With the progression in the field of technology, there is an innovation in every gadget. It is high time for everyone to update their “Idiot Box” to open up the window for a new world of entertainment.
Yes! I am talking about the TV popularly known as “Idiot Box’. It is there in almost every Indian house these days. This is high time to upgrade your box TV to the all-new smart TVs.
Buying smart TV allows you to watch all your favourite shows and movies at your convenience. You further have no need to wait and be the puppets in the hands of television networks.
Furthermore, a smart TV has the capability to connect the users with internet world with the built-in WiFi feature. It is more than just a television set, it offers you to connect to social media apps, real-time streaming, etc.
TVs are one of the biggest as well as an important investment to make. And you don’t want to make a mistake while buying it.
There are so many brands with the latest Smart TVs available in India. Choosing the best smart TV in India can be a difficult task.
Here, I have mentioned a smart TV buying guide along with all the top products. It will help you to choose the best smart TV according to your requirements.
Table of Contents
Top 10 Best Smart TV in India 2023:
1. It has Dolby Digital Sound System.
2. You can download apps according to your own convenience.
3. It requires no additional set-top box as there is a CF card on the TV.
4. You can mirror the smartphone linked to your Smart TV.
1. The screen resolution is of 1920X1080 pixels. It has full HD picture quality with LED display technology. To make the display lively, there is support for HDR.
2. The refresh rate is 60 Hz.
3. Samsung 49 inches Smart TV has 1 USB port to support ARC, 2 HDMI ports, 1 aerial cable, a CF card slot, 1 LAN Port as well as some digital audio connectivity options.
4. It has an inbuilt WiFi option as well to avail all the internet facilities.
5. The TV is powered by a quad-core processor to make it fast as well as effective.
6. It has a standard IR based remote for easy use of navigation. The TV runs on Tizen interface which is developed by Samsung. It has a lot of features to offer.
7. The manufacturer gives a warranty for a year.
1. It has no remote control as well as no voice assistant.
1. It has great quality audio as well as a visual display.
2. The manufacturer claims security against lightning, humidity, surge, and dust.
3. You can customize the language of navigation among the Indian languages.
1. The Sony Bravia 32 Inch KLV-32W672F has a screen resolution of 1920X1080 pixels. It has an LED display type and is fully HD.
2. It comes with a warranty period of a year. Thus, it makes it easy to use without any hassle.
3. The refresh rate is only 50 Hz. It is comparatively lower than any other Sony models.
4. This Smart TV comes with Remote Control, Two Batteries, AC Power Cord as well as Table Top Stand.
5. There are inbuilt woofers as well as the sound outputs of the Smart TV puts out 30 watts.
6. The TV remote is a standard one with a few specific buttons for Netflix, YouTube, etc. Further, the smart TV uses the Linux operating system.
7. It comes with HDMI ports to connect it with the set-top box as well as the Blu-rays. And, there are 2 USB ports as well to connect WiFi and LAN connection.
1. It has a low refresh rate.
1. It has amazing viewing angles.
2. It has 43 inches of screen size.
3. The refresh rate is 50 Hz.
1. It has an ultra-clean view feature to analyze all the original content. This delivers images with reduced distortion.
2. Smart TV has an inbuilt set-top box.
3. It has 1 USB port as well as 2 HDMI ports for additional connections.
4. The TV has four in all corner sound output to provide equal sound balance in the entire room. This leaves you with unparalleled cinematic sound quality.
5. It has divided the screen into zones. There is a micro dimming pro-technology which analyzes each zone for purer whites and deeper blacks.
6. It has Full HD LED display with a screen resolution of 1920 x 1080 pixels.
7. The product comes with a year warranty period.
1. It has only 1 USB port.
1. It has a Full HD resolution.
2. It is an Android Smart TV.
3. The TV has voice search.
4. It is portable and looks good.
1. The Sony Bravia 123.2 cm (49 Inches) Full HD LED Smart Android TV KDL-49W800F has full HD resolution with a screen display of 1920 x 1080 pixels.
2. The refresh rate is 50 Hertz.
3. Now you can enjoy clarity and smooth pictures with the X-Reality Pro. It reduces noise providing extra clarity to the pictures.
4. For intense sound with background clarity, it has a compact speaker box. It provides superior sound quality with the bass reflex speaker. The Clear Audio+ enhances every emotional bit of the music as well as the dialogue.
5. You can now control both your TV as well as DTH box with a single remote. It has IR blaster to make controlling easy.
6. Moreover, it has a lot of additional activities to offer. You can now create and share collaborative song playlist.
7. For extra protection, it has X-Protection Pro. It has an anti-humidity coating to prevent short circuits that can occur due to high moisture.
1. It has no Bluetooth feature.
1. It has 20 Watts Output.
2. The refresh rate is 50 Hertz.
3. It has a screen size of 123 cm or 49 inches.
1. The LG 49 Inch 49UK6360PTE 4K UHD LED Smart TV has full 4K UHD display with a screen resolution of 3840 x 2160 pixels. It has a wider viewing angle with bright, rich colours.
2. It has 3 HDMI ports to connect other external devices along with 2 USB port to connect hard drives and other USB devices.
3. This smart TV comes with inbuilt WiFi. It gives access to Netflix, Amazon Prime, etc.
4. You can connect the Bluetooth Headset or your HTS soundbar as well with your smart TV.
5. There is an app called Cloud Photo and Video to watch videos and photos on a big screen TV.
6. It comes with a year warranty period on the manufacturing defect.
7. The product comes with a magic remote control to do instant TV on along with fast App launch.
1. It requires a set-top box.
1. The screen size is huge and is of 55 inches.
2. It has a refresh rate of 120 Hz.
3. It has built-in WiFi.
1. The build material is great with plastic stand as well as plastic Bezel.
2. This TV has a refresh rate of 120 Hz producing smooth motion. There is no blurriness on the screen.
3. It has full UHD LED display with a screen resolution of 3840 x 2160 pixels. There is a wider range of contrast providing details to every movement.
4. It comes with a magic remote that lets you browse your smart TV from any point of your room. This makes it convenient to use.
5. The Smart TV comes with 2 USB ports along with 3 HDMI ports for additional connections.
6. You can have an interactive experience with the LG ThinQ Al. It has NLP or Natural Language Processing to provide intelligent voice-activated control.
7. It comes with a warranty period of 1 year.
8. For the immense sound quality, it has DTS Virtual X post-processing technology. You may not need any additional speakers as well.
1. LG offers access to only a few apps.
1. It has a video calling option.
2. The viewing angles are wide.
3. This Smart TV has several picture modes as well as a good active picture upgrading.
4. You can select in between 3 modes of sound.
5. Most of all, the smart TV has an inbuilt music player which has lyrics support.
6. It has video calling feature as well.
1. This smart TV has all LED display with 4k UHD resolution of 3840 X 2160 pixels. The active HDR gives amazingly flawless image quality.
2. There is an ELED backlight with an IPS panel.
3. The refresh rate is 50 Hz.
4. It contains 3 HDMI ports, LAN port, audio/video connection ports, 2 USB ports as well as a digital optical audio port.
5. The smart TV got 2.0 channel speakers each having 20 Watts. It requires no external speakers. There are surrounding speakers with Dolby Digital Decoder as well as DTS virtual.
6. It comes with a standard TV remote which is very responsive. This has an integrated voice control command along with air mouse. There are switches specifically for Amazon Prime and Netflix.
7. Moreover, TV allows multitasking. You watch TV shows as well as browse the internet.
1. It allows you to download apps and games available only on the LG store.
1. This comes with a video calling feature.
2. The viewing angles are wide.
3. It comes with a built-in music player that supports lyrics.
4. It has Miracast feature.
1. The smart TV comes with a full HD display with a screen resolution of 1920 x 1080 pixels. It offers clear image quality.
2. The refresh rate is 50 Hertz.
3. It comes with 2 HDMI ports where you can connect the gaming console, set-top box as well as Blu Ray players. This also has 1 USB port to connect your USB devices.
4. The sound system offers woofer and has Dolby Digital Plus as well as wireless sound to give crystal clear sound.
5. It comes with the LG’s very special Magic remote. This gives you access to make voice operation easy and convenient. The ThinQ Al will provide you with an amazing experience.
6. This has a share and control feature to share your smartphone screen with your Smart TV.
1. You can only download only the apps as well as the games which are available on the LG store.
1. It has Full HD 1920x 1080p display
2. Comes with 4 HDMI ports
3. It has built-in Chromecast
4. Includes 10 watts audio output
1. The product includes X-Reality Pro and HDR display for active gaming or watching UHD movies at one go.
2. It comes with built-in Wi-Fi and voice search console. This enables the user to easily browse channels or live streams at high resolution.
3. It includes Bass Reflex speaker which helps to listen to the richer and deeper sound. this feature helps in high-frequency sound reproduction so that every detail is heard clearly.
5. The smart TV includes Google Play. So it always helps the users to easily download apps, or games and play them with uninterrupted service. You can even play the games offline once it is downloaded.
6. The product comes along with a 1-year manufacturer warranty. Also, the after-sales service is good which makes the smart TV a valuable buy.
7. For connectivity, the product features 3 USB ports and 4 HDMI ports. So you can easily connect multiple devices at the same time.
1. Not good for high dynamic gaming.
1. It has 4K HDR.
2. The smart TV has a bass reflex speaker.
3. It has clean cable management.
4. It has inbuilt WiFi.
5. The screen size is huge and around 55 inches.
1. The Sony Bravia 55 Inch KD-55X7002F 4K UHD LED Smart TV has full 4K HDR display with a resolution of 3840 X 2160 pixels.
2. It comes with 3 USB ports as well as 3 HDMI ports. As a result, it has great connectivity options.
3. You can now enjoy playing HDR games on your Smart TV. It gives a vibrant screen colour with great responsive.
4. It has ClearAudio+ to make your viewing experience amazing. This enhances the sound to create a cinematic environment. It provides great sound clarity.
5. You can play everything you love to see on your smartphone now on your Smart TV. Simply opt for the option Plug and play to share several images, videos, music from other devices.
1. It has no Bluetooth support.
Tips for Buying the Best Smart TV in India
One of the biggest factor to look out at is the size of the Smart TV you are buying. To know more about the size factor, you can check here.
Another important factor to consider while buying a smart TV is to check the resolution. If you are interested to know more about the different resolutions of a Smart TV, you can check here.
3. Picture Quality
Picture quality is a must when it comes to a Smart TV. There are certain key factors to consider for image quality. And, if you want to know more about the parameter, you can check here.
4. Operating System
Smart TV follows different operating systems that vary from brand to brand.
a) Sony Smart TV Uses Android
Homogeneity in terms of operations, Android TV sets apart from all the other smart TVs available. Being a user, you have multiple options to view as per your choices.
You will find a lot of shows, YouTube videos, Google Videos, etc on your TV screen. Also, Sony has some selective shows and apps followed by Google Play Store, Netflix, Amazon Video, etc. The coolest of all is that you can operate your Android TV using any of your Android devices.
1. It is equipped with Google assistants.
2. You can control Android TV with any of your Android devices.
3. It has a pleasing layout.
1. Users often complain about system break down as well as bugs.
b) LG has WebOS
The LG uses WebOS which is easy and user-friendly as well. You can stream 4K videos with HDR, watch Netflix as well. Moreover, you can keep stream all the videos and do your work along with that.
1. It has great speed and amazing response.
2. There are Google assistant as well as Alexa for verbal control.
3. It has convenient and swift navigation.
1. You can have access to only a few selective apps.
c) Panasonic Has My Home Screen 2.0
Panasonic use My Home Screen 2.0 using which you can stream YouTube, Amazon videos and stream Netflix as well. There is immense usability of the board. It has Demand 5, All4, iPlayer as well as ITVHub.
1. It has a good response.
2. You can customize the layout accordingly.
3. It is user-friendly.
1. It can be a little difficult for some users to use.
d) Samsung Follows Smart Hub and Tizen:
The new version of Smart TVs by Samsung has a lot more to offer to its users. They have provided a wide range of shortcuts, icons, and apps to access different contents.
The cherry on the cake is to have the ‘Recent Box’. It lists down all the newly opened channels and apps. The best part is that it offers its users to access ITVhub, Netflix, YouTube, BBC iPlayer, etc.
1. It has a convenient layout.
2. The navigation is user-friendly.
3. To keep your pocket heavy, it hs unpaid channels.
1. Universal Search should improve a little.
2. It has limited app options.
Connectivity is yet another factor to consider before you choose a Smart TV in India. To know more about the connectivity factor you can check here.
6. Additional Features
a) Streaming Video Service
You can now stream videos online and watch according to your convenience. It is great to be hassle-free and watch Netflix, HBO Now, Amazon Prime, etc on your Smart TV now.
Playing games on a big screen gives an amazing experience. There are several Smart TVs that come with inbuilt games to enjoy in your leisure time.
Moreover, you can enjoy Playstation as well on your smart TV.
c) Universal Search
Nowadays, all the smart TVs come with Universal search. It helps you to locate a specific video making the navigation easy.
This acts as a guide to make things user-friendly and convenient to use.
d) Media Player
The media player is a great thing to have in your life. It makes things easy to view as well as access images, music, videos, etc. And if you can view it on a big screen Smart TV, it doubles the experience.
You can manage and store the files according to wish on a storage device or on a network. Your smart TV can have access to it without any trouble.
e) Internet Connectivity
You can easily say that the cross product between a TV and a computer is a Smart TV. It enables you to connect to the internet in order to access every feature provided.
f) 4K Ultra HD Streaming Video:
Not every smart TV comes with 4K UHD videos. However, not all the contents are available in 4K UHD. But, in the near future, it will take over the existing technology. Thus, to make sure you have a future proof TV, buy a smart TV with 4K UHD feature.
7. Popular Apps
Smart TV allows you to connect with so many popular TV apps namely:
a) Amazon Prime
Amazon Prime is one of the popular apps that is often pre-installed in Smart TVs. With this app, you can do live streaming and enjoy watching your favourite shows at your convenience.
Just like Amazon Prime, Netflix is yet another great app that is known as the lifeline of any Smart TV these days. You can now watch short films, TV movies, and many more on your smart TV using Netflix.
Now you can connect your Skype account with Smart TV and do all the work with better exposure. Why sitting in front of a small screen, low light to do your work?
Simply connect your Smart TV to your WiFi network and turn on Skype. That’s it!
d) Daily Workouts
Well! You can now download a number of apps related to fitness on your smartphone. But how about having one on your smart TV? It will make postures much more visible to you. And in this way, you will be able to do better workouts.
Want to watch videos apart from regular movies or TV series, then YouTube is the best platform. You can watch several videos, comment as well as share them with your friends and family.
The best part is that you can connect your YouTube with your smart TV. Thus, you won’t need to juggle in between your mobile and TV anymore. Furthermore, it gives a better and wide vision as well as enhances your watching experience.
Now you can download TED on your smart TV and have access to some great ideas and knowledge. TED is a great app for learning everything under one roof.
Who doesn’t love to surf Facebook in free time? We all love to! Facebook is one of the popular social networking apps. It keeps you engaged with your social life, friends, and family.
You can now use your Smart TV to surf Facebook.
Vemo is yet another app, unlike YouTube. It is a platform to create videos to share with the world. You can find a huge range of influencer and filmmakers’ videos on documentaries as well as short films.
i) Angry Birds
Well! Let’s be honest. We all love to play this game and at some point in time, we all were obsessed with it. Just imagine playing it on a big screen? How much fun it will be right?
You can enjoy playing angry birds with more fun. It will also be easy for you to settling the birds with a bigger vision.
8. Mirroring and Casting
Let me explain the difference between casting and mirroring first. This is because they have a very fine line of separation between the two.
In Mirroring, the display is replayed on your Smart TV. Whereas, casting doesn’t exactly show the file present in the source device on the smart TV.
The source device functions like before, while you play the content on the smart TV. Thus, I can say that the casting has an advantage over the screen mirroring.
In other words, mirroring is coping the exact thing and playing it on the Smart TV. You will need a source to connect it in order to display the same exact content on two different platforms.
9. Chromecast and Miracast
It is a pen drive like device known as the dongle. You can plug it onto your smart TV using the HDMI port. It enables you to connect with the internet using WiFi.
You will need an app to run the Chromecast. Using this device you do a lot more things such as streaming videos of your choice online.
Brands that support Chromecast on their smart TVs are Google, Sony, and Toshiba.
1. It is a popular multimedia app.
2. The app increases compatibility. It can perform multitask.
1. Mirror image on the TV may look discoloured.
2. It is internet dependent.
The Miracast is just a replica of Chromecast. It is an alternative option for the latter. This can create duplicate content on a portable device to another. And, then you can connect to the Smart TV.
You can connect this to different devices without the help of the internet. It ensures proper functioning. The different brands that support Miracast are Sony, Samsung, Panasonic, LG, and Toshiba.
1. It is great for professional use.
2. This needs no cable. As a result, it is hassle-free.
3. It is not internet dependent.
1. This is not good for multitasking.
So these are the top 10 best Smart TV in India. You can choose any of the product mentioned above according to your requirements. I have made sure to do proper research on each of the product before submitting my review here.
You can go through the Smart TV Buying Guide as well to know more about them. If you have queries, you can comment it down below. I will be happy to help you out.