An Indian kitchen without a wet grinder is nothing but incomplete. Well! We certainly can’t do the cooking chores without a wet grinder machine.
To make Idlis, Dosas, and all other South Indian dishes apart from cakes, you will need a wet grinder. It saves time as well as reduces the stress of making a batter.
Wet grinders make the job easy. You only need to add the essential ingredients and switch on the device. And you are done! You can do with your other kitchen works.
The dough will get ready by the time. Let us just get through this beautiful as well as amazing innovation that made our lives much more comfortable.
There are a lot of brands that came up with their wet grinders. It becomes almost difficult for anyone to select a specific model to meet your kitchen needs.
I have made this buying guide to help you out in taking the best decision. You can also choose from the product listed below to get your hands on the best wet grinder in India.
Table of Contents
These are the Top 10 Best Wet Grinders in India 2023:
1. Elgi Ultra Perfect+ 2-Litre Wet Grinder
The Elgi Ultra Perfect+ 2-Litre Wet Grinder is the best wet grinder in India.
1. It has a stainless steel drum.
2. This comes with a kneader as well as a coconut scraper.
3. It has 150 watt motor for powerful grinding.
4. It comes with a warranty period of 10 years.
1. The Elgi Ultra Perfect is portable and thus, it is easy to carry anywhere. The body is sturdy and made of ABS plastic. It is highly durable.
2. This model has an AISI 304 stainless steel drum which makes it rust-proof. The motor is very much powerful and has 150 watts.
3. For an amazing experience of grinding dough and making a paste, the wet grinder comes with patent conical stones.
4. The Elgi Ultra Perfect has a capacity of 2 litres steel drum. It is ideal for storing the thick paste of the batter.
5. There is a timer along with a buzzer to alert you once the grinding process is done. It makes your work easy.
6. For easy cleaning of the conical stones, there is a batter remover. However, the dish-shaped steel drum is a great option for storing the batter.
1. It is a heavy duty wet grinder. Thus, it makes noise.
2. Elgi Ultra Dura+ 1.25-Litre Wet Grinder
The Elgi Ultra Dura+ 1.25-Litre Wet Grinder is number 2 on the list.
1. It has a powerful motor to ensure efficient operation.
2. This device is easy to use as well as clean.
3. The drum has multipurpose use.
4. It comes with additional attachments.
1. The Elgi Ultra Dura+ 1.25-Litre Wet Grinder is lightweight and made up of ABS body. Thus, it is much stronger as well as durable.
2. It has a stainless steel drum which makes it rustproof. This extends the life span of the device. You can store the batter for a longer period of time.
3. The motor is strong enough to produce even grinding. It has a power of 85 watts. Also, it ensures no heating of the batter.
4. This model Elgi comes with patent conical stones. It generates less heat than conventional heaters. You can make fluffy and soft idlis. It ensures a better fermentation as well as increase the efficiency of the device.
5. The wet grinder has 1.5 Litres of capacity which is ideal for a modern Indian family. You can remove the batter cleaner to clean the stones easily.
6. It comes with a detachable drum which can be used for storing the batter. Thus, there is no need for removing the dough.
1. It won’t satisfy the needs of a bigger family.
3. Elgi Ultra Grind+ Gold 2-Litre Table Top Wet Grinder
The Elgi Ultra Grind+ Gold 2-Litre Table Top Wet Grinder is number 3 on the list.
1. It is easy to operate.
2. It has a powerful motor.
3. The machine is highly efficient.
4. It gives perfect grinding.
1. The Eliza model has a huge size as well as capacity. However, it is light in weight because the product is made up of ABS plastic. This increases the durability of the product as well.
2. The product has AISI 304 stainless steel drums. It makes it rust free and thus, you can store the batter for a longer period of the time.
3. It has a powerful as well as an efficient model with 150 Watt. This ensures smooth functioning and produces less noise.
4. The wet grinder comes with conical stones to ensure even fermentation. It is great for the superior efficiency of the device.
5. This device has a storage capacity of 2 litres which is perfect for a South Indian family. They are prone to make the dough as well as batter more than any other.
6. It is easy to clean the stones. This is because the product comes with a batter remover to ensure proper cleaning. It comes with 5 years warranty as well.
1. It makes more noise than 1.25 litres of wet grinder.
4. Panasonic MK-SW200BLK Wet Grinder
The Panasonic MK-SW200BLK Wet Grinder is number 4 on the list.
1. It is easy to use as well as clean.
2. It has a stainless steel drum which is rust-free.
3. This is good for any medium-size family.
4. It can cater to a variety of batter or dough.
1. The Panasonic MK-SW200BLK Wet Grinder comes in an attractive black colour body. It gives a luxurious look to the machine.
2. It comes with a 304-grade stainless steel drum to resist rust. As a result, you can store batter for a longer period of time.
3. This comes with a transparent lid which lets you inspect the grinding process at frequent intervals.
4. The product comes with a powerful motor of 240 watts. And the best part is, there is no question of overloading with such high power motor capacity.
5. For ensuring optimum grinding, there are round shape grinding stones present.
1. It makes noise due to the presence of heavy motor.
5. Elgi Ultra Plastic Fast Grind Table Top Wet Grinder
The Elgi Ultra Plastic Fast Grind Table Top Wet Grinder is number 5 on the list.
1. It can grind in a lesser amount of time.
2. It has counter-rotating conical stones.
3. This has a stainless steel drum.
1. The product comes in aesthetic design to complement every kitchen interior. It is compact in size and takes less space.
2. It comes with a stainless steel drum to ensure longer durability. This grinder grinds faster than any other available at this price point.
3. To make the cleaning process easy, it has a tilted angled design. The body feels sturdy as well.
4. There is a timer option which switches off the machine automatically after a beep. Thus, ensures no extra grinding as well as saves electricity.
1. No cons found.
6. Butterfly Rhino Plus 150-Watt Wet Grinder
The Butterfly Rhino Plus 150-Watt Wet Grinder is number 6 on the list.
1. It serves an excellent performance.
2. This is easy to operate.
3. It has 5 years of warranty on the motor.
4. This is ideal for making the softest batter.
1. It has an amazing design that suits any kitchen interior. You can buy this excellent product without giving a second thought.
2. The product is made up of ABS plastic body which makes it much durable. It is heat resistant and shockproof as well.
3. It has the power to make the batter soft as well as fluffy. This gives you the perfect grinding experience.
4. There is a ventilator which regulated the heat of the device. It makes it easy to use as well.
5. It is easy to clean and maintain. Looks-wise, the wet grinder is worth every penny you spent.
1. Due to the heavy motor, it makes some noise.
7. Bajaj WX 3 150-Watt Wet Grinder
The Bajaj WX 3 150-Watt Wet Grinder is number 7 on the list.
1. It has 150 Watts powerful motor.
2. It has a stainless steel drum.
3. This comes with additional accessories.
1. If you are looking for an affordable product that suffices your needs within a budget, then this is the perfect one for you.
2. The Bajaj WX 3 has a powerful motor with 150 Watts. It ensures the amazing grinding process to make a fine batter every time you use.
3. It comes with a stainless steel drum as well as an induction motor to ensure high durability. This helps you to store food for a longer period of time.
4. It comes with a coconut scrapper as well as an overload protector.
1. It makes noise.
8. Butterfly Matchless Pro 2-Litre Table Top Wet Grinder
The Butterfly Matchless Pro 2-Litre Table Top Wet Grinder is number 8 on the list.
1. It gives uniform grinding.
2. It is easy to clean as well as maintain.
3. This has a detachable stainless steel drum.
4. It comes with 5 years of the warranty period.
1. The product has an aesthetic design to suit every kitchen interior. It is made up of superior quality ABS food plastic to ensure higher durability.
2. The product has 2 litres of capacity which is sufficient for a medium-size Indian family.
3. It comes along with 3 conical stones to ensure proper grinding. This will give you a perfectly soft idli.
4. This has four-way of the grinding system to provide perfect grinding experience. It comes with a coconut scrapper as well.
5. There is a ventilator as well to avoid overheating of the device. It has a dough kneader as well.
1. It is delicate to handle.
2. The lid quality is not that great.
9. Butterfly Smart 150-Watt Table Top Wet Grinder
The Butterfly Smart 150-Watt Table Top Wet Grinder is number 9 on the list.
1. It is easy to operate.
2. It comes with 5 years of warranty.
3. This gives excellent performance.
4. It is ideal for making fluffiest idlis.
1. This product comes with an excellent tasteful design to suit every kitchen interior. It is made up of ABS plastic body which ensures a long durability.
2. The product comes along with a coconut scrapper which gives you additional support. It is worth every penny you spent on it.
3. It comes with round stones to provide you with amazing grinding experience. This makes the batter soft and fluffy.
4. The product is easy to clean as well as operate. It has a ventilator to avoid body heating.
1. It makes noise every time you use it.
10. Prestige PWG 05 Wet Grinder
The Prestige PWG 05 Wet Grinder is number 10 on the list.
1. It has a high power of 200 Watts.
2. It has 2 Liters of capacity.
3. This has a stainless steel drum.
4. It has 2 years of warranty.
1. The product has a compact tabletop design to provide you with convenient use. It takes less space and has an amazing colour combination to suit the kitchen interior.
2. It comes with a stainless steel drum to ensure longer durability. This doesn’t react with food and thus, you can store the food for a longer period of time.
3. This comes with a transparent lid which lets you check the grinding process frequently. It is easy to clean as well as maintain. This prevents from excessive heating of the appliance.
4. The grinding stones are two in numbers and are of good quality. The top lock, as well as the stone holder, ensures good grinding experience.
5. It comes along with atta kneader as well as a coconut scraper.
1. Not good after-sales service.
Wet Grinder Buying Guide
1. Types of Wet Grinders
a) Regular Wet Grinders
These are the regular type of grinders which are usually heavy and are big in size. They come with a single large stone. It is used for commercial purposes.
I don’t suggest it for small or average family size. They are a way too heavy and needs a lot of space.
b) Tilting Wet Grinders
If you are looking for a wet grinder that will make your cleaning work easy, then the tilting wet grinder is the ideal option. It is easy to take out the paste or batter without any hassle. You can clean it properly as well.
They have all the advantages of a tabletop wet grinder along with the tilted shaped to give additional support. It causes less noise and is suitable for daily works.
c) Table Top Wet Grinders
One of the most popular, as well as commonly used types of wet grinder, is the Table Top ones. It delivers high performance, compact in size and takes less space.
These are of great advantage and is sufficient for a family with four members. It can come handy for daily cooking chores. This gives a perfect grinding of all the ingredients.
2. Size and Space
It is one of the most important factors to look out for in a wet grinder. While you look for the Best wet grinder, you must consider the space it will occupy.
Always consider the ones which take less space and are portable in nature. However, a small size wet grinder won’t affect the performance. The table top or the tilting ones are compact in size and takes less space usually.
3. Overload Protector
For safety feature, you must look for the overload protection. It enhances the durability factor of the wet grinder.
The grinder stops working once it senses overloading. Thus, it ensures safe operation without causing any inconvenience. Once you make the possible changes such as remove the extra load, then the wet grinder will automatically start working.
Capacity is one of the most essential features to look for in a wet grinder. You need to consider the number of people you have in your family, how often do you make the batter, etc!
The capacity of a wet grinder is usually measured in Liters. On an average of 33-4 members, 1.25 litres of wet grinder is sufficient.
You will find wet grinders with capacities ranging between 1.25L to 2.5L which are suitable for families. However, there are wet grinders with 4L as well for commercial use.
5. Drum Material
Drum material is a crucial factor to keep in mind while choosing a wet grinder. It means the material of the inner surface of the wet grinder.
Most of the wet grinders use stainless steel material which makes them rust-proof. It ensures no staining, higher durability as well as no rust.
There are models with stone drum material but they are prone to scrapping. It can also get eroded with longer use. If you are looking for something to use for a longer period of time, then I would suggest you for the stainless steel ones.
6. Additional Attachments
a) Dough Kneader
One of the most important tools is a dough kneader. It helps you to mix all the ingredients properly.
b) Batter Cleaner
A batter cleaner is a tiny tool to clean the thick paste or the batter once the grinding is done.
A buzzer can be very helpful. It can indicate you once the grinding is done completely.
d) Measuring Cup
A measuring cup is a great tool to measure every ingredient. It will help you in measuring the correct amount of ingredients such as 1 or 2 cups. This will give you a smooth grinding.
e) Coconut Scrapper
This is an essential device or toll to create coconut shreds. You can have wider as well as longer shreds. It can be used for making coconut chutneys, curries, etc.
f) Digital Timer Function
It is an essential feature to set the grinding time as per your comfort as well as convenience.
g) Transparent Lid
Check whether your chosen wet grinder comes with a transparent lid. It is good for protecting the batter or dough from any kind of spillage or overflow.
It is a wooden, steel or plastic stick with a flat big end. This can be used for various options such as mixing, pouring a batter into another bowl.
A tilting wet grinder will make the work easy as well as smooth for you. It helps you to pour all the batter without any hassle. Many suffer while emptying the batter.
The tilting grinders mainly come along with the un-removable drum, it might be difficult for you to clean it off entirely. However, due to the tilting shape, you can tilt it down and wash with water.
8. Types and Number of Grinding Stones
The wet grinders mainly come with 2 or 3 grinding stones. The 3 stone types are higher in performance as well as faster than the 2 stone ones.
In the conventional wet grinders, the stone type is usually granites. Whereas, the conical shaped grinding stones are the most efficient ones.
Looking for a grinder machine with the maximum warranty period is always a better option. This will ensure you have a smooth usage and get the required assistance from the customer service as per need.
It solves all your problems related to the wet grinder you have purchased.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. How to use wet grinder for the first time?
Is this your first purchase of a wet grinder? If yes, then here is how to use it for the first time.
Put in some un-used rice or dhal and add water. Now make a batter so as to get off the stone particles, wet grinder smell, drum coating as well as other unwanted scrapes.
Now you should wash the grinder and it will be ready for use.
2. Why do the wet grinders make noise?
Grinders can be noisy as there is a motor present within it. There are a few heavy models that have heavy duty motors as well. They make more noise than the ones for conventional use.
3. What happens if we overload the wet grinder?
Well! Wet grinders can often get overloaded. However, most of the grinders these days are equipped with overload safety protection.
Thus, whenever overloading takes place, it will shut down the device automatically. Then, you need to take off the load and restart the device
4. What is the capacity range of wet grinders?
The capacity usually ranges from 2 litres to 15 litres. However, you should opt for the wet grinders considering your needs.
Remember, the more the capacity is, the larger will be the amount of batter you can make. Thus, you need to choose wisely!
5. How to clean wet grinders?
The wet grinders come with removable grinding stones. You can keep it under the water in a sink and clean it.
A brush can be used to clean the batter or the sticky paste from every corner of the wet grinder. You can clean the motor with the help of a clean wet cloth.
However, the tilting wet grinders don’t have removable grinding stones. Thus, you will need to clean it with a wet cloth as well.
So these are the top 10 best wet grinders in India. There are so many models available in the market. It can easily get you confused while making a decision.
Don’t worry! I have made a clear buying guide as well as product reviews to help you out in choosing the best wet grinder in India. If you have any queries, you can leave a comment below.
Best Mixer Grinder in India