Dry Iron is one of the essential home appliances that one must have in their houses. It is excellent for quickly ironing your clothes.
As we all know, properly ironed clothes create a good impression. And everyone starting from professionals to college-goers wants to have crease and wrinkle-free clothes.
Thus, you require an ironing device that can properly iron your clothes. To use a dry iron, you don’t need to be an expert.
You can have a user-friendly product that will make ironing easier for you. I have made a list of the top 10 best dry irons in India that will help you to choose the one that suits your needs.
You can go through the list below and also the buying guide that I have made for you all.
Table of Contents
These are the Top 10 Best Dry Irons in India 2023:
1. Bajaj DX 7 1000-Watt Dry Iron
1. The power cord is 8m long.
2. It consumes 1000 Watts of power.
3. It has a 360-degree rotatable swivel cord.
4. This operates on a voltage of 230 V.
1. If you are looking for a dry iron that works amazingly and is affordable as well, then you must opt for the Bajaj DX 7 1000-Watt Dry Iron. It comes from the brand Bajaj which is known for manufacturing premium quality kitchen and home appliances.
2. The product comes along with a nonstick coated soleplate that helps in the easy gliding of the fabrics. Furthermore, the nonstick facility allows no sticking of the clothes due to high temperature, which might result in the tearing of your clothes. This feature allows easy and smooth functioning, and I feel it is excellent for a dry iron to have.
3. What I like more is the Double Indicator System that is greatly designed to enhance safety as well as convenience. There is a red light that gleams in case the soleplate heating is done. When the desired temperature is achieved, the green light will turn on. There is an adjustable temperature knob that helps to adjust the temperature as well as control it as per your ironing needs.
4. The product is lightweight, and thus, I feel handling it is very easy. I was impressed with the compact design that allows convenient use and makes it travel-friendly as well. There is a 360-degree swivel cord that allows a free movement of ironing in every direction. You don’t need to worry about the tangling of wires, and you can keep your arms and wrist stress-free.
5. The product comes along with the Safety Thermal Fuse to prevent any harm to the device due to extreme heat or high temperature. This feature helps you to avoid any shocks, injuries, or damages due to overheating. It comes with two years warranty period to make it a convenient use.
1. There might occur some light issues.
2. Philips GC181 Heavy Weight 1000-Watt Dry Iron
1. It consumes a power of 1000 watts.
2. It works on a voltage of 220-240 V.
3. This has a cord length of 1.8 m.
4. There is a 360-degree swivel cord.
1. The Philips GC181 Heavy Weight 1000-Watt Dry Iron comes from the brand Philips. It is a fantastic brand that comes with reliable home and kitchen appliances. Thus, you rely on this device without a second thought.
2. The product comes along with an attractive look with a modern touch to it. The black and silver colour combination gives it an elegant look which many buyers will like. I found the grip’s ergonomic design to allow you proper gripping. Furthermore, the product is heat as well as shock-resistant that ensures you are safe from getting any shocks.
3. The product comes along with a heavy soleplate that is black coated. It makes it long-lasting as well as highly durable. It is made up of a Black American Heritage baseplate to provide you with a smooth as well as a uniform press. What I like more is the after shine that you get once the pressing is done. All the clothes look entirely new, which is fantastic.
4. The product comes along with a Temperature Setting Switch which is excellent for controlling as well as adjusting as per the needs. You can iron the clothes as per the material demands. I feel it is excellent for a dry iron to have. All you need to do is to set up the temperature as per the clothing material demands and you are done!
1. The coating might get off easily.
3. Usha Goliath GO1200WG 1200-Watt Dry Iron
Usha Goliath GO1200WG 1200-Watt Dry Iron is the third best dry iron in India.
1. It weighs 1.8 Kg.
2. It consumes a power of 1200 Watts.
3. It has a 360-degree swivel cord.
4. It has a 1.8m long cord.
1. It comes with a dual-coated Golden Weilberger soleplate which makes the iron durable.
2. It has 5 fabric settings that suit all types of fabric.
3. It has an indicator lamp to signal when the soleplate has reached the desired temperature level.
4. Its body is made up of ABS plastic.
5. It comes with thermal fuse protection that prevents the iron from overheating.
1. No cons found.
4. Philips HI114 1000-Watt Golden American Heritage Soleplate Dry Iron
1. It has power indicator lights.
2. This consumes 1000 watts of power.
3. It operates on 240 volts.
1. Are you looking forward to buying a dry iron from a reliable brand? Then, Philips is just the right brand for you. It is known for manufacturing amazing quality home and kitchen appliances. The Philips HI114 1000-Watt Golden American Heritage Soleplate Dry Iron is one such premium quality product.
2. The product is lightweight. It is easily portable and travel-friendly so that you can carry it along with you on your vacations. It has an elegant white-coloured body with a sleek design to make it space-saving.
3. This Philips device comes along with a power consumption of 1000 watts. It is great for distributing the heat uniformly making the performance much more efficient. The product has a temperature ready indicator light which will automatically turn off once the desired ironing temperature is achieved. With this feature, you can easily control the temperature as per the clothing material you will iron.
4. The product has a nonstick soleplate that will ensure no fabric sticking onto the surface. Thus, it will keep the clothes safe even if you keep the temperature at the maximum point. The soleplate is of golden colour and is the Golden American Heritage baseplate to give you the best performance. It further comes along with a swivel cord that makes it convenient to move in any direction preferred.
5. The product comes along with a temperature control knob that allows you to adjust and control the temperature as per need. Thus, it becomes easy for you to iron your clothes. You need to select the temperature depending upon the clothing material. It has two years of warranty which is great.
1. It might not be suitable for heavy fabrics such as jeans.
5. Usha EI 1602 1000-Watt Lightweight Dry Iron
1. It consumes 1000 watts of power.
2. This operates on a voltage power of 240 V.
3. It has indicator lights.
4. The cord is 1.90 metres long.
5. The weight of the iron is 0.79 kgs.
1. If you are looking for a lightweight dry iron that does the work efficiently, then the Usha EI 1602 1000-Watt Lightweight Dry Iron is your ideal choice. It comes from the brand Usha, known for manufacturing premium quality kitchen and home appliances.
2. The product consumes 1000 watts of power which is excellent for smooth ironing. You can get amazingly wrinkle-free garments. This is great for everyday use, and it is user-friendly as well. The product comes along with a cord length of 1.90 m which is sufficient enough to work with.
3. With this product, you will get a temperature control knob that is great for adjusting the temperature as per the needs of the fabric. All you need to do is set the temperature as per the fabric demands and press it accordingly.
4. The product comes along with a year warranty period, which makes it convenient to use. It has a soleplate made up of non-stick PTFE coated material to provide you with extra protection. This won’t stick your clothes onto the iron soleplate and will prevent any damages.
5. To enhance the safety and security of the product, it has a cool-touch body. This ensures your hands don’t get burnt in case of overheating.
1. The handle could have been better.
6. Bajaj Majesty DX 6 1000-Watt Dry Iron
1. It comes with a 360-degree swivel cord.
2. This consumes 1000 watts of power.
3. It comes with a cord length of 1.8 m.
4. This weighs 0.65 kgs.
1. The Bajaj Majesty DX 6 1000-Watt Dry Iron is again from the brand Bajaj which is known for manufacturing amazing quality home and kitchen appliances. If you are searching for an affordable product to iron your clothes, then this is your ideal choice. It is reliable, sturdy, and gives you hassle-free ironing.
2. The product comes along with a Heat Control Switch that is great for adjusting temperature and heat as per the fabric desires. It will help in preventing any damage such as burn, sticking of fabric onto the soleplate, etc. This is quick and easy as it has a circular knob to do the work.
3. The product comes with a shock-proof body. It is made up of plastic material that is shockproof and will allow you to avoid any shocks. This has a soleplate coated with American Heritage material that is easy to press the clothes. It will enable you to iron the fabrics by smoothing the creases out and emulating the steam.
4. What I like more about the device is that it has a soleplate coated with good quality material, making it durable enough to last you long. This will provide you with smooth and wrinkles free pressing. You will get pressed clothes looking just like newly bought ones.
5. The product consumes a power of 1000 Watts which makes it quick and easy to iron the clothes. This will give a creaseless and crisp finish to the garments. The product is scratch resistant and is easy to glide on the clothes and doesn’t stick to the fabric.
1. Power light issues may occur.
7. Bajaj Majesty DX 11 1000-Watt Dry Iron
1. It comes with a 360-degree swivel cord.
2. This comes with 1000 watts of power.
3. It has 230 Volts.
4. There is an indicator light
5. It has a cord length of 1.7m.
1. The Bajaj Majesty DX 11 1000-Watt Dry Iron has a dual-colour body that has a white and steel colour combination to give an elegant look.
2. The weight of the iron is around 700 grams and is easy to use. I feel the lightweight body makes it convenient to iron your clothes. It is very portable, and thus, you can carry it while travelling. The plate is made up of stainless steel to give additional longevity.
3. What I like more is the 360-degree swivel cord that makes it easy for you to move in every direction. You can freely do the movement in every direction, and at every angle, you feel like. It makes the whole ironing process convenient as well as easier.
4. The product comes along with a temperature regulated body that enhances security. It is cool to touch and will protect your hands from any damages or accidental burns. A Safety and Thermal Fuse is great to protect in case of overheating or voltage fluctuations. This will allow you to use the device safely for a longer period of use.
5. An Auto Shut-Off feature switches off the iron once the product reaches the desired temperature. It further protects the cord and prevents it from getting damaged or burning. This has a soleplate of non-stick coating which prevents the fabrics from sticking onto the iron base. It will avoid any damages to your clothes.
1. The handle is a little short.
8. Bajaj DX 2 600-Watts Light Weight Iron
Bajaj DX 2 600-Watts Light Weight Iron is the eighth best dry iron in India.
1. It weighs 660 grams.
2. It consumes a power of 600 W.
3. It comes with a 180-degree swivel cord.
4. It comes with 2 years warranty.
1. It comes with a Non-Stick Coated Soleplate which does not stick to clothes while ironing.
2. It comes with a thermal fuse to protect it from overheating.
3. It is very lightweight which ensures fast and easy ironing.
4. It has a cool-touch handle for a comfortable grip.
1. Its build quality is average.
9. Philips HI113 1000-Watt Plastic Body PTFE Coating Dry Iron
1. It weighs 900 grams.
2. It consumes a power of 1000 W.
3. It has a Black American Heritage soleplate.
4. It comes with 2 years warranty.
1. It has a button groove that makes ironing along with buttons and seams fast and easy.
2. It has an indicator light that goes off when the required ironing temperature has been reached.
3. The Black American Heritage coating provides easy gliding on all fabrics
1. Coating is not that strong.
10. Philips Classic GC097/50 750-Watt Dry Iron
1. It has a ready indicator light.
2. This consumes 750 watts of power.
3. It has a 180-degree swivel cord.
4. It has a ready indicator light.
5. The weight of the iron is 0.54 kgs.
1. The Morphy Richards Daisy 1000-Watt Dry Iron comes from the brand Morphy Richards which is known for manufacturing premium quality home as well as kitchen appliances. It provides you with a great ironing experience.
2. The product comes along with a ready light indicator that will indicate to you in case the iron is ready for ironing. This prevents overheating and ensures your safety. It is lightweight and comes with a swivel cord that moves 180-degree. This will ensure you can move freely in every direction without giving any stress to your wrists.
3. The product consumes 750 Watts of power that makes it efficient for ironing the clothes quickly. What I like more is the thermal fuse protection that is great for enhancing the product durability. It will ensure you don’t get any shock.
4. The product comes with a precision tip that will allow you to iron even the trickiest part of your clothes. It has a black coloured soleplate that is nonstick. This allows for easy gliding and gives you nice and wrinkle-free clothes.
1. The size is quite small.
11. Bajaj DHX 9 1000-Watt Dry Iron
1. It has 1000 Watts of power consumption.
2. It has a 360-degree swivel cord.
3. There is an indicator light.
4. This has 1.7 kgs of weight.
1. The Bajaj DHX 9 1000-Watt Dry Iron comes from the brand Bajaj, known for manufacturing premium quality home as well as kitchen appliances. It has a heavy body which is excellent to flatten out all the creases from your clothes. This is reliable and is great for purchasing if you are looking for a dry iron.
2. The product comes along with PTFE nonstick soleplate which is golden coated with aluminium alloy. This provides you with easy gliding and smoothening of the fabrics you will iron. It removes all the creases from your clothes and makes them wrinkle-free.
3. The product has a metal cover that is of deluxe quality and gives the whole device an attractive as well as a classy look. I feel the design is unique and thus, makes the entire ironing process easier, simpler, and faster. You will also find an Adjustable Temperature Control that allows you to set the temperature as per the clothing material ironed. There are several levels to choose one as per your requirements.
4. With this product, you will find a Safety Thermal Fuse, which is excellent for preventing any shock in case of thermal overloading. This protects the whole circuit from electrical damage by breaking the circuit using the thermal fuse. There are no risks for any shocks, injuries, or power risk, etc., due to the overheating. The auto power-off feature is excellent for turning off the iron once the desired temperature is achieved.
5. The product comes along with a 360-degree swivel cord which allows you to move freely in any direction. You will not have any tangled wires issue and thus, your wrists, as well as the hands, will remain stress-free all the time.
1. It doesn’t give any quick ironing finish.
12. Havells Era 1000-Watt Dry Iron
1. It consumes 1000 watts of power.
2. This works on a voltage of 230 V.
3. The cord length is 1.8m.
4. It comes with a 360-degree swivel cord.
5. This has an indicator light.
1. The Havells Era 1000-Watt Dry Iron has an aerodynamic design to give easy ironing. You can easily press your clothes in no time.
2. The product comes along with a handle that is soft and easy to grip. What I like is that it perfectly fits your hand shape, and thus, you won’t have any physical pain on your hands. I feel the grip makes the handling as well as the lifting of the device easier.
3. The product comes along with a swivel cord that is 360-degree moveable. It helps you to move your hands in every direction and at every angle. I feel this makes the ironing easier as you don’t need to worry about the direction and the angle. It won’t cause any stretch on the cord.
4. With this product, you will get a Fabric Selector Knob. It is excellent for controlling the heat and adjusting the temperature as per the desired fabric. You can control the knob and set the temperature as per the fabric demands. This will ensure a perfect pressing.
5. You will also get an indicator light. It is beneficial to avoid any damage. The light will automatically turn on while the device is on and has reached the desired temperature. What I like more is the Overheating Protection which is great to protect you in case of overheating. You can leave the device on for a longer period; the soleplate won’t overheat.
6. The nonstick coating comes with an American Heritage soleplate. It is die-casted with aluminium to ensure smooth pressing. The fabric won’t stick onto the surface of the baseplate and will provide you with the perfect ironing.
1. It is not suitable for heavy fabric materials such as jeans.
13. Morphy Richards Daisy 1000-Watt Dry Iron
1. It consumes 1000 watts of power.
2. This has a neon indicator.
3. It has a 360-degree swivel cord.
4. The weight of the device is 0.92 kgs.
1. The Morphy Richards Daisy 1000-Watt Dry Iron comes with a fabulous floral design that adds elegance to the device. It looks quite attractive and attracts the eyes. It has a plastic body that makes it lightweight and further provides an artistic value to the device.
2. The product comes along with a swivel cord that can move 360-degree freely. It allows you free movement in every direction and at each angle without any issues. You can effortlessly control the device and keeps your wrists, as well as your hands, stress-free.
3. The product comes along with a neon indicator that is great to prevent you from any damages. It will turn on in case the iron is heated. This has a temperature control knob as well to let you control and adjust the temperature as per the fabric demands. This ensures no spoiling of your clothes.
4. With this product, you will get a nonstick soleplate coated with American Heritage Teflon material. It makes the gliding smooth and the ironing easier. This will guarantee that the fabric isn’t sticking onto the surface.
1. The quality could have been better.
What Is Dry Iron?
Before you buy a dry iron, you must know what it is exactly. And knowing it will surely help you to choose one for yourself. Well! Dry iron is the traditional type of ironing machine. It is more commonly used in India.
It varies from shape, soleplate, budget, design, and colour. Below is a buying guide that you can follow to understand everything about a dry iron.
Dry Iron Buying Guide
While you think of choosing a dry iron, you need to keep in mind certain factors. There are several dry irons in the market, but you need to get your hands on the perfect one. You can do this only if you know how you can choose one and what factors you need to keep in mind.
Below are the different types of factors that you should consider while purchasing a dry iron. So without any further delay, let’s check out the factors in detail.
1. Power Consumption
Every dry iron runs on electricity and thus, consumes power. And honestly, the iron box is a device that consumes much more power than most of the other devices.
However, with the development in the field of technology, some models consume less electricity as compared to the previous models.
2. Cord Length
An important factor to keep in mind while you are looking forward to buying a dry iron is the cord length. This is because not all the dry irons available in the market come with the same power cord length. And the power cord length is very much important to check, as you may not get a socket near the ironing board.
Thus, it may cause you issues connecting the device to the power source. You need to check out the cord length; the shorter ones may create issues in accessing the power board. Having a short power cord can create a lot of mess as well.
Check out the specification to know about the cord length, and it will make sure you have hassle-free use.
Most of the buyer isn’t aware of the term soleplate. Well! It is the base plate of the iron that gets heated and then used for ironing clothes. Thus, before you purchase a dry iron, one essential thing to look for is the soleplate. It can come with different types of soleplates mentioned below.
While you think of buying a dry iron, keep in mind that the ceramic soleplate is the most efficient one and then the nonstick soleplate. The least efficient among the three is the aluminium soleplate.
Now you might think why is it so! Well! The aluminium soleplate is efficient for the first time, but the efficiency decreases with each passing day. As a result, the fabric will start sticking onto the base plate, which will eventually destroy your clothes.
Thus, I would suggest you opt for the one with the ceramic baseplate. They are a little more expensive, and if you are not ready to invest that much, you can go for the ones that come with a nonstick soleplate.
Another critical factor to check while buying a dry iron is the weight. It will be difficult for a buyer to hold and use a heavy-weight dry iron daily. However, a heavyweight iron will provide you with better performance than lightweight ones.
To iron tighter clothes like jeans, jackets, etc., you will need a heavyweight dry iron. Yes! I understand working with a lightweight iron is easy and convenient, but it won’t give you the best performance while ironing.
However, it is your personal choice, but I would suggest you consider the weight once before buying.
One thing you must check is durability. Yes! Check out the build quality before you purchase it. The quality should be strong and sturdy enough to enhance strength.
Furthermore, you should check out the instructions it comes to help you maintain the product. And maintaining the device properly will ensure long time use.
6. Brand and Warranty
Another important factor that usually a buyer forgets to check is the warranty. Well! You must check out the warranty the manufacturers are offering.
A good duration of the warranty period will ensure easy usage without any hassle. If you opt for a dry iron from a decent brand, then you will get a warranty period of 1 to 2 years.
I would always suggest you look for a product from a reputed brand. Lowering your budget and opting for a lesser-known brand may cost you more in maintenance. Thus, I believe you should choose wisely depending upon the factors stated.
Check for the warranty as well to get yourself a convenient way of ironing your clothes.
7. Additional Features
While you invest in a dry iron, you should look for additional features such as fabric settings, temperature control, and auto power off. Not all the clothes you will iron are of the same material, and you need different settings to adjust the heat requirement.
Thus, having a fabric setting option can be a great thing. Another crucial extra feature is a temperature control that can easily control heat distribution.
There is another feature as I talked about the auto power-off feature. It will automatically turn off once the heating is over or the device reaches the desired temperature.
I think the above products mentioned here will suit your requirements. They are great to match your demands. I have focused on quality and performance while listing out the products. Thus, you can rely on the list of the top 10 best dry irons in India and choose one as per your needs.
However, if you are confused, then you can go through the buying list. I am sure that will help you to acknowledge the product and choose a perfect one for yourself. You can further comment down your queries down below. I would be happy to help you out.
Best Steam Iron in India