Buying a water purifier can be a difficult task. However, I feel buying a UV water purifier in India is more complicated. There are so many varieties of water purifier models are available in the market which can easily confuse a consumer.
But, buying a water purifier is no doubt very much important. So before you opt for a random purifier, you must do proper research on it. You must know about your requirements, why UV water purifier is a good option etc.
To help you out with all these, I have made a buying guide along with a list of top 5 UV water purifiers in India.
Once, you go through the article; you will have enough knowledge about UV water purifiers. Then you can get yourself the best UV water purifier without any hassle.
So without further delay, let’s jump into the article!
Table of Contents
- Working of UV Water Purifier
- Advantages of UV Water Purifier
- Limitations of UV Water Purifier
- Buying Guide for UV Water Purifier
- These are the Top 5 Best UV Water Purifiers In India 2019:
- Final Talk
Working of UV Water Purifier
UV Water Purifier is one of the best kinds of the water purification system. The technology is highly efficient to kill many germs, viruses, bacteria, and other micro-organisms.
The UV water purifier mainly attacks the core or DNA of the micro-organisms which are responsible for causing diseases such as waterborne, flu, Typhoid, and many others.
These micro-organisms have a significant tendency to reproduce and multiply. The UV lamp then kills the diseases that are caused due to the presence of micro-organisms. However, it is not so efficient to remove their dead bodies from the water.
The working process of UV Water Purifier is simple as it allows the water to flow through a tube inside the water purifier, which has an external UV lamp. The UV rays treat the water and attack the bacteria inside to kill them. However, since there is no outlet pipe, their dead bodies are not removed from the water purifier.
Advantages of UV Water Purifier
1. Chemical Free
The UV Water Purifier is excellent to use, and it works without the presence of any chemical. The best part of using a UV Water Purifier is that it is completely chemical free.
It uses food grade non-toxic materials.
2. Budget Friendly
UV Water Purifier is very budget friendly because of the technology it uses. Comparing with the RO water purifiers, it has a lower number of filters which make the UV Water Purifier as an excellent buy for any budget.
So you can get the best UV Water Purifier at a budget-friendly price having all the features.
The UV lamp ultimately kills the micro-organisms and also the bacteria inside the water purifier. This helps to completely stop water borne-diseases and other infections, which keeps our family healthy. So even if your kids or infants drink the water, it is entirely safe.
4. Ease of Use
The UV Water Purifier runs on electricity, and it is straightforward to use. The UV Water Purifier purifies the water instantly that makes it much more effective at the same time.
5. Low Maintenance
UV Water Purifiers come with low-cost maintenance that makes it great to use. There are not many filters present, so you do not have to opt for any regular maintenance. The UV lamp bulb should be replaced annually, and that should be your only concern.
While purifying the water, it kills the harmful germs, so the water also becomes tasteless. This is the reason why the UV Water Purifier regulates the water to rectify the taste and the odour.
The UV Water Purifier can kill several harmful bacteria and viruses present in the water.
It is highly effective, which makes the UV water purifier more useful for large quantity.
8. Low Energy
Another advantage of using the UV Water Purifier is that it requires very low energy. Thus it does not affect the electricity bills.
Limitations of UV Water Purifier
Even though UV is one of the best technologies available to purify water, it is also restricted to some uses including
1. Most of the UV Water Purifiers are highly suitable for areas where water has a lower amount of TDS in it. TDS or Total Dissolved solids are solvents in water which are highly toxic for our health.
The UV technology can easily kill the low TDS, but it does not remove the high dissolved solids as well as the impurities. Thus, it is not the best option for areas with high TDS.
2. You must have electricity to run the UV Water Purifier. UV Water Purifiers need continuous power while purifying. However, there is a storage tank to store the purified water. But if the storage runs out, you will need electricity for the UV Water Purifier to start working.
3. UV Water Purifier is mostly incapable of removing impurities like mud or any other bacteria. Thus, most of the water purifiers need to be clubbed with RO and UF technology to filter it out.
4. UV water purifiers are not suitable for areas with hard water as the technology is incapable of altering hard water to soft water.
Buying Guide for UV Water Purifier
1. Test for Quality of Water
Most of the water purifiers are designed to intoxicate the water from any sources. However, any UV Water Purifier is only capable of killing the bacteria and germs present inside the water. Since they are unable to eliminate these dead cells from the water purifier, it is essential to check the water quality of your home or commercial space.
Apart from eliminating the bacteria and other contaminants, it does not convert the hard water to soft water. Thus, it is more suitable for areas which have low TDS level of water. Every household in a small locality may have a different source of water, which may result in varying water qualities.
Here is a complete guide that you can follow if you wish to test the water quality
a) Determine the taste of the water. One of the best ways to understand the water quality is to check the taste of the water. If the water in your home is sour, it may have more contaminants, which mean that it is hard.
b) The next way is to use detergent. You can take the help of detergent powder on your hand and then lather it in the water. If it does not wash your hand properly, it may have more contaminants than that you imagined.
c) Take help of TDS Kits. There are specific tools for water purifier, which can always help you to find the right measurements. You can look for TDS kits which denote you the number of TDS present in the water. The UV Water Purifier is not a suitable option if you have more than 200 ppm in your home.
However, there are still some UV Water Purifiers, which will help you to reduce the TDS levels in your home. This is still applicable to reduce a certain level of TDS but not all.
d) You can take the help of lab in your locality, which will help you to get a quick analysis.
One of the best things that you can get with the help of UV Water Purifiers is the installation. There are no external filters present with the UV Water Purifier, which makes it more useful to use.
You can install the UV Water Purifier for both your countertop and also make it wall mount. Most of the storage tanks are present at the top, which is space saving.
If you are looking for an installation for your own, it becomes tough to install. It is always easy to contact the manufacturer team for the first-time setup.
So try to research around a little bit to know more about the quick installation process. Opt for a brand that offers you these services.
The most important thing that you need to consider is the capacity and the daily amount of water that you need. The UV Water Purifiers mainly comes with a 6-8 Litres water tank.
Now, this is a good amount for a medium family of 2-3 people. But if you have more members in a family, you need to get a bigger water tank.
For a family of 4 or more people, we suggest you go for a UV Water Purifier with 10 Litres of water storage. However, if you are opting to install the UV Water Purifier for a commercial space, we recommend you to go for 10L plus storage.
4. Purification Speed
Most of the UV water purifiers come with great purification speed, which further makes the purification technology excellent.
If you have a family of 3-4 people in your home, it is essential that you must have a 60 L per hour supply. This makes sure that you can get a fresh amount of healthy water.
The UV water Purifier must have good water input as well. This will help to make the purification process faster.
5. UV Fail Alarm
UV technology is always an excellent choice for people for better technology of purification. But it is still essential for you to know if your UV lamp is working correctly.
With the help of a UV fail lamp, things can get easier for you. The UV fail alarm will alert you in case there is a need to change the filter.
The UV lamp is generally invisible. So it does not allow us to know when the lamp is working correctly and when not.
With the help of a UV fail alarm, it will become easier for you to check the UV lamp.
6. Mode of Operation
One of the essential features that you need to make sure is the mode of operation that you are using. Make sure that the mode of operation is easy. And also check whether it turns off the machine while not in use. This not only saves power but also allows the water purifier to have more maintenance.
While you are buying a water purifier, you need to make sure it is easy to operate and that it offers you with purified water every time.
Make sure that the maintenance is also low cost and requires little complications. This allows you to monitor the water purifier easily and also get better benefits.
Warranty of any UV Water Purifier is one of the essential factors that you need to consider if you wish to get a better result.
Try to opt variants that can give you a good warranty option. This makes sure that you can get a good after sales service and also a good warranty.
Make sure that the UV Water Purifier comes with a 1-year warranty and you can always go for a great brand offering excellent services.
This prevents you from spending a bulk amount of money for the maintenance.
The next most important thing to look out for is a comfortable budget before buying a UV Water Purifier. Most of the UV Water Purifiers are less expensive than any other water purifiers. However, there is a feature missing to remove the contaminants, most of the manufacturers club the UV technology with RO technology.
You may opt to buy only a UV water purifier considering a low budget, but will it be good enough to compromise a health feature?
UV water purifiers are often available at a low and affordable price, but you need to make sure that you can get an excellent UV Water Purifier which has all the features.
These are the Top 5 Best UV Water Purifiers In India 2019:
1. Eureka Forbes Aquasure from Aquaguard Smart 20-Watt UV Water Purifier
1. It has an inbuilt voltage stabilizer.
2. It has a 1 year warranty period.
3. This has a purification capacity of 2 litres per minute.
4. The product has an attractive design.
5. It is from a reputed brand.
1. The Eureka Forbes Aquasure from Aquaguard Smart 20-Watt UV Water Purifier has a beautiful design along with a compact body. It made up of high-quality Quartz glass through which the water passes through.
2. The product further comes with a purification capacity of 2 litres per minute. Thus, it is pretty good to have at this rate. Since it is an affordable product, it is always an excellent choice for users.
3. There is a unique UV lamp sensor present in the device to alert you in case of a significant UV fail. This makes sure you have 100% pure as well as safe water all the time. It has an error indicator to indicate you in case of any fault happens.
4. The product comes along with a glass holding tray to make sure you stay relax while you get water within 2 minutes. You no need to hold the glass or a bottle to fill up with water anymore.
5. It has an energy saving mode to increase the UV lamp life. This can be a smart choice to save excess power consumption. There is an activated carbon filter to make sure you have 100% safe and pure water. It is beneficial for killing bacterial growth.
6. There is an inbuilt voltage stabiliser to makes sure the product stays safe in case of any voltage fluctuation. It also makes sure you remain safe and prevents more power consumption as well.
1. It has no display.
2. This is not ideal for high TDS.
2. KENT Ultra Wall-Mountable UV Water Purifier
1. It is made up of ABS food plastic.
2. This has three stages of the filtration process.
3. It is globally certified.
4. It is a UV water purifier.
5. This has a sleek and compact design.
1. The product is from a very reputed brand in India, which is known for manufacturing good quality water purifiers. As a result, you can entirely rely on the device.
2. The product comes along with a large purification capacity of 60 litres per hour. I feel this is pretty much sufficient for a modern day Indian family. However, this purifier is ideal for areas with low TDS level.
3. It has an elegant design with a compact body. This is less space taking and can be wall mounted easily. You can keep it in the kitchen anywhere, and it will match the kitchen interior as well.
4. The product is made up of high-quality food plastic or ABS. It makes sure the product has a longer shelf life. Moreover, there is a year warranty on the manufacturing defects, which adds to the extra benefits.
5. It has a unique feature of fully automatic operation. This will stop the water flow immediately once there occurs a UV lamp failure. Thus, you are sure to have safe and pure water every time. It saves electricity bill as well.
6. The product comes along with three stages of the advanced purification process, including UV filtration. It makes sure you have bacteria free water all the time. And also, it is ISI as well as CE certified, which is a plus point.
1. The water output flow is slow.
3. Eureka Forbes Aquasure from Aquaguard Aquaflo DX 18-Watt UV Water Purifier
1. This is not much expensive.
2. It has a 1 year warranty period.
3. This is a good option for a large Indian family.
4. It is easy to maintain as well as clean.
1. The Eureka Forbes Aquasure from Aquaguard Aquaflo DX 18-Watt UV Water Purifier comes along with an error indicator to indicate you in case of any failure takes place during the filtration. It has a cartridge life of 5000 litres which is sufficient. With this feature, you can have a check on your water purifier.
2. It has a dual cartridge system to remove all the unwanted particles from the water. This includes harsh chemicals, organic and inorganic compounds, odour as well as suspended particles. It makes sure you are drinking 100% pure water.
3. It has a purification capacity of 2 litres per minute. This is great for a family to store and consume water even during a power off. There is a smart flow feature as well to make sure you can have pure drinkable water every single time.
4. I feel this product is suitable for the areas having low TDS level. This product doesn’t come along with the ability to purify water with a high TDS level.
5. There is an inbuilt voltage stabilizer to make sure your device stays safe even during voltage fluctuation. As a result, you can opt for this product any time you want.
1. It is not ideal for areas with high TDS level.
4. Eureka Forbes Aquaguard Crystal Plus UV Water Purifier
1. It has good purification capacity of 2 litres.
2. The cartridge life is long.
3. It is highly automatic.
4. Essential minerals are kept intact.
1. The Eureka Forbes Aquaguard Crystal Plus UV Water Purifier comes along with a unique power off feature. It switches off the UV bulb if you don’t use the purifier for 10-12 minutes. Thus, it enhances the UV lamp power as well as saves energy.
2. This product has a water flow rate of 2 litres per minute, which I feel is pretty decent at this price point. And, it is sufficient for a large Indian family. The cartridge life is 6000 litres, which I think is excellent.
3. It has a fantastic feature of Biotron to break the water molecules into its micro-clusters. Further, it becomes much more bio-permeable and keeps all the essential nutrients in the water. This is pretty beneficial for keeping the water safe and pure.
4. There is a monitor to function the UV lamp. It will alert you in case of any UV lamp failure. The backflush feature helps to eliminate all the stagnant water by keeping the filters clean.
5. The product has an inbuilt voltage stabilizer. It makes sure the water purifier stay safe even during voltage fluctuation.
6. I like the e-boiling+ feature which can boil the water for 20 minutes. This serves you 100% pure and safe water by killing viruses as well as bacteria.
1. It doesn’t work well with borewell or salty water.
2. Glass holder can’t carry the load of big mugs.
3. Suitable only for low TDS area.
5. HUL Pureit Marvella UV 4L Water Purifier
1. It has no yearly maintenance cost.
2. The product is RO+ROPL+MF safe.
3. It has great storage space.
4. It is made up of suitable quality food plastic.
5. The product is sleek and compact in design.
1. The HUL Pureit Marvella UV 4L Water Purifier has a decent storage capacity of 5 litres which is sufficient for a small to a medium Indian family. It has purification of 9-12 litres per hour, which is low compared to other models at this price point. However, it is suitable for a small family to store water during a power cut.
2. This product has six stages of purification, which includes RO+MF technology. I feel it will provide you with 100% pure water. The other filtration types are post sediment filter, pre-sediment filter, post-RO carbon filter as well.
3. It has a break resistant tap tap tested feature. This can handle resistant up to 50,000 times, which is pretty awesome. Furthermore, the product comes along with a year warranty period.
4. The product works pretty decently with a voltage ranging between 165V to 280V. It makes sure to increase the durability of the device by making it safe from any random voltage fluctuation.
5. If you are living in an area with a high TDS level, I recommend you opt for this water purifier. This can handle up to 1800pm of TDS level, which is excellent, I believe. It makes it easy to convert hard water into pure and drinkable soft water.
1. This is expensive.
2. Expert help is needed for installation.
Choosing the best UV Water Purifier in India is the best solution to keep your family members safe and healthy. But there are so many models to choose from and so many specifications to consider.
Thus it is always essential to opt for an excellent UV Water Purifier that has all the features to make your water healthy and contaminant-free.
Overall 10 Best Water Purifiers in India