Are you aware of the primary reason for indoor air pollution? Well! It is because of the harmful gases that are emitted by the gas while you cook.
A gas burner emits a good amount of nitrogen dioxide, ultrafine particles, as well as carbon monoxide. These are seriously harmful to health. And even electric burners emit harmful gases while you cook.
However, people usually don’t recognize the presence of these harmful gases in the air. To keep those harmful gases away, you need a chimney for your kitchen.
So what is a chimney? It is a kitchen appliance that helps to omit those harmful gases.
It works as ventilation to your kitchen. Even at low speed, it can clear nearly 60-70 % of the pollutants by improving the air quality.
There are several models of chimney available in India. It can get you confused while choosing a particular product according to your kitchen needs.
But, here I have made a buying guide to make you understand the basic parameters of a chimney. Also, you can find the list of the best chimney for Indian kitchen.
Table of Contents
These are the Top 10 Best Kitchen Chimneys in India 2023:
1. It has a suction capacity of 1200 m3/hr.
2. This has a size of 60 cm.
3. It comes with a 3-speed touch switch.
4. This is ideal for a kitchen less than 200 sqft.
1. The Faber HOOD ORIENT XPRESS HC SC BK 60 Auto-Clean Kitchen Chimney is a great product that comes from the brand Faber. It is known for manufacturing great quality kitchen appliances and this product is one of them. This comes in two different colour variants such as black and stainless steel finish.
2. With this chimney, you will have motion-sensing technology. It allows you to have an easy operation with a simple wave of your hand. It comes with a touch control panel that helps you in easy operation with just a single touch.
3. The chimney comes along with filterless technology. It has the next generation of auto-clean features. With no filter, this product ensures truly no cleaning hassles. As a result, it takes very low maintenance and is consumable. The motor position is so good inside the chimney that it clears the path for air and smoke.
4. The product comes along with an amazing auto-clean feature that helps you to clean your chimney with just a single touch. You will have an oil collector cup that will collect oils and the other residues that will help you to clean it quickly.
5. The suction power of this product is super amazing with 1200 m3/hr. It enables you to remove the dust and will allow you to have healthy food to eat. As a result, it will have less smoke and more fragrance while you cook.
1. It is a little noisy.
The Elica WDFL HAC TOUCH 90 MS Auto Clean Chimney is an amazing chimney for the small to mid-size kitchen. It comes with an oil collector that ensures easy cleaning. Moreover, it is moulded with stainless steel and has a rust-free design.
1. It has a suction capacity of 1200 m3/hr.
2. This has 2 LED lamps.
3. It comes with a 90 MS touch-screen.
4. This comes with a full installation kit.
1. Elica WDFL HAC TOUCH 90 MS Auto Clean Chimney comes with filterless technology and is fitted with a sealed motor. It ensures that the oil deposit and the water vapour don’t affect the smooth functioning of the motor. What I like about the product is the high-quality metal blower system that will exhaust out the odour and smoke efficiently. The chimney has a motor field that will ensure longevity.
2. The product comes along with a maximum suction capacity of 1200 m3/hr. It allows you to comfort and help your kitchen stay fresh and less noisy too. All of these, keep it low on maintenance as well as energy-efficient. It comes with two high-quality LED lamps that are designed to grant ease while you cook.
3. The product comes along with a motion sensor that can sense technology and provide you with easy operation with a simple wave of your hand. If you wave at right, it will turn the chimney on and constant waving will increase the speed. Whereas, waving towards the left will decrease the speed and will turn off finally.
4. What I like about this product is the striking design that comes along with the premium features. It has an elegant-looking black matte finish design with the WDFL HAC touch 90 MS motor sensor. The quality is pretty good and the appearance is beautiful. I like the touch control panel as it is trendy and easy to control all the features.
5. The product comes with heat auto-clean technology. It is advanced and solves all your cleaning issues with just a push of a button. It makes the use of a heating element and gets rid of the sticky oil particles inside the product.
1. Installation could be smoother.
The Faber HOOD PRIMUS PLUS ENERGY HC SC BK 90 Auto-Clean Kitchen Chimney is a great combination of performance, technology, as well as looks. It is durable and works perfectly fine for a bigger kitchen area.
1. It is suitable for 200 sqft kitchen space.
2. This has 1500 m3/hr suction capacity.
3. It is 90 cm in size.
4. It comes with 2 LED lamps.
1. The Faber HOOD PRIMUS PLUS ENERGY HC SC BK 90 Auto-Clean Kitchen Chimney comes with an auto-clean feature. It allows you to clean the chimney easily without creating much hassle. What I like more about this product is the beautiful black curved body with a glass shape. It looks super classy and suits any kitchen interior.
2. The product comes with a higher suction capacity of around 1500 m3/hr. As a result, it allows you to keep the performance level supreme for a kitchen space of 200 sqft. It is easily wall-mounted and is suitable for a 3 to 5 burner stove. This will perform amazingly for heavy grilling or frying.
3. The touch panel looks very beautiful and is pretty easy to work with. All you need is a single touch to operate this chimney. The motor is highly powerful to offer heavy performance. The best thing about this product is that it is low and easy to maintenance and you won’t need more time to clean it.
4. Moreover, the chimney comes along with a high-quality stainless steel baffle filter. It helps in dragging down all the smoke, oil, and other residue particles. This comes along with 5 years of warranty on the motor and 1 year of warranty on the product.
1. The after-sales service could be improved.
1. It has 1200m3/hr suction power.
2. It has a touch control panel.
3. There is a baffle filter.
4. It is a wall-mounted kitchen chimney.
1. The Eurodomo Classy HC TC 60 Auto-Clean Chimney has an elegant design. It gives your kitchen a great aesthetic look.
2. It has stainless steel as well as a premium quality baffle filter. This helps to drag down all the smoke, gas, oil particles, etc.
3. The chimney has heat auto clean technology along with a touch button. It gathers all the oil as well as dust particles in the oil collector.
4. It comes with 2 LED lights and has a suction power of 1200m3/hr.
5. There is a touch control panel for easy use of the device.
1. No cons found.
1. It has an amazing design.
2. The LED lights are energy efficient.
3. It has 1200m3/hr suction power.
1. It is one of the most amazing kitchen chimneys in India. The size is around 60 cm which can fit into any kitchen space.
2. The suction power is 1200m3/hr. It makes it easy to clean the oil and collect in the collector providing low maintenance.
3. It comes with two LED lamps to make your cooking easy. This chimney consumes less power of only 230 Watts.
4. It has a baffle filter for efficient cleaning.
1. There may be noise production.
1. It comes with a suction capacity of 1200 m3/hr.
2. This has two LED lamps.
3. It works on 230 Volts.
4. This has a size of 60 cm.
1. The Elica WDFL 606 HAC MS NERO Auto Clean Chimney comes with a maximum suction capacity of 1200 m3/hr. It will offer you comfort and will keep the kitchen fresh. The product is less noisy, energy-efficient, and low on maintenance. It comes with two LED lamps that are of high-efficiency. It will offer you an easy cooking experience.
2. What I like about the chimney is the touch control panel. It looks trendy and will give you access to easy-to-use touch operations. You can operate and clean the chimney without any hassle. It comes separately along with an oil collector that makes sure the cleaning process is easy. This will collect the oil and another residue conveniently. It has a rustproof, stainless steel design that will offer durability.
3. The chimney comes along with heat auto-clean technology. It is fitted with a heating pad on the motor. Using the touch control panel, you will be able to clean the kitchen hood by collecting the oil from the motor in the oil collector cup. The design of this product is sticking with the black, matte finish.
4. This chimney comes along with filterless technology as well as a high-quality metal blower system. It helps in efficient exhausting and ensures the motor field stays durable for a longer period. The motion sensor of this product is super amazing and can be operated by a simple wave of your hand.
1. The after-sales service is not good.
1. It is suitable for 150 sqft kitchen space.
2. This has 1200 m3/hr suction capacity.
3. It is 60 cm in size.
4. It comes with 2 LED lamps.
1. The Hindware Nadia Auto-Clean Kitchen Chimney comes with filterless technology. The suction capacity is pretty powerful with 1200 m3/hr. It is the best addition to your kitchen and will help you have a nice, smoke-free cooking experience.
2. The product has two LED lamps of good quality. They will illuminate a wider surface and at the same time will consume very little power. As a result, you will never face any lighting issues while you cook and won’t hurt your pocket too.
3. What I like about this product is the feather touch control panel. It is so easy to operate the chimney using the touch control panel. The maintenance is pretty low and cleaning takes hardly any time. You will get a 1-year warranty on the product and 5 years on the motor.
1. The installation process wasn’t up to the mark.
1. It has an 880 m3/hr suction capacity.
2. The size of the chimney base is 60 cm.
3. It is a wall-mounted kitchen chimney.
1. The Elica Strip CF 60 NERO Chimney is a perfect blend of innovation as well as technology. It has a pyramid design to enhance your kitchen interior.
2. The suction power is very low and is around 880 m3/hr. It makes your cooking hassle-free. The kitchen area becomes healthy and smoke or dust-free.
3. It comes with an LED lamp to enhance the cooking experience. This provides sufficient lighting to your kitchen space.
4. The product comes with cassette filters to provide efficient purification. It helps to remove all the oil, dirt as well as grease from your kitchen.
5. There is a push-button control panel to make the operation easy. It gives you full access to all the features of the chimney. It comes with less power of only 230 watts.
1. The installation price is high.
The BLOWHOT Ariel Chimney comes from a brand that is known for manufacturing good quality kitchen chimneys. This one is just an example of that and is pretty efficient. It is powerful and good for a smaller kitchen.
1. It is suitable for 100 sqft kitchen space.
2. This has 800 m3/hr suction capacity.
3. It is 60 cm in size.
4. It comes with 2 LED lamps.
1. The BLOWHOT Ariel Chimney comes with a contemporary design. It has got the aesthetics look that will fit into any modern kitchen interior. This has got you two LED lamps to make your cooking experience better. You will not face any kind of issues with the lighting while you cook.
2. What I like about the product is that baffle filter. It helps in keeping the kitchen smoke-free by sending it directly to the outlet. Moreover, you will see an easy push control that will help you control the features easily and quickly. You can get your kitchen cleaned just by using a push of your finger.
3. The best thing about this kitchen chimney is that it is less noisy. Cooking is hard and if your chimney makes noise, then it will even harder. But this one produces even less than 59 dBA of noise while comforting the cooking. You can enjoy easy cooking as this will gets fitted in the wall of your kitchen very easily. It will take less space and will look appealing.
1. Lights could be a little better.
The Inalsa Classica 60SSBF Pyramid Chimney is a great chimney for people looking forward to an amazing product to keep the kitchen smoke-free. It offers high suction capacity along with good quality stainless steel baffle filters.
1. It is suitable for 175 sqft kitchen space.
2. This has an 1150 m3/hr suction capacity.
3. It is 60 cm in size.
4. It comes with 2 LED lamps.
5. This comes with three-speed settings.
1. The Inalsa Classica 60SSBF Pyramid Chimney is yet another great chimney from the brand Inalsa. It has a nice design that looks pretty amazing for any kitchen interior. Cooking with it can be fun. It is 60 cm in size which is good for any small to medium kitchen area.
2. The kitchen chimney comes with two stainless steel baffle filters. It will enhance the utility by eliminating unhealthy smoke as well as greasy things from your kitchen. These filters will keep your kitchen smoke as well as oil-free. The best thing is that cleaning and maintain the filters are easy to do.
3. What I like about this Insla kitchen chimney is the push-button control panel. With the easy push, you can access and operate the device quickly. This push-button control will provide you with both innovation and style. What is more interesting is the 133W power efficiency and the airflow that will give you super amazing performance.
1. It makes little noise.
Kitchen Chimney Buying Guide
1. Types of Kitchen Chimneys
Well! There are two different types of kitchen chimneys available based on installation. Below, I am going to talk about the benefits and working principle of the types of chimneys.
a) Ductless Chimney
The ductless chimney has a fan as well as a motor or a blower to run the process. The air absorbed by the chimney is passed through the filters to absorb heat, smoke, odour, etc. It then releases all the clean air into your kitchen.
1. It is easy to set up as well as install.
2. This is versatile in nature.
3. It has an auto on/off feature.
1. You need to change the filter more often.
2. It re-circulates the air.
3. It produces a lot of noise.
b) Ducting Chimney
The ducting chimney is also known as the extracting chimney. It sucks in the polluted air from your kitchen and passes it to the filters as well as meshes.
The oil and grim absorption from the air take place here. Later, all these are released outside through a PVC outlet or a pipe.
1. It captures dust, smoke as well as fumes in a huge quantity.
2. It is superiorly efficient to work with.
3. This is used for commercial kitchens.
1. It requires proper installation.
2. This is too noisy.
It is very important to choose the correct one for your kitchen. As it helps to keep your kitchen clean and user-friendly while cooking tasty food.
However, ducted chimneys are much more preferable as well as efficient. It has flexible options and settings. This is best for commercial use whereas, for residential use, you can prefer either of the two.
2. Types of Filters
a) Baffle Filter
It has a flow control panel that has several curve structures. These are made of aluminium or steel to alter the air course.
The filter follows the ‘Cut and Slash” technology to separate oil and odour from the smoke. Then the oil gets deposited on to the layers of aluminium or steel. However, the suction power is not affected.
But you need to clean it after every 2 or 3 months of continuous use.
b) Charcoal Or Carbon Filter
Charcoal filters are commonly known as the carbon filters. To detect the odour coming out from the smoke, it has charcoal granules present in it.
It is an optional filter that comes along with baffle or mesh filter. This is a replaceable filter and you can replace it for every 3-6 months.
c) Mesh/Cassette Filter
The mesh filters are made up of overlapping layers of aluminium mesh. It has minute holes to let the air pass through the filters. This also clears out the oil as well as the grime present in the pores.
However, you need to clean the pores present in the filters to make the chimney work properly.
3. Kitchen Chimney Design
There are two types of kitchen chimney design present in the market. These are:
a) Contemporary Chimneys
The chimneys made with stainless steel and have a crystal or glass are contemporary chimneys. They come in a wide range of colours.
These are stylish in design and has a sleek appearance. It enhances the aesthetic appearance of a modular kitchen.
b) Conventional Chimneys
If you are looking for chimneys that are meant for practical or commercial use, then Conventional chimneys are the best option. These are found in the most modern kitchen.
Usually, these chimneys are made up of stainless steel with a straight-line design. These are not that expensive and are available in both ductless and ducted variation.
4. Size of Chimney
The size of the chimney plays a major role while buying a kitchen chimney. Every chimney comes in different sizes and varies from brand to brand.
However, the best way to decide a chimney size is to measure the size of your kitchen gas stover or hob size. Then, buy a chimney of the exact same size or bigger. This will suck up the smoke efficiently.
Remember, a chimney shouldn’t be smaller than your kitchen stove.
Every chimney has a motor present within it to carry out all the excess air circulation. As a result, it causes noise. Thus, before buying a chimney, you must consider the noise factor.
Chimneys with heavy noise may make you feel uncomfortable as well as irritate the neighbours. To check out the noise factor, you can go through customer reviews as well as the product specifications.
6. Auto Clean Chimney
Checking for the auto clean factor is very important. A kitchen chimney is difficult to clean and thus, you need to check for chimneys with an auto cleaning feature.
This helps to clean the machine accordingly. It lets you use the chimney without any issue.
7. Types of Chimney Hoods
There are four different types of chimney hoods based on the functionality as well as the mounting positions.
a) Wall Mounted Chimneys
The chimneys that are most commonly used in every house are the wall-mounted ones. These are fixed on the wall and a hand or two above the stove.
You can find different designs as well as attractive styles which gives your kitchen interior a massive look. This usually attracts customers for buying this type of chimney.
b) Corner Chimney
The corner chimneys are adjustable. You can draw it over the gas stove as per your needs and retract it back by clicking a button.
c) Inbuilt Chimney
The type of kitchen chimney that is under cabinets or remains concealed behind to match with the kitchen interior is known as the built-in chimney.
d) Ceiling Mounted/Island Chimney
This type of chimney is fixed to the ceiling and it hangs like a ceiling fan right above the gas stove. If you have countertop cooking appliances designed in Western styles, then this type of chimneys are a perfect choice.
8. The Suction Power of the Chimney
Suction power is yet another crucial factor to consider while buying a chimney. A kitchen chimney must have a suction capacity of 500m3/hr to 650m3/hr for a flat with a maximum of three rooms.
However, if you have a big drawing-room, then you will need a suction power of a minimum of 650m3/hr to a maximum of 1000m3/hr.
9. Maintenance and Cleaning
One of the most important things to consider while looking for a chimney is maintenance which includes cleaning. You must clean and maintain the chimney to improve the functionality.
You don’t want to invest in something that needs a lot of maintenance. Look for a chimney that is easy to clean. Chimneys with detachable filters and auto cleaning features are the best.
Buying a chimney is no less hassle. You are investing your hard-earned money, you want something durable. Thus, look for branded products that offer a good warranty period.
Usually, a branded chimney comes with a warranty period of 1 year or 2. However, it varies from brand to brand and you can always get it repaired for free of cost within the warranty period.
While buying a kitchen chimney, it is important you check the price of the product. After all, you are investing your hard-earned money and you want the best.
You will get discounts on several e-commerce sites such as Amazon and Flipkart. The price varies from brand to brand. And also, the higher your requirements are, the higher the price will be.
12. Additional Features
a) Push Buttons
There are usually 2-3-4 levels of speed and it varies from brand to brand. It is beneficial to use the chimney at night or in darkness.
b) LED Light Indicator
The LED light indicators are great for indicating in case of an emergency in chimney’s function.
It is an alarm that rings in case of cleaning or any maintenance are needed.
d) Auto-Heat Sensor
It detects oil particles present and thus switch to the on/off mode automatically.
e) Detachable Oil Collector
It is helpful to carry oil particles. They are easy to use as are detachable.
f) Auto-Clean Function
This features stops the chimney for a certain period of time to clean the excess oil from the device. It stops working until the oil is removed.
So these are the top 10 best kitchen chimney in India. You can choose from any one of them according to requirements such as budget and size.
There are so many options available in the Indian market. It may become difficult for you to choose from. Go through our buying guide as well as the product lists to get your hands on the best.