A smartwatch is something more than just a regular watch. It is like a minicomputer which is wrist-worn to get notified about texts, social-network updates, incoming calls, messages, etc.
The technology in smartwatches is evolving, and brands have gone from bulky to sleek and fashion-friendly ones. There are so many options to choose from that can easily make anyone confuse, especially if you aren’t tech-savvy.
However, people need to consider every single factor before purchasing a smartwatch as per their needs. To ease out things, I have made a buying guide along with a list of top 10 best smartwatches in India.
So without further delay, let’s jump into the article.
Table of Contents
- These are the Top 10 Best Smartwatches in India 2020:
- 1. Apple Watch Series 4
- 2. SAMSUNG Gear S3 Frontier Smartwatch
- 3. Apple Watch Series 3
- 4. Fossil Explorist Hr Black Dial Men’s Smart Watch-FTW4012
- 5. Ticwatch E most comfortable Smartwatch
- 6. Amazfit Bip Lite Smart Watch
- 7. Amazfit Verge A181 Phone Call Smart Watch
- 8. Amazfit Huami Bip Touch Screen Smartwatch A1608
- 9. Fitbit Versa Health and Fitness Smartwatch
- 10. Fitbit FB503CPBU Ionic Smartwatch
- Smartwatch Buying Guide
- Precautions and Tips
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Final Talk
These are the Top 10 Best Smartwatches in India 2020:
1. It has a 64-bit dual-core processor.
2. The case size is 44mm.
3. This has a display area of 977 sq mm.
4. It has a case thickness of 10.7mm.
1. If you have a high budget and want to get your hands on the best smartwatch in India, then you must check out the Apple Watch Series 4. It has got an upgraded design along with a big display as well as the ECG sensor. The look is impressive, and you can’t afford to miss it out.
2. It has a case size of 40mm and 44mm. With a thinner look, it will give you a little light feeling compared to Series 3. The product comes along with a notification feature to notify you in case of a low or high heart rate. It has a new breathe watch faces, fall detection, and emergency SOS.
3. The product is your ultimate workout partner with the detection of your fitness activities such as yoga, running, hiking workouts, etc. It has some of the advanced features for the runners such as pace alerts and cadence.
4. This product allows you to receive and make phone calls. You can read your messages, stream Apple Music and Apple Podcasts. The device has an inbuilt cellular that will enable you to use Siri in different ways. With this product, you can control your phone without even taking it out.
1. Compatible with iPhone only.
1. It has a 1.3-inch display screen.
2. It has a dimension of 46mm x 49mm x 12.9mm.
3. This has 4 GB internal memory.
4. The product has 768MB RAM.
5. This has two processor counts.
1. If you are looking for a smartwatch that comes from a reliable brand, then the SAMSUNG Gear S3 Frontier Smartwatch is your ideal choice. It comes with a wireless charging facility and is quite fast at charging. Thus, you don’t need to wait for a longer time to charge your watch.
2. The product comes with 1.3 inches of super AMOLED display to give you a true watch look. It comes with an option to make calls from your wrist. Isn’t it amazing? The amazing inbuilt speakers will allow you to take and make calls. This will let you hear the alarms as well as check the voice messages easily.
3. The product is dust as well as water-resistant. It is relevant to wear at any weather type. This is IP68 rated to withstand dirt and dust. It can stay underwater for 30 minutes. However, it is not suitable for swimmers.
4. With this product, you can choose the watch face as per your choice. There are 15 preloaded designs and more to choose from the app store. Now each of the designs has always stay on display version to give you a seamless look. It has a bezel to turn and adjust the settings such as brightness, contrast levels, etc. You can control the volume, browse the apps and also scroll through the mails.
5. The best thing is that you can swap bands for a change. You will have no lack of choice with the 22 mm bands. With this product, you can put your headset on and listen to all your favourite songs. It has 4 GB internal memory to store and listen to all your chosen songs.
1. After-sales service isn’t that great.
1. It has S3 with a dual-core processor.
2. This has a 740 sq mm display area.
3. It has Bluetooth 4.2.
4. This has up to 18 hours of battery life.
1. Apple Watch Series 3 has a simple, sporty yet elegant look to give you a stylish look. You can rely on this product due to the brand name and performance.
2. The product comes along with a proactive health monitoring feature to keep track of your daily health. It can detect the low and high heart rate and alert you with a notification. There is an emergency SOS along with fall detection.
3. If you require a smartwatch for your fitness track, then this is the ultimate workout partner with the automatic workout detection. There are some advanced features for the runners, such as pace alerts as well as cadence. The product is excellent for connecting the device with your smartphone. It makes it easier for you to receive or make calls, read texts, etc.
1. Compatible with iPhone only.
1. The product weighs 142 Grams.
2. It has a product dimension of 11.2 x 11.2 x 8.1 cm.
3. The water resistance depth is 30 meters.
4. It has Bluetooth 4.1V.
1. If you are looking for a smartwatch that holds the class and the smartness equally, then you cannot afford to miss out on the Fossil Explorist Hr Black Dial Men’s Smart Watch-FTW4012. It has one such classy and elegant design along with the smartness to ensure you are up-to-date with the current affairs.
2. The product comes with the notifications setting that allows you to connect it to your phone via the Bluetooth connectivity option. While you do your workout, this smartwatch is excellent at measuring the heart rate automatically. Whether you are running or you are doing yoga, you can measure the heart rate efficiently.
3. The product comes along with customizable dials. So, you can match and swap your dials as per your style or mood. You have endless choices with this product.
4. The product is waterproof. You can take a shower or swim without any fear, even wash your hands wearing this smartwatch. The watch will remain sound and safe throughout. It has untethered GPS that allows you to track the distance you are running.
1. Google Pay NFC doesn’t work in India.
2. No adapter provided.
3. The battery life isn’t good enough.
1. It has 1.4 inches of an OLED display.
2. This has Android Wear 2.0.
3. It has a dimension of 23.4 x 4.4 x 1.3 cm.
4. This has 1132 Watt-Hours of battery energy.
1. The Ticwatch E most comfortable Smartwatch is a decent product with fantastic performance. It has 1.4 inches of OLED display and a resolution of 400X400. The product has scratch-resistant glass to make it easy to clean. It has 287 dpi to provide you with sharp and vibrant images as well as the text.
2. The product has a small optical heart rate centre that is situated in the middle. It is great for monitoring your body. There is the main button located on the left side of the watch to give you access to every feature, including Google Assistant. The built quality is fantastic, with a mixture of steel and leather to provide a premium and luxurious feel.
3. It has a dual-core processor of 1.2GHz along with 512 MB of RAM. The snappy navigation and easy menu scrolling offer you a safe and seamless experience. This has an always-on display that you can turn off to save extra battery. The product further has 21 watch faces to offer a customizable look every time.
1. Build quality could have been better.
1. The battery lasts up to 45 days.
2. It has a display resolution of 1280 x 1024 (SXGA).
3. The screen size is 1.28 inches.
4. It is water-resistant up to 30 meters of water depth.
1. If you want a smartwatch to help you in keeping a better track of your fitness regime, then you cannot miss out on watches from the brand Amazfit. The Amazfit Bip Lite Smart Watch is one such product that will give you the most in case you are a fitness freak. It comes with a sporty look to suit your style. You can rely on this for all your amazing fitness activities.
2. The product comes with 4 exercise modes such as the treadmill, outdoor cycling, outdoor running, and walking. This is great for counting on your calories, tracking running and walking distance. It will keep you motivated throughout the day.
3. The product comes with a swimproof feature to resist 30m of depth easily. You can easily carry this watch in any weather condition. It can measure 24 hours of continuous heart rate. You can keep track of your heart condition day and night.
4. With this product, you will get an always-on reflective display which is excellent for all your outdoor activities. It has gorilla glass as well as an anti-fingerprint coating which makes it scratch-resistant and easier to clean. This has a sleep tracking feature to monitor your sleeping conditions.
1. No activity tracking for yoga.
2. The display is not good.
1. It has a display resolution of 360 x 360 pixels.
2. This has 1.3 inches of AMOLED display.
3. It has five days of battery life.
4. This got 13 customised dial plates.
5. It has 277 grams of weight.
1. The Amazfit Verge A181 Phone Call Smart Watch is another fantastic product from the brand Amazfit. It has an amazing screen display of 1.3 inches AMOLED to show clear images. The 13 customised clock faces have lifelike clock pointers, and Territory Studio has designed three clock faces.
2. The product comes with an anti-fingerprint coating on the screen to make it smooth as well as easier to clean. With this device, you can receive or make a call. To give you an alert in case of an incoming call, it will ring or vibrate. Thus, you can access your call without taking out your phone every time.
3. The device has 12 sports modes along with an inbuilt GPS and GLONASS dual satellite positioning system. It is great to track your daily fitness activities and will let you know your calorie count. Sport modes are trail run, climb, run, run indoor, walk, skiing, indoor cycling, jumping rope, climb, tennis, soccer, elliptical trainer, etc.
4. With this device, you can avoid the struggle of frequent charging. It has five days of continuous battery life and thus is great for hiking or camping. This has an amazing optical sensor to give you accurate monitoring and has low power consumption. It can measure your heart rate and can detect any abnormality.
1. Little overpriced.
1. The battery lasts up to 45 days.
2. It monitors 24X7.
3. The display resolution is 1280 x 1024 (SXGA).
4. Its weight is 31.8 grams.
1. The Amazfit Huami Bip Touch Screen Smartwatch A1608 is another fantastic product at quite an affordable price point.
2. With this product, you will be able to check messages on your mobile phone. Yes! You will also be notified about the incoming calls or messages at any point. It comes with four sports modes such as indoor run, running, cycling and walking and thus, it is the ultimate outdoor device for you. If you are a fitness freak, you can surely opt for this device.
3. The product is waterproof as well as dustproof. It can survive any weather conditions. It has 1.28 inches of AMOLED screen to give you a crystal clear display with a sleek and elegant look. You can connect the phone and enjoy all the amazing features such as heart rate monitoring, calorie count, etc.
4. With this product, you can stay away from the trouble of charging the smartwatch again and again. The battery will last you for 45days approximately. It comes with a reflective screen display to let you view the screen even during bright rays of sunlight.
1. Updates are not frequent.
2. It has low contrast.
1. This has 15+ exercise modes.
2. It can store 300+ songs.
3. This has 4+ days of battery life.
1. Are you looking forward to purchasing an all-day smartwatch that provides you with the best? If yes, then the Fitbit Versa Health and Fitness Smartwatch is the ideal choice. It comes with 15+ exercise modes to keep track of the workouts you are doing. The SmartTrack will automatically record and remember the exercises for you.
2. The product comes along with smart apps such as sports, finance, social media, and fitness, etc. All these are just one tap away, and you will also have new apps developed by some amazing developers from Fitbit Labs. It has PurePulse continuous heart rate to optimise efforts made during workouts, track calorie burns, measure heart rate. This will allow you to check the cardio fitness level.
3. The Fitbit app will help you track your period date, record symptoms, your health stats such as weight, sleep and eat activities. This has GPS connectivity to measure the distance from one place to another, view maps, etc. It has 4+ days of battery life which is impressive for a smartwatch to have.
4. The product comes with a feature that allows you to perform more exercises with rightly guided coaching. You can follow the step by step guide to complete all the exercises as per your flexibility. It allows you to sleep better with personalised insights as you can track the heart rate, sleeping time, etc.
1. Limited apps are supported.
2. Build quality could have been better.
1. This weighs 200 g.
2. It has 4+ days of battery life.
3. This can store 300+ songs.
1. The Fitbit FB503CPBU Ionic Smartwatch is the last product on my list to look out for. If you are looking for an affordable product, then you must check out this as it offers you the perfect performance. You can rely on this product without any worries.
2. The product comes along with an option to store and play 30+ songs as per your choice. Moreover, you can download the playlists from Pandora. Isn’t it amazing? The product has inbuilt GPS connectivity to track the distance and the routes. It further allows you to check the continuous heart rate.
3. The product has 4+ days of battery life to give you a tension-free activity all day long. You can use it for hiking, camping or trekking without any worries. You can go for swimming, rides, running, workout, etc. This has a circumference range between 140-206 millimetres and has a syncing range of 6.1 meters.
1. Synchronisation issues are there.
2. The sleep tracking is not auto recognised.
Smartwatch Buying Guide
1. Operating System
Most of the smartwatches that are available in the market are manufactured to work with the smartphones; thus, device compatibility plays an essential role. You need to check for the operating system that the smartwatch uses. Suppose, you are opting for an Apple smartwatch; then you need to have an iOS device.
Easy connectivity makes it convenient for you to use the device. You should always opt for the ones that easy to connect with every operating device. Having multiple connectivity options will allow you to connect with all kinds of phones. It can be helpful in case you change or upgrade to a new phone.
Smartwatches are meant to make things easier for you. Thus, you should look for one that feels comfortable when you wear it on your wrist. There are several designs and styles available in the market. However, the ones with straps are easier to change than that of the bands.
Most of the smartwatches these days come with a colourful LED screen. This allows you to view apps, photos, time, and events. Some even use extra battery power to turn off the screen when you are away from the watch, or you are sleeping.
The OLED and the AMOLED display works without the use of any backlight. They produce black and contrast ratios. These save energy from the rest and are thinner types. The AMOLED shows a full-colour screen, whereas the OLED shows multi, single, or full colours.
3. Battery Power
One of the most tricky parts while choosing a smartwatch is battery life. It is of a little concern as the battery power of a smartwatch lasts for half a day or at max a full day. Everything depends on smart features, connectivities, and wearable designs and causes a significant impact on battery life.
However, some models have smart options and yet have good battery backups. You should check for the rated battery life before buying a smartwatch as it is one of the essential parts to have the best experience.
4. Touch Interface
When you think of buying an electronic device, the first and foremost thing a buyer looks for is the easy interface. And smartwatches are meant to make things easily accessible and are one hand operators. Thus, you should look for a smooth touch interface to have an easy operation.
If you are buying a smartwatch, then you don’t want to struggle hard with the gestures. Look for something that has easy navigation and smooth gestures to give you the best experience. You can also look for other features such as side switches as well as voice commands.
5. Water Resistance
The smartwatch usually stays on your wrist for a longer period, and there is a possibility of treating it just like the simple watch. You may even forget that it is on your wrist. As a result, the device has more chance of getting exposed to the dangers of wear and tear. You should at least look carefully for the watches that are splashproof.
Well! All the smartwatches available in the market are splashproof, whereas there are only a few waterproof models which are expensive. Splashproof watches are meant to handle rainwater, but they aren’t able to handle vast amounts of water.
6. Fitness Features
Do you want to stay fit and healthy but don’t know how to track your fitness activities, then you might need a smartwatch with fitness features. It will allow you to monitor your calorie rate, heart rate, etc.
The fitness feature can be beneficial for all those who want to have a track record of every activity they are doing in a day. It will help you to stay active, fit and healthy as well.
7. Design and Build Quality
Buying a smartwatch means it is not a general watch; it should look smart as well as perform smart. Thus, the design is a crucial factor to look when you are investing your money on a smartwatch.
Check for a design that is a great fit for your wrist size as well as should compliment your style statement. You will get a lot of options in the market, such as feminine, sporty, sophisticated, casual, etc. There a lot of devices that come with changeable features such as face, skin, band, and wrist.
Thus, you need to look around a bit to see what suits your style and opt for the one that enhances your overall look. You can find some decent product mentioned above.
One of the main reasons to buy a smartwatch is to get access to your smartphone all the time. You can see all the notification such as emails, calls, alarms, messages, and other activities that you may want to access.
A smartwatch that comes with the feature of notification will keep you updated with your smartphone activities. You can track your email, call logs, apps, and can control the voice search, Google Assistant, fitness apps well.
Thus, you must consider the notification factor before buying the smartwatch. This ensures you are always up-to-date with everything that is happening on your phone.
9. Price and Warranty
Usually, a buyer tends to ignore the warranty a product comes with. It is mandatory to look for the warranty period as it will ensure you longer usage.
Price is another factor to consider while purchasing a smartwatch. You should set a budget in your mind and then look for the factors within the budget to suit your needs. Not all the expensive smartwatches are always worthy; you should also check for the affordable ones. They can be equally good to meet your needs.
10. Other Features
There are some additional features that you need to look for while you purchase a smartwatch. These features can help you in need and also entertain you at times. Here are the features listed below to look at:
While going on a long trip, we all love to listen to some good music. The low battery indicator on the mobile phones isn’t a good thing to see. In this kind of situation, a smartwatch can be your saviour.
It comes with apps that allow you to store good music of your choice. And you can even download music apps to listen to your favourite songs.
b) Voice Controller
Another essential factor to look for in a smartwatch is the voice controller. Nowadays, nobody likes to inputs things manually, or typing isn’t on-trend. Thus, a voice controller option can be very beneficial to receive and send messages, voice commands, surf the internet, record, etc.
Having a smartwatch isn’t enough unless and until you have all the best features in it. There are a few smartwatches available in the market that comes with the alarm feature. It will alert you in case you set up an alarm call for waking up or for any activities. This will repeatedly buzz until and unless you stop it yourself. Thus, you will never miss an activity with the device.
There a few smartwatches that come along with a GPS feature. This makes it easy to track the exact location, and it is essential to visit any new places in the city. It enhances security as well by informing your family members and relatives about your whereabouts and current activities.
Precautions and Tips
1. Always try to opt for the high rated batteries.
2. To control power consumption, make sure you turn off the notifications when not needed.
3. Don’t purchase a smartphone or a smartwatch without knowing the compatibility factor.
4. Try to avoid doing online transactions using your smartwatch.
5. Pick the ones that come with heart-rate sensors and GPS navigation, in case you are a fitness freak.
6. Use a passcode or lock pattern to enhance the security of your smartwatch.
7. Check for the buckles, glass as well as the strap as per your comfortability.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. Are all smartwatches waterproof?
No! All smartwatches aren’t waterproof at all. Recently, they are relaunched with a resistivity factor of 50 meters. Apart from this, there is Ingress protection of IP68, which can resist water for a minimum amount of time. These are great for swimmers to track their swimming activity.
2. Why the smartwatches feature inbuilt sensors?
Since all the smartwatches are meant to wear on your wrist, it stays close to your skin and has inbuilt sensor technology. Some of the most common sensors are Gyrometer, GPS tracking, heart-rate tracker, temperature sensor, accelerometer, ambient light, etc.
All these sensors will help you to track your fitness activities. This will keep you healthy and fit.
3. Can I make a call using a smartwatch?
Yes, of course, you can make a call or text someone using a smartwatch. They come with inbuilt speakers as well as memory to store all your contacts. In many watches, there is still a limitation in audio clarity along with the receiver quality. However, you can still work with them.
But, there are a few watches that don’t allow you to call or answer your phone using the smartwatches. You can receive or make the call using your watch, but then you need to proceed with the call using your mobile phone directly.
4. Do all smartwatches require a sim card?
No, not at all! Smartwatches can work without a sim card. To be very accurate, smartwatches are connected to your mobile phones. It allows you to browse and access all the content and information such as texts, alarms, calls, etc.
However, if you opt for an Apple watch, then you can insert a sim card to share your mobile number of your iPhone, and then you can use it even without the iPhone. Other smartwatches give you access to insert the sim card. It works simply like a mini mobile phone on your wrist.
5. Is my mobile phone compatible with every smartwatch?
No! Not every smartwatch is compatible with the smartphones available in the market. Smartwatches work on operating systems it is compatible with, one or two depending on the versions it is programmed for. Thus, you need to be careful while choosing a smartwatch.
6. How to set up and charge a smartwatch for the first time?
Well! Every smartwatch comes with manual instruction inside the box. Going through the manual will help you in understanding how to set up the smartwatch and other issues. Once you have set it up, charge it by placing it at the back of the charger. After the charging is done, you should download the android support applications.
Having a smartwatch is good but investing in something worthy is better. Look for a watch that is great in fit and suits your style as well as requirements. Here is a list of all the top 10 best smartwatches in India to choose from. You can go through all the product reviews as well as the buying guide to get the best for yourself.
If you have any other queries, then you can comment it down below. I would be happy to help you out.