller families? Then the Prestige Delight PRWO 1-Litre Electric Rice Cooker is just amazing rice cooker to opt for. This comes from a brand Prestige, which is a reliable one. Thus, you can rely on this fantastic model.
2. With this rice cooker, you can also make other food items such as soup, steam vegetables, make idlis, porridge, pulao, stew, etc. Thus, you can call it as a multi-purpose device.
3. The product further comes along with a strong, sturdy and durable body. This will eventually avoid causing any dents as well as prevent the damages to the cooker. There is a control panel as well, which lets you control and adjust the feature. There are options such as warm and cook. You can adjust them accordingly.
4. The handles are furthermore cool to touch. This allows us to use the cooker and carry it without any issues. The convenience level is increased due to this feature. There is a detachable power cord, which makes it easy to carry and makes the device portable enough.
5. This device comes along with a capacity of 1 Litre, which is suitable for a small family. There is a close fit lid which is made up of premium quality stainless steel.
1. The size is very small.
2. This doesn’t have a transparent lid.
1. It has a cool-touch handle.
2. This consumes a power of 600 watts.
3. It has a lid knob.
4. This has a removable power base.
5. It has a temperature control option.
1. The Prestige PMC 2.0 Multi Cooker can’t be denied when I am making a list of top rice cookers in India. This is a reliable product from the brand which has a good reputation for manufacturing kitchen and home appliances.
2. This rice cooker further comes along with a separate egg boiler which allows you to boil eggs. Furthermore, this is a versatile cooker which allows you to cook other items, boil milk, and water, brew soup, etc.
3. The product further comes along with a powder-coated body made up of stainless steel material. This is great for enhancing durability, and further is great for storing. It has a temperature control option which allows you to set the temperature from the minimum to a maximum.
4. With this rice cooker, you will further have additional accessories that will help you to have an enhanced experience. This comes with an extra egg boiler stain, which is detachable. There is a steamer bowl as well, which is very helpful for steaming food items.
1. It might not be durable enough.
2. There may occur some spillage.
1. It keeps the food keep warmer for a longer period.
2. This has temperature control settings.
3. It has auto-cooking feature.
4. It has a capacity of 5.4 Litres.
5. This has two years of warranty.
6. It consumes a power of 750 Watts.
1. If you are looking for a rice cooker which is suitable for large Indian families, then the Panasonic SR-WA22H(E) 5.4-Litre Automatic Rice Cooker is an ideal option you should opt for. This is a reliable product for cooking your rice while you are in a hurry.
2. This rice cooker can be used for multi-purpose, which is great for cooking other items such as steaming vegetables etc. Thus, it can be a good option in case you are looking for a versatile product and don’t want to invest in several products.
3. This product further comes along with a good capacity of 5.4 Litres. I feel it will be a great deal for the people looking for a rice cooker for large families. Now with this product, you can cook a good amount of rice at one go. This further comes with two years of warranty to make the usage hassle-free.
4. The best part which attracts me towards this rice cooker is that it can keep the food warmer for five long hours. Once the rice is cooked, it will automatically shift to the warmer option. Thus, there is no fear of burning the rice.
5. You can moreover set the temperature according to your cooking preferences. Once, the cooking of even batch of rice is done, it will turn off the machine.
1. Rice cooked may get a little soggy.
1. It comes with less power requirement.
2. This has an automatic cooking option.
3. It comes with two years of warranty.
4. The product consumes 450 Watts of power.
5. There is a capacity of 2.7 Litres.
1. Panasonic is yet another fantastic brand that is known for manufacturing some great and premium quality kitchen appliances. The Panasonic SR-WA10 450-Watt Automatic Cooker is one such fantastic product to look for while you are in search of a good quality rice cooker.
2. This cooker comes with almost every feature that a rice cooker should have, and the best part is that the maintenance cost is too low. Thus, it can be an ideal choice for everyone who loves to have a good batch of rice. It has two years of warranty, which makes sure that it will give you a hassle-free experience.
3. The product comes along with a decent capacity of 2.7 Litres, which is a great fit for a large or medium-sized Indian family. It is made up of high-quality premium material with an anodised aluminium cooking pan which ensures no sticking of rice at the bottom.
3. The outer body of this rice cooker is heat-resistant, and thus, the safeties are assured. It will not cause any harm or damage to your hands. This also makes the device durable enough for a longer term of use.
4. The product further comes along with an automatic cooking feature, which I feel is the best advantage of this device. It ensures to turn off the device once the food is cooked and ready to consume. This is efficient and has a stylish design, which makes your kitchen work easy.
1. There is no timer function.
1. It comes with a sleek control panel design.
2. This has an auto keep warm feature.
3. It has a capacity of 1.5 Litres.
4. The cooking pan is made up of aluminium.
5. It comes with a removable power code.
6. This consumes 500 Watts of power.
1. The rice cooker again comes from the brand Prestige, which is known for manufacturing premium-quality home as well as kitchen appliances. This Prestige PRWO 1.5 500-Watt Delight Electric Rice Cooker is one such fantastic product to opt for.
2. The product consumes a power of 500 watts. This is the reason it can cook rice quickly. It is energy efficient as well as provides power-packed performance.
3. The product has a stainless steel lid and comes along with a capacity of 1.5 litres. It is suitable for bachelors or small families. The sleek control panel is good for adjusting and controlling the device as per your needs.
4. The product comes along with a power cord, which is detachable. It makes the product travel-friendly. Furthermore, the cooking pan is made up of aluminium, which is great for enhancing durability.
1. The rice might get sticky at the bottom.
1. It consumes 200 Watts of power.
2. There is a bigger version for large families.
3. There is a transparent lid.
4. This has two years of warranty.
5. It has a cool-touch feature.
6. It has 0.4 Litres of capacity.
1. If you are looking for a kitchen and home appliances, then Bajaj can be a brand to look at. The Bajaj Majesty RCX 1 Mini 0.4-Litre Multifunction Rice Cooker is one such fantastic product from the brand.
2. It comes along with a capacity of 0.4 Litres which are sufficient enough for smaller Indian families. Along with this rice cooker, you will get a transparent lid which allows you to monitor the whole rice cooking process. You can see how well the rice is cooking inside.
3. Moreover, the product comes along with cool-touch handles, two in numbers. These handles will help you to lift the rice cooker without any issues. It will make sure that your hands stay safe and don’t get burnt once you pick up the cooker.
4. This device comes along with a fantastic look, compact and space-saving design. It becomes easy and convenient to use as well as carry. This is ideal for travelling purpose and quite portable. It further consumes a power of 200 Watts. Thus, it is energy efficient and pocket-saving, as well.
5. The cooker comes along with an easy interface. This is beginner-friendly, and you can operate it with no expert knowledge. All you need to do is just plug-in the product and turn on the process. And you are done.
1. The service is not excellent.
1. This device has an anodised aluminium cooking pan.
2. It consumes a power of 660 Watts.
3. This is an automatic rice cooker.
4. The product is light in weight.
5. It comes with two years of warranty.
6. This is highly energy-efficient.
1. The Panasonic SRW-A18 CMB ES 660-Watts Rice Cooker is yet another fantastic rice cooker which comes along with a compact size. It is space-saving in nature and fits into any kitchen interior and space. Thus, you can rely on this machine for cooking an even batch of rice.
2. With this rice cooker, you will get a capacity of 1.8 Litres, which I feel is great for a large family. This has a fantastic feature of auto turn off that allows the device to turn off automatically once the cooking process is done. Thus, you don’t need to stay awake for hours to monitor the rice cooking process.
3. The product is made up of ROHS material, which is also good-quality food plastic material. This has handles and lid, which are convenient enough to hold and use the rice cooker. It will make sure that your hands don’t get burnt.
4. This product can cook rice automatically within 20 minutes. You can cook pulao, biriyani, steam vegetables using this device. Thus, I would consider it as one of the best multipurpose rice cookers.
1. It has no basket for steaming.
2. The cooked rice may stick at the bottom.
Types Of Rice Cookers
1. Microwave Rice Cookers
This type of rice cookers is user-friendly and has a simple look to it. It uses the steam that is stored while the microwave is heated to cook the rice.
2. Conventional Rice Cookers
The rice cooker we use regularly or the ones you would find at almost every Indian kitchen is the conventional rice cooker. They come along with a cooking pot, steam tray, hot plate, and an external pot.
These type of rice cookers tends to depend on the heat plate as well as the timer it comes with to cook the rice. The sizes range has a great variety or further in detail I should say is that you may get three small cups to 60 large cups.
Thus, you can opt for this for a small family or even for a catering business or restaurants. Usually, this type of rice cookers doesn’t come along with a lot of features. However, the rice cookers are easier to use and can be used for both commercials as well as household purposes.
3. Micom Rice Cookers
I found that this type of rice cookers are the most complicated ones and also very expensive when compared to the others. They come with a microchip fitted along with the device. While the rice is getting cooked, it will regulate the heat at different stages of the process.
However, it may work well with other cooking tasks. They are again classified into
a) Micom With Induction Heating, and
b) Micom With Pressurized Induction Heating.
Rice Cooker Buying Guide
According to me, the most important factor to look for while purchasing a rice cooker is the capacity it offers. Capacity relates to the number of cups of uncooked rice that you will be able to cook at a time.
To get the correct capacity of the rice cooker, you need to be very much aware of the number of people you have in your family. If you have a small family of nearly 3-4 members, then you should opt for a rice cooker which can cook 5 cups of rice at once.
However, if you stay in a large family of size 6-8 or more, then you should opt for the rice cookers that come with 10 cups size.
2. Types of Uses
You must be thinking about what can be done with a rice cooker apart from just cooking rice. Right? For you, it must be effortless such as just putting uncooked rice and water and run the cooker.
But do you know that with the right choice of model, you can cook vegetables, steam them, cooked grains, etc.? Yes! You can surely do all these tasks with the appropriate model.
3. Even Cooking
Even cooking is a factor we all should consider while buying a rice cooker. You should know that a good rice cooker will surely cook an even batch of rice. The rice cooked using the rice cooker must be fluffy, starting from the centre to the edges.
You won’t want a batch of soggy, undercooked rice after investing your hard-earned money on a rice cooker. In that case, you must look for a rice cooker that provides you with an even batch of cooked rice without much delay.
After a tiresome day, you must need some rest, and it is obvious not to feel like cooking rice. With a rice cooker, you can quickly prepare the rice within just a few minutes.
Usually, cooking rice in a stove takes a lot of time, but the rice cooker will do it quite fast. We tried to keep the models which come with the maximum speed.
5. Quick Cook Setting
If you always stay on a rush, then you must be wanting an option that would cook the rice faster. With some premium models, you will get a fantastic feature of the quick-cook setting.
With the help of this feature, you can quickly cook the uncooked rice for faster consumption.
6. Ease of Use
A rice cooker is easier to use. But you should know why. Just check the below points to understand why it is easy to use a rice cooker.
a) This has labelled controls, which makes working easy.
b) The device is easy to clean and comes with a non-stick bowl.
c) Storing as well as carrying the rice cooker is easier as it has a removable cord.
d) The rice cookers usually come with large handles, which makes it easy to lift.
7. Plastic Paddle
What can be a great tool other than a plastic paddle which comes with a rice cooker? It is a fantastic tool which will scoop out the rice that too without removing the coating of non-stick material. This way, your cooked rice will stay proper and perfectly fluffy.
8. Lid Type
Lid type is yet another factor that you should look for in a rice cooker. It ensures no spillage of water. And also the safety of the device.
The sealed type of rice cooker is hard to clean. They are there to avoid any spatter on the benchtop, and there won’t be any noise.
If you are looking for a cheaper version of a rice cooker, then you can opt for this unsealed lid ones. They are a lot more affordable and are easy to clean.
These are transparent and have a glass lid which allows you to look at the cooking process.
9. Fuzzy Logic
You will find several models in the market that has an integrated fuzzy logic into the programming of the device. They come with a chip which can sense and then adjust the cooking as per all the cooking parameters.
10. Auto On/Off
There are rice cookers available in the market which comes along with an automatic turn on/off feature. This can be very helpful while cooking rice, as it will ensure no undercooking or overcooking.
This type of device will keep the rice warm for a longer period. But, keep in mind that with every brand and the device, the warming time may vary.
Users often forget to look at the warranty period given by the manufacturers. It is very much useful to look at that. Most of the rice cookers come along with one year of warranty. But, they usually last for more than a year.
Usually, keeping a budget in mind won’t disappoint you at all. It will help you to get the best according to your needs within your budget. There are so many models available in the market that comes with so many features within your budget.
There are premium models as well as the non-premium models which comes affordable and are of high quality. You can be assured of great qualities from the product listed above. If you want to invest more, you can opt for the premium models. Otherwise, there are a few good options from the affordable range.
Advantages of Rice Cookers
1. They are user-friendly than most of the microwave ovens. The chance of spilling is almost zero, and no excess rice will be cooked.
2. The rice cookers will make sure your cooked rice remains warm for a very long time. However, not opening the lid frequently will ensure further warming of the rice.
3. You don’t need to monitor or control the cooker while your rice is cooking. It will automatically turn off once the rice is fully cooked.
4. With the help of a rice cooker, you can have uniformly cooked rice. The rice won’t be undercooked and neither overcooked.
5. There are a few rice cookers that come with the option to cook several other types of rice, such as brown rice.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. Which is the best rice cooker in India?
There are so many brands already available in the market and are known for their excellent quality and performance. However, you should always opt for the brands that have a well-built reputation in the market and are known for manufacturing premium-quality kitchen appliances.
2. What else can a rice cooker cook?
A rice cooker can cook many things apart from just cooking rice. With the help of a good quality rice cooker, you can do things like steaming vegetables and meats, cooking hot cereals and soups, making beans and poached fruits, etc.
3. Can a rice cooker steam chicken?
A rice cooker can steam chicken. However, to your amazement, you can cook the entire chicken using a great rice cooker. But to get a good result of steaming, you should get a tray or a rack.
Using the steaming rack to cook the chicken or any other item will help you in the faster steaming process.
4. Does rice cooker boil water?
Boiling water using a rice cooker will boil it down until there is no water left. Once the water is boiled until the normal boiling point of 100-degree Celsius, the rice cooker will turn off automatically.
So these are the top 10 best rice cookers in India which you can opt for. I know it is hard to find a specific product according to your needs, but I am sure with the help of this guide and product reviews, you can get one for yourself.
Furthermore, if you feel confused or have queries in mind, then you can comment your questions down below without any issue. I will be glad to help you out.