Recently I was looking to buy a 1.5 ton 5 star split inverter AC with a copper condenser coil, R32 refrigerant and launch year of 2020.
I put all these filters on Flipkart and got Carrier 18K 5 STAR ESTER NEO HYBRIDJET INVERTER R32 SPLIT 1.5 Ton 5 Star Split Inverter AC as a result.
A Carrier AC: Carrier CAI18EK5R30F0 ESKO NEO-i HYBRIDJET INVERTER R32 1.5 Ton 5 Star Inverter Split, AC with the same specifications, was also available on Amazon for ₹39,999.
On 6 June 2020, I placed the AC order on Flipkart since it was selling for ₹37,999 and had a better card offer. However, I had to cancel the order on 7 June 2020.
Table of Contents
Why I Cancelled the Carrier AC Order on Flipkart
Now let me tell you the reason why I cancelled the order and why it doesn’t make sense to buy a Carrier AC from Amazon and Flipkart.
After buying the AC, I was looking at the carrier website for Warranty details. I got to know about the extended warranty offer for Inverter Air Conditioners bought between 1 June 2020 and 30 June 2020.
They are running 2 different extended warranty schemes based on whether the AC is an Hybridjet Inverter AC or standard (Non-Hybridjet) Inverter AC.
For Carrier Hybridjet Inverter Split Air conditioner, 5 (1+4) Year extended warranty on PCB is applicable.
For Carrier Standard Inverter Split Air conditioner, 3(1+2) Year extended warranty on PCB is applicable.
I got excited since I bought AC on 6 June which falls in the scheme period. Since I had purchased the Hybridjet model, I was eligible for 5 (1+4) Year extended warranty on PCB.
However, my excitement was shortlived because, in the end, they have written: “*The warranty scheme is not applicable on the models purchased from Flipkart/Amazon.”
I was aghast after reading this. This is complete discrimination by Carrier brand with people who buy their ACs from Amazon and Flipkart.
My questions to Carrier on Discrimination with Amazon/Flipkart Shoppers
1. If Carrier has a problem with online shoppers, then why even sell their ACs on Amazon/Flipkart?
2. In the crisis of COVID19, you expect people to buy your ACs from offline stores?
3. If you consider online shoppers as a pariah, then why do you bother sending installation team to install their ACs for a starting price of ₹1599? I wrote starting since ₹1599 is just for standard installation. Customers are charged extra for everything which eventually crosses ₹5000 or more.
4. When you are getting the same overall cost from offline and online shoppers, then why this discrimination in giving extended PCB warranty?
5. If Carrier thinks that fake or unauthorised ACs are being sold on Amazon/Flipkart, then how are they even providing a 1-year standard warranty on their products?
Tips for Readers
Don’t buy Carrier ACs from Amazon and Flipkart.
If you ever come across any brand discriminating between online and offline shoppers, please let us know.
We will publish about it and will make everyone aware of it.
I am buying products online since 2012. I have bought multiple large appliances online- TVs, refrigerator, monitor, laptops, mobiles, etc.
I never had to deal with any brand refusing any type of offer or denying any standard or extended warranty on any product online.
This is a bad practice by Carrier ACs, and I condemn it.
Being an online shopper, I refuse to buy Carrier ACs ever again.
Being a blogger/reviewer, I refuse to ever review or list any Carrier AC on my top ACs list and review.