A food processor is a must-have kitchen appliance that can be used for multiple tasks such as slicing, grinding, chopping, kneading, mixing, and even juicing. I feel having a food processor will make kitchen work easier, time-saving and you don’t need to put much effort.
Usually, a food processor comes along with several attachments such as bowls, feed tubes, pushers, jars, etc. It is very much essential for you to choose a good quality food processor.
You can go through the reviews and buying guide below to acknowledge yourself. I am sure this article about the best food processors in India will help you in buying the best as per your needs.
Table of Contents
- Best Food Processors in India 2020:
- 1. Inalsa Easy Prep 800 W Food Processor
- 2. Usha FP 3811 1000 W Food Processor
- 3. Bajaj FX7 600 W Food Processor
- 4. Inalsa Inox 1000 W Food Processor
- 5. Usha 2663 600 W Food Processor
- 6. Usha FP 3810 1000 W Food Processor
- 7. Philips HL1661/00 700 W Food Processor
- 8. Inalsa Maxie Premia 800 W Food Processor
- 9. Morphy Richards Icon Superb 1000 W Food Processor
- 10. Wonderchef Nutri-Blend Compact 400 W Food Processor
- Buying Guide- Food Processors
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Final Talk
Best Food Processors in India 2020:
Be it grinding herbs and spices, kneading the dough, chopping vegetables, juicing, and so on, the Inalsa Easy Prep puts its hands up for every job.
1. The food processor has 800 watts powerful motor to do all shredding, chopping, and kneading jobs. So, you have to spend less time in the kitchen.
2. It is equipped with child lock safety function and overload protection. I found that it can beat cake batter and egg whites. Great for grinding meat and kneading bread dough.
3. The food processor comes along with a 1.4-litre main bowl capacity that is ideal for preparing large meals—so no need to stop as you can process a large amount of food in one go.
4. It comes with easy maintenance. The attachments can be cleaned up easily after use.
5. This has two speed setting with pulse function. You can use the pulse function to give an extra boost of power in case you need it.
6. The accessories that come along with the processor does some amazing jobs at their ends. It comes with two years of the warranty period as well.
1. It has an elegant design and looks very compact. I feel it is travel friendly.
2. This comes with easy to assemble accessories.
3. I found the product offers good atta kneading.
4. The cutting and the slicing is fast as well.
5. The performance is amazing and produces very low noise.
6. It comes with 100% pure copper motor 800 Watts powerful motor.
1. No container provided to keep the sharp cutting blades.
2. Little noisy considering it’s very small in size.
The Usha FP 3811 1000 W Food Processor is among the most popular food processors among several homemakers. This is because of the powerful performance and affordability. Quality-wise the product is just perfect and nothing to worry about.
1. The Usha FP 3811 comes with a powerful motor made up of 00% copper. It is very much efficient in chopping and kneading as well.
2. This product allows you to do 12 different applications. So, it is a multi-tasker and does the job of several appliances.
3. The product comes with three impact-resistant jars along with one food processing bowl. You don’t have to worry about the food preparation as the bowl size is quite good. Blending jar has 1.8 L capacity, bowl capacity of 3.5 L, 1.2 L of the multipurpose jar, and 05 L of chutney jar.
4. It consumes 230 Voltage and works with a motor power of 1000 Watts. So, performance-wise it is super fast.
5. This comes with two speed setting along with pulse premium black SS finish. It has an inbuilt storage drawer for blades and discs.
6. The spatula is of great quality and works fine, so as the whisker, spindle, and all other accessories that come with the product.
1. This has an amazing and compact design.
2. It comes with all high-quality attachments making it a sturdy processor.
3. Extremely powerful yet affordable.
4. Chopping is done effectively as well as the kneading is great.
5. It has five years of the warranty period on the motor and two years on the product.
1. People have faced warranty issues.
2. Customer service can be improved.
The Bajaj FX7 600 W Food Processor comes from a reputed Bajaj brand that is quite popular in the market and is known for its reliability. With this product, it is no surprise that they have made an excellent choice for the users to buy. It comes with multiple functions and very high in performance.
1. This has a three-speed setting with a pulse function that is great for momentary operation.
2. The polycarbonate and stainless steel jars are of supreme quality material.
3. It has a power consumption of only 600 watts and has a motor power of 18000 RPM. This will save you money, time, and effort as well.
4. It comes with 1.25 litres of the jar for liquidising purposes and 1 litre of the dry jar for grinding.
5. I like that the product comes along with 2-litre unbreakable polycarbonate processing bowl that too with a lid.
6. The product comes with LED indicators to indicate power on and off, along with the speed settings.
1. It has stainless jar and blades of good quality.
2. The design is sturdy and classic.
3. The product is highly energy efficient.
4. It has an interlock mechanism for safety.
5. This has LED indicators.
1. Some packaging issues were there.
The Inalsa Inox 1000 W Food Processor is yet again a super powerful food processor from the brand Inalsa. As you know by now that Inalsa manufactures great quality products for your kitchen help and house chores. This product is one such with a very powerful motor of 1000 watts.
If you are looking for a portable, super powerful and loaded with safety features food processor, then go for this one. Here I am going to talk about some of the amazing features it has got for you all.
1. The product comes with a super powerful motor made up of 100% copper. It works superbly fast and makes your kitchen works easier and smoother.
2. With the centrifugal juicer, it is easy for you to extract fresh juices from vegetables and fruits without putting in many efforts.
3. It comes with 1L of the dry or wet grinding jar, 1.5L of the blender jar as well as a 0.4L of the chutney jar. They are great for providing efficient performance at times when needed.
4. With this food processor, you will get the homogeneity, uniformity, and the consistency you require to makes delicious dishes.
5. It comes with a great design that looks classy and adds a class to your kitchen. This won’t allow you to spend a lot of time in the kitchen.
1. The product comes with 1000 Watt powerful motor that runs effectively and does multi-tasking which is great.
2. This product offers you with limited functions such as shredding, slicing, chopping, grinding, juice extracting, etc. Well! I love how the product helps in kneading the att dough.
3. It has a cord length of decent size around 1.1m and has 3 pins connector. What I like more is the wide feeder tube that fits large foods easily. So you can expect 100% performance efficiency with this.
4. The attachments are made up of top-notch quality. They do their job superbly so you will have no issues using them.
5. This product will save you your precious time as well as effort. It requires very less maintenance which is again a plus point.
1. Plastic quality should be improved.
2. Chopping blades could be sharper.
The Usha 2663 600 W Food Processor is one such appliance that can take care of your chopping, mincing, juicing, etc. all kinds of kitchen tasks. This comes from a very reputed brand in India known to manufacture great quality kitchen appliances.
This works on 600 Watts powerful motor and is great at every task allotted to it. Let me take you through some of the amazing features it possesses.
1. The product comes with separate whipper and overload reset switch.
2. This has three jars with flow breakers along with ten amazing attachments.
3. The blender jar with a fruit fitter is superb. It has an unbreakable bowl with lid.
4. It has a safety interlock switch so that everyone can use it.
5. It comes with a cord winding facility.
6. This has a three-pin plug with Earthing for safety purposes.
1. It has a classic white look with lid for all the jars.
2. This comes with a polycarbonate bowl with a lid that is unbreakable.
3. It has overload protection for motor safety.
4. Very much portable and saves on the electricity bill.
1. Product quality could be improvised.
2. The packaging looks flimsy.
The Usha FP 3810 1000 W Food Processor is yet another product from the brand Usha. It is equally efferent and gives a fantastic performance. This has a 1000 Watts powerful motor which ensures faster work.
1. This comes with a 1000 Watt copper motor. So, it is super fast and works efficiently.
2. It has 12 different applications along with that 13 attachments.
3. This has 3-speed settings and along with pulse setting as well.
4. It comes with one impact-resistant jar, two stainless steel jars, and one food processing bowl.
5. It has a bowl capacity of 2.4 litres, which is pretty good.
6. This product consumes 220-240 volts.
1. This looks super classy and compact.
2. The blades are super sharp and gives fine cut.
3. All the attachments are excellent and super effective.
4. This product is safe to use.
5. The chopping and grinding are great with this food processor.
1. The Atta kneading blade needs to be a little bigger.
If you love to buy products from the very reputed brand Philips, then the Philips HL1661/00 700 W Food Processor can be a great choice. It is very much reliable and worth investing in your money.
This delivers high performance with the 700 watts powerful motor. It is so much user-friendly that you can literally find it in every Indian kitchen.
1. The product comes along with a 700 watts powerful motor that helps in chopping,kneading, mincing, and other kitchen works. It saves your time and efforts a lot.
2. It comes with the powerChop Technology that will give you superior chopping performance. You can easily cut the hard as well as the soft ingredients due to the combination of cutting angle, sharp blades, and inner bowl.
3. With this food processor, you get to access 2-speed controlling options. You can adjust the speed as peryour needs to get the consistency and texture correct while cooking yporu favourite dishes.
4. It comes with 2 years of warranty period on the manufacturing defects. The after-sales service is really worth mentioning.
5. The food processor comes along with a decent cord length of 1.2 m.
6. This product comes along with small chutney jar, blender jar, atta kneading jar, mixing grinding jar, and juicer along with the blades.
1. It comes with a superb design that adds a classy look to the kitchen.
2. All the accessories are made up of top-notch quality and highly durable.
3. It is a very much user-friendly product with easy to use controlling options.
4. This is so compact in size that it makes no issue while storing. What I like more about this product is the very powerful motor that works efficiently in delivering high performance.
5. I found the base quite sturdy and potent enough to give you the support you need while kneading an atta dough.
6. The best part about this food processor is that all the accessories are dishwasher safe.
1. It is a tad bit on the higher price.
2. The packaging could be improved as per the price point.
If you are looking for a powerful food processor, then the Inalsa Maxie Premia 800 W Food Processor can be an ideal choice for you. Inalsa is known for manufacturing super powerful and good quality kitchen appliances and this one is no different.
This food processor comes with a super-efficient motor that runs on 800 watts. It does the kneading, chopping, mincing, juice extracting, and other works pretty well. You can have an amazing experience in your kitchen while using this product. Let me talk about some salient features now.
1. What I like about this food processor is that it runs for a continuous 30 minutes without hampering the performance. This is superb at the price point. You can do all your essential chopping, mincing works nicely.
2. It comes with PC blender jars that are superbly built so that they don’t break. This food processor comes along with 400ml SS chutney jar, 2.0L blender jar, and 1.0L SS Dry grinding jar.
3. The product comes with a super powerful 800 watts motor. It helps in doing the mixing, chopping and grinding work superbly.
4. With this product, you get the option of controlling the speed as per your convenience. It comes with 3-speed options which offer smoother performance.
5. This has a power LED light that indicates the turn on/off feature. The length of the cord is quite good with 1.5 meters.
6. This product has an excellent centrifugal juicer. It will help you to extract juices from fruits and vegetables. So, if you want to have fresh smoothies or juices, you can have with this one.
1. The product seems very sturdy and durable to work with heavy loads.
2. This comes with a powerful 800 watts motor to make your kitchen work smoother and quicker.
3. I love the 4 functional disc blades as they are great for grinding, mincing, chopping, and whisking. Even the kneading is quite great using this product.
4. It has decent cord length which is good for connecting anywhere you feel like.
5. The after-sales support is quite amazing, so there won’t be any issue contacting them.
6. I like the quality of the attachments it comes with. They are great at providing the best kitchen experience.
1. The device was shaking a bit as many customers have claimed.
2. It was a little difficult for grinding wet raagi.
The Morphy Richards Icon Superb 1000 W Food Processor is another fantastic food processor with all the necessary attachments. This brand is known for manufacturing excellent quality kitchen appliances. You can opt for this food processor if you want an all-rounder product within a fair price.
As we are talking about the product, let me take you through more details regarding the features it has to offer you all.
1. The product looks quite elegant and classy with glazing copper and black colour combination.
2. The citrus juicer works amazingly at taking out the juice from citrus fruits such as sweet lime, orange, malta, lemon, and many more.
3. I found the kneading process superb that helps in saving time and energy.
4. This comes with a Quadra flow technology that helps in perfect blending and grounding of the ingredients.
5. The centrifugal juicer works fantastically at extracting juices from vegetables and fruits.
6. It comes with four different jars: grinding jar, chutney jar, processing jar, and liquidising jar.
7. This runs on a 1000 Watts powerful motor. So you can expect super fast chopping and cutting, kneading, and mincing.
1. It comes with a powerful motor to make your work super fast.
2. This gives you 7 step slicing, or you have seven different portions to choose from, including variomatic slicing.
3. It comes with 11 different attachments.
4. It has seven unique jars with multiple functions.
5. This comes with six stainless steel blades.
6. It has two years of warranty on the product.
1. Some issues with the motor.
2. Packaging could be better.
The product is easy to run with just a single twist that makes it super user-friendly. Let me tell you about some of the salient features of this food processor.
1. The product has a compact and sleek design. It is light in weight and easily portable.
2. This is an all-in-one food processor that works effectively in grinding, chopping, making dough, etc.
3. The food processor comes with a 400 watts of superfast motor that operates at 22000 RPM. So, you can expect faster performance, yet it saves on your electricity bill.
4. It consumes a power of around 230V~50Hz and 400 Watts.
5. This comes along with four unbreakable jars that are made up of polycarbonate. These are highly durable and works superbly.
6. This is Chef Sanjeev Kapoor’s favourite brand for health and fitness.
7. You can enjoy hands-free operation with this super amazing food processor.
1. It comes with super sharp stainless steel blades.
2. This has an extra cover lid and sprinkler cap for storage and seasoning needs.
3. It is easy to clean and maintain.
4. This product has a user-friendly interface.
5. The product is light in weight and highly portable.
1. Packaging could be improved.
2. Very delicate to use.
Buying Guide- Food Processors
1. Safety Lock
A food processor usually comes with sharp blades, and if you are not using it with safety, it may cause a mishap. Several processors don’t start until and unless you attach all the attachments properly.
While in the market, you will find food processors with leakproof jars, mostly with rubber seals. They are great at preventing the leaking of wet ingredients.
2. Size and Purpose
If you want to make curries, do the slicing, and chop, you must opt for a mini processor. The manual processor would do the work for you.
And if you ask me, then for an Indian family with 4 to 5 members, a food processor with 8 to 10 attachments is just perfect. For handling small tasks, 1 litre of the bowl will be sufficient whereas with bigger families you will require to use 1-2 litres or bigger sized food processors.
3. Power and Speed
A food processor has to carry out several tasks, and each of them requires different input power. However, I found that the maximum force that a food processor requires is to mix the ingredients to create a dough.
So, if you are looking for a food processor to make the dough, then you must look for one with more than 750 Watts of power wattage. Usually, the power consumption of the product depends on the material and the capacity and will range anything between 450 Volts to 1000 Volts.
A food processor must have at least 2 to 3-speed settings available as per the normal standards. Most of the manufacturers nowadays come with at least three levels of speed control options.
Speed can vary according to the need of the ingredients you are mixing or as per the circumstances.
4. Types of Food Processor
a) Hand Operated
If you are looking forward to buying a food processor that is great for chopping vegetables such as onions, etc., then hand-operated ones are great. However, it requires a little extra effort in terms of manual work. On the other hand, they are great to use and clean.
They are usually small in size so that that storage won’t be an issue for you. I feel hand-operated food processors are great for chopping less quantity of food items.
The Full-sized food processors come with a high capacity of 9-12 cups. They are ideally the ones with the best performance according to the advanced features. Some of them can offer more than 23 cups.
Some of them also come with unique features like dough-hook, making it easier to mix pieces of bread. To be fair, they have multiple blades and discs which you can adjust according to the needs.
Generally, most full-sized food processors are long-lasting because of the powerful motors
c) Mini Food Processor
If you are looking forward to buying a compact food processor, then the mini food processor is your ideal choice. They are great for smaller families.
Using this processor, you can easily do several activities such as grinding, chopping, shredding, and mixing. But, it works in a few quantities.
People who stay alone and want to cook versatile dishes on their own, then the mini food processor, is highly recommendable.
d) Buffalo Choppers
If you are looking to process meat, Buffalo Choppers are the ones for you. Since they have a sturdy metal structure, they are designed to provide better processing of meat. This is the reason why they have more potency than any other type of food processor.
Coming to the accessories, Buffalo Choppers comprises multiple blades that can be used for grinding, slicing. Thus, they tend to be much more versatile for your rough kitchen needs.
Consider checking out the size of the feeding tube while purchasing processors. The taking care of the tube in the covers must be wide.
The tube’s size will decide the largest size of food that can be added to the processor. Remember that the wider is your feeding tube, the lesser the efforts to slice the food.
If the feeding tube is narrow, it will expect you to pre-cut your food. Probably the best cover would incorporate feeding tubes with another smaller tube in the middle of the pusher.
6. Brand and Price
The brands and models must be remembered while you shop for a food processor. The more costly ones give a powerful motor, which is extremely useful over a long period.
The secondary brands usually offer some additional accessories and attachments. However, the motors are not that powerful. A definitive choice should be made on personal preference and the budget you are planning to invest in.
7. Blades and Discs
I always recommend everyone check out the different types of discs and blades the manufacturers are providing you with. Your chosen food processor must have good quality and sharp blades to get the best performance as per requirements.
Generally, there are several different types of attachments and accessories available such as chopping blade, whisk disc, and beater attachments, reversible blade for slicing and grating, and juice extractor.
8. Easy Control and Assembly
While you are about to purchase a food processor, you need to be careful and see whether it is easy to assemble. Check out whether the lid gets securely placed with the snap instantly or not.
There are a few machines that even won’t work if the pusher is not inside. So, this may become difficult for you to add more materials while working.
You further should see whether it is easy to maintain and clean the product or not. There are food processors with touchpad and smooth inset buttons. I should say those are preferable to have convenient control.
A factor that I feel is a must to consider while buying an electronic gadget is the long-term warranty. Having one product with a longer warranty period will ensure better usage and excellent customer service as well. Making food will become enjoyable as well as convenient if you make an informed decision.
10. Other Factors
Having just a simple food processor is not an ideal thing to do. You must shop for a food processor with a few features that may seem extra but can play a vital role in maintaining the quality, durability, and safeguarding users.
The product must not have a noise level higher than 80-90 Db when you use it. Check whether the product comes along with speed setting, quality blades, as well as overload protector.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. What is a food processor?
A food processor is a device that is mainly used for kneading, chopping a mixed blend, and mashing the food ingredients. This saves a lot of effort and time for anybody who likes to cook or not but want something quicker.
2. Can I wash the processor in a dishwasher?
Usually, the food processor motors are dishwasher safe. However, some of the other parts are not dishwasher safe.
Keep in mind, before you clean them out, just unplug the device and separate the parts from the container. And now you are good to go with the cleaning procedure.
3. Is it okay to knead atta in a food processor?
Yes, you can knead atta using a food processor. It is one of the best devices out there in the market to knead a dough apart from a hand blender.
It allows you to knead atta within a few seconds. I prefer using it as it is the fastest way to knead a dough.
This saves a lot of time for all tasks such as smashing, blending and cutting.
4. Which one is preferable- a food processor or hand blender?
First of all, let me tell you all that both the devices come with their very own and definitive functions. However, they are used for interchangeable tasks. You can always use one instead of the other, but that may give you some inconsistent results.
I feel the food processor is way more effective if you compare it to a hand blender. A blender works well for blending and kneading, but this is not as effective as the processor. Using a food processor will allow you to process a whole lot of ingredients.
5. How to process non-veg items like chicken and fish?
Fish and chicken are quite hard. So, it is recommended that you chill them before you process it using the processor.
Use a large knife to slice the chilled fish or chicken into easy and simple choppable chunks. And after that, you are good to go with the further process of processing them using the food processor.
6. Can I use hot items in a processor?
No! I don’t suggest using any hot items in a processor. This results in the heating up of the device and may cause damages.
It is always better to first cool down the ingredients and then use the food processor to process them.
With a 100% pure copper motor, sharp multifunctional blades, amazing whisker, seven essential attachments, and last but not least, two years of warranty on the product, the Inalsa Easy Prep 800 W Food Processor is my top pick in the list of best food processors India.
While this was our list of the top 10 best food processors in the Indian market, I am eager to know your opinions and thoughts.
Did I miss out on something? If yes, then do let me know about the same. In case you have any more queries, please feel free to comment it down below in the comment box.