Are you looking for an easy way to do all the boiling tasks? Well! Having a suitable boiling device can help you in a lot of ways. You can make coffee, tea, soups, Maggi, etc.
With the electric kettles, it has become a lot easier to boil any liquid. It has changed the traditional way of boiling the liquid. These are easy to use, efficient in boiling, safe, and has a huge demand in today’s market.
However, it can be difficult for a person to choose one such product as there are several types of products available in the market.
Thus, I have listed down all the best electric kettles in India down below. Also, you will find a complete buying guide to help you understand the product. So without further delay, let’s start with the article.
Table of Contents
- These are the Top 10 Best Electric Kettles in India 2020:
- 1. Philips HD9303/02 1.2 L Electric Kettle
- 2. Kent 16023 1.7 L Electric Kettle
- 3. Cello Quick Boil 700 0.5 L Electric Kettle
- 4. Inalsa Aliva 1.5 L Electric Kettle
- 5. Butterfly EKN 1.5 L Electric Kettle
- 6. Kitchoff WDF 1.5 L Electric Multi-Purpose Kettle
- 7. Kitchon KIKSS 1.8 L Electric Kettle
- 8. Prestige PKGSS 1.7L Electric Kettle
- 9. iBELL SEK105 0.5 L Electric Kettle
- 10. Prestige PKOSS 1.5 L Electric Kettle
- Electric Kettle Buying Guide
- Benefits of an Electric Kettle
- How to Clean an Electric Kettle?
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Final Talk
These are the Top 10 Best Electric Kettles in India 2020:
1. Philips HD9303/02 1.2 L Electric Kettle
1. It has a stainless steel body.
2. The product has protection for overheating.
3. It has easy pouring and opening.
4. The product is classy looking.
5. It has quality built material.
6. It comes with three years of the warranty period.
7. The power consumption is 1800 Watts.
1. The Philips HD9303/02 is the best electric kettle, in my opinion. It has a fantastic design with a quick heating feature. You can use it for all purpose and is comfortable enough to work with.
2. The product further comes along with a storage capacity of 1.2 litres. It is sufficient enough for a medium-size Indian family. You can easily use it for quick heating of water.
3. This kettle comes along with a stainless steel body which is of high-quality. The stainless steel is of food-grade quality, and thus, you can rely on it. It can withstand the heating temperature as well.
4. Furthermore, the product comes along with steam sensors to alert you in case there occurs any steam inside the product. What I like more is the dry boiling option. I am sure you will love it as well.
5. The product uses a frequency of 50Hz and consumes a power of 1800 watts. The voltage consumption is 230 Volts. And I think it is energy efficient as well.
1. The power cord is a little short by length.
2. Kent 16023 1.7 L Electric Kettle
1. The product has protection for overheating.
2. It has LED indicators.
3. The product is suitable for bigger families.
4. It has an amazing and compact design.
5. The capacity is 1.7 litres.
6. The product consumes 1500 watts.
7. It has a water level indicator.
1. The Kent 16023 is yet another product on my list which comes from a reputed brand of Kent. Thus, you can rely on this electric kettle and boil water using this.
2. The product comes along with a storage capacity of 1.7 litres, which I feel is suitable for a large family. It can fulfil the requirements of the hot beverages of a family with 6-7 people. Thus, you can use it without much concern.
3. The Kent electric kettle consumes a power of 1500 watts. It is an energy as well as power efficient product. Thus, this kettle adds a charm to your kitchen. It saves your electricity bill as well.
4. The electric kettle comes in an attractive design of transparent outer layer. It attracts the eyes of the user’s. The product is made up of borosilicate glass, which is great for the heating element.
5. Furthermore, to increase the safety features of the electric kettle, the product comes along with heating overprotection. There is a dry boiling feature as well.
1. It feels a bit heavy.
3. Cello Quick Boil 700 0.5 L Electric Kettle
1. It has a stainless steel body.
2. There is an auto shut off option.
3. It is portable.
4. The product has 0.5 litres of storage.
5. There is a wide mouth for easy cleaning.
6. It has a warranty of 2 years on the product.
1. The electric kettle comes with a storage capacity of 0.5 litres. It is suitable for boiling water for a small family.
2. The product is user-friendly and has a wide mouth opening for easy cleaning. You can close the push-lid opening comfortably to prevent spilling of the water.
3. The product comes along with boil dry protection, which is excellent for safety. The best part is that the product will turn off automatically in case there is no water or the boiling process is done.
4. The product is made up of stainless steel material, which makes sure the product is durable enough. Moreover, heat retention is excellent. The Light indicator is also present for easy understanding of whether the product is on or off.
5. I found the grip easy and comfortable to hold. It has an anti-slip base for a sturdy base.
1. The storage capacity is low.
4. Inalsa Aliva 1.5 L Electric Kettle
1. The product comes with anti-slip grip.
2. The product has dry boiling protection.
3. It comes in an attractive design.
4. It consumes 1500 Watts of power.
5. The storage capacity is of 1.5 litres.
6. It comes with a year warranty period.
1. The next product comes from a well-known brand in India, known as the Inalsa. It is the Inalsa Aliva Electric Kettle which is a great product, especially at such an affordable price point.
2. If you are looking for an electric kettle within budget with sufficient storage capacity, then the Inalsa Aliva is a perfect choice. The product comes along with a storage capacity of 1.7 litres. It is adequate for a medium as well as large Indian family.
3. What I like more about the electric kettle is the attractive design it has. The product is made up of stainless steel material body, which is excellent for concealing the heating element.
4. The product further comes along with a thermostat control option which allows you to control the temperature according to the liquid present inside the kettle. What more I like is the swivel base of 360-degree which prevents slipping of the product while in use.
5. It consumes a power of 1500 watts along with a voltage of 220-240 volts. Furthermore, it comes along with a warranty period of a year on the product.
6. The product has boil dry protection, which I feel great for an electric kettle to have. This product has easy access to the buttons to make use of the kettle at its best.
1. No cons found.
5. Butterfly EKN 1.5 L Electric Kettle
1. The product comes in an attractive design.
2. It has a comfortable grip.
3. The product is made up of stainless steel.
4. It has thermostat control.
5. The product has good storage capacity.
6. The power consumption is 1500 watts.
1. The Butterfly EKN Electric Kettle is a perfect appliance for your kitchen to boil water or any liquid. It has a stainless steel body with a strong yet comfortable grip. It is further designed in such a way that you can access the lid button even after having a maximum grip.
2. The product further comes along with a concealed element to the cleaning process easy. With this, you can spin your hands through the electric kettle without an issue. I found no corrosion at all.
3. Furthermore, the product comes along with 360 degrees of swivel base so that you can plug it in your desired direction. You can also detach the kettle from the base and use it according to your convenience.
4. It has an automatic turn off the option to save power. This will turn off the kettle when the maximum temperature is reached. It also protects your kettle from any damage and enhances the durability as well.
5. To enhance the safety features, the kettle has a locking lid. Thus, there is no spilling of the liquid inside. It also comes with LED indicators which glow when the power is on.
1. The power cord length is short.
6. Kitchoff WDF 1.5 L Electric Multi-Purpose Kettle
1. It has auto cut off feature for dry heating.
2. The product is made up of stainless steel.
3. It comes in an attractive design.
4. There is 360 degree of a swivel base.
5. It has a good storage capacity of 1.5 litres.
6. There is a power indicator.
1. If you are looking for an electric kettle that can handle multiple tasks, then Kitchoff WDF 1.5 L Electric Multi-Purpose Kettle is the right choice for you. With this product, you can boil water, make tea and coffee, hot chocolate, soups, etc.
2. This product has a storage capacity of 1.5 litres, which I feel is sufficient for a medium size Indian family. You can easily do the required boiling with the help of this product.
3. It has an attractive design with a bigger base. The handle is elegant and has a good grip, which I found comfortable to use. It is made up of stainless steel premium quality material to ensure high durability.
4. Furthermore, the product comes along with auto power off feature, which can be beneficial in saving energy. Once, the set temperature is reached, the product will turn off the process. This prevents any damage to the product.
5. It has an illuminated power indicator which will glow in the darkness. There is a green signal when power is on which darkens when it is off.
6. What I like more about the product is the super fast boiling due to 1500 watts of power consumption.
1. Boiling is a little slow.
7. Kitchon KIKSS 1.8 L Electric Kettle
1. The body has stainless steel material.
2. The capacity is 1.8 Litre.
3. It has a 1500 Watt operation for fast use.
4. The product comes with a 1-year manufacturer warranty.
5. It has an ergonomic handle for easy grip locking.
1. The Kitchon KIKSS 1.8 L Electric Kettle has an automatic cut-off feature that acts instantly when the temperature inside exceeds the standard levels. This feature can protect the appliance from any damage and also improves lifespan. It also ensures that the water inside is kept in hot condition.
2. The product comes along with a single touch lid locking system that can ensure a quick seal. While the water gets boiled, it is natural that it tends to flow out of the kettle, but this feature prevents the steam from escaping the water. This also helps to save up energy.
3. It comes with a power indicator which alerts the user and indicates when the power is on and off. The glow turns off when there is no power supply.
4. The Swivel power base feature helps you to plug the device in any direction of your choice. It becomes beneficial while you are travelling or in any location where there is a shortage of space. You can also use the cord winder to shorten the length as per your requirements.
5. It has elegant handle and glass lid which gives you the comfort to hold the kettle easily even if it has just finished boiling the water. The handles are quite sturdy, which makes it convenient to use and is safe while lifting the product.
1. The power cord is a bit short.
8. Prestige PKGSS 1.7L Electric Kettle
1. The product comes with a 1.7 L storage capacity.
2. It includes 1500 watt power for better boiling.
3. The product comes with automatic power cut off.
4. It comes with a 1-year warranty.
5. It has a stainless steel body.
1. The Prestige PKGSS 1.7L Electric Kettle comes with automatic cut-off and keeps warm technology that cuts down the power supply when the thermostat becomes extremely hot. It goes into the keep warm mode, which keeps the water in hot condition for a long time.
2. It comes with a single touch lid cooking. This feature helps to lock the steam inside the kettle and allows the water to boil in no time.
3. The product comes with a wide mouth that guarantees easy filling and cleaning. This feature helps to prevent dry-boiling and subsequent damage. So within just minutes, you can boil water and make several cups of tea and coffee.
4. The product comes with the ergonomic body, which makes the grip very sturdy and also allows you for easy use. The product also includes spout for easy pouring the hot water at the same time.
5. It includes a 360 swivel base that you can always adjust according to the space and the position of the kettle. This feature helps you to easily dethatch from the power base and make it completely portable.
1. The power consumption is more.
9. iBELL SEK105 0.5 L Electric Kettle
1. The iBELL SEK105 0.5 L Electric Kettle comes with a 500 ml capacity.
2. The power consumption is around 950 Watts.
3. The product comes with a hygienic and stainless steel body.
4. The product comes with a 1-year manufacturer warranty.
5. The body is made up of 100% stainless steel.
1. The iBELL SEK105 0.5 L Electric Kettle comes along with safety lock lid which completely seals the mount. So when the water is boiling, you will not have to worry about spilling out from the kettle.
2. The product comes with an automatic cut-off feature. This feature becomes very helpful at times when you get busy and forget to note when the water has finished boiling. The kettle senses the temperature and adjusts accordingly.
3. It comes with a 360-degree swivel base that is rotatable and is also helpful for adjusting space. So you can now plug in the kettle and use it in any location of your home. There is also a swivel cord adjustment feature which can help you to get the best results.
4. The product comes with a hygienic stainless steel body that can resist heat and improves the long life of the product. It keeps the steam inside the kettle that allows quick boiling.
5. It comes with a LED indicator that always indicates power supply and also stops when there is no power supply. It even stays on while it gets boiled and better for use.
1. It is a bit noisy.
10. Prestige PKOSS 1.5 L Electric Kettle
1. The product comes with 1500 Watt power consumption.
2. It comes with a 1.5 L capacity for making coffee, tea, and more items.
3. The product comes with Stainless Steel material and built.
4. It has a concealed element to prevent spilling steam.
5. It comes with a 1-year manufacturer warranty.
1. The Prestige PKOSS 1.5 L Electric Kettle comes with a power indicator light that lights up as soon as the kettle begins to boil the water. It has auto cut-off technology that cuts the power as soon as the water inside exceeds a specific temperature.
2. The product comes with a single touch lid locking option that seals the lid while boiling the water. This feature prevents the steam from flowing out from the kettle. Thus it results in boiling the water faster and efficiently.
3. It comes with a low wattage consumption of 1500 W, and the fast boiling technology ensures low electricity consumption. As soon as boiling is done, the indicator turns off, which saves more energy and also increases the life span of the product.
4. The 360-degree swivel is a great feature present with the product. It ensures that you can use the kettle in any direction and plug it according to the space you have. It is detachable from the base, which is efficient to use.
5. The product comes with an ergonomic handle, which can help the user to hold the kettle even if the whole body is warm. The grip is sturdy, which ensures that you do not have any problem while pouring out the hot water from the kettle.
1. The wire is a bit small.
11. Pigeon by Stovekraft 12466 1.5 L Electric Kettle
1. The storage capacity is 1.5 litres.
2. It is easy to use and clean.
3. The cord is winding.
4. It is made of stainless steel.
5. The product has an elegant design.
1. The Pigeon by Stovekraft 12466 Electric Kettle has an elegant design that caught my eyes. It is an ideal choice for regular use.
2. I found it was easy to maintain as well as clean. The stainless steel material enhances the durability of the product as well as the performance.
3. The product has a storage capacity of 1.5 litres, which is sufficient for a small or medium size Indian family.
4. The product has easy to use handle with a comfortable grip. The buttons were user-friendly, which adds charm to the product.
5. The product has a 360-degree cordless design to make sure you can take the kettle anywhere you want without much hassle. It further comes along with a year warranty period.
1. The quality could have been better.
2. The performance was not that great.
Electric Kettle Buying Guide
1. Material Used
The most crucial factor to consider while buying an electric kettle is to check the material used. As electric kettle consumes a large amount of electricity, thus it is necessary for you to buy a kettle made up of superior quality material.
Check for the body material and see whether it is spill-proof or not. Nextly, check for the heating. The exterior body shouldn’t feel heated while you touch. It should be sturdy and thick enough to run for a long time.
Electric kettles having a plastic base tends to heat the base. Thus, you should avoid any thin base as it will not run for a more extended period. Always opt for a heat resistant material.
Another essential factor to consider while buying an electric kettle is to check whether it produces sound while on use. I suggest you opt for a kettle that makes no such noise or has a silent feature.
Afterall you don’t want to end up with an electric kettle that makes noise.
3. Size & Capacity
While you opt for an electric kettle, you must keep in mind the size factor. You need to think of the number of family members you have in your house and how frequently you use the kettle.
If you prefer a hot beverage, then you should opt for a kettle with a bigger storage capacity. However, you need to be careful about the capacity as well as the size. It should be balanced.
4. Warranty Period
Most of the time, customers don’t pay attention to the warranty period that comes with the product. However, I feel it is one such essential factor to keep in mind.
Having a reliable and competent warranty period will protect the product if it has any defects. You can go for a replacement or a repair service any day within the given warranty period.
Keep in mind that electric kettles are meant for travelling. They are mostly light in weight and are portable. But, if you opt for a kettle with heavy-weight, it won’t serve the real purpose.
You should always opt for an electric kettle that is moderate or light in weight. Even if the kettle is filled, it should feel like a tolerable weight. Increasing the weight of the kettle filled with water will make it difficult for you to carry.
6. Exterior Heat
One of the critical factors to consider about an electric kettle is to check for the heat resistant capacity of the kettle. The body shouldn’t get heated up, and you should not feel the heat while you touch the exterior of the kettle.
Having a kettle with a sturdy body that insulates heat from the inside is a must. It can prevent you from burning or any other such accidents.
7. Boiling Accuracy
Last but not least is to consider the boiling accuracy. A kitchen appliance, which has low boiling accuracy, will cost you high electricity.
You must look for features as well as reviews to know more about the boiling accuracy of an electric kettle.
8. Temperature Options
You should check for the new models as they come with temperature setting option. This will let you choose the correct temperature for the liquid poured into the kettle.
9. Boiling Speed
Another factor to consider while purchasing an electric kettle is to check the boiling speed. As we all want to save energy as well as time, a boiling speed that is fast will do the same for us.
You can go through the product description to check the boiling speed of the electric kettles. I recommend you to go for boiling time less than 5 minutes.
10. Additional Features
Apart from all these factors mentioned above, there are some additional features to look for as well:
a) Keep Warm
To keep your liquid warm even after the boiling process is done, the keep warm function can come handy. You can save the extra time while reheating the water or the liquid. It acts as a makeshift thermos flask.
A timer is a fantastic feature to have in an electric kettle. It can come handy in regulating how quick you want to boil the water or how warm you want to make it.
If you are in a hurry, you can put a timer according to your needs and you are done.
c) Lighting Feature
Lighting feature can be fancy and expensive as well in an electric kettle. You can change the colour of the temperature settings.
For example, you can keep a violet colour for cold temperature, blue for warm water, etc. It enables you to indicate different temperature settings.
Kettles need no filter. However, with a filter, it becomes even easier to filter the tea or coffee at a go. You don’t need to shift the water to another container as with the filter it will become easy for you to serve the said tea.
You will have the exact flavour of the tea if it is served directly from the kettle.
Benefits of an Electric Kettle
To make your life a lot easier and more straightforward, you should opt for an electric kettle wisely. The best electric kettle will allow you to do several tasks while saving the cooking time.
An electric kettle takes care of even the little things starting from morning tea to late night cravings for Maggi.
The kettle is amazingly designed and easy to carry. If you are living away from your house, you must have an electric kettle. Here are the advantages of an electric kettle:
1. Easy Operation
In your kitchen, the simplest appliance that you will ever find is an electric kettle. It is a tiny yet handy appliance to do all your essential kitchen tasks.
All you need is to fill up the kettle with water and turn the device on. That’s it! You are done.
People, who look for precision in every single thing like tea lovers, always look for a perfect cup of tea that needs details and precision. An electric kettle is designed to provide you with the ideal thing following a specific recipe.
3. Energy & Time Efficient
An electric kettle is both energy as well as time efficient. This is due to the fact of quick boiling of water that too within a few minutes.
Since it is crucial to saving both energy and time, you must buy an electric kettle for yourself.
4. Automatic Shut Down
In case you forget to turn off the kettle, the automatic shut down option will power off the device prevent any accidents.
How to Clean an Electric Kettle?
You need to maintain a certain set of precautions while cleaning an electric kettle. The cleaning methods should not cause the power cords getting tampered or dampened with water.
These are a few ways by which you can clean and maintain your electric kettle. All these methods are widely used for electric kettle cleaning.
1. Pour a mixture of water and vinegar into the kettle. It should be in a quantity of half.
2. Now boil the mixture and let it sit down until it cools for about 30 minutes.
3. Unplug the kettle and take off the mixture. Rinse the kettle interior with normal or cool water.
4. Now fill the kettle with drinking water and place it for more boiling. Keep it for 20 minutes or so. Rinse again with normal or cold water.
5. Take a dry clean cloth to clean the internal as well as the bottom of the kettle. Then you are ready to use it again.
6. You can also do the same with lemon water instead of vinegar. Baking soda is also a great option.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. Does an electric kettle consume a lot of electricity?
The name of the product is an electric kettle and thus, it too obvious for it to consume electricity. Moreover, any heating device needs the right amount of electricity to run efficiently.
Usually, an electric kettle consumes 1000 watts to 2000 watts. It entirely depends on the size of the product.
2. Is it safe to shop online for electric kettles?
It is safe to buy an electric kettle online. However, you need to make it sure that you are buying from a reputed site such as Amazon.
It is also suggested to go through the terms as well as specification and reviews to make sure of the product’s credibility.
3. Is an electric kettle safe to use and how to check if it passes the standards of safety?
Yes, an electric kettle is safe to use. However, you need to be extra cautious while buying one. Check for a good quality built material for the body and base.
This will prevent the heating of the exterior body. Also, make sure it is spillproof to make sure no spilling of hot water occurs.
4. Is that true that the higher the wattage of an electric kettle promotes a better performance?
Well! In most of the cases, this isn’t true. The power doesn’t affect the performance of the device directly and also has nothing do with the functionality or heating.
So these are the top 10 best electric kettles in India. I hope this list will help you in choosing an electric kettle according to your requirements.
However, if you are still confused, you should go through the buying guide to understand how the product works and everything related to it.
Are you still having questions? Well! Comment down below, and I will be happy to help you out.