Water Purifier is one of the essential appliances for our daily use. Be it for your kitchen or your commercial space, drinking healthy water is a basic need for all. But in most of the rural areas, the water is more contaminated. This is the reason why they need the best water purifiers.
There are so many models available in the market today, and most of them come with different features. This makes it more challenging to choose between the best and other models.
However, if you are confused about choosing the best water purifiers under 10000 in India, here is a complete guide on it. Keep a look at these recommended factors for making a selection.
Table of Contents
- Best Water Purifiers Under 10000- Buying Guide
- These are the Top 10 Best Water Purifiers Under 10000 in India 2019:
- 1. Eureka Forbes Aquasure from Aquaguard Smart 20-Watt UV Water Purifier
- 2. Eureka Forbes Aquaguard Crystal Plus UV Water Purifier
- 3. HUL Pureit Advanced RO+MF 6 Stage 5L Water Purifier
- 4. Kent Ultra Storage 7 L, UV and UF Water Purifier
- 5. Livpure Glo 7-Litre RO + UV + Mineralizer Water Purifier
- 6. KENT Maxx 7-Litres UV + UF Water Purifier
- 7. HUL Pureit 5 Ltrs Classic RO + UV 6 Stage Water Purifier
- 8. HUL Pureit Marvella UV 4L Water Purifier
- 9. Havells UV Plus 8-litres UF Water Purifier
- 10. Tata Swach Viva Silver UV+UF Wall Mounted 6-Litre Water Purifier
- Frequently Asked Questions
- 1. Why remove harmful contaminants from the water?
- 2. What is TDS?
- 3. What is the acceptable level of TDS?
- 4. Should I test the water supply to our House?
- 5. How Often to change the filters?
- 6. What is the most suitable water purifier for Borewell water?
- 7. What is a universal water purifier?
- 8. Which is better- RO or UV?
- Final Talk
Best Water Purifiers Under 10000- Buying Guide
1. Types & Purification Techniques
a) RO Water purifier
RO or Reverse Osmosis is one of the old school technologies used for water purification, and it is still one of the most common processes. It comes with a semi-permeable membrane filter which separates different types of germs and contaminants from the water. Most of the Ro water purifiers require electricity to increase the pressure of water flow.
Because of the high water pressure, the water flows through the membrane and through the pores, which help to sort out contaminants from the water. However, because of the RO technology not only the TDS levels of water, but there is also excessive loss of useful minerals from the water.
b) UV Water Purifier
The UV or Ultra Violet water purifier is one of the most effective technologies used for killing germs and bacteria in our water. It requires electricity to operate and is a useful technique for purification of water. The UV water purifiers come with a small UV lamp present inside the tube through which the water flows.
As a result of this, it can quickly kill the germs and the viruses and remove them through another outlet chamber. Hence, it works perfectly with contaminated water.
The best part is that the UV lamp has no side effects of radiation, and it works smoothly to purify the water. However, if your water source is highly contaminated, we suggest you pick a RO+UV water purifier for better results.
c) UF Water Purifier
UF or Ultrafiltration is one of the technologies developed from Ro water purifier. It consisted of thin layers of semi-permeable membranes with pores. Only the pores are larger in dimension in case of UF water purifier.
The water forces through these pores, making it much more suitable for drinking at the same time. It separates the germs and bacteria from the contaminated water.
2. Water Quality
Before we make out any choice, it is always essential for us to know about the water quality that you have in your home. Necessarily, it does not matter that neighbours in a small locality will have the same source of water. This is the reason why the contaminations and the TDS present in the water.
However, we can classify the water quality in majorly two parts, including:
Soft Water and Hard Water
When we talk about soft water, we mean it from natural sources like river, lake, rainwater harvesting technique, and much more. Coming to the TDS and the contaminants, the soft water has a low number of pollutants and is also rich in minerals. This makes it hygienic to consume rather than any hard water.
On the other hand, hard water refers to as underground water, which can be drawn from bore wells. Here, the amount of TDS is relatively high. Thus the number of contaminations are also high, which means that it becomes essential for anyone to have a water purifier at home to purify it entirely and make it healthy to drink.
To understand the requirements of the Water purifier according to the water quality of your home, you can follow the below prerequisites to get better results.
a) If you have hard water supply, it will require more membranes. You can opt for any RO water purifier to get the best results instantly.
b) If you have a soft water supply with precious minerals, it is just essential to remove the contaminants and keep the minerals. For such cases, a UV water purifier comes to be very handy.
c) If you have hard water which is highly contaminated, consider getting a purifier with multiple filters. You can go for Ro + UV variants which will successfully remove all the contaminants.
The next important thing that you need to keep in mind is the installation process. While you go on to select a brand for your water purifier, you should do some research and know all about the product.
You need to keep it in mind, how available the brand is when it comes to installation and how difficult it is for the product to install. Therefore, make sure you select a product from a brand which has quick installation service.
This helps a lot to quickly install the product when you are shifting it to another place. Also, know more about the installation charges and the accessories provided by the installer. This will give you a good knowledge of after installation maintenance.
Coming to the power requirements, there are two different types of water purifiers-one which requires power to store water in a tank and the other which has a free flow of water even if no electricity is provided. So before you need to opt for a water purifier, you need to know about your requirements.
Does your locality have too many power cuts? If so buying electricity less water purifier can be a great choice. However, if you receive power, will you be ready to compromise a few features? Because most of the Powerless Water purifiers come with a few numbers of filters and also may compromise on a few highlights.
5. Storage Capacity
One of the most important steps is to know how much storage capacity you need. There are also free flowing water purifiers, but they have lesser number of filters.
But if you consider getting a good water purifier with great features, you must also look for good storage capacity. Having a storage tank in the water purifier means that you can get contaminated free and healthy water!
Most of the storage based water purifiers come with 6-8 litres of the tank. However, it is suitable for any medium family of 2-3 people. If you have a bigger family, you can opt to buy any water purifier that has 8-10 Liters of the storage tank.
On the other hand, if you are using the water purifier for a commercial space, you can pick any model that has 10 litres plus storage.
6. TDS Controller
TDS is one of the most harmful inorganic substances present in hard water. Because of the dissolved solids present in the water, it can lead to harm your health at any time! Any RO water purifier is useful to eliminate the TDS from the hard water, but it also removes some essential minerals like Calcium and Magnesium from water.
This is where the TDS controller comes to play as it adds a sufficient amount of essential minerals in the purified water. It works by adjusting the ratio of water from the RO membrane and the UF membrane. So this helps to retain all the essential minerals after removing the TDS from the water. For rural areas with hard water, it is a must-have.
7. After Sales Service
Much like warranty and installation, one of the main factors that you need to consider is the after-sales service. Do check and verify about the after sales service that you can get from the manufacturer. Many brands offer after sales services from third-party services. So you can check for that and try to look for brands which provide a quick response for better results.
These are the Top 10 Best Water Purifiers Under 10000 in India 2019:
1. Eureka Forbes Aquasure from Aquaguard Smart 20-Watt UV Water Purifier
1. This has an attractive design and a compact body.
2. It has an inbuilt voltage stabilizer.
3. It delivers 2 litres of water within a minute.
4. This has a one year warranty period.
5. It is from a reputed brand of Eureka Forbes.
1. The Eureka Forbes Aquasure from Aquaguard Smart water purifier has an attractive body with a compact and sturdy design. I like how it fits into any kitchen space, and thus, it has a space-saving nature. The water will pass from a superior quality Quartz glass rather than any metallic chamber.
2. It comes along with an inbuilt voltage stabilization to make sure the device is safe and secured even during any voltage fluctuation. There is an activated carbon filter as well to ensure we have 100% pure and safe water every time. The bacterial growth is also diminished with the help of this filter.
3. With this product, you will have an energy saving mode that increases the life of the UV lamp. There is a save in electricity consumption as well and hence, a smart choice to opt for.
4. The product further can provide you with 2 litres of purified water per minute, which is fantastic. It has a glass holding tray as well to make sure you don’t have to hold the bottle or glass while filling it up. Thus, with this feature, you can now enjoy fresh water within 5 minutes.
5. It comes along with a lamp sensing technology to detect in case of a UV lamp failure. This makes sure you have 100% pure water every time. Furthermore, the product has an error indicator which prevents the product from any major defect.
1. It has no display.
2. Not ideal for High TDS level.
2. Eureka Forbes Aquaguard Crystal Plus UV Water Purifier
1. This has a 1-year warranty period.
2. No wastage of water takes place.
3. This gives chemical free water.
4. It has a low maintenance cost.
5. This is a UV water purifier.
1. The Eureka Forbes Aquaguard Crystal Plus UV Water Purifier is an excellent product keeping in mind the budget. It is also from a reputed brand Eureka, and thus, you will have excellent after-sales service.
2. There is an auto shut-off function which is beneficial. It saves electricity by switching off the device if not in use for a continuous 10 minutes. Moreover, it increases the life of the UV lamp.
3. It has an electronic monitoring system which ensures there is no UV failure. This is beneficial to keep a check on any malfunctioning happening. It has a capacity of providing 2 litres of water per minute.
4. There is a backflush to remove all the dirty water and to keep the filtered fresh water in the purifier. However, there is an IPS feature as well to stop the water flow whenever it detects dirty water.
5. The product comes with Biotron to break the water molecules into micro-clusters. This further becomes much more bio-permeable. And also, it helps to serve the proper amount of nutrients to the body.
1. There is no storage tank.
2. Works only with Low TDS level.
3. HUL Pureit Advanced RO+MF 6 Stage 5L Water Purifier
1. There are six stages of the purification process.
2. It has a break-resistant tap.
3. It can remove the TDS level of 1800PPM.
4. There is a voltage protection guard.
1. The HUL Pureit Advanced Water Purifier comes along with six stages of purification. It includes purification stages such as Ro+MF as well to provide you with 100% pure water. The device has other purification stages like microfiltration, pre-sediment filter, post-carbon sediment filter, etc.
2. It comes with a decent storage capacity of 5 litres tank. I feel this is good for a small family without any doubt. It can also purify 9-12 litres of water per hour.
3. The product comes along with an advanced voltage fluctuation to protect the product from getting damaged. There is a voltage range between 165-280 Volts.
4. This product is suitable for all types of water sources such as tap water, borewell, water tanker, as well as municipal tap water. You can work with this water purifier in an area where the TDS removal of 1800ppm. It can turn hard water to soft water any day.
5. The product is made up of high-quality food plastic or ABS. It enhances the durability of the product.
1. It has no display.
2. There is no filter change alert.
4. Kent Ultra Storage 7 L, UV and UF Water Purifier
1. It has a high storage capacity.
2. There is a water level indicator.
3. It has a double purification process.
4. There is an activated carbon pre-filter.
1. The Kent Ultra Storage Water Purifier comes from a reputed brand Kent. Thus, you can rely on the product easily. It comes with a double purification process which includes UV+UF. This is pretty decent at this price point and offers you 100% pure water.
2. The product comes along with a large storage capacity of 7 litres. It is pretty good for a medium to large family. The purification capacity is around 60 litres per hour, which is excellent indeed.
3. The product comes along with certified and tested for performance as well as quality by some of the most reputed organizations such as NSF, WQA, and ISI.
4. The product is further suitable for all the water sources such as borewells, water tankers, overhead storage tanks as well as municipal taps.
5. There is a water level indicator which ensures you stay aware of if the water tank is full. The additional features it has are built-in SMPS to prevent it from any voltage fluctuation.
1. It has no display.
5. Livpure Glo 7-Litre RO + UV + Mineralizer Water Purifier
1. It has 7 litres of capacity.
2. This is an ideal option for medium families.
3. It has mineralizer to restore water taste.
4. There are six stages of water purification.
5. It is within a budget.
1. This product is from the brand Livepure, which is known for manufacturing some great quality water purifiers. They have water purifiers of all types ideal for an Indian family.
2. The Livpure Glo Water Purifier has a fantastic design and takes less space. So you can keep it anywhere in the kitchen, and it will go with your kitchen interior as well.
3. If you are looking for water purifier for high TDS area, then this is an ideal choice for you. It can handle 1500 rpm TDS level, which is excellent. The device can purify 12 litres of water per hour.
4. This product has six stages of advanced purification including RO membrane, and silver impregnated post activated carbon filter, sediment filter, UV disinfection as well as a mineralizer. It helps to keep the pH level balanced and also kills all the bacteria present in the water. This also eliminates the bad odour from the taste, making it suitable for you to drink.
5. Furthermore, the product comes along with a functional storage capacity of 7 litres. I feel it is decent for a medium size Indian family. This also makes sure you can have pure water even during a power cut.
6. There is a unique sensor technology which switches off automatically while it detects the tank is full. This is a handy feature to enhance the durability of the device.
1. Wastage of water takes place due to the RO process.
2. After sales service isn’t that good.
6. KENT Maxx 7-Litres UV + UF Water Purifier
1. It has a low maintenance cost.
2. The product has a superior quality built material.
3. It works great with the low TDS water level.
4. It comes with UV protection.
1. The KENT Maxx Water Purifier comes from a reputed brand known as the Kent. Thus, you can rely on the product with durability and quality. It has a decent look and takes less space; hence, you can keep it anywhere you want in the kitchen.
2. This product is not an RO water purifier, and thus, I suggest you not to buy it to use in a high TDS water level. I would suggest you opt for this water purifier to use it in the areas where municipalities water is supplied.
3. It comes along with double advanced purification method, including UF+UV. This makes sure that there is a removal of all the viruses, bacteria as well as the micro-organisms present in the water. You can use it where the TDS level is within limits.
4. There is a decent storage capacity of 7 litres which enables you to have pure water every single time you want. The water purifier is made up of ABS food plastic, which ensures the durability of the product.
5. This product finally has a UV lamp which consumes 11 watts only. It helps in removing all the micro-organism from the drinking water. This product further comes along with a few fantastic features such as UV fail and filter replacement alarms to alert the consumers regarding any product failure.
1. It is not suitable for purifying groundwater.
2. This won’t work with low pressure of the water.
7. HUL Pureit 5 Ltrs Classic RO + UV 6 Stage Water Purifier
1. It is affordable.
2. It comes from a reputed brand of HUL Pureit.
3. This has six stages of advanced purification.
4. It has a decent storage capacity.
5. This works with a high TDS level.
1. The HUL Pureit Water Purifier comes with six stages of advanced purification. It makes sure you can have 100% safe as well as pure water every second. This helps to eliminate all the organic as well as inorganic impurities and dissolved solids from the drinkable water.
2. The product comes along with a fantastic design along with a compact body. It has a lovely colour combination of blue and white and therefore, it suits every small kitchen interior. Thus, I would suggest you opt for this product in case you want a better looking, efficient product.
3. The product comes with a small storage capacity of around 5 litres. Thus, it is ideal for a small Indian family. If you are short on budget, then you must opt for this water purifier.
4. If you are living in an area where the TDS level is high, then also this product is an ideal one for you. It can handle 1800 ppm of TDS water level. And at this price point, I feel it does a pretty decent job.
1. It has no display.
2. This has a small storage capacity.
3. There are no alert features present.
8. HUL Pureit Marvella UV 4L Water Purifier
1. The product has a decent storage capacity.
2. There is no annual maintenance cost.
3. It has a compact and sleek design.
4. The product is made up of ABS food plastic.
5. It has RO+ROPL+MF safety assurance.
1. The product comes along with six stages of advanced purification, including RO+MF technology. I found it is excellent for purifying the water of 100% level. It has purification stages including microfiltration, post sediment filter, post-RO carbon filter, reverse osmosis membrane, as well as the pre-sediment filter.
2. The product can handle a TDS level of up to 1800ppm, which is excellent at this price point. I suggest you opt for this product if you are staying in an area with high TDS rate. It can transfer hard water to pure as well as soft water.
3. This product comes with 5 litres of decent storage capacity, which is ideal for a small family. It has a purification capacity of 9-12 litres per hour, which is pretty good for storing water during a power cut.
4. It works well with the voltage range between 165 to 280 V. This can enhance the durability of the product by keeping it safe from the voltage fluctuation.
5. The product has a break resistant tap tested feature which can handle resistant up to 50,000 times. It comes along with a warranty period of 1 year.
1. You will need expert installation.
2. It is costly.
9. Havells UV Plus 8-litres UF Water Purifier
1. It is innovative and takes less space.
2. It comes with a zero splash faucet.
3. There is an advance alert system.
4. It has double purification of UF and UV.
5. It comes with a year warranty period.
1. The products come along with five stages of purification, which is excellent at this price point. It includes processes such as UF, UV, carbon cartridge, Revitalizer cartridge as well as sediment cartridge.
2. It has 8 litres of capacity which are pretty decent, and I think it is excellent for a medium to a large family in India. This can purify 30 litres of water per hour, which ensures you can have filtered water every time.
3. I feel the installation was so easy, and it will take you hardly a few minutes to install by reading the manual instruction. You can keep hanged in the wall or place it in the corner of your kitchen or the table top.
4. The product comes along with an advanced alert system. It indicates you while it detects a UV failure, tank full, self-diagnostic or fail in the purification process. This has some additional features as well such as removable tank and as well as contamination proof tank lid.
5. The product even has a feature to work efficiently well in a voltage range of 170V-310V. However, the best part is that it shuts off automatically if the voltage power drops or exceeds than the given range. I found it very much beneficial for enhancing the durability of the product.
1. There is wastage of water due to the RO purification.
10. Tata Swach Viva Silver UV+UF Wall Mounted 6-Litre Water Purifier
1. It is easy to clean and maintain.
2. It is user-friendly.
3. The product has a slow filtering feature.
4. It consumes less electricity.
5. This can install quickly.
1. The Tata Swach Viva Silver Water Purifier comes along with an elegant design. I like how it as a super sleek as well as a compact body. It is made up of ABS plastic, which ensures the product’s durability.
2. It has LED indicators which are very much convenient as well. This makes sure you stay alert in case of any failure occurs in the system.
3. There is a silver action within the device just like any other high-end water purifier. It makes sure the durability of the cartridge is increased, and the water treatment takes place efficiently.
4. The product has dual protection technology to ensure we can have 100% safe as well as pure water. There is a UV bulb as well, which consumes 11 Watts only. It helps to kill all the viruses, bacteria as well as insecticides present in the water.
5. With this product, there is a UF membrane to eliminate all those unwanted minerals such as iodine, salt, and all other unnecessary minerals from the water.
6. It comes along with a decent storage capacity which is ideal for a small or medium size Indian family. But, this won’t work decently in an area with a high TDS level. Thus, I recommend you to buy it only if you want to use it in an area with low TDS.
1. It has water leakage issues.
2. There is no limited capacity.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. Why remove harmful contaminants from the water?
There are several harmful contaminants which are present in water. This includes dissolved solids, disease-causing bacteria, and damaging rust. Apart from these, there are also toxic metals like iron.
Arsenic which is readily available in hard water! These contaminants result in serious health issues. So it is essential to purify the water before drinking.
2. What is TDS?
TDS stands out as Total Dissolved Solids. It means the number of metals, minerals, salts, and other harmful solids that are dissolved in water as contaminants which are invisible to the naked eye. The TDS is calculated in ppm or parts per million.
3. What is the acceptable level of TDS?
The simple theory is the lesser the TDS levels, the better it is for consuming water. The recommended TDS levels that you need to consider is lower than 300 ppm. It is still safe to consume around 300-500ppm.
However, one should always remember that 1200pppm or higher is entirely unsafe for drinking water.
4. Should I test the water supply to our House?
Sources of water may be different for every house in a small locality. The TDS levels are also different from most of the homes.
So it is crucial to test the quality of water to your home. This will help you also to measure the TDS available in your home. For such cases, you can take the help of a TDS controller.
5. How Often to change the filters?
Most of the filters from brands come with a great advantage, which makes it suitable to use for filters. But it is vital to change the water purifier filters at regular intervals.
6. What is the most suitable water purifier for Borewell water?
Borewell water comes completely underground, and this is the reason why it has a high amount of contaminants and TDS. There are also some metals like iron, lead, fluoride, which can always affect use.
Considering these metals, it is always essential to pick a water purifier which can distil the contaminants from the water. Thus, we recommend you to choose an RO water purifier.
However, in rural areas, the amount of contaminants is much higher. So it is necessary to opt for an RO + UV water purifier to keep the water healthy.
7. What is a universal water purifier?
A universal water purifier is nothing but the multi-stage water purifier that can efficiently purify water at the highest level. There are some water purifiers which come with RO+UV+UF filters which are of great value. This helps a lot to sediment the water and treats it with active carbon filters.
8. Which is better- RO or UV?
Both Ro and UV are useful for areas which have high contaminants. But there is always a slight difference in the mechanism between the two different types of water purifier.
The UV purifier allows the water to pass through a tube which has a UV lamp fitted in it. This UV lamp successfully kills the bacteria and the contaminants. However, it does not allow to remove the dead cells from the water.
In case of an RO water purifier, things are slightly different. The water is allowed to pass through a semi-permeable membrane. This has a pore which distinguishes and allows clean water to pass through. Also, the outlet pipe flows the dead cells along with wastewater out from the purifier.
I hope this guide will help you find the best water purifier under 10000 according to your needs. If you are still confused, you can post your queries down below in the comment section. I will be happy to help you out and till then happy shopping!
Overall 10 Best Water Purifiers in India