Last Updated on
A pulse oximeter is a non-invasive device. It helps you to figure out the correct amount of saturated oxygen that is present in your blood.
This is used for checking the pulse rate of a patient. Nowadays, due to the COVID-19 pandemic situation, the usage of this device have become more in trend.
Now, you can’t take the risk of buying a wrong device that won’t give you an accurate result during the Coronavirus pandemic. There are so many products out there in the market that can easily make a person confuse about which product to buy.
So, I have listed down all the best pulse oximeters in India that are currently used by the medical experts. You can check out the buying guide to know more about the pulse oximeters.
Table of Contents
- Best Pulse Oximeters In India 2020
- 5 Best Pulse Oximeters in India
- Buying Guide – Pulse Oximeter
- Frequently Asked Questions
Best Pulse Oximeters In India 2020
5 Best Pulse Oximeters in India
The Dr Trust Professional Series Finger Tip Pulse Oximeter is quite a reliable device as it comes from a reputed brand. It is by far the most recommended and best oximeter currently available in the market. This is because of the accuracy rate, the ease of usage, the quick results, and other similar factors.
This comes with 3 AAA batteries, so it runs for a longer period. It is durable due to the high-quality built material.
1. This product gives you accurate, reliable, and fast measurements. You get perfect measurements for respiratory rate, pulse bar graph, pulse rate, blood oxygen saturation level etc.
2. The product comes along with a multi-directional OLED screen display. It is advanced, bright, and large so you can see the measurements even at night or in the dark.
3. This comes with large font readings, so it is very helpful for you to read or for an elder. Dr Trust’s oximeter is approved and certified by the US FDA as well as the European Conformity.
4. The device is water-resistant IP 22. What I like more is that it is designed to stay stable in case of an accidental splash of water. However, it is not waterproof but has a water-resistant property.
5. This device is a perfect health partner. I love this product as it comes with adjustable settings of display. It further comes along with brightness and other parameters. You can even adjust the alarm settings to switch On and Off.
6. This product is made up of high-quality ABS material, and thus, it is supremely durable. The fingertip clip is easy to apply to different body parts. It is further soft and comfortable to use.
1. It has a pulse rate and SPO2, which is pretty great.
2. This has a hypoallergenic design.
3. It has an OLED display.
4. The application is painless.
5. This product is water-resistant.
1. The battery life is not up to the mark and can be improved.
The Dr Trust (USA) Signature Series Finger Tip Pulse Oximeter is one of the best pulse oximeters for the doctor. If you are looking forward to buying the advanced device that is even affordable, then you can surely opt for this device. This device is highly durable and will last you for a longer period.
The device is small and compact and is highly portable. It is travel-friendly and pock-friendly as well.
1. The product gives you accurate results. What I like more about this product is that it helps in checking out your results in any direction pulse rate, including the SpO2 level, bar graph, pulse wave, as well as the battery level.
2. It is light in weight, comes with looks compact, and what’s more interesting is that it is easily portable. I feel it can hold a wide range of finger sizes.
3. The product is water-resistant and can withstand an accidental splash of water. However, a higher depth of water will render the product unusable.
4. This product is the doctors choice. It can quickly measure and gives you a larger display screen, so it will easy for the older person to read the results.
5. The product comes along with a user manual that will help you work with this product easily. It will prevent causing Hypoxia so a great choice of product.
6. This device is made up of high-quality ABS material that enhances durability.
1. It is great for all. Anyone can use it.
2. This product is convenient and flexible to use.
3. It has a hypoallergenic design and comes with a painless application.
4. This helps in preventing Hypoxia.
5. Battery life is fairly good.
1. The built quality could have been improved.
The Dr Trust (USA) Finger Tip Pulse Oximeter – 209 is an ideal choice for those who are looking forward to investing in a product that is not much expensive. This product is affordable and works supremely fine and gives accurate results.
I feel every beginner can use this device very easily. It fits comfortably into the fingertips, and it seems quite easy to work with. The LCD screen, on the other hand, is a plus point at this price point.
1. It gives clinically accurate results. This product comes along with hospital-grade precision sensors.
2. This will provide you with fast and effective results within seconds.
3. It has a large display screen for easy readings of the measurements.
4. The screen is bright and rotates in 4 directions to give you a clear view.
5. It is light in weight and has a compact size which makes it easy to carry.
6. One set of 2 AAA batteries will work for 30 minutes of continuous monitoring.
7. With the small clamp, you all need just to press the button, and it is that’s easy to work with.
1. It comes in a sleek and compact design.
2. This works comfortably on fingertips.
3. It is quite a user friendly and easy to use.
4. This comes with a small clamp which is steady.
5. A wide range of finger sizes will fit into this device.
1. The packaging is flimsy.
This product is very much travel-friendly and comes with a user-friendly interface. It is soft on the fingertips, feels comfortable, and fits perfectly.
1. The product has four directional screen display to give a better view of the measurements. This has a large OLED screen for easy and convenient reading.
2. It is very much user-friendly. The product is easy to carry due to its lightweight design and highly portable.
3. It gives you accurate measurements with a minimum deviation of +/-2%. It measures the pulse rate with a minimum deviation of +/-2 bpm.
4. There is an alarm settings option for abnormal measurements.
1. It comes with a multi-directional display of OLED.
2. The perfusion index works fine.
3. It has two years of the warranty period on the manufacturing defects.
4. It is a portable device and battery operated.
1. Suitable for occasional use.
2. Build quality could have been improvised.
The Hesley Pulse Oximeter is a perfect buy for those who want something advanced and travel-friendly on the other hand. It is easy to use with the one-button operation feature. This will further consume low power with 2 AAA batteries.
It gives you accurate results, and with the bright OLED multi-directional display, you can view and read your results easily without much hassle.
1. The product is designed for home, travel or exercise purpose. It is suitable for health as well as sports enthusiasts.
2. It has a highly advanced OLED display that gives easy to view results even in low light situations.
3. It comes with 12 memory functions which are great for a product at this price point.
4. This has rotating multi-directional display to give you an easy view of measurements from 4 directions. So, you get accurate results in every way possible.
5. It comes with an audio and visual alarm that is adjustable as per your convenience.
6. This comes with a comfortable design that suits perfectly to all finger sizes. It is comfortable to use and soft to touch.
7. It has 8 seconds fast detection feature, and then it shuts down automatically.
1. This product has an auto shut down option.
2. It is light in weight and portable.
3. This is water-resistant.
4. The 12 memory functions work perfectly fine.
5. The OLED display is great for elders and users to read measurements properly.
1. Users faced some packaging issues.
Buying Guide – Pulse Oximeter
Accuracy is one of the essential factors to consider when you think of buying an oximeter device. Most of them will deliver you accurate results within +-2% of the actual blood oxygen saturation level.
Moreover, it is recommended that you buy oximeter from a well-known and reputed brand as they are known for manufacturing devices that give you more accurate results.
2. Display Size and Readability
An oximeter is a small device, so I advise you must give severe attention to see the measurement numbers on display. The display size will let you know how easily you can see the readings.
I suggest you buy a product that comes with large numbers on display. Also, look for a product that offers you to arrange the data differently. You can choose an arrangement as per your comfortability.
3. Finger Size
The pulse oximeter that you purchase must fit in your fingers appropriately. In case, it doesn’t fit your fingers properly; then it will give you inaccurate readings.
Sometimes, the oximeter probably won’t show any perusing whatsoever. Be that as it may, how would you choose which one will accommodate your finger perfectly?
Now almost all the latest models come along with an adjustable spring system. This further allows you to alter the pulse oximeter as indicated by the finger size.
These products can easily hold in a wide scope of finger sizes. Children, as well as adults, can use it.
If you want to share the pulse oximeter with your relatives, friends, and family members, then you should purchase an adjustable model.
Are you buying the pulse oximeter for your children? If yes, then, in that case, I would suggest you go for a device that is designed for the pediatric reason. Such pediatric gadgets sensors are calibrated effectively to take care of business in the correct manner.
4. Warning Systems
An oximeter comes along with three warning systems, and you must check for them. Here are the three warning systems:
a) Low SpO2
Even if you can view the measurements on your display, it may not be all for you. Having a warning in the form of buzzer or beep will be helpful.
Yes! It can help in the case, the SpO2 levels dropdown. It may cause you a blurred vision or face dizziness as well. This happens due to an insufficient supply of O2 concentration.
b) Irregular Heartbeat
If you have an irregular heartbeat or your heartbeat is not steady and constant, then the pulse meter will generate a sound warning or will alert you with an alarm.
c) Low Battery
Are you an oximeter user who relies on the device for your health management? If yes, then you must opt for an oximeter with a low battery indicator as it is very much essential.
With the help of this device that comes with inbuilt indicator, you can easily replace or charge the battery whenever the device requires so.
5. Bright Visible Display
I would like to suggest that you look for an oximeter with a backlit display. You will find several models available out there in the market that come along with different colour combinations and backlit display. So, you can easily choose one as per your own needs.
There are even some models that will allow you to adjust the brightness levels. Thus, you will be easily able to read the measurements in any given situation.
A durable device will prevent the damage of the unit and doesn’t show inaccurate readings. A decent quality oximeter will offer you with the exact results each time you are using the product. Thus, it is very much crucial to see that you are not buying an oximeter that is not durable. This may indirectly put your life at risk.
A durable unit is commonly waterproof. It can even handle any condition. Regardless of whatever you do, whether you drop it on the ground, it will work fine. They further are resistance to humidity. Due to the humidity, sometimes you may get incorrect results, or a device failure may happen.
Some pulse oximeters even come removable silicon covers. I feel they are way more helpful to guard the product against scratches or damage caused while using it.
Whereas, you may find several pulse oximeter units come with shells made up of ABS (Acrylonitrile Butadiene Styrene) plastic. These products are usually are way more durable/ The devices that are made using polypropylene plastic shells seem to be less durable when compared.
7. Response Time
Before the pulse oximeters used to 30 seconds to show the reading, however, there are modern devices available in the market that takes around 10 seconds to display accurate results.
8. Battery Life
Are you going to use your oximeter daily? If yes, then you need a device that can provide you with constant support. This is where the battery plays a vital role.
Do you want to keep your oximeter working always? If yes, then you need to have a device that is powered by lithium batteries. This is because they are mainly rechargeable.
And if you want a cheaper version as the lithium ones are costly, then you must go for a device that comes with AAA batteries. It will provide you with 30 working hours which I feel is pretty decent.
9. Ease of Usage
A pulse oximeter must be user-friendly and shouldn’t take much of the technical knowledge. It should be easy for anyone to use at home without further help.
I think the finger oximeters are very much user-friendly and easy to work with. And the best thing is that all you need to do is to clip it on your finger and switch on the button. Then you need to wait for a few seconds for the result.
Having a large display or OLED screen will make it further easier to read the measurements. Some of the products come with better displays that will make it easier for you to read and understand the details.
10. Automatically Activated
There are oximeters available in the market that automatically gets activated once you place your toe or finger in it. Although it is not an essential feature, it can be very much useful in some tricky situations. Suppose, you are required to check the pulse rate or the SpO2 levels, then you will need it.
Usually, patients carry their oximeter with them always to monitor their SpO2. There are a few sportsmen as well as pilots who use oximeter. So, an oximeter needs to be portable enough so that you can carry it in your handbag or pocket. Hence, all the oximeters mentioned in my list are highly portable and easy to carry.
The pulse oximeter comes with a size which may be around 2 inches long and 1 inch wide. I feel it is a pretty decent size to fit in a pocket.
But, in case, you are willing to carry it in your pocket, then there are chances left of your device getting turned on accidentally. So you need to be a little extra careful.
12. Price and Warranty
Price is a factor that you must consider. Several models are ranging from 2K or more. You can invest more if you want a product that has backlit lighting, reading history and all other advanced features. I feel it is worthy enough to invest in.
Look for a manufacturer that provides you with a great warranty period and good support. Good customer support with easy return policies is a great sign for trusting your product brand.
I would always suggest you buy an oximeter with a higher warranty period. Usually, the warranty period varies from 6months to 1 year.
13. Additional Features
It is not mandatory but having some additional features are always amazing to have in an oximeter. Functions such as multi-person memory and memory for storage of data where you can store data for more than one person are good.
Other features that you can include is the USB connectivity or the Bluetooth connectivity to transfer data for further analyzation.
There are a few oximeters that can send real-time data to your doctor, and that can be beneficial.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. Is every pulse reading stable?
Yes! All the pulse readings are stable. However, this can be achieved only if you are not close to a defibrillator or an oxygen source.
2. Are there pulse oximeters for infants?
Yes! There are oximeters for infant use. However, you need to be very specific about it while you shop for a device. Not all oximeters are recommended for the infants.
3. Does it help in keeping permanent records?
No, it doesn’t keep any sort of permanent records. As long as the power is on, it will keep on updating the pulse rate and oxygen readings. But, if the power goes off, the readings taken will be lost.
4. What is SpO2?
The full form of SpO2 is blood oxygen saturation. This measures the amount of oxygen-carrying haemoglobin in the blood.
If the level of SpO2 is less than 95%, then it is a poor level of oxygen in the blood and this is a condition of Hypoxia.
5. Are pulse oximeters accurate?
Yes! Almost all the oximeters from reputed brands give you accurate readings. You may get a less accurate result when your hands are cold, or you are wearing nail polish or artificial nails.
While you think of buying an oximeter, it is vital to consider the application and the field where you are going to use it. A finger pulse oximeter will be ideal if you are looking for something to monitor your saturation oxygen.
The Dr Trust Professional Series Finger Tip Pulse Oximeter is one of the best pulse oximeters in India. It has amazing OLED display, gives accurate results and is water-resistant. If you have any other queries, do comment it down below. I will surely help you out.