Are you aware of the primary reason behind the indoor air pollution? Well! It is because of the harmful gases that are emitted by the gas while you cook.
A gas burner emits a good amount of nitrogen dioxide, ultrafine particles, as well as carbon monoxide. These are seriously harmful to health. And even electric burners emit harmful gases while you cook.
However, people usually don’t recognize the presence of these harmful gases in the air. To keep those harmful gases away, you need a chimney for your kitchen.
So what is a chimney? It is a kitchen appliance that helps to omit those harmful gases.
It works as ventilation to your kitchen. Even at low speed, it can clear nearly 60-70 % of the pollutants by improving the air quality.
There are several models of chimney available in India. It can get you confused while choosing a particular product according to your kitchen needs.
But, here I have made a buying guide to make you understand the basic parameters of a chimney. Also, you can find the list of the best chimney for Indian kitchen.
Table of Contents
- Kitchen Chimney Buying Guide
- Top 10 Best Kitchen Chimneys in India 2019
- 1. Faber HOOD CREST HC SC BK 90 Auto Clean Chimney
- 2. Elica WD HAC TOUCH BF 60 BK Auto Clean Chimney
- 3. Eurodomo Classy HC TC 60 Auto-Clean Chimney
- 4. Elica GLACE SF ETB PLUS LTW 60 PB LED Chimney
- 5. Eurodomo Sapphire PB SS 60 Chimney
- 6. Elica WD HAC TOUCH BF 60 Auto Clean Chimney
- 7. Elica ESCG BF 60 NERO Chimney
- 8. Hindware Nevio 60 Auto Clean Chimney
- 9. Faber Hood Crest HC SC BK 60 Auto Clean Chimney
- 10. Elica Strip CF 60 NERO Chimney
- Final Talk
Kitchen Chimney Buying Guide
1. Types of Kitchen Chimneys
Well! There are two different types of kitchen chimneys available based on installation. Below, I am going to talk about the benefits and working principle of the types of chimneys.
a) Ductless Chimney
The ductless chimney has a fan as well as a motor or a blower to run the process. The air absorbed by the chimney is passed through the filters to absorb heat, smoke, odour, etc. It then releases all the clean air to your kitchen.
1. It is easy to set up as well as install.
2. This is versatile in nature.
3. It has auto on/off feature.
1. You need to change the filter more often.
2. It re-circulates the air.
3. It produces a lot of noise.
b) Ducting Chimney
The ducting chimney is also known as the extracting chimney. It sucks in the polluted air from your kitchen and passes it to the filters as well as meshes.
The oil and grim absorption from the air take place here. Later, all these are released outside through a PVC outlet or a pipe.
1. It captures dust, smoke as well as fumes in a huge quantity.
2. It is superiorly efficient to work with.
3. This is used for commercial kitchens.
1. It requires proper installation.
2. This is too noisy.
It is very important to choose the correct one for your kitchen. As it helps to keep your kitchen clean and user-friendly while cooking tasty food.
However, ducted chimneys are much more preferable as well as efficient. It has flexible options and settings. This is best for commercial use whereas, for residential use, you can prefer either of the two.
2. Types of Filters
a) Baffle Filter
It has a flow control panel that has several curve structures. These are made of aluminium or steel to alter the air course.
The filter follows the ‘Cut and Slash” technology to separate oil and odour from the smoke. Then the oil gets deposited on to the layers of aluminium or steel. However, the suction power is not affected.
But you need to clean it after every 2 or 3 months of continuous use.
b) Charcoal Or Carbon Filter
Charcoal filters are commonly known as the carbon filters. To detect the odour coming out from the smoke, it has charcoal granules present in it.
It is an optional filter that comes along with baffle or mesh filter. This is a replaceable filter and you can replace it for every 3-6 months.
c) Mesh/Cassette Filter
The mesh filters are made up of overlapping layers of aluminium mesh. It has minute holes to let the air pass through the filters. This also clears out the oil as well as the grime present in the pores.
However, you need to clean the pores present in the filters to make the chimney work properly.
3. Kitchen Chimney Design
There are two types of kitchen chimney design present in the market. These are:
a) Contemporary Chimneys
The chimneys made with stainless steel and have a crystal or glass are the contemporary chimneys. They come in a wide range of colours.
These are stylish in design and has a sleek appearance. It enhances the aesthetic appearance of a modular kitchen.
b) Conventional Chimneys
If you are looking for chimneys that are meant for practical or commercial use, then Conventional chimneys are the best option. These are found in most of the modern kitchen.
Usually, these chimneys are made up of stainless steel with straight line design. These are not that expensive and are available in both ductless and ducted variation.
4. Size of Chimney
Size of the chimney plays a major role while buying a kitchen chimney. Every chimney comes in different sizes and varies from brand to brand.
However, the best way to decide a chimney size is to measure the size of your kitchen gas stover or hob size. Then, buy a chimney of the exact same size or bigger. This will suck up the smoke efficiently.
Remember, a chimney shouldn’t be smaller than your kitchen stove.
Every chimney has a motor present within it to carry out all the excess air circulation. As a result, it causes noise. Thus, before buying a chimney, you must consider the noise factor.
Chimneys with heavy noise may make you feel uncomfortable as well as irritate the neighbours. To check out the noise factor, you can go through customer reviews as well as the product specifications.
6. Auto Clean Chimney
Checking for the auto clean factor is very important. A kitchen chimney is difficult to clean and thus, you need to check for chimneys with auto cleaning feature.
This helps to clean the machine accordingly. It lets you use the chimney without any issue.
7. Types of Chimney Hoods
There are four different types of chimney hoods based on the functionality as well as the mounting positions.
a) Wall Mounted Chimneys
The chimneys that are most commonly used in every house are the wall mounted ones. These are fixed on the wall and a hand or two above the stove.
You can find different designs as well as attractive styles which gives your kitchen interior a massive look. This usually attracts customers for buying this type of chimney.
b) Corner Chimney
The corner chimneys are adjustable. You can draw it over the gas stove as per your needs and retract back by clicking a button.
c) Inbuilt Chimney
The type of kitchen chimney that is under cabinets or remains concealed behind to match with the kitchen interior is known as the built-in chimney.
d) Ceiling Mounted/Island Chimney
This type of chimney is fixed to the ceiling and it hangs like a ceiling fan right above the gas stove. If you have countertop cooking appliances designed in Western styles, then this type of chimneys are a perfect choice.
8. The Suction Power of the Chimney
Suction power is yet another crucial factor to consider while buying a chimney. A kitchen chimney must have a suction capacity of 500m3/hr to 650m3/hr for a flat with a maximum of three rooms.
However, if you have a big drawing room, then you will need a suction power of minimum 650m3/hr to a maximum of 1000m3/hr.
9. Maintenance and Cleaning
One of the most important things to consider while looking for a chimney is the maintenance which includes cleaning. You must clean and maintain the chimney to improve the functionality.
You don’t want to invest in something that needs a lot of maintenance. Look for a chimney that is easy to clean. Chimneys with detachable filters and auto cleaning features are the best.
Buying a chimney is of no less hassle. You are investing your hard earned money, you want something durable. Thus, look for branded products that offer a good warranty period.
Usually, a branded chimney comes with a warranty period of 1 year or 2. However, it varies brand to brand and you can always get it repaired for free of cost within the warranty period.
While buying a kitchen chimney, it is important you check the price of the product. After all, you are investing your hard earned money and you want the best.
You will get discounts on several e-commerce sites such as Amazon and Flipkart. The price varies from brand to brand. And also, the higher your requirements are, the higher the price will be.
12. Additional Features
a) Push Buttons
There are usually 2-3-4 levels of speed and it varies from brand to brand. It is beneficial to use the chimney at night or in darkness.
b) LED Light Indicator
The LED light indicators are great for indicating in case of an emergency in chimney’s function.
It is an alarm that rings in case of cleaning or any maintenance are needed.
d) Auto-Heat Sensor
It detects oil particles present and thus switch to the on/off mode automatically.
e) Detachable Oil Collector
It is helpful to carry oil particles. They are easy to use as are detachable.
f) Auto-Clean Function
This features stops the chimney for a certain period of time to clean the excess oil from the device. It stops working until the oil is removed.
Top 10 Best Kitchen Chimneys in India 2019
1. It has 1200m3/hr suction power.
2. Less Noisy.
3. It has Filterless technology.
4. It has an oil collector.
5. The motor is very powerful.
1. The Faber HOOD CREST HC SC BK 90 Auto Clean Chimney has a high suction capacity of 1200m3/hr. It ensures to remove all the excess oil, grime as well as other gases.
2. It has an elegant design with high performance. The product can leave up to your expectations. It is durable in nature as well.
3. The product produces less noise even though it is highly efficient. As a result, you can cook without any disturbance.
4. There is a special feature to control the gesture. You can control the suction speed just by waving your hand. For easy use, it has a touch control panel.
5. It has an auto clean feature which helps in cleaning the chimney without any hassle. This can clean the oil, dirt, and other gases with just a click. It is sufficient to clean it once in a while.
6. This chimney has a special feature. It needs no filters. The motor is positioned in such a way to provide clear direction for proper air flow.
7. It requires no maintenance and has a warranty of 5 years on motor and 1 year on the product.
1. It is a little bit expensive.
1. It has an amazing design.
2. The LED lights are energy efficient.
3. It has 1200m3/hr suction power.
1. It is one of the most amazing kitchen chimneys in India. The size is around 60 cm which can fit into any kitchen space.
2. The suction power is 1200m3/hr. It makes it easy to clean the oil and collect in the collector providing low maintenance.
3. It comes with two LED lamps to make your cooking easy. This chimney consumes less power of only 230 Watts.
4. It has a baffle filter for efficient cleaning.
1. There may be noise production.
1. It has 1200m3/hr suction power.
2. It has a touch control panel.
3. There is a baffle filter.
4. It is wall mounted kitchen chimney.
1. The Eurodomo Classy HC TC 60 Auto-Clean Chimney has an elegant design. It gives your kitchen a great aesthetic look.
2. It has stainless steel as well as premium quality baffle filter. This helps to drag down all the smoke, gas, oil particles, etc.
3. The chimney has heat auto clean technology along with a touch button. It gathers all the oil as well as dust particles in the oil collector.
4. It comes with 2 LED lights and has a suction power of 1200m3/hr.
5. There is a touch control panel for easy use of the device.
1. No cons found.
1. It has 1200m3/hr suction power.
2. It has push-button control.
3. This is a wall mounted chimney.
4. The size is 60 cm.
5. It comes with an installation kit.
1. The Elica GLACE SF ETB PLUS LTW 60 PB LED Chimney has an amazing design with hood top. It can fit into any kitchen interior giving a beautiful shape to the interior.
2. It has a baffle filter present to enhance the maintenance factor. This cleans all the smoke, dirt, grease from your kitchen. It makes the kitchen oil and smoke-free. The filter is easy to clean.
3. The chimney comes with an installation kit. The kit includes a clamp, a cowl cover, an aluminium duct pipe as well as an aluminium tape.
4. It has 2 LED lamps to provide sufficient lighting. These make your cooking easy and convenient. The lamps consume less power, thus pocket-friendly.
5. The max air flow is 1200m3/hr. It gives you comfort and makes your kitchen environment healthy.
6. It has push-button control to ease out the operation. This makes it a perfect device with smart technology and style.
1. There is no self-cleaning mode.
1. It has a suction power of 850m3/hr.
2. The size is 60 cm.
3. It has a cassette filter.
4. It is a wall mounted chimney.
1. The Eurodomo Sapphire PB SS 60 Chimney has a modern design with a stainless steel finish. It ensures durability and long term premium performance.
2. It has a low suction power of 850m3/hr. This is suitable for small rooms with 100-110 sqft. It comes with 2 bulbs to provide sufficient lighting.
3. The kitchen chimney has cassette filters. It ensures your kitchen stay dust as well as smoke-free. This can capture every minute dust particles.
4. It has easy to use push buttons with symbols present to make it understandable. You can now access every feature with these buttons.
1. It may produce a little noise.
1. It has heat auto clean technology.
2. The suction power is 1200m3/hr.
3. It has 180 Watt Consumption.
4. There are two baffle filters.
5. It has a stylish look along with curved glass.
1. The Elica WD HAC TOUCH BF 60 Auto Clean Chimney is from the brand Elica. It is known for making innovative kitchen products.
2. It has a unique design to enhance your kitchen interior. The chimney has grace as well as an elegance factor to give the luxury touch to your kitchen.
3. There is an easy to touch control panel. It makes the product convenient to use.
4. The Elica chimney has Heat Auto Clean Technology. You can clean the product itself using a simple button. It removes all the sticky oil and collects it in the collector. You need to clean it twice or thrice a month.
5. It has a suction power of 1200m3/hr. This is sufficient for bigger drawing rooms. It comes with 2 LED lamps for giving perfect lighting while you cook.
6. The chimney has a baffle filter to move air freely without any disturbance. It comes with a warranty of 1 year on the product and 5 years on the motor.
1. There is no installation provided.
1. It has 1100m3/hr suction power.
2. This is easy to use.
3. It is affordable.
4. It has 5 years of warranty.
1. The product has an elegant design to provide a charming look to your kitchen interiors. It makes your cooking ambience nice as well as healthy.
2. The Chimney has a baffle filter to reduce the cleaning time. It can efficiently clean the oil, dirt, grimes, etc and collect it in the oil collector. You can clean it according to your will! It needs no extra effort.
3. There is a push button panel to make the device convenient. It lets you access every feature present in the chimney.
4. It is small in size and will not take up a lot of space. Thus, it will make your kitchen outlook superior. Apart from that, it has 2 LED lamps to give proper lighting while you cook.
5. It is an energy efficient kitchen chimney. This consumes only 230Watts. Thus, there is no tension of paying the huge electricity bill.
6. It has a suction power if 1100m3/hr. This helps in keeping the kitchen fresh and healthy.
1. High installation charge.
1. It has 1200m3/hr suction power.
2. It has an auto-cleaning system.
3. There is a push button control panel.
1. It is a perfect combination of a visionary idea as well as smart technology. This makes it an extremely helpful product for your kitchen.
2. It has a push button control panel to make the usage convenient. This lets you access all the features making the controlling easy.
3. The product has a suction power of 1200m3/hr. It makes the kitchen chimney cleaning easy and the maintenance low.
4. It has a baffle filter to clean all the oil and dirt. This collects the oil in the oil collector. It consumes less power and thus pocket-friendly.
1. It may produce noise.
1. It has a suction power of 1200m3/hr.
2. It has an Oil Collector.
3. There is heat auto-clean technology.
4. It has a touch control panel.
1. The Faber Hood Crest HC SC BK 60 Auto Clean Chimney has a super stylish design with high durability. It has 1200m3/hr suction power making it highly efficient to work with.
2. It has a powerful motor. However, it produces no such heavy noise.
3. The product comes with a unique feature of gesture control. You can wave your hands to control the suction speed. It has a touch control panel as well for smoother use.
4. There is heat auto-clean technology. It cleans the chimney automatically without any hassle. Thus, it requires zero maintenance.
5. This product has no filters. The chimney position makes a pathway to let the air flow.
6. There are 2 LED lights to ensure proper lighting while you cook.
1. It is a little bit expensive.
1. It has 880 m3/hr suction capacity.
2. The size of the chimney base is 60 cm.
3. It is a wall mounted kitchen chimney.
1. The Elica Strip CF 60 NERO Chimney is a perfect blend of innovation as well as technology. It has a pyramid design to enhance your kitchen interior.
2. The suction power is very low and is around 880 m3/hr. It makes your cooking hassle-free. The kitchen area becomes healthy and smoke or dust free.
3. It comes with an LED lamp to enhance the cooking experience. This provides sufficient lighting to your kitchen space.
4. The product comes with cassette filters to provide efficient purification. It helps to remove all the oil, dirt as well as grease from your kitchen.
5. There is a push button control panel to make the operation easy. It gives you full access to all the features of the chimney. It comes less power of only 230 watts.
1. The installation price is high.
So these are the top 10 best kitchen chimney in India. You can choose from any one of them according to requirements such as budget and size.
There are so many options available in the Indian market. It may become difficult for you to choose from. Go through our buying guide as well as the product lists to get your hands on the best.