If you are looking for the best washing machine in India, then you are at the right place. This guide is created with the aim to help you buy the best washing machine in India according to your needs. This guide suggests the best washing machine in India for every type.
Washing machines are one of the most essential home appliances now-a-days. They eliminate manual labour and simplify the process of washing clothes. But they are also one of the most hardest appliances to shop for.
There are too many features, types and jargon to look before buying a washing machine. There are too many models from so many brands in India that it becomes difficult to choose the best washing according to your needs.
There are a few factors to consider before you buy a washing machine. Most washing machines vary by function, load and capacity.Following are the factors in brief which may help you in buying the best washing machine for your needs:
1) Function Type : Based on functionality, there are two types of washing machines – semi-automatic washing machine and fully-automatic washing machine. Figure out your requirement and decide accordingly.
A semi-automatic, as the name suggests, will involve some manual work while a fully-automatic will require no manual intervention in-between the washing.
If you are usually short on time and don’t like manually shifting clothes from washer to dryer, then go for a fully-automatic washing machine. But if you are short on budget and don’t mind shifting the clothes, then go for a semi-automatic washing machine.
2) Load Type : Based on loading-type, there are two types of washing machines – top loading washing machine and front loading washing machine. You might already have a preference, depending on your previous model, but it’s always worth examining why one or the other might suit you best.
3) Capacity : The capacity tells about the weight of clothes a washing machine can handle at a time. If you are have small family go for compact washing machine, but if you have a large family then you must opt for a large capacity machine that can take large load of clothes for washing.
Types of Washing Machines
Based on function type and load type, one may think that there should be 4 types of washing machines. But that’s not the case because front-loading machines do not come in semi-automatic type.
These are the top best washing machine in India 2017:
1. Semi Automatic Top Load Washing Machine
A semi-automatic washing machine has two separate compartments- one for washing and the other for drying. It requires manual transfer from one to another compartment.
While a semi-automatic one is easy to use for a novice, it can be a tiring process. Semi-automatic washing machines come only in top-loading type.
Most semi-automatic machines have agitators or impeller wash systems. Here’s how they work to clean clothes:
1) It does not require continuous water supply.
2) Water can be poured in manually.
3) It consumes least amount of water and energy.
4) Washing cycle requires less time.
5) It is cheaper than a fully-automatic washing machine.
1) Manual intervention is required to transfer the clothes from washer to dryer.
2) It is bigger in size and requires more space.
3) Most of the controls are manual.
After researching and analysing more than 20 semi automatic top loading washing machines in India, I found the 10 best semi automatic top loading washing machines in India.
Do you want to know which one topped the list? Here is the:
Best Semi Automatic Top Loading Washing Machine in India
1) Its capacity is 6.8 Kg.
2) It has a 3mm strong plastic cover with rat repellent chemical that ensures any harm done to your washing machine is reduced, thereby enhancing the durability and performance.
3) Its Roller Jet Pulsator causes added friction to the clothes, removing dust & mites. This results in a better quality wash.
4) “Punch+3” features one main pulsator and three mini pulsators around. The punch action creates three powerful streams of water which move repeatedly the laundry up and down in the drum ensuring that the tough soil is removed from the laundry.
5) It has been equipped with a wind jet dry system which makes it possible for you to pull the clothes out of the dryer and press it and wear it.
6) Its lint filter collects the fibres which come out while washing clothes. The fibres thus do not get stuck in the pipe, thus giving a better washing performance.
7) Its unique collar scrubber helps you scrub cuffs and collars, saving your time and efforts.
8) It comes with 2 years warranty.
Buy Now from : Amazon | Flipkart
2. Fully Automatic Top Load Washing Machine
A fully-automatic top load washing machine has only one compartment which does both washing and drying. So there is no need to transfer clothes.
These washing machines either use agitator systems or impeller systems, similar to semi-automatic machines. Top-loading machines may also be of the pulsator wash type:
1) They are cheaper than front-loading washing machines.
2) There is no need to bend to load or unload the machine.
3) These machines are usually lighter in weight and more mobile.
4) They have better wash quality than semi-automatic washing machines.
5) These machines don’t require any manual intervention.
1) They consume too much water.
2) Running flow of water is needed for the machine to complete the cycle automatically.
3) Clothes cannot be added midway through a cycle.
After researching and analysing more than 20 fully automatic top loading washing machines in India, I found the 10 best fully automatic top loading washing machines in India. Do you want to know which one topped the list? Here is the:
Best Fully Automatic Top Loading Washing Machine in India
This washing machine comes with the following features:
3. Fully Automatic Front Load Washing Machine
This is the most advanced category of washing machines. Instead of top lid, these machines have a transparent door lid at the front side of the machine, that is why they are called front loading washing machines.
This type of washing machine has a horizontal tub which uses a tumbling action system to clean clothes. Here’s how it works:
1) These machines have the best wash quality.
2) They consume less electricity, water and detergent when compared to fully automatic top loading washing machines.
3) Usually these machines have a built-in heater.
4) They have the highest number of wash programs.
5) They are gentler on clothes and better for washing delicate clothes.
6) They have variable spin speeds to suit the material of the clothes for quicker drying time.
1) They are the most expensive type of washing machines.
2) They require a permanent water connection and the pressure of the water has to be high.
3) Clothes cannot be added midway through a cycle.
4) They have a longer wash cycle.
After researching and analysing more than 20 fully automatic front loading washing machines in India, I found the 10 best fully automatic front loading washing machines in India. Do you want to know which one topped the list? Here is the:
Best Fully Automatic Front Loading Washing Machine in India
1) Its capacity is 7 Kg.
2) Its Super Quick 15 feature is a convenient method of freshening up light-soiled laundry in 15 minutes.
3) Its SpeedPerfect feature frees up your time by getting your laundry done by up to 65% quicker.
4) Its VarioDrum unique structure is tough on stains but gentle on clothes.
5) Its AntiVibration Design provides more stability and reduces vibration so noise is minimised.
6) The Time Delay 24hrs function lets you delay your wash cycle between 1 to 24 hours, so you don’t have to wait for it to finish.
7) Its ActiveWater feature that adjusts the level of water by sensing the amount of load.
8) It comes with 2 years warranty on product and 10 years warranty on motor.
The capacity you need will depend on the size of your family. Since a washing machine is usually a long-term investment, it’s advisable to account for changes in your family before deciding on what the capacity of your washing machine should be.
1) Family Size : The chart given below shows how to select washing machine capacity according to family size.
For those who prefer to wash clothes more frequently, or if space is a constraint, smaller capacity washing machines should suffice.
Following are the important features to look for before buying a washing machine:
1) Auto Select / Fuzzy Logic: This feature automatically chooses the best washing conditions, depending on the quantity of the load. It detects the weight of the laundry and then determines the time, water and detergent required.
2) Delay Start: This feature allows you to set the time and delay the process of washing by up to 23 hours. So you can set your laundry to a time that suits your schedule perfectly.
3) Child Lock: The Child Lock function locks the machine’s panel and prevents your children from hindering the wash cycle.
4) Digital Display: Digital displays show the time left in the cycle, different wash modes and a help button.
5) Hot Wash: Some washing machines have built-in heaters which make it easier for you to wash clothes during winter. It is particularly beneficial for people living in northern states because it is extremely beneficial to dry clothes faster during winter.
It is necessary to find a washing machine that is not only within your budget but also fits the your schedule, when it comes to functionality, and the size of your family. It is important that you invest in a washing machine that has a washer and dryer combined, as it would use minimal effort.
It is also advised to check for the energy saving stars on the appliance; a machine with additional features like a display screen, child lock, fuzzy logic, etc will always serve as a helping hand your busy self.
Hope this post helped you in finding the best washing machine in India.