1) A Wednesday : This movie shows how a common man alone can protest against the whole government system.In this case,the role of common man was played by Naseeruddin Shah and he completely justified his role in the movie.
2) BA Pass : The movie came in 2013 and was based on the book “Railway Aunty”. It showed how youths can fall in trap of lust by some adults who don’t care about anything except sex.
3) Gangs of Wasseypur : The film was based on the real story of a small town Wasseypur and Dhanbad.The story covers 30 years of time in just 5 hours and was divided in 2 parts.Manoj Bajpayee completely rocked the movie in 1st part while Nawazuddin Siddiqui did justice to 2nd part.
4) Dev D : Dev D was based on the old Bengali novel Devdas by Sarat Chandra Chattopadhyay. It completely changed the perception of Paro as shown in old movie adaptation and instead showed her strong along her male counterpart.
5) Barfi : Having the main actor Ranbir Kapoor as dumb,the movie showed the protagonist living his life to the full.Instead of choosing Illeana De Cruz to become her life partner,he chose Priyanka Chopra who was shown autistic in the movie.
This post is a part of the Miss Lovely Activity in association with BlogAdda.
Miss Lovely, an off-beat film directed by Ashim Ahluwalia is set in the lower depths of Bombay’s “C” grade film industry. It follows the devastating story of two brothers who produce sex horror films in the mid – 1980s. A sordid tale of betrayal and doomed love, the film dives into the lower depths of the Bollywood underground, an audacious cinema with baroque cinemascope compositions, lurid art direction, wild background soundtracks, and gut-wrenching melodrama. Miss Lovely is scheduled for commercial release on 17 January 2014.
You can check the trailer of the film here : http://vimeo.com/82285130
2 thoughts on “5 Must-Watch Off-Beat Hindi/Bollywood films”
Well,it's a nice movie too 🙂 I have watched it !
Have watched all except B.A Pass..Just could not sit through the slow pace of the movie..Trashed it in 10 minutes