In this post, I will tell you how to show Google Adsense ads on a custom domain on blogger.com with hosted Google Adsense account.
First, you must know that hosted Adsense account is a type of Adsense account which can show ads only on Google products like Blogger, Youtube etc and some non-google products like Hubpages. When you apply and get accepted to Adsense account through a host partner, it’s a hosted account and can not be used to show ads on non-host partner of Google.
If you have been to this blog before 2014, you mist have noticed that the blog URL has changed from www.imtarunsingh.blogspot.com (Blogspot Domain) to www.imtarunsingh.net (Custom Domain). In the last week of December, BigRock put out an offer in which they offered .net domain for just Rs 49($ 0.79). It came at a time when I was thinking of buying a custom domain so I instantly bought one for the blog.
But problem started when my Adsense ads went blank. So if you have been going through this situation, I have listed the solution below.
It doesn’t matter if you think that your blog is still hosted in Blogger after buying custom domain. Because Google consider it as a non-hosted website.
1) First check if you have a hosted Adsense account or not by looking at the top right side of your account. If it’s a hosted account, you will see an image saying “Hosted Account” !
2) Now that it is confirmed that you have a hosted account, click the gear icon in the upper right corner of any tab, then from the drop-down list, select Account Settings.
3) In the sidebar, click Access and authorization. In the “Site authorization” section, next to “Only host sites are allowed to show ads for your account,” click edit.
4) On the “Show ads on other websites” page that appears, enter the URL of the site(custom domain) where you plan to show ads.
5) Click Submit.
6) Finally you need to implement AdSense ad code on the URL that you provided above, on a page that receives traffic.
7) Wait for 4-5 days maximum to get your site reviewed by Google.
8) Once your request is approved, you’re welcome to place your ad code on any website that you own without any further approvals. If your application is not approved, be assured that ad serving on your host partner site will not be affected. You can continue to monetize your hosted content on sites like Blogger, Youtube etc as normal.
If you have been following Google Adsense policies while on Blogspot domain, you will definitely get approved on custom domain too.
Google has also put out a guide named “Use my hosted AdSense account to show ads on my own site” and also how to implement ad code on your blog.
Hope you get approved by Google and happy earning.
Give this post some social love by sharing it using the buttons below.Happy Adsense earning 🙂