One of the most important work in daily household chores is chopping. Chopping vegetables is one thing you can surely not neglect. However, using a traditional way of chopping will take a lot of efforts and time.
People usually have a lot of work to do nowadays and don’t get time to chop food items. Hence, a vegetable chopper can come real handy.
With so many products already available in the market, it can sometimes be confusing to choose a single product. You need to know your requirements along with your budget to have the best one for your kitchen.
However, you don’t need to worry, as I have made a list of top 10 best vegetable choppers in India along with the buying guide.
Table of Contents
These are the Top 10 Best Vegetable Choppers in India 2023:
1. Borosil Chef Delite BCH20DBB21 300-Watt Chopper
The Borosil Chef Delite BCH20DBB21 300-Watt Chopper is the best vegetable chopper in India.
1. It comes with a motor speed of 300 Watts.
2. This has an anti-skid base.
3. There is a push-button.
4. It comes with low noise operation.
5. This comes with two years of warranty.
1. If you are looking for a classic and elegant looking vegetable chopper, then the Borosil Chef Delite BCH20DBB21 300-Watt Chopper is an ideal option for you. Borosil is a great brand and known for its reputation in the market, and this is due to the quality of home and kitchen appliances it manufactures.
2. This product comes along with a fantastic motor power of 300 Watts. It is very much efficient for chopping different types of vegetables. It can cut or chop even hard ingredients.
3. This device further makes no or low noise, which is why it is an excellent preference for many people. There is an anti-skid base which is made up of rubber. It further helps to keep the product safe and secure while you store it.
4. The product comes along with chopping container, a rubber lid, a chopper, and a blade set. So you get a complete package with this one. Furthermore, the dual blades were so sharp and edgy to give the perfect cuts to the spinach, including other leafy vegetables.
5. What I like more is the design this chopper has. This is light in weight, which further makes it easily portable. I found it works comfortably well. The grip is quite sturdy and good. There is no noise or less noise production, which is tolerable.
1. There is no such con.
2. Orpat Express 250-Watt Chopper
The Orpat Express 250-Watt Chopper is the number 2 product on the list.
1. This requires no installation.
2. It has power pod, which is easy to use.
3. The motor is noiseless and produces very little noise.
4. For easy chopping, it has full blade technology.
5. There is a squash guard cover.
6. The motor speed is 250 Watts.
1. The Orpat Express 250-Watt Chopper is from a very reputed brand of Orpat which is known for manufacturing great quality home and kitchen appliances. This is yet another product from the brand which you can rely on.
2. This product comes along with a fantastic design which looks classy. It is light in weight and thus, easily portable. You can use this product easily anywhere without feeling uncomfortable.
3. It has a powerful motor which comes with a power of 250 Watts. I think it is pretty decent for efficiently chopping vegetables. The motor is quite sturdy and robust, which is why the product life span is high.
4. The product further comes along with an anti-slip base, which makes it easy to store. It has a storage container which has a space of 700ml. I found it great for storing vegetables.
5. The blades are sturdy and strong, which is efficient to chop vegetables. It has sharp edges to cut everything evenly.
1. It is made up of cheap material which could have been better.
3. Glen GL4043 250-Watt 0.4-Litre Mini Chopper
The Glen GL4043 250-Watt 0.4-Litre Mini Chopper is the number 3 product on the list.
1. This has a fast chopping operation.
2. The product has 250 Watts motor speed.
3. It has a transparent body for easy view.
4. The blades are stainless steel.
5. It can do mixing and mincing.
6. The capacity is of 0.4litres.
1. The Glen GL4043 250-Watt 0.4-Litre Mini Chopper is one of the amazing vegetable choppers that comes from the brand of Glen, which has a good reputation in the market of India.
2. This device comes along with a compact design, which makes it easy to store as well as carry. The portability factor is excellent as a result of which you can carry it anywhere.
3. The product further comes along with an efficient chopping function. The motor speed is around 250 Watts, which make the device fast in operation. It comes along with a stainless steel blade which makes sure that the vegetables are chopped evenly.
4. Furthermore, the product comes along with a drip tray which has a matt steel finish. It can be very much beneficial for regular use.
1. It makes a lot of noise.
2. You may get unevenly chopped vegetables at times.
4. Preethi Turbo Chop CH 601 0.7-Litre 450-Watt Chopper
The Preethi Turbo Chop CH 601 0.7-Litre 450-Watt Chopper is the number 4 product on the list.
1. It has stainless steel blades.
2. This has a jar bowl.
3. It consumes 450 Watts of power.
4. The chopping is fast.
5. It has a bowl of the capacity of 0.7 litres.
1. If you are looking for a vegetable chopper which comes a very powerful motor, then your ideal choice can be the Preethi Turbo Chop CH 601 0.7-Litre 450-Watt Chopper. It is a great product which has a powerful motor of 450 Watts power consumption.
2. The device comes with a stainless steel blade, which is great for high performance. It chops the vegetables evenly and quickly. With this, you can chop off the cabbage, onions, nuts, etc.
3. It further comes along with a jar bowl which has a small capacity of 0.7 litres. However, it can be a good option for storing and chopping vegetables. Overall, the product is easier to use.
4. It has a compact design which makes it a great way to fit into your kitchen. The product is light in weight, and it has a comfortable grip. You can easily carry it to anywhere you feel like.
1. The quality could have been a little better.
5. Prestige PEC 1.0 450-Watt Electric Chopper
The Prestige PEC 1.0 450-Watt Electric Chopper is the number 5 product on the list.
1. It comes with a press button.
2. This has a powerful motor of 450 Watts.
3. It comes with a transparent jar.
4. There is a twin SS blade.
1. The Prestige PEC 1.0 450-Watt Electric Chopper is an excellent product from the brand Prestige, which is reliable and comes handy when in need as well. It comes along with a twin stainless steel blade which is sturdy and robust enough to chop the vegetables without any issues.
2. The product further comes along with a transparent jar, which is excellent for seeing the process. It makes sure that the product is great for visibility.
3. What I like more is that the product has a press button which makes the whole process easier. This press button will make a quick start making the performance faster.
4. Furthermore, the device comes with a powerful motor which allows efficient and fast performance. It has a compact design which gives it a great look. This is easy to store as well as maintain.
1. No colour option.
6. Prestige PEC 3.0 250-Watt Electric Chopper
The Prestige PEC 3.0 250-Watt Electric Chopper is the number 6 product on the list.
1. It requires no electricity to operate.
2. It comes with a year warranty.
3. This has a unique ring handle.
4. It comes with a press button.
5. The motor speed is 250 Watts.
1. The Prestige PEC 3.0 250-Watt Electric Chopper comes with a sleek, versatile, and compact design which is excellent for chopping even hard vegetables such as onions. It has a compact design which makes sure you can store it without any hassle.
2. With this product, you will get a transparent jar which has a good capacity. This makes sure you see the process while it works. You will see a press-button which will help you to quick start the device.
3. The product is easy to use and will give you ultimate control for the chopping. I feel the product is a multipurpose one. It can be used for whisking, cutting fruits, crushing nuts, ice-cream apart from just vegetable chopping.
4. The motor is powerful, which consumes a power of 250 Watts. This enhances the performance and makes sure the vegetables are chopped evenly. The blades are made up of stainless steel blade which could be of better quality.
1. The blade quality isn’t good.
7. Morphy Richards Vivo Chopper
The Morphy Richards Vivo Chopper is the number 7 product on the list.
1. It has a power of 260 Watts.
2. It comes with good quality blades.
3. The chopping functionality is fantastic.
4. It has two years of warranty.
1. The Morphy Richards Vivo Chopper is an excellent device from the brand Morphy Richards, which is known for making great quality kitchen appliances. This is a reliable product from their end. You can opt for this device if you feel this will suit your needs.
2. The device further comes along with easy push-button, which helps in the fast start operation. It will take you hardly a few minutes to do the work. The white colour further adds to its look, making it a perfect fit for all the modern-day modular kitchen.
3. This product has adjustable speed control, which allows you to control the speed of the process according to your requirements. It can be beneficial for those who require the exact consistency of the chopping they need for the specific item.
4. The product consumes 260 Watts, which is excellent for efficient performance and on the other, being an energy-sufficient product. You will also get a whisking accessory with it which helps for the whisking as well.
1. It makes a lot of noise.
2. You can’t use it to chop large vegetables.
8. Inalsa Joy 250-Watt Electric Mini Chopper
The Inalsa Joy 250-Watt Electric Mini Chopper is the number 8 product on the list.
1. It has premium quality SS blade.
2. This comes with a transparent bowl.
3. The jar capacity is 500ml.
4. It has a manual within the box.
5. It consumes a power of 250 Watts.
1. If you are looking for a product which comes from a reliable brand of Insala, then the Inalsa Joy 250-Watt Electric Mini Chopper can be an ideal option. It is 50 years old company which is known for manufacturing premium quality kitchen and home appliances.
2. This product comes along with a transparent bowl which has a capacity of 500ml. Thus, it enhances the durability of the device, which further makes the chopping of vegetables smooth and great.
3. The product furthermore comes along with the premium quality of SS blades, which is excellent for chopping vegetables. It makes chopping fast and effective. This won’t cause any overheating. The speed control factor is excellent for controlling the speed, which makes sure you can control speed according to your needs.
4. The best part is that the device has a whisker blade, which is excellent for churning chutney, making a nice batter. Overall, this whisker blade is a multipurpose one which you can work with for different works.
1. You shouldn’t use a huge quantity at a time.
9. Amazon Brand – Solimo 200-Watt Electric Chopper
The Amazon Brand – Solimo 200-Watt Electric Chopper is the number 9 product on the list.
1. It has an easy installation.
2. This comes with a powerful motor.
3. It consumes a power of 200 Watts.
4. This has a bowl of 500ml.
5. It comes with sharp blades.
1. The Amazon Brand – Solimo 200-Watt Electric Chopper comes with a great design and has a nice combination of white and grey. I found it great for all the modular kitchen. Thus, you can opt for this product.
2. This device further comes along with a powerful motor of 200 Watts power consumption. It is excellent for showing high performance. This would cut and chop the vegetables properly.
3. The vegetable chopper comes along with an easy installation which requires no such hassle for an installation. It is easy to use as well, and the chopping bowl has a 500ml capacity.
4. The blades are made up of stainless steel material. They are sharp, edgy, sturdy and strong, which makes sure vegetables are cut into uniform pieces.
1. Blade quality isn’t that great.
2. There is no manual.
10. Inalsa Bullet 400-Watt Electric Chopper with Twin Blade Technology
The Inalsa Bullet 400-Watt Electric Chopper with Twin Blade Technology is the number 10 product on the list.
1. It is an energy-efficient model.
2. The product performs multiple options.
3. The power of the motor is 400 Watts.
4. It comes with a twin blade technology.
1. Insala is a reputed brand in India which is known for manufacturing quality and innovative products for the last 50 years. This Inalsa Bullet 400-Watt Electric Chopper with Twin Blade Technology is one such fantastic product to rely on.
2. The product comes along with a stylish yet compact design, which makes it an amazing model to keep in the kitchen. It will fit the modern kitchen interior. It comes with a stainless steel exterior front designed, which gives it a classy look.
3. This device is a multi-purpose one which can chop all your fruits, vegetables, nuts easily and effectively. There is a double-layered blade to help in the whole chopping process. It can cut the vegetables in no or less time.
4. The motor of this device is super powerful, which is around 400 Watts. It will chop, grind, dice, crush food items in no time according to your needs. Furthermore, there is a press button which is at the top and gives excellent control while chopping.
5. This device comes along with a transparent jar which has a capacity of 900ml. It provides enhanced durability and comes with a visible look to see the level of chopping.
1. It makes noises a lot.
2. The motor takes a lot more time to turn on.
Vegetable Chopper Buying Guide
Buying a vegetable chopper is not a difficult task, but with so many models available, you need to be careful. Honestly, there is no rocket science behind a chopper. They are simple devices which let you cut all types of vegetables evenly.
But before you invest your hard-earned money on a product randomly, you should go through the buying guide below.
Capacity is yet another significant factor to look for while buying a vegetable chopper. As you know now, there are two types of choppers- manual and electric vegetable choppers.
You will find a bowl container that comes with a vegetable chopper which is used for chopping and storing the food items. If you are preparing food for one or two people, then a small container would work pretty decent. On the other hand, a large capacity of the bowl is a must for a big family get-together.
Thus, I would suggest you look for the capacity of the chopper container before you opt for a product. Understand your requirements and then choose accordingly.
One of the most crucial factors to look for in a vegetable chopper is the durability. If you are investing your hard-earned money on something, then you must want it to be sturdy enough.
Thus, I advise you to check the customer reviews of the product you are choosing. Checking the warranty period will help you further as it makes the usage hassle-free.
3. Ease of Use
There are several models available, and with each model, the operation differs as well. Thus, you need to be very much acquainted with the product you will be using.
For easier use, you should opt for the press box model as it requires less power to press down. It comes with a storage box, which is great for storing. Assembling the boxes isn’t difficult.
Electric vegetable choppers are easy to chop, and once you are well acquainted with it, you will be set to work with it. However, I recommend you to wear proper gear while you are using the product.
4. Dishwasher Safe or Not
Yes! Without a doubt, vegetable choppers are of great comfort and make work easier. But, in case the device isn’t easier to clean, you will not be able to use it. Will you?
However, in that situation, the product which is dishwasher safe can be a great option. That will let you dismantle all the components and wash using the dishwasher.
Furthermore, you don’t need to use the scrubber to take out the vegetable peels. Thus, you should look for a product that is dishwasher safe and comes with a dishwasher safe bowl as well as blades. This will save a lot of your time.
5. Type of Blades and Material
You will need to have sharp and sturdy blades to cut the vegetables properly. The blades that are stainless steel material would be a great option as they are rust-proof and resistant to corrosion as well.
Usually, the stainless steel blades are durable and are easy to maintain and clean. Furthermore, the type of blade is yet another factor to consider apart from the material it is made up of. It is good to opt for a straight-lined normal blade.
In case you want to take the cutting game to the next level then, you can opt for the saw and spiral designed blades.
Bisphenol-A or BPA should be another concern while you think of purchasing a food or kitchen appliance. To harden the plastic and to give them a proper shape, this BPA chemical is used.
However, there are a few individuals who like to avoid BPA, especially if it comes in contact with the food. Thus, you can buy BPA-free products.
7. Price and Warranty
While you think of purchasing a product, you need to keep in mind the price point. Think about an amount you want to invest in a particular product and then decide on the factors you require.
This will help you in getting the product with your desired requirements within your budget. On the other hand, a warranty is a must to check, which is usually avoided by the buyers. It will allow you to use the product without any hassle for a longer period.
Types of Vegetable Chopper
a) Electric Chopper
The electric choppers are usually the best way of chopping vegetables. They are more convenient and as well as faster than the manual ones. However, this type of choppers is ideal for big restaurants where the quantity of chopping vegetables are more.
You can use them at home for regular use as well. They are an excellent fit for the modern interior kitchen with a modular design. Keep in mind that they are a lot more expensive when compared to the manual ones. Here are the following you can do with an electric chopper:
a) You can cut all kinds of meat and vegetables as well.
b) It can whip curd as well as cream.
c) You can use it for cutting down the rice.
d) It can make fruit or vegetable puree.
b) Manual Chopper
One of the most common kitchen appliances that you can find in every Indian kitchen is the manual chopper. If you are looking forward to doing small works, then these are the ideal ones.
These are generally made up of plastic material and have steel bladed cutters. They have pointed blades which ensures you can cut vegetables evenly. Using the manual chopper, you can do the following tasks:
a) They are lightweight and portable.
b) It can chop any vegetables.
c) They are affordable.
d) You can use them to mince any meat.
e) It has a storage box along with them.
So you thought all the manual vegetable choppers work using the same process? Well! Then I am sorry, you are wrong. There are three different types of manual choppers available in the market. Here are they:
1. Box Models
These are good for multi-usage and comes in a square or long rectangular shaped boxes that have blades attached on their base. They are great to cut fruits and vegetables. All you need to do is place the food items on these blades and then shut the box. You will then get diced pieces.
2. Pulley Type Choppers
Generally, the pulley type choppers come along with a pulley as well as a string and use the same mechanism. You need to pull the string to ensure the blades are rotating inside the box.
This will properly cut the vegetables. You can see the whole process works like or seems like the Beyblades. Interesting right?
3. Food Processor Choppers
The food processor choppers work more or less like a pulley model only, but the blade rotation mechanism is little different. You will have a handle on the top of the device in place of a pulley.
You need to rotate the handle using your arm, and you will get diced vegetables. With the help of this device, you can make chapati or roti dough using this type of models.
Advantages of Vegetable Chopper
There is no limit of benefits you are going to get with a quality vegetable chopper. Here I have mentioned a few of them such as:
1. Eliminates Waste
Another essential advantage of a chopper is that they are great for giving you a larger quantity of food. Thus, it reduces the amount of waste produced. I feel this to be a huge advantage of a product. This saves money, as well.
One of the significant benefits of having a high-quality vegetable chopper is that they are usually very much time-saving. It will reduce your kitchen chores by almost 50 %.
Thus, you can relax and enjoy your own time in your free time.
3. Good for Health
A food chopper makes the process easier, and it is useful in preparing healthier meals. I found it to be an excellent device for making your kids happy with some great dishes, just like the restaurant.
4. Reduces Mess
We usually use two different kinds of utensils inside the kitchen while chopping off vegetables. However, with this chopper machine, you can smoothly perform the task using only one waste bowl.
Thus, the product is easy to use and needs to extra stress using it. This can easily work without creating any further mess.
A vegetable chopper usually comes with several accessories along with different types of blades. Thus, you can perform several tasks using this device.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. What is the basic difference between food chopper and a food processor?
There is a basic difference between a food processor and a food chopper. A food chopper is smaller than a food processor. They are great for grinding, chopping, and mixing all the food items.
Food processors are heavy and great for blending works. Whereas, the chopper is compact and space-saving and great for cutting and chopping food items.
2. Can a vegetable chopper be used as a blender?
No. They both are different from each other and thus, performs differently. A blender is used for blending purposes and for making soup, puree, cocktails, or sauces, etc.
However, using a food chopper, you can mix, grind, and chop quickly. They are great for making the batter, purees, etc.
3. What is the purpose of using a chopper?
Choppers are used for chopping the food items. They cut species and herbs and are great for preparing dips, salsas, and dressings.
Moreover, they are great at chopping garlic, celery, onions, and carrots. You can also use this device to chop almonds and nuts and use them for garnishing or your baking purpose.
So these are the top 10 best vegetable choppers in India to look out for. You can go through the list and find out the one that suits your requirements and budget.
Furthermore, you can look out at the buying guide to have a better understanding of the device. This will surely help you in getting the best for your kitchen.
If you are still confused and don’t know which one is suitable for you or have any other queries, then you can comment your questions down in the comment section. I will be more than happy to help you out!
Best Food Processors in India