Having bread and butter in your breakfast is the old fashion nowadays. People are looking for something new and tasty. Wouldn’t you love to have something crunchier, hotter, and more delicious?
If yes, then a toaster is the perfect device for you to opt for. However, you will find several models in the market from different reputed and non-reputed brands. This may confuse you while you shop for one.
Thus, I have thought to make a complete buying guide along with some top product reviews. Going through this article will surely help you in choosing the best toaster in India that suits your requirements.
Table of Contents
- These are the Top 10 Best Toasters In India 2022:
- 1. Philips Daily Collection HD2582/00 830-Watt 2-Slice Pop-up Toaster
- 2. Morphy Richards AT-401 4-Slice Pop-Up Toaster
- 3. Prestige PPTPKB 800-Watt 2-Slice Pop-up Toaster
- 4. Morphy Richards AT-201 2-Slice 650-Watt Pop-Up Toaster
- 5. Morphy Richards AT 204 2-Slice 800-Watt Pop-up Toaster
- 6. Philips HD4815/01 2-Slice 800-Watt Pop-up Toaster
- 7. Bajaj ATX 4 750-Watt Pop-up Toaster
- 8. Koryo 750W Pop-up Toaster
- 9. Bajaj ATX 3 750-Watt Auto Pop-up Toaster
- 10. Kelvinator KPT 2-Slice Pop-Up Toaster
- Toaster Buying Guide
- Safety Tips For Using A Bread Toaster
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Final Talk
These are the Top 10 Best Toasters In India 2022:
1. It is easy to clean.
2. The product is user-friendly.
3. It is ideal for small families.
4. There is an auto shut off option.
5. It consumes a power of 830 Watts.
6. The product has good build material.
1. The product comes from a very reputed brand in India, Philips, which is known for manufacturing good quality kitchen as well as home appliances. Thus, you can rely on this toaster to do the toasting job perfectly.
2. The product consumes a power of 830 Watts. Thus, I feel it will give you the perfect efficient performance. I feel it is just perfect for the morning rush you have. It will make the toasts within a few minutes.
3. What I like more is the eight browning options that it comes with. Thus, it becomes effortless for you to serve the toast according to your family members’ need. It comes with two slice options which are perfect for the small families in India. The slots are of different sizes and thus, you can toast both small or bigger size of the bread.
4. This toaster further makes crispy, soft toast for you. It makes the toast crunchier and great in taste. The product also comes along with a bun rack that is integrated with the device. It helps you to heat rolls, buns as well as pastries.
5. Furthermore, the product comes along with features to enhance protection and safeties. There are options such as defrost, reheat as well as a mid-way cancellation option which allows you to cancel the process in midway in case you want to make a change.
1. It is not suitable for large families.
1. It has Hi-lift bread removal.
2. This is suitable for large families.
3. It has a good grip.
4. The product is shockproof.
5. It has a durable body.
6. It comes with two years of the warranty period.
1. When it comes to a toaster, I prefer the brand Morphy Richards a lot. It is one of the most trustworthy brands available in India. You can rely on this product without a second thought.
2. With this toaster, you can efficiently serve a large family as it comes with a four-slice option. Thus, you can quickly toast four slices of bread at a time and serve it to your family.
3. This toaster further comes with an auto pop-up function which pops out the bread once the toasting process is done. Thus, you can do your other works while your toasts are getting ready.
4. The toaster is very efficient and high in performance as it consumes a power of 1400 watts. Thus, it performs quickly and very efficiently and makes sure your toast isn’t burnt.
5. This product further comes with a browning control regulator, which helps to deliver perfectly cooked bread as per your choice. You can control the browning of the bread as per your requirements.
6. The body is made up of high-quality plastic, which ensures the product is highly durable. I assure you will enjoy making toast using it.
1. The knob is of not so good quality.
1. The product is easy to clean.
2. It is a user-friendly product.
3. The product comes along with wide slots.
4. It comes with a crumb tray.
5. It is made up of high-quality plastic material.
6. This consumes 800 Watts power.
1. My next product comes from a very reputed brand, Prestige, which is known for manufacturing excellent quality kitchen appliances. It is made up of superior quality plastic material, and thus, the product is durable.
2. The product comes along with some fantastic features that make the device very much user-friendly. It consumes a power of 800 watts, and thus, I feel this product is energy efficient. This product furthermore is useful in doing the job perfectly.
3. What I like more is that the device comes along with a shockproof body, which is great for your safety. The product looks great and has a great balance or grip, which gives you a comfortable hold.
4. Moreover, the toaster comes along with a good quality heating element, which makes sure you can toast the bread slices perfectly. This won’t let your bread slices burn, and you can have perfectly browned pieces.
5. To make the cleaning process easy, the device comes along with a removable crumb tray. This makes sure you can remove the crumbs without any hassle making the cleaning process faster and effective.
1. The after-sales service isn’t excellent.
1. It comes with seven variable options for browning.
2. There is a high lift feature.
3. It is easy to clean and maintain.
4. This has an anti-slip feet design.
5. It is of good quality build material.
6. It comes with two years of the warranty period.
1. The product comes from a reputed brand in India, Morphy Richards. This product is reliable to work with. It can be one of the most efficient toasters in India.
2. The Morphy Richards comes along with all the desired features a toaster should have. It is has a great look and is made up of good quality material. The body has a cool-touch feature which prevents your hands from burning.
3. Furthermore, the product comes along with an anti-skid base, which is excellent for keeping the toaster at any place in the kitchen. This maintains the balance even at a slippery base.
4. The product consumes a power of 650 watts, which is excellent for a toaster to toast faster. This toaster is suitable for a small family and comes along with wider slots, which allows you to place small or even large size bread according to your needs.
5. The product further comes along with a cancel button which helps to save the electricity. What I like more are the seven adjustable browning controls which help to control you the browning of the bread.
6. The product further comes with an automatic pop-up-up option, which is excellent for the time-saving purpose. It comes with two years of the warranty period, which makes it a hassle-free use.
1. Heat control option may get slow at times.
2. It is not suitable for a larger Indian family.
1. It consumes a power of 800 Watts.
2. The product is suitable for small families.
3. It has a dust cover.
4. It has an attractive design.
5. The product comes with two years of the warranty period.
6. It is an automatic pop-up toaster.
1. The Morphy Richards AT 204 is a fantastic toaster from the brand Morphy Richards which may not be so famous, but gradually it is making its name in the market. This product is perfect for a small-sized family.
2. This product comes along with several features which makes it worthy of being in this list. It comes in an attractive design with a great colour combination of blue and white. This looks simple but has the potential to fit into any kitchen interior.
3. The product has a compact design and thus save space in your kitchen area. This device has an automatic controller which allows you to do your work while it is getting your toasts ready.
4. What I like more is that this product comes along with browning control option, which makes sure you can control the browning of the toast as per your needs. There is furthermore a dust cover to protect dust from getting inside.
5. The product comes along with a Hi-lift facility, which makes sure it becomes easy for you to remove the bread once the toast is made. With the two years of the warranty period, it makes sure you can work without any hassle.
1. It may not toast uniformly if not appropriately placed.
1. The product has an elegant design.
2. It has a hi-lift feature.
3. The product has an extended heating platform.
4. It consumes 800 Watts.
5. It comes with two years of the warranty period.
1. The product comes from the reputed brand, Philips, which is known for manufacturing excellent quality kitchen and home appliances. You can entirely rely on the product for toasting.
2. This product comes with two slice options, which are suitable for a small family. It means you can toast two slices of bread at a time.
3. The product further has an auto pop-up feature, which means you can work while your toasts are getting processed. It will pop up the bread once the toasting is done.
4. It consumes a power of 800 Watts. Thus, the performance is quite fast. The body is shockproof, which enhances safety. It has a durable body with an excellent compact design. This is space-saving as well.
5. This product comes along with three years of the warranty period, which makes sure you have assistance whenever there occurs a problem within the device.
1. The electric cord is small.
1. It takes less space.
2. This has a sturdy and compact design.
3. The product has an affordable price.
4. It can toast two slices of bread at a time.
5. It has two years of the warranty period.
1. This product is from a very well-known brand of Bajaj, which is known in the market for making good quality kitchen and home appliances. The toaster comes with some fantastic features which are beneficial for the ones who stay in a hurry all the time.
2. With the help of this toaster, you can quickly toast two slices of bread instantly with no hassle. This makes it an excellent buy for those who stay in a hurry in the morning.
3. This product comes along with five heating modes to make the toast you and your family members want. Thus, it is a great device to serve people according to their likings. However, I like the auto pop-up option of the toaster which pops out the bread as soon as the toasting is done. Thus, you can concentrate on your other works while your toasts are getting ready.
4. This product further comes along with a midway cancellation feature which lets you cancel the operation in the middle. Suppose, you started toasting but now willing to change the mode, you can use the above function to stop the process.
5. Furthermore, the product comes along with a removable crumb tray, which makes the whole cleansing process easy. It comes with two years of the warranty period to enhance security.
6. This product has a durable body made up of high-quality plastic. It looks simple and has a compact size; thus, it saves a lot of space in your kitchen.
1. Build quality seems poor.
2. There is no dust cover lid.
1. It has a Hi-lift option.
2. There is an auto-thermostat.
3. It comes with a removable crumb tray.
4. There are seven adjustable levels.
5. It has an auto cut-off feature.
6. It is incredibly light in weight.
1. If you are looking for a toaster that adds a class to your kitchen area, then the Koryo 750W Pop-up Toaster is just the perfect option for you. It has a red colour base and is light in weight. Thus, you can travel with it.
2. This product further consumes a power of 870 Watts, which makes it efficient for toasting faster.
3. It comes with an auto power-off feature that enhances additional safety. When the toasting process is done, the toaster will automatically turn off.
4. This product has a removable crumb tray, which makes the whole cleaning process easier. So opt for this product and have an easier way of toasting.
1. The length of the wire is short.
1. It is easy to clean and maintain.
2. The product has an anti-skid base.
3. It is user-friendly.
4. The product reheats as well as defrost options.
5. It consumes a power of 750 Watts.
1. If you are looking for a toaster for your office use, then your ideal option is Bajaj ATX 4. It comes from a reputed brand in India, Bajaj. Thus, you can rely on this product.
2. The product comes along with five heating options, which makes it easier for you to toast. With the help of this product, you can toast all kind of pieces of bread to serve your family members according to their own choices.
3. This toaster can toast two slices of bread at a time. The automatic pop-up feature is excellent for toasting saving the time. It will pop-up the bread once the toasting is done.
4. What I like more is that the product comes along with removal crumb tray. This makes it easy to use as well as clean. There is also a mid-way cancellation feature which lets you stop the function in case you want to change the settings.
5. The toaster has an ergonomic design and has a simple look which suits all the kitchen interior. This product is affordable and has a compact space-saving design. It comes along with two years of the warranty period, which makes it hassle-free to use.
1. The build material isn’t right.
1. It has a compact size.
2. The product has a simple look and design.
3. It consumes less power.
4. It can toast two slices at a time.
5. This has two years of the warranty period.
1. The Kelvinator has marked its presence in the market with the excellent quality kitchen and home appliances it has manufactured. Thus, it is completely justified to keep this toaster in this list.
2. The product consumes 6oo Watts of power, which is low and thus, energy-efficient. However, you need to wait a little bit longer to have the bread toast done. It can toast two slices of bread at a time. Thus, you can use it for a small Indian family.
3. This product further comes along with a pop-up feature which pops out the bread once the toasting is done. Thus, you can entirely rely on the product while you focus on other works.
4. Furthermore, the product comes with slices that can be lifted at a proper height, which helps to remove the toaster easily. There is a browning control regulator which enables you to control the browning part of your toast. This lets you serve the family members according to their desires.
5. There is a cancel button which lets you cancel a running process in between if you can to change the mode. This product further comes along with two years of the warranty period.
1. Build-quality isn’t great.
2. Toasts are not evenly heated.
Toaster Buying Guide
When it comes to buying a toaster in India, you must know certain things about the product. You should be clear on why you are buying the toaster, type of toaster you need, timer, browning control, number of slots, etc.
Here is a complete guide for you to get the best toaster according to your requirements.
1. Types of Toasters
We know that a toaster helps in warming the bread slice. They are further classified into three different types, such as conveyer belt toaster, pop-up toaster, and toaster ovens.
Here is a brief detail about the three categories which will help you to choose the one according to your requirements.
a) Conveyer Belt Bread Toaster
Are you looking forward to buying a toaster for commercial use? If yes, then the Conveyer Belt Bread Toaster is an ideal choice. These are mostly used in fast food shops, bakery shops, and pizza joints as well.
While the device is on, heat is produced at the bottom as well as the top and the belts stay on a motion. The belt end falls immediately into the feeder once the bread reaches out the end. You can take out the bread anytime you feel like consuming.
However, these are quite expensive and thus aren’t suitable for small homes.
a) It is big.
b) Suitable for commercial use.
a) It is expensive.
b) Not for home use.
b) Pop-Up Bread Toaster
The most common toaster that is used by most of the Indians at home is the Pop-Up Bread Toaster. They are suitable for use at home. These are also called as the automatic toaster where you need to put the bread slice vertically into the slots.
The toaster will perform the browning task once you switch the device on. The device consumes a power of 600W to 1200W. They are made up of materials such as plastic, metal, or copper.
a) It is affordable.
c) Has 2-4 slicing options.
a) It is not a multi-purpose device.
c) Toaster Ovens
If you are looking for a small toaster to do your regular toasting job, then the c) Toaster Ovens are your option. They are small in size and has a front door along with a detachable baking pan and wire rack.
To toast, you need to put the bread horizontally, and once done, the machine will shut off automatically. They can perform all the activities, unlike an electric oven, but the quantity is low. With this, you can toast your bread with several other toppings.
a) It is user-friendly.
b) Setup is easy.
c) It has an auto power-off mode.
a) It takes 4 to 5 minutes to crisp.
b) It consumes more power than the other two.
2. Size and Number of Slots
While you buy a toaster, an essential thing to consider is the size of the product. It helps you to understand the number of slots as well as the number of bread slices you can toast at a time.
Usually, a toaster comes with two slots where you can toast two slices of bread at once. However, there a few high-end models as well, which has 4 to 6 slots for a larger amount of toast at a time.
If you are willing to invest more, then you can opt for the four-slice toaster as they are the best available in the market. Two slot toasters are suitable for a family of 2-3 members.
3. Ease of Use and Cleaning
When you think of investing in a toaster, you must look out for options that come with easy controls. Usually, toasters have no complex controlling, but you should be careful enough to choose one.
You should also remember the factor that a toaster should be user-friendly so that anybody can make their bread toast without an issue.
Cleaning a toaster can be a mess if not done correctly. Your toaster should have a crumb tray, which will make it easy for you to smoothen down the device cleaning.
4. Browning Control
Another factor to consider while you shop for a toaster is the browning control option. It is the most crucial factor to look for in a toaster according to me.
With this factor, you can control the browning factor of the bread. It allows you to control the crispiness of the toast as well.
Remember, the more the browning power is, the heavier the toasting will be. With this, you can serve your family members according to their preferences.
5. Energy-Saving Option
I feel one should check for the energy efficiency of the product before buying it. This will give you a perfect idea of how many numbers of slots you can operate as per your needs.
For say, if you are willing to toast one bread slice, you will end up having browner on both sides. And obviously, you don’t want that. Thus, it is essential to have an energy-efficient toaster as it will reduce your electricity bill.
It is very much crucial for you to check the durability of the product. The longer the durability is, the better it can withstand any problem.
People often tend to believe that premium products come with longer durability, but this can not be true always. For longer durability, you need to check the product quality. The material here plays a significant role to enhance the durability factor.
7. Toasting Temperature
Do you know about the toasting temperature? Well! It is that temperature at which the bread toasting takes place. If your toaster doesn’t have a browning control option, then it is an ideal thing to check the browning of the bread slice.
But remember, the more, the browner bread you want, the more should be the toasting temperature.
8. Cool Touch Exterior
Isn’t it great to feel a cool touch while you are using the toaster for toasting? Well! In that case, it is mandatory for you to look for a toaster with the cool-touch exterior.
This makes sure that your hands don’t get a burn while you are working with your toaster for toasting a slice of bread. It is a great feature to have if you have children at your house.
The users avoid one of the essential factors which I see often is the warranty of the product. It’s always better to look at the warranty period offered by the manufacturers rather than shelling out some extra cash afterwards.
Usually, good quality toasters come along with a warranty period of 2 to 3 years. However, an extra year of warranty can save you a lot which is unmatchable.
Another significant factor to consider is the portability of the product. If you are buying a toaster for your house, then you should always check for the weight of the product.
If your toaster is light in weight, then it is always the best to have a lightweight toaster. Thus, it will be great for you to travel with the product according to your requirements.
Once you think of buying a toaster, you should set a budget on your mind. This will help you in getting the best within your budget. However, I suggest you not to opt for a device that doesn’t have quality just to fit your budget.
You can go through the list of products mentioned below to find out the best according to your needs and budget.
12. Cord Length
The cord length is yet another most important factor to consider, especially when it comes to electrical appliances. The short length of the cord isn’t a problem as you can use an extension cord.
However, for kitchen appliances, it is not valid. It can be a problem if the toaster doesn’t come along with a long cord. Thus, cord size matters a lot.
13. Additional Toaster Features
There are several features which you need to consider while you are opting to buy a toaster.
Here are some of the additional features which you can look to consider if you are willing to get a new bread toaster to get started.
a) Even Toasting
Try to look for a device which has even heat distribution to all parts of the bread. This means that the toaster supports even toasting and it is placed perfectly at the centre.
b) Cancel Button
Most of the toasters come with an emergency cancel button which can quickly stop toasting the operation. It is convenient in case of any short circuit or overheating problems in a toaster.
c) Reheat And Defrost Options
If you are often busy and willing to use the leftover food or quick tidbit from your refrigerator, then you need a toaster that has defrosting options.
Though it is not a standard feature for any toaster to have such an option, having such will give you a great advantage. With this feature, you can always reheat a cold slice of toast in just a few seconds.
The defrost option is ideally a great choice if the bread is frozen. It provides the bread with a proper amount of heat and then efficiently toasts it to perfection.
You do not have to wait for it to happen manually, let the toaster with defrosting feature do the job for you.
d) Crumb Tray
The specific use of a crumb tray is to collect the loose crumbs. To maintain food hygiene, you need to keep the toaster clean. While you make toast, many bread crumbs fall onto the base plate.
So having a crumb tray means that all the bread crumbs would be collected here and you can remove them easily.
Though most of the initial toasters did not use to have such a feature, it has become a standard feature for most of the toasters in the modern era. The basic function of the timer is to set the time within which you want your bread to be toasted.
So it remains crispy and without any extra burns. This feature helps you to get more control over the food you wish to make.
f) Progress Indicator
The Progress Indicator comes with a digital screen that indicates or even alerts the user to get a rough idea about the time, the temperature, and the estimations.
This helps you to get a rough idea about the slices and the time they require to get the toasting completely done. Though most of the toasters do not have this feature, it is evident that the devices with such functionality will be expensive.
g) Hi-lift Feature
The Hi-lift feature is a part of the safety attributes of any toaster. It is an ideal thing to have if your kids handle the toaster and you want to take care of them.
The Hi-lift feature works to give an extra pop-up push to the bread after the toasting is done. This helps the user to pick up the bread without getting your fingers burnt easily.
h) Bagel Setting
Bagel setting in a toaster means the presence of two different heating elements within the same toaster. A bagel is formed when a toaster toasts up the bottom half of bread while the top half receives the warmth.
Toasters with the Bagel Setting may be expensive to choose because of the two different heating temperatures present.
Safety Tips For Using A Bread Toaster
Toasters are becoming one of our daily used gadgets because of the busy lifestyle and also the crispy bread it results in giving out. Specifically, the primary function of the toaster is to speed up the process to save time.
However, most of us use the toaster without even knowing how safe it is or also are we using it with safety concerns? Here are some important factors and tips that you need to follow while handling a toaster:
1. Always try to buy an ISI certified toaster.
2. Do not attempt to cool the device after use. Let the toaster cool all by itself.
3. Before you start to crisp the bread slices, you must go through the instruction manual carefully.
4. You need to unplug the power adapter when the toaster is not in use.
5. Try to allow some air to pass through the toaster once you clean it. If you have used a wet cloth, leave it open to dry. However, avoid direct sunlight.
6. Try to keep the plug away from any source of water. This may lead to severe damages to the toaster if it contacts with any liquid agent while running.
7. Make sure that the bread toaster is in excellent condition. Do not run the device in a damaged condition and always ask for the technician to visit your home in such a case.
Try to opt for authorized service centres for permanent repair of any damaged parts.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. How am I supposed to clean the toaster?
You can clean the bread crumbs easily if you have a crumb tray. Before cleaning, make sure that the toaster is plugged off and it has cooled down. Try to use a dry cloth to wipe it off.
If there are stains, you can use a wet cloth. But make sure that the plug has no contact with water to avoid any short circuit. Make sure that the toaster is hygienic to use.
2. What kind of bread can be used to toast?
You can use any bread according to your choices. Most of the toasters can accommodate thin and fresh slices, which are easier to toast.
3. What is meant by browning control?
The browning control refers to the heating control of the toaster, which you can prefer to toast your bread accordingly. It generally depends on the amount of heat that transfers to the bread while toasting it.
The more heat the bread receives, the more brownish it becomes. So it is essential to have a browning control with your toaster.
4. How long can I use the toaster?
The toasters usually run for a long time, and there is no limit for working. However, the average life span of any toaster is around 5-10 years.
If you are using it daily, it may require more maintenance for better results. Make sure that the toaster is cleaned and you service the parts which help to maintain a long life of the toaster.
So these are the top 10 best toasters in India to look for. If you are confused, you can always check out the buying guide mentioned here.
Do you have any queries? Mention it down in the comment section, and I will be glad to help you out.