With the increasing pollution as well as the unhealthy lifestyle, people are facing hair related issues. Hair is becoming fragile, unhealthy, frizzy, damaged, etc. However, with less or no time to take care of hair, people prone to take short cut methods such as hair styling or chemically treating, which results in more damaged hair.
Oiling your hair is an essential part of your hair care routine which you must not avoid at any cost. But choosing a hair oil that suits your hair type and takes care of your hair issues, is very difficult. Thus, I thought of making a buying guide to help you understand how you can choose the best hair oil for yourself.
Furthermore, you will find the top 10 best hair oils in India listed below with a detailed review. It will surely help you in finding the solution to combat your hair problems. So without further delay, let’s jump into the article.
Table of Contents
These are the Top 10 Best Hair Oils in India 2023:
1. It comes in quantities of 1 litre and 600ml.
2. This is 100% pure coconut oil.
3. It is good for controlling hair fall.
1. The Parachute Coconut Oil Bottle is one of the best hair oil to control your hair fall. If you are looking for a hair oil that completely controls your hair fall, then you must opt for this. It has 100% pure coconut oil that deeply conditions your hair and controls your hair from falling.
2. I feel it has a nice aroma of coconut that keeps the freshness alive for a longer time. It goes through 27 quality tests and 5 stages of the purification process to make sure the oil is 100% pure and ensures quality. This is made out of the best quality coconut oil.
3. It is excellent for regular use with the purity it has. The brand, on the other hand, is excellent for trusting as it is known in the market for manufacturing amazing quality oils in India. You can thus go for this hair oil without any further doubt.
1. No cons found.
1. It comes in a quantity of 100ml.
2. This has almond extracts.
3. It is 100% natural.
1. If you are looking for a 100% natural oil, then look no further as the Hamdard Roghan Badam Shirin Sweet Almond Oil is the perfect hair oil for you. It contains 100% pure oil extracted from almonds to give you the desired nourishment your hair requires.
2. The packaging is quite sturdy and not at all flimsy with the glass bottle. It enhances the durability of the product. What I like more about the product is that this oil is excellent to keep the body warm during the winter. It further enhances and strengthens your brainpower. The oil is excellent for relieving your tension.
3. The Hamdard Roghan Badam Shirin Sweet Almond Oil can also be used as a body massage oil. It is great for infants as it makes the bones stronger and enhances immunity. And to get good hair growth, you can mix it with coconut and castor oils and apply it on your hair and massage. It will provide you with good long and manageable hair.
4. With regular use, you can find a remarkable difference in your hair texture. It smoothens your hair and makes it silky, soft, and shiny. This keeps your hair nourished and moisturised for a longer period.
1. No cons found.
1. It comes in a quantity of 300ml.
2. This is suitable for both men and women.
3. It is good for all hair types.
1. The Parachute Advansed Ayurvedic Hot Oil is an excellent buy for people looking forward to a hair oil that prevents dryness. This hair oil simply amazing at nourishing and conditioning your dry hair. It controls the dryness of your hair, making it smooth and nourished.
2. If you are suffering from damaged and broken hair, then this hair oil is the right choice for you. Warming up the oil will penetrate deep into the hair root to provide with extra goodness. The product is easy to use and will give you lustrous and beautiful hair.
3. The hair oil is enriched with black pepper that has vitamins C and A, which helps to cure dandruff issues. It further has white thyme to increase hair growth by increasing the blood flow and rejuvenating the hair follicles. To strengthen your hair, the hair oil has hibiscus to combat hair loss and treat itchy scalp.
1. The packaging could have been better.
1. It comes in a quantity of 200ml.
2. It has 100% pure castor oil.
1. If you are looking for a hair oil that is great for promoting hair growth, then you must consider looking at the WOW 100% Pure Castor Oil. It has 100% pure castor oil that is amazing for promoting hair growth. And the brand WOW is known for manufacturing good quality hair oils in India. As a result, you can trust this product.
2. Using this hair oil will give you healthier, thicker, and shinier hair. You should use it once or twice a week and provide an excellent massage to your scalp. Leave it for an hour and then wash it off with a mild shampoo to have the best results.
3. You can use it on your lips and massage it for gently on your lips. Use 1 or 2 drops of oil and leave it overnight. You will get smooth and softer lips. To have stronger nails, you can use one drop fo this oil and massage it well.
4. What I like more about this product is that this oil is excellent for growing your eyebrows and eyelashes. Just take a drop and massage it onto the areas and leave it overnight. Massaging it on your skin will provide you with a hydrating effect. It will reduce the scars, dark spots.
1. It may cause stickiness to your hair.
1. It comes in a quantity of 200ml.
2. It contains cold-pressed castor oil.
3. This is good for both men and women.
1. The Rey Naturals Cold Pressed Castor Oil is a fantastic hair oil that has 100% natural ingredients. If you want to have a lustrous as well as healthy long and strong hair, then you can miss out on the Rey Naturals Cold Pressed Castor Oil. It promotes hair growth as well as cures dandruff related issues. You should apply it three times a week to get the best results.
2. To get thicker eyebrows and longer lashes, you can use this oil on your eyebrows and eyelashes. Just apply a drop of this oil and massage gently. Leave it overnight and wash it off with damp cotton in the morning. On your lashes, use the oil throughout the length from the base to the tip.
3. It has 100% pure cold-pressed natural castor oil that is rich in fatty acids. This is suitable for all hair types and makes your hair soft and silky. I would recommend you to opt for this hair oil if you are suffering from dry and damaged hair. Include this oil in your daily regime, and you will see visible results within weeks.
1. No cons found.
1. It comes in quantities of 250ml and 75ml.
2. It is suitable for both men and women.
3. This has Aloe Vera Extracts.
1. If you are looking for a hair oil with natural ingredients, then the Parachute Advansed Aloe Vera Enriched Coconut Hair Oil is your ideal choice. It contains aloe vera extract that repairs dead skin cells on your scalp, and this is because it has proteolytic enzymes. This acts as an amazing hair conditioner to leave your hair shiny and smooth.
2. The product is great for hair growth, and it prevents your scalp from causing itchiness. It reduces the dandruff related issues and conditions your hair to make it smooth and hydrated. This is rich in coconut oil which gets deep into your hair follicles and keeps the dry hair moisturised.
3. If you want to add shine, lustre, and softness to your hair, then you must opt for this fantastic oil. It further prevents your hair from split ends and increases hair growth. This will nourish your hair to the deepest level possible. It is suitable for everyday use and makes your hair manageable.
1. It contains mineral oil.
1. It comes in a quantity of 150 ml.
2. Both men or women can use it.
1. The Mamaearth Onion Oil for Hair Growth & Hair Fall Control with Redensyl comes with onion that makes it great for your hair growth. Onion is a great thing to reduce hair fall and promote hair growth. Thus, this oil is essential for all the people looking for a solution to cure your hair fall issues.
2. The hair oil comes along with amazing essential oil such as amla, sunflower, hibiscus oils to give your hair the strength it requires. You can use it on your chemically treated hair as it safe for your chemically treated hair. It will keep the moisture locked and hydrated.
3. The hair oil is all-natural, and toxin-free means it has no SLS, Sulfates, Mineral Oil, Paraben, Petroleum, etc. It is suitable for both men and women to use on their hair. This is 100% safe to use, and that is what I like about this hair oil.
1. May show results lately.
1. It comes in a quantity of 200ml.
2. It is suitable for both men and women.
3. This has 100% cold-pressed oils.
1. The WOW Onion Black Seed Hair Oil is one of the best oil for your hair as it comes with all the fantastic and essential oils such as almond oil, onion black seed oil, coconut oil, castor oil, jojoba oil, and olive oil. It comes further from a reputed brand known for manufacturing fantastic hair care products.
2. Onion black seed oil makes your hair stronger and silkier, whereas almond oil and other vitamins make hair softer and glossier. Coconut oil is rich in fatty acids and protects your hair from getting damaged from pollution, styling, etc. Jojoba oil, on the other hand, increases your hair vitality.
3. You will only need a few drops of this hair oil. Massage it onto your hair and scalp gently for around 30 minutes and leave it overnight or for an hour. Shampoo it with a mild shampoo next morning, and air dry it. You will be left with the best hair possible.
1. It is a little expensive.
1. It comes in a quantity of 250ml.
2. This has 100% natural ingredients
1. The Luxura Sciences Onion Hair Oil comes with all the 100% natural ingredients. There are no chemicals added and have no artificial fragrances. The product is fantastic as it has all good things such as vitamins, minerals, proteins, as well as antioxidants to protect your hair. It gives your hair strength as well as the shine you require.
2. What I like more about the product is that it has all the essential oils such as Hibiscus oil, Jamaican Black Castor oil, Argan oil, Onion oil to make your hair look better than ever. It will make your hair shinier, smoother and nourished. If you have dry and frizzy hair, then you can opt for this amazing hair oil. It will cure your thick, damaged and chemically treated hair.
2. With the use of this hair oil, you can provide your hair with all the nourishment and revitalise it. The best part is that with regular usage, you can visibly see the growth of your hair. It will improve your hair quality and texture. You will require only a few drops of this oil and use it on your hair and massage it onto your hair.
3. You can use it onto your hair as a hair mask and leave it overnight to nourish your hair fully. It is suitable for all hair types, and everyone can use it. This deeply conditions your hair and gives your damaged hair a healthy look.
1. You should do a patch test before using it.
2. It is little expensive.
1. It comes in a quantity of 100ml.
2. This is good for both men and women.
1. Are you looking forward to buying a medicated hair oil, then the Indulekha Bhringa Hair Oil is the best choice you have. It comes with proprietary Ayurvedic medicine that is suggested for regulating the scalp and hair conditions such as dandruff, hair fall, etc. Using this on your daily hair care regime, you will see visible results. It cures your itchiness as it has anti-inflammatory properties.
2. What I like more about the product is that it has neem that helps to cleanse your scalp and promote hair growth. To keep your hair dark, lustrous, and healthy, it has amla that is rich in antioxidants as well as Vitamin C. The hair oil is excellent for chemically treated hair as it will maintain the quality of your hair and will keep it nourished.
3. The hair oil has virgin coconut oil which is extracted using the cold compression method. It prevents your hair from breakage and cures split ends. This hair oil is excellent for providing nourishment to your hair roots. Overall, hair oil is rich in minerals, vitamins, fragrance, anti-oxidants, etc.
1. It may take time to give you a proper result.
Hair Oil Buying Guide
1. Know Your Hair Type
Can you go with the well-scented hair oil in a fancy bottle? Well! You can go with it unless and until it suits your hair type. Almost all the hair oils are meant to treat and benefit a specific hair type, and you can get more benefit if you choose the correct one for yourself.
But think if you don’t know your exact issue, then you won’t be able to cure it right? Thus, you need to know your hair type such as oily, dry, fine or coarse. You will find a plethora of options for each variant of hair.
Next time while buying a hair oil, keep in mind to choose one as per your hair type. It will give the desired result.
2. Brand of the Hair Oil
Another essential factor to consider is the brand of the oil you are opting for. No matter how much you deny, but you can’t just go for any random one and expect amazing results. Buying oil from any sub-standard brand may cause harm to your hair and may not give you the expected results.
I suggest you go for the brand that suited you for a longer period. However, if you are a beginner, you might have to do a little bit of research and hard work to find your best choice.
To ease out work, I have made a list of product reviews to give you an idea of what you should choose and what not. The moral of the story is that you must opt for a hair oil that suits your hair type.
Using hair oil more frequently will result in buoyant as well as healthy hair. Thus, it is very much essential for you to wait for some time to see a visible result. Don’t go overboard with the amount of oil. It won’t do any benefit to your hair.
While shopping for hair oil, you might think that going for so many qualities in one bottle may cost you a lot. Well! Not really! You must weigh your priorities as per your requirements.
Want a solution for a temporary problem related to hair? In that case, you can go beyond your budget. But, looking for an oil to include in your hair care regime, then you must look at the budget and spend wisely.
You will find several options affordable expensive both and from good brands as well. You must do a little research, or you can check out the products mentioned here.
Types of Hair Oil
There are different types of hair oils present in the market suitable for different hair treatments. I have mentioned some of the essential hair oils available below along with brief details.
1. Coconut Oil
One of the natural oil for hair is the coconut oil which is a versatile one and treats skin issues as well. You will find several varieties of coconut oil such as refined, extra-virgin and unrefined ones. This one is the by far the best oil for your hair growth.
Coconut oil is excellent for treating dull, dry, and damaged hair. This helps to make your scalp healthier and replenish the strands as well.
2. Argan Oil
Argan oil is often known as Moroccan oil. It comes from the Argan trees which are rich in antioxidants, Vitamin E, and fatty acids. This helps to make the hair shiny and beautiful. The oil has a golden colour and thus, known as the “Liquid Gold”.
If you are suffering from dry, frizzy, as well as brittle and coarse hair, then you must opt for this. This is suitable for people with greasy hair as well.
3. Grapeseed Oil
Oils can be extracted from grape seeds in the cold-pressed form which is rich in antioxidants and emollients. The oil is excellent for dry, brittle, and dull hair.
This is known for treating dandruff as well as dermatitis effectively. You can help your hair grow with the help of this oil.
4. Jojoba Oil
The oil that is extracted from the jojoba plant is the jojoba oil and is excellent for treating the hair. It penetrates the hair follicle as well as the hair shaft. The oil is excellent for treating dull, damaged and dry hair.
If you are suffering from dry scalp issues and possibly have dandruff, then you can try this oil for treating the problems.
5. Sweet Almond Oil
The extract of kernels is almond oil and is found inside the almond itself. This oil is highly rich in Vitamin E, proteins, fatty acids as well as other antioxidants. It will help in reducing hair breakage and thus, will boost hair growth.
6. Lemongrass Oil
There is another essential oil found in the Poaceae family is the lemongrass oil. This is great for all types of hair and can teat any hair issues. The oil has several minerals and vitamins which are great for hair growth.
To strengthen the hair follicles and prevent hair loss, the lemongrass oil is essential.
7. Olive Oil
Olives are a great source of hydration, and thus the oil extracted from it is fantastic for curing dry scalp. It can fight as well as exfoliate dandruff from your scalp. The oil has a smoothing feature that helps to smoothen out your hair strands.
This oil is very rich in antioxidants and has no chemical ingredients.
8. Macadamia Oil
If you are suffering from dehydrated and damaged hair, then the ideal oil for you is the macadamia oil. It can be used every week as a mask for dry hair. The hair oil is excellent for replenishing the tresses post heavy heat as well as styling sessions.
9. Baobab Oil
If you are looking for an oil for your hair growth, then look for Baobab Oil. In the foreign market, this hair oil is hyped due to the high vitamin content. This oil has fatty acids to provide your hair with nourishment and hydration.
The oil is infused with the goodness of vitamins such as vitamins A, E, D, and F to improve the elasticity of your hair. It further boosts the cells to regenerate.
10. Kalahari Melon Seed Oil
If you have sensitive skin and you are looking for a hair oil that suits your scalp, then the Kalahari Melon Seed Oil is your ideal choice. It has proteins, vitamins such as vitamin B2, G, and C as well as omega 6.
This is a fantastic reparative oil that is gentle on your scalp as well as skin. It gives your hair the desired shine and helps in curing itchiness, dermatitis or psoriasis.
What are the Benefits of Hair Oil?
There are several benefits of hair oil, and you can’t simply skip it from your hair care routine. Here I have mentioned certain very crucial benefits of hair oil.
1. Oils like olive oil are great for protecting your hair from any damages and will offer your hair a healthy appearance. They are great for keeping the hair hydrated and moisturised, making them manageable.
2. There are a few hair oils that help in fighting against antifungal as well as antiviral properties. Oils are great to inhabit dandruff that is caused by yeast.
3. Hair oils are amazing in reducing any inflammation caused by dermatitis. Your hair loss will be prevented, and hair will look shiny and healthy.
4. Oils such as grapeseed block the DHT production, which is a hormone that causes hair loss. Head oils are good to stimulate hair growth.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. Which hair oil is excellent to stop hair fall?
There are so many variations of hair oil available in the market. Different people have different types of the scalp. Thus, you need to try out certain types of hair oil to cure your hair fall. You can go through the products mentioned as well as can check the buying guide to understand the different kinds of oil present.
2. Is it ideal to apply hair oil on wet or dry hair?
Both work differently, and you should decide depending on the type of result you are seeking. Apply hair oil on wet hair in case you want to detangle your hair and protect it from the heat in case you blow-dry.
On the other hand, you can use the oil on dry hair to achieve the frizz-free look of the hair. It allows you to protect from UV and pollution.
3. How much hair oil should I apply?
Well! The quantity of hair oil you should apply to your hair depends on the hair thickness, condition, hair type, length as well as the texture.
4. Should I oil my scalp?
Oiling the scalp may cause you dandruff, but it helps in stimulating the blood circulation. You can even relax your body by oiling your scalp.
Are you looking forward to buying a hair oil to combat all the hair-related issues? Well! Then this article is entirely for you, and I hope it has helped you in choosing the best suitable hair oil. I have made this buying guide along with the top 10 best hair oil in India reviews to let you get the best.
Having good hair oil will inevitably cure all your hair related issues. However, if you are confused about which one to buy, then you can surely comment on your queries below, and I will be happy to help you out.