Are you looking forward to getting a new and trendy look? And don’t know what to do! Well! Colouring your hair can be a good option to get a new look. But you need to be careful while you pick a colour for yourself. Colouring your hair often can cause damage to your hair. Thus, I would suggest you be a little extra careful while you choose one.
There are so many brands available in the market that come up with all the different hair colours of different shades to choose from. All these can make you confused regarding what to choose.
To help you out, I have made this buying guide along with a list of the top 10 best hair colours in India. Going through the article will help you understand what you require for hair colouring.
Table of Contents
These are the Top 10 Best Hair Colours in India 2023:
1. It lasts up to 28 shampoos.
2. This is available in 11 glossy shades.
1. If you are looking for hair colour to suit your hair type without any issues, then go for the L’Oreal Paris Casting Creme Gloss Hair colour. It is by far one of the best hair colours in India that comes from a very reputed brand of L’Oreal Paris. This brand is known for manufacturing amazing quality hair and skincare products.
2. What I like about this hair colour is that it is completely free of ammonia and gives you a more natural-looking effect. This hair colour will last you up to 28 shampoos and thus, the price is justified I feel. You can use it easily and don’t worry about the durability as this colour is really stable and gives you the colour you want to enhance your look.
3. The product has a super moisturising formula to give your hair a velvety and satin finish. Your hair will have a nice shine to it and you will get optimal grey coverage that I think is great for hair colour at this price point. Moreover, it comes in 11 glossy shades to choose from. Thus, you will have the option to experiment when it comes to safer hair colour.
1. The colour payoff could have been better.
1. It is 100% natural and pure.
1. Are you looking for herbal and ayurvedic hair colour to colour your hair for the first time? If yes, then look no further as with the Attar Ayurveda Indigo Powder you will get 100% natural hair coloured look. This product further comes from a reputed brand and thus, you can totally opt for it anytime you wish to.
2. The hair colour is 100% pure and natural as there are no added chemicals, perfumes, or dyes. Thus, I feel is absolutely safe to use this hair product. You need to apply it in a step or two to get different tones such as brown, dark brown, black, etc. Hence, you can easily apply it to your hair and get the colour you want to.
3. The best part about this product is that it comes with all the steps that you need to follow to get the colour of your choice. Going through the manual will ensure you get the best result. What I like more is that using it 2 to 3 times will convert all your grey hair into black.
1. No cons found.
1. It comes in 8 rich shades.
2. It gives you 100% grey coverage.
1. The next product is again from a very reputed brand that manufactures great quality hair and skin care products. Yes! I am talking about Garnier. The Garnier colour Naturals Crème Hair colour is one such example of an amazing hair product. It is safe to use and thus, you can totally opt for this without giving a thought.
2. This hair colour has an amazing texture and is completely free from ammonia. It has a non-drip and easy to use formula. What I like about this product is that it is rich in 3 oils- almond, avocado, and olive. All these give your hair the nourishment it requires and ensures your hair looks silky, soft, and shiny.
3. The product comes in 8 rich and vibrant shades so that you can choose any product of your choice. This colour is long-lasting and will last for 8 weeks with the colour lock technology. The hair colour will give you 100% grey coverage if applied properly and taken care of after colour.
1. No cons found.
1. It has the goodness of 9 herbs.
2. This is 100% natural henna.
1. If you are looking for affordable hair colour, then you must go for none other than the Godrej Nupur Henna. It is one of the most amazing product to opt for. This is 100% pure and natural and comes from a well-reputed brand in the Indian market.
2. It has all the goodness of 9 amazing herbs. Using this product will give your hair the shiny, smooth, and silky effect that you require to flaunt a beautiful hair.
3. You can go for this product any day as it is truly affordable and is more than just a hair colour. It provides your hair with the protein and nourishment it requires. This enhances the overall health of the hair.
1. Quality could have been better.
1. It is ideal for both men and women.
2. It comes with 4 products inside.
3. This is 100% natural.
1. The Indus Valley Damage Free Gel Hair Colour is yet another amazing hair colour that comes from a well-known brand, Indus Valley. It is an Indian brand known for manufacturing good quality skin and hair care products.
2. It is 100% natural and organic in nature and thus, I feel it is very much safe to use on your hair. It is great for all hair types from normal to dry hair. This hair colour doesn’t have any harsh chemicals added to it. It is free from ammonia, hydrogen peroxide and has no PPD.
3. This hair colour is high in moisturising content and thus, keeps your hair hydrated and nourishes it as well. It is great for overall hair health as it reduces hair fall, dandruff, and dryness. This hair colour has the goodness of all the natural ingredients such as orange peel, basil, amla, honey, aloe vera, jojoba oil, and sunflower oil. All these are excellent for your hair.
1. No cons found.
1. It has 7 amazing shades.
2. This lasts for 8 weeks
3. It gives 100% grey coverage.
1. The BBLUNT Salon Secret High Shine Creme Hair Colour is a hair colour from a very reputed brand, BBLUNT. It is an amazing brand that produces great quality hair colour. This product is 100% safe to use and you can apply it onto your hair without any fear.
2. This hair colour will give you a salon-like finish at home. It contains the developer, colourant, as well as a shine tonic. The shine tonic is rich in silk proteins to give your hair a shiny and smooth effect. Applying this hair colour will give a gorgeous look to your hair every time you use it.
3. This product gives you 100% grey coverage that is great. What I like more is that it lasts longer than 8 weeks. However, the best part about this hair colour is that it is free of ammonia and thus, is overall good for your hair. The colour shades are created keeping mind the Indian skin tones.
1. No cons found.
1. It has 3 conditioning ingredients.
1. The Bigen Men’s Speedy colour is a product specially manufactured for the men. If you are looking for hair colour for a long time for your father, brother, boyfriend, or husband, then this product is absolutely an ideal purchase. It comes from a known brand, Bigen and thus, you can easily go for this hair colour.
2. This product contains 3 conditioning ingredients such as pullulan, glycine, and olive oil. Applying this product on your hair will give it a healthy and natural look. Your hair will feel softer, shiner, and smoother.
3. What I like about this product is that it easily gives you grey coverage. This further treats all your hair issues such as prevents hair fall, dryness, etc. It is easy to apply on your hair
1. This is only for men.
1. It can colour your hair within 5 minutes.
1. The next product comes from one of the top brands in India, Revlon. It is known for manufacturing great quality hair care products. And the Revlon Top Speed Hair colour is one such product that amazingly colours your hair.
2. The brand Revlon is great for men and speeds up the colouring process. It will cover all the grey hair from root to tip and will give your hair a smooth and shiny look. This product further has an easy to use application process. You need to follow the instruction manual and you can apply hair colour easily.
3. The hair colour is formulated with speed up colouring or SUC technology. It takes only 5 minutes to colour your hair. This product has ginseng extracts along with the mother of pearl that repairs all your damaged hair. All these make your hair soft and smooth.
1. It is only for men.
1. It comes in a bottle packaging.
2. This has a shelf-life of 36 months.
1. The BEAUTE BLANC Black Gel Colour Fruit Vinegar is yet another hair colour that you can consider while purchasing a product for yourself. It comes from a brand named Beaute Blanc and manufacturers amazing quality hair colours. Thus, you can totally opt for this hair colour without much doubt.
2. The hair colour will give you full grey coverage if applied properly. This product is free of ammonia and thus, it is completely safe to use. Using this hair colour will keep your hair smooth, soft, and gives it a salon-like finish. This has no side effects so you can easily apply it to your hair.
1. Better to do a patch test.
1. It has 70 grams quantity of product.
2. It is ideal for both men and women.
3. This works within 30 minutes.
1. Are you looking for a 100% organic and halal hair colour, then look no further. Yes! With the Iba Halal Care Hair colour, you will get the amazing hair colour that will give your hair a natural look. It comes from a really reputed brand that manufactures good quality hair colours. Thus, you can go for this hair colour without much doubt.
2. This product has a quantity of 70 grams and comes in a powder form. The hair colour is 100% free from sulfate, ammonia, alcohol, and paraben. This product is great for your overall health of hair and cures hair-related issues such as dandruff, dryness, and hair damage.
3. The hair colour is for both men and women and thus, you can go for it without giving a thought. Applying this hair colour will give your hair the shine, smooth, and softer salon-like finish.
1. No cons found.
Hair Colour Buying Guide
While you think of buying a hair colour for yourself, it is mandatory for you to keep in mind certain factors. Knowing and understanding all these factors will certainly help you in choosing the best hair colour that suits your face.
1. Hair Type
Before you purchase a hair colour, you must consider the hair type, texture, and other things. This will allow you to get the best hair colour that suits your face. Here are some factors that you must take into consideration:
a) Hair Density
Use your fingers or a comb to middle part your hair and then hold a chunk of hair on one side of the part. Now try to look for the hair roots from different angles. Try to estimate the density of your hair as per the scalp area that is visible.
In case, no scalp is seen, then you have a thick density of hair. On the other hand, if a little part of your scalp is visible, then the hair density is medium. Again, in case, a lot of scalp part is visible, then you must have thin hair density.
Using a good shampoo wash your hair thoroughly following conditioner routine. Now pat dry your hair with the help of a dry towel and comb your hair in parts. Take a chunk of hair and try to feel the porosity of your hair.
If the hair is completely dried, then you have low porosity hair. In case, you feel the hair is wet but not sticky, then it is of medium porosity. And if your hair is sticky and takes too much time to dry up, then you have high porosity hair.
c) Oiliness Of hair
Shampoo your hair follow it up with the regular conditioner routine and let it dry naturally without using a hairdryer. Let is dry overnight or for at least 8 to 12 hours. Next day, use a tissue paper and then press it on your scalp to check the oiliness.
In case, there is oil, then you have a non-oily hair. A little trace of oil on the paper means you have medium hair and if there is no oil, then you have dry hair.
2. Skin Tone Match
To get a great look with your hair coloured, you need to be very careful about choosing the right shade of colour. Yes! To match the colour to your skin tone is yet another factor to consider.
The more the shade matches your skin tone, the better your entire look will be. Choosing the wrong colour shade for yourself can make you look duller.
3. Hair Colour Ideas
There are hair colours that are great for cool tone skin and there are a few that suit warm skin tones. Before you make a choice, you need to be very careful about the hair colour that suits your skin tone.
You should always choose a hair colour either one or two shades lighter than the colour of your natural hair. Try to opt for a hair colour that matches your eyes colour. In case, you have a warm skin tone, opt for a copper colour or something in a warm tone. Walnut brown is a great option for cool skin tone.
Check the label of the hair colour before buying to see how much longevity the product offers. The best thing to do is to check out the customer reviews to know how much longer it has last in their hair.
However, it might not be the same as you but it will give you a fair idea. Having a long-lasting hair colour will ensure you not colouring your hair frequently.
5. Safe Ingredients
A factor that I would always suggest you check is the ingredient list that comes with the colour packaging. In case, you have an allergy to some ingredients, you can always keep that away. It will further ensure your hair is not damaged by harsh chemicals.
6. Expiration Date
As this is a hair colour product, you must check on the expiration date. This will help you stay extremely safe and will make sure it doesn’t cause you any harm in the future. Furthermore, I would suggest you do a patch test right before applying the colour to your hair.
Knowing your budget will surely help you in choosing a colour shade of your choice. In case, you want a good colour at an affordable price point, you must check out the brands listed here. Almost all are affordable, however, some of them are from high-end range. You should always check on the budget and shouldn’t compromise on the quality.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. Is It Safe To Use Hair Colour When Pregnant?
While you are pregnant, it is always safe to use ammonia-free colours. Thus, opt for the brands that usually do not have peroxide as well as ammonia.
2. Should I Condition Before Hair Colouring?
Well! Conditioning is a great treatment for your hair. However, I recommend you to use the conditioner that comes with the colour package. They are usually tested for use with hair colour and it leaves your hair soft, smooth, and shiny.
3. How Do I know My Skin Is Warm Or Cool Tone?
Hair colour is based on your skin tone and it is always a great idea to choose your hair colour as per your skin tone. To know about your skin tone-warm or cool, there is a simple trick. If you have a cool tone, then your skin will turn red under sun rays. In case, you have a warm skin tone, you will get tan under the sun.
4. Should I Shampoo Before Hair Colouring?
I would suggest not to shampoo your hair right before colouring. It is always better to shampoo your hair at least 1-2 days before you proceed with the hair colour process. Furthermore, I would suggest you go through the instruction manual that comes with the hair colour before you use it.
5. What Are The Benefits Of Hair Colour?
There are several benefits to hair colouring. Here I am mentioning a few of them:
a) This smoothens and straightens your hair to some extent.
b) It adds volume to your hair.
c) This gives your hair the shine and lustrous look.
6. Can I Colour My Hairs Twice On The Same Day?
Well! You can surely colour your hair twice on the same day but you need to be extra careful with your hair. Colours usually damage your hair and colouring twice on such a short gap can really harm your hair. So, be very careful while picking the colour and applying it.
I would suggest you select a colour of your choice and then go for a good brand. Try to colour once a day to keep your hair in better condition.
Colouring your hair is an amazing thing to do when you need a certain change in your looks. However, hair colour can damage your hair and can lead to other hair-related issues. Thus, it is important for you to choose a hair colour of good quality from a reputed brand.
I have tried to list down all the 10 best hair colours in India along with a buying guide. Going through this article will surely help you out in choosing the best as per your needs. In case, if you still have queries left, you can comment it down below. I will be happy to help you out.